(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~11/13 - 6/14~

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I remembered that you don't like connecting doors ;) And that you had three reservations! :love:

Hello Kook!!

My knee is a tad better everyday. Going to physical therapy 2X a week so nothing will get in the way of our FIRST WL AND CL trip 2/2-10 !!!!!!

The view from #7127 is beautiful!!! What is the best way of putting in one of those, kindly,if you can,just wondering if,type of requests??? I'd like to ask for either of the rooms you mentioned. Yes, I know there's absolutely no guarantee, but it never hurts to ask.DH & I have built 3 days into our week for enjoying our resort and balcony sitting will be a part of it. Would be nice to have a lovely view.
Thirteen years ago, 3 days before showing up at the Poly, I faxed a letter stating how that was going to be my first visit to WDW and my first time relaxing since the death of my younger brother (car accident) and best girlfriend (picks Disease,early Alzheimers,was only 42). I had reserved a garden room,facing the parking lot, and just asked that, if possible, it could be a room in a less active area.Well, imagine my shock when we walked into a room in Moorea Bldg, right on the beach!! Talk about a pixie dust upgrade!! I actually went back to the desk and told them they made an error and put me in the wrong room! It took some convincing that I was in the right room.I wasn't aware of the pixie dust factor at that time. Since then, I am a believer that sometimes nice stuff happens, and when you least expect it. pixiedust:

Hello Kook!!

My knee is a tad better everyday. Going to physical therapy 2X a week so nothing will get in the way of our FIRST WL AND CL trip 2/2-10 !!!!!!

The view from #7127 is beautiful!!! What is the best way of putting in one of those, kindly,if you can,just wondering if,type of requests??? I'd like to ask for either of the rooms you mentioned. Yes, I know there's absolutely no guarantee, but it never hurts to ask.DH & I have built 3 days into our week for enjoying our resort and balcony sitting will be a part of it. Would be nice to have a lovely view.
Thirteen years ago, 3 days before showing up at the Poly, I faxed a letter stating how that was going to be my first visit to WDW and my first time relaxing since the death of my younger brother (car accident) and best girlfriend (picks Disease,early Alzheimers,was only 42). I had reserved a garden room,facing the parking lot, and just asked that, if possible, it could be a room in a less active area.Well, imagine my shock when we walked into a room in Moorea Bldg, right on the beach!! Talk about a pixie dust upgrade!! I actually went back to the desk and told them they made an error and put me in the wrong room! It took some convincing that I was in the right room.I wasn't aware of the pixie dust factor at that time. Since then, I am a believer that sometimes nice stuff happens, and when you least expect it. pixiedust:
It's never a problem to make a request and when you're staying CL, it's very easy. Simply email the IPO and ask that they add a request of "ROOM 7127 or 7035" to your reservation. When you check-in upstairs, ask if either of those rooms you requested are available. 7127 is in the South Wing and is closer to the lounge and lobby elevators. 7035 is in the North Wing.

There are several view/room type possibilities when staying CL, however, none of them, including bunk beds, can be booked, they are by-request only. The Old Faithful Club knows this and will try to fulfill requests, if they can.

Have a wonderful stay at the Old Faithful Club:love:

My Dear Kook,
Thank-you SO SO much!!!

I also want to thank-you for writing out the bike path directions which I made sure I copied, as that is definitely on our to-do list.

Haven't been on a bike in quite awhile and am so looking forward to our WL-FW loop as my inaugural ride for 2014!!!!!
Back in DH's pre-retirement HS principal days, when he chaperoned student trips to WDW, he would make a point of taking time to get to the WL area so he could jog around and work off some stress. It'll be the first time he's been in that area on a bike instead of on foot. So what fun for the both of us!!!

