(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~11/13 - 6/14~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hstrickland

hstrickland Way Down South...

Thanks! I feel like I actually have a life again;)

You've done WL CL, right? And yes, I'm a sucker for a cabin and a golf cart. I'm telling ya, it's a great place to do nothing - just relax with the kids, swim, etc.- a great pre-trip resort :thumbsup2

They did win -University of Central Florida. DH is an Orlando boy - born and raised, so I have to watch ;)

Enjoy your day back! I'm right there with ya next Monday. We've been watching the news and see all that snow! Holy cow!!!! I wouldn't know what to do :laughing:

By the way.....love your ticker!!! The GF is awesome - hope you keep it (no changes :teeth:)

Looks better! We considered the villas, but they looked so dated. Going to be a nice change I would l think.

Hows that TR coming along?.....popcorn::

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. nimbuscat

nimbuscat Mouseketeer

One more day!! *doing the happy dance*

4. CJK

CJK <font color=purple>BL II -Purple Team <br><font co

Anyone know the January outdoor movie schedule? I can only find the December schedule so far. Thanks! :thumbsup2

5. nimbuscat

nimbuscat Mouseketeer

CJK, I'm not sure when the site that this thread links to will be updated, but this is the site I've been checking. They posted that the new schedules will be up later today: http://www.*********************.com/activity-outdoormovie.php

Edited...oh shoot, the site name is blocked. It's 'build a better mouse trip' . com / activity-outdoormovie.php (no spaces).

6. CJK

CJK <font color=purple>BL II -Purple Team <br><font co

Thank you! That was the site I was checking, but I hadn't checked since they added the update about later today. Thanks so much! :goodvibes

7. nimbuscat

nimbuscat Mouseketeer

No problem! We leave tomorrow, and I am anxiously awaiting the schedule for WL and Ft. Wilderness, so I can see if the evening we have set aside for an outdoor movie is showing something my DD would enjoy. If not, time for a last-minute shuffling of plans! :)

8. chykov

chykov Earning My Ears

We will be arriving on January 26 and staying through Feb 2. Deluxe Room Club Level!!!

9. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Snow day here today and extra crispy outside, (though DD's school is still out for Christmas break until Monday). Great day to stay inside and finally catch-up on multi-quoting for 3 threads and my post-vacation to-do list. I'm about 8 pages behind here so bear with me while I respond in small batches.

It's probably obvious, but our Christmas at WL/WDW was truly magical and just about perfect. I can't recommend WL/VWL enough at Christmastime. It will make you feel the spirit of the holidays and a stroll next door to FW will absolutely make you feel like you must be at the North Pole. The decorations are truly amazing and the spirit of Christmas is everywhere.

I have a TR to start and many new photos. I'll post the link here when it's done. In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to post.

I'll add you to the Log and welcome! The rehab should be done before you arrive so you will have an extra fresh villa.

It was awesome and Happy New Year to you and yours!

:hug:

We love the OFC, too. Happy New Year!

Thank you!

Best.Christmas.Ever.

With 3 room-only reservations, I really didn't know what to expect. This was beyond my expectations.

A little? I think this was in the XXXL category:goodvibes. I did pass along your best wishes.

This sounds like our experience. I hope you had a safe trip home. Did you book a BB?

Thank you! And a Happy New Year to you and DH.

Thank you and yes, someone remembered that we always request the same roomÂ…the one that had the Presidential Suite upgrade ceiling leak in 2011;)

I really trashed the place - cobbler everywhere - sorry. JK, I'm actually a bit of a neat freak so all is perfect for your arrival TODAY:yay:

Hope you saw the VWL rehab update I posted yesterday and thank you so much for your kind comments.
    :yay:

In this case that's true. We couldn't apply a discount to a CL room after 12/25 so we were just thrilled to be able to stay anywhere at WL and booked Woods View. The upgrade was the best Christmas present, but the Lodge isn't just about CL, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts;)

10. mystery222184

mystery222184 Mouseketeer

Working from home today due to the snow so it gave me a chance to check out all the wonderful pictures! :goodvibes

KOOK - Congrats on that upgrade, what a way to make a fantastic stay even better!:wizard:

I'll have to live through everyone's trip reports until we return in late October!! :surfweb: CAN'T WAIT :yay:

11. WDWKOOK

Congratulations and I'll add you to the Log.

I forgot to mention that I loved your Hidden Mickey on a plate:thumbsup2

I hope you and your family are having a wonderful visit.

Welcome back to the thread and I hope your knee is feeling better. Yes, it was a very big bucket of pixie dust :worship:

Our favorite CL room is 7127 in the South Wing. It is next to the Presidential Suite and doesn't have a connecting door or a room on one side. We love the location, but it isn't perfect for everyone. It does have a housekeeping room next to it and sometimes the carts hit the wall of the room (during the day). You can also hear the elevator whirring, but we prefer it over hearing other people.

In the North Wing, the mirror image room is 7035. These are the only two non-suite CL rooms that have a view facing straight out towards the courtyard, geyser and Bay Lake, similar to a Bear Face room, but off to the side. This is the view from 7127:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's one present I would NEVER return;)

How exciting! I'll add you to the Log and I know just what you mean about those APs - the more you go, the cheaper your tickets get;)

Welcome and yes, both are included. I've booked both at various times with different discounts.

Unless you just have to have a kitchen, washer/dryer or a whirlpool tub, I would book CL. The extra amenities, service and lounge are a real treat to have on your vacation. It's so nice having beverages, snacks and help from the concierges just steps from your room. You'll also know exactly what floor you'll be staying on and I think both the CL lounge and room views are beautiful. The lounge seating area is also like an extension of your room in that you can hang out there and watch TV, look out to the lobby below or out to the WL courtyard and Bay Lake. CL at WL is a great enhancement and the staff are very helpful, warm and welcoming.

Great information.

12. WDWKOOK

:thumbsup2

Go ahead and do it because it won't impact any requests you've already added to your reservation. Just make sure any requests are already in your reservation. You'll be able to input credit card info. which will save you from doing that at check-in. That's really the only advantage to doing OCI and it makes your trip seem closer.

Welcome POFQ Gal! You are going to love your CV room!!! Just make sure to request a WL or INNER CV.

Hope you're having a great vacation!

:thumbsup2

You're there! It's here! YIPPEE!!!

Are you packed yet?

Let us know when it's official and I can add you to our Lodgers' Log.

I'm sorry to report that we've removed CA Grill from our must-do list. We used to visit every trip, but since their recent rehab, it was very disappointing. I'll go into more detail in my TR, but basically, the service was horrible and amateurish and the menu is meh. It seems they are only selling a view and wine now and no longer fine dining and service. But, if you want the view and/or TONS of wine options, it's still the place to go.

The only Deluxe room on the 6th floor with a CV is #6123. It is directly below the Presidential Suite in the South Wing.

Congratulations and I'll add you to the Log. Isn't the 40% off WONDERFUL?!

Just a reminder that OCI is very limiting for room location requests and some choices may not even be relevant to your specific booked category. Make sure that if you have any other requests, that you call to have them added to your reservation. Both called-in and OCI requests will appear for the Room Assignor to see.

13. WDWKOOK

Hope you can be patient...

I should probably not talk up the OFC as much so that it'll remain our little secret:ssst:

Are you scheming, umm, planning?:hyper:

I bet you've not only packed by now, but unpacked, too. Can't wait to hear about your stay.

You're welcome and anytime:)

:yay:

I can't believe we missed each other by an hour or two:sad2:

YIPPEE!!!

You THINK the trip is set in stone? Or is it more like it's set in chalk? Where else are you contemplating staying so I can talk you out of it:teeth:

Do nothing? You? Not possible. There is so much to do at FW. Have you guys gone horseback riding or done the archery experience yet? There's an hour right there!!

Welcome to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread. What a fantastic room and I'll add you to our Lodgers' Log.

Happy Snow Day and October will be here before you know it. Everyone here will help make the time go by faster:hourglass

14. CAHarwell

CAHarwell Mouseketeer

We are booked at WL October 4-12! Kind of an early birthday present for DH (October 21)! DS will be 8 - last WDW trip (stayed at the GF) he was 3. Needless to say, he is excited :yay: Our TA put in our request for 6th floor Otter pond view room. Was that a good choice? Counting the many, many days until our trip.....

15. WDWKOOK

Welcome to the thread and the DIS! I'll add you to the Log. Looks like you're booked in a Woods View room and the North Wing (Otter Pond area) is a popular request. Some request the 5th floor because some of the 6th floor rooms have solid balcony railings that you have to be standing to see over. All of the 7th floor (CL) rooms are like this and we don't mind, but your DS may be frustrated if he's not tall enough and has to kneel in a chair in order to look over the balcony.

Your DS will have lots to see and do at WL and next door at FW, too. Happy planning!

16. hstrickland

hstrickland Way Down South...

Well Kook, you've been quite busy today replying to all the WL peeps:thumbsup2

No more contemplating....set in stone. After visiting the Poly again last week, it briefly crossed my mind to make a change. However....it quickly passed when I remembered the construction that would be taking place. Hubby also reminded me ever so gently that he's footing the bill and the WL it shall be :teeth: So that discussion is over ::yes::

"Nothing" is such a subjective word ;) Totally thought about the archery...however DS6 and a bow don't always work well around our house; windows get shattered which in turn makes dad a very unhappy camper. Thinking about the Segway tour (if it's still offered). Someone told me they stopped doing the Segway at EP.

17. TheLodgeLady

TheLodgeLady Mouseketeer

See I remembered that you don't like connecting doors ;) And that you had three reservations! :love:

18. TheLodgeLady

TheLodgeLady Mouseketeer

We will have to work on that. It will be nice to finally sit and relax with you guys.

19. bluecastle

bluecastle Mouseketeer

Yes, I saw it and was very happy and relieved! Thank you so much for finding out. I really did not want to even consider changing resorts!
    Looking forward to your TR and photos. Sorry the CA Grill was such a disappointment. I have read other not so great reviews since the renovation and was hesitant to include it anyhow. I think we will give Artist Point a try