Sincerely,can't thank-you enough Kook, for all your time you put towards making trips for people like us, memorable experiences.:worship:

Half & Half is sold at The Mercantile:

28f4dfe1-9948-4f42-9cb0-2afee6a40fce.jpg

And, there is creamer at Roaring Fork:

That's not a strange question to me. Actually, the hair dryers are powerful. I have long hair and it dries very quickly. It actually seems better than my home dryer. The hair dryers are detached and look just like this:

ir7r78.jpg

Have a wonderfully warm vacation!

Thank you for the info and understanding. LOL

Thank you for the welcome! I was thinking about the FP+. Just haven't gotten to the point of deciding on park days. I can't wait to relax around the lodge. The last time we were at the world was in January of '12 with 11 people (3 grandkids under 5) so this will definitely be more relaxed. Just so excited!

52 Days and Counting!!!

Well, now that the holidays are over, I am really starting to get excited about our upcoming stay at WL!!!

Trying to get our transportation together, and wondered what the best option would be for: Kona Breakfast at 7:30 a.m. (MK doesn't open until 9:00 that morning). Am I correct the the "Red Flag" boat will not be running that early? Should I take a bus to MK, then boat / monorail over to Poly? or should I take a bus over to GF, then monorail over to Poly? Or finally just hop in a cab?

How hard is it to get a table inside the lounge for a bite and drink? How about breakfast in the Whispering Canyon as a walk up?

Thanks in advance!!!

6, almost 7, days into the month and still seeing the December activities calendar...anyone there at WL able to post up the one for January? Getting anxious to see what's going on during our trip later this month. Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2

All of the info on this thread is extremely valuable and I am so grateful for it!
My family of 4 is checking in to WL on 3/31 for 2 nights before we head to my mother's house (which is where we usually stay when we head to WDW). I am so excited to finally have the opportunity to stay on-site and I've been dreaming of staying at WL ever since it was built!
Two questions that I can't find a definitive answer to:
1) what is the best WV room with bunk beds to request? Quiet is a priority as we have a very light-sleeping toddler :rolleyes2
2) do they still do the flag family thing? Any tips for successfully requesting this at check-in? We will only have two mornings at WL and one of them we will be at MK by rope drop so I figure our chance of getting to do it on the one day we have available is fairly slim.
Thanks again to all for the information. This thread has been so helpful!

It's never a problem to make a request and when you're staying CL, it's very easy. Simply email the IPO and ask that they add a request of "ROOM 7127 or 7035" to your reservation. When you check-in upstairs, ask if either of those rooms you requested are available. 7127 is in the South Wing and is closer to the lounge and lobby elevators. 7035 is in the North Wing.

There are several view/room type possibilities when staying CL, however, none of them, including bunk beds, can be booked, they are by-request only. The Old Faithful Club knows this and will try to fulfill requests, if they can.

Have a wonderful stay at the Old Faithful Club:love:

Exactly what I was going to say. :worship:

52 Days and Counting!!!

Well, now that the holidays are over, I am really starting to get excited about our upcoming stay at WL!!!

How hard is it to get a table inside the lounge for a bite and drink? How about breakfast in the Whispering Canyon as a walk up?

Thanks in advance!!!

We were at WL last Feb 4 to 11th and Whispering Canyon never had more than a handful of tables filled for breakfast. The morning we ate there had about 8 tables occupied at 9 am.

We really liked Artist Point on our last visit in September. My wife makes all the ADRs, but I think we chose that over Cali Grill for our April AKL trip, we'll have a car for the first time in a long time, so we'll have the flexibility to go wherever we want. AP and a lodge visit sounds like a good way to spend an evening. :)

I have known what I wanted to order there for years! Portabella soup and Cedar plank salmon.
Any other recommendations?

Thank you for the welcome! I was thinking about the FP+. Just haven't gotten to the point of deciding on park days. I can't wait to relax around the lodge. The last time we were at the world was in January of '12 with 11 people (3 grandkids under 5) so this will definitely be more relaxed. Just so excited!

One thing to keep in mind about FP+ is that currently, they are very flexible. During Christmas, we were literally able to change all of our FP+ reservations to a completely different park, and get all the rides we wanted at a different park in less than 5 minutes.

We were on the bus to AK from WL and it experienced a long delay at GF. It couldn't get into the bus stop and was backed-up for a while. We decided to get off at the GF and take the monorail to the MK instead. In the 5 minutes I had while waiting for the bus to finally get to the bus stop, I switched all our FPs to MK and for times that were less than one hour away. As of now, the FP+ system is very flexible.

52 Days and Counting!!!

Trying to get our transportation together, and wondered what the best option would be for: Kona Breakfast at 7:30 a.m. (MK doesn't open until 9:00 that morning). Am I correct the the "Red Flag" boat will not be running that early? Should I take a bus to MK, then boat / monorail over to Poly? or should I take a bus over to GF, then monorail over to Poly? Or finally just hop in a cab?

Thanks in advance!!!
Territory Lounge can get crowded at night and the servers get a bit harried. We went 3 times during Christmas and once we had to sit at the bar and wait for a table, but twice we walked up to a table. In the off-season, I would think it would be much easier, though it wasn't too bad even at Christmas. Folks come and go often and many are just having a drink before an AP ADR.

There is an early ADR bus you can take to Kona. Details are in the TRANSPORTATION section HERE. The early ADR bus starts at 0630 and for Kona you would take the MK bus, but tell the driver when you get on that you're going to Kona.

6, almost 7, days into the month and still seeing the December activities calendar...anyone there at WL able to post up the one for January? Getting anxious to see what's going on during our trip later this month. Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2
The site updated to January for some resorts, but not others, but don't give up.

All of the info on this thread is extremely valuable and I am so grateful for it!
My family of 4 is checking in to WL on 3/31 for 2 nights before we head to my mother's house (which is where we usually stay when we head to WDW). I am so excited to finally have the opportunity to stay on-site and I've been dreaming of staying at WL ever since it was built!
Two questions that I can't find a definitive answer to:
1) what is the best WV room with bunk beds to request? Quiet is a priority as we have a very light-sleeping toddler :rolleyes2
2) do they still do the flag family thing? Any tips for successfully requesting this at check-in? We will only have two mornings at WL and one of them we will be at MK by rope drop so I figure our chance of getting to do it on the one day we have available is fairly slim.
Thanks again to all for the information. This thread has been so helpful!
You're welcome and I'm glad you've found the thread helpful. Yes, they still have Flag Family. There is no secret though, you have to ask at check-in and the CM will look to see if any morning is un-filled during your stay. The longer your stay, the more likely it's available.

You could add a request for a "quiet area" to your reservation and the Room Assignor will try to accommodate you. Keep in mind that the EWP is loud and there are boat horns tooting all the time, so the further away from Bay Lake, the quieter it would be for you. But, a Standard View room in the South Wing would be the furthest from Bay Lake and quietest.

Exactly what I was going to say. :worship:
:thumbsup2

We were at WL last Feb 4 to 11th and Whispering Canyon never had more than a handful of tables filled for breakfast. The morning we ate there had about 8 tables occupied at 9 am.
I agree - I've never seen it full at breakfast - dinner is a different story though.

I have known what I wanted to order there for years! Portabella soup and Cedar plank salmon.
Any other recommendations?
Just reminding everyone that you can order AP entrees at Territory Lounge. We loved doing this over Christmas. It was a more relaxed atmosphere at TL and we didn't need an ADR. The service was fast and food tasty. We used TiW, but they do not accept the DDP for AP food at TL.

that's what I was hoping :yay:

KOOK

Great, because I see you can order a couple of items from Artist Point, and who doesn't enjoy a nice adult beverage while on vacation to go along with it!!!

Awesome info about the ADR bus!!! "Confession Time" I actually thought the ADR bus was only for Character Meals...............Duh!!!!

I was able to do online checkin for our upcoming stay of 3/2 - 3/8 but as far as room requests it would only let me request floors. How do I go about putting in a special request for otter pond view towards MK?

Thanks in advance :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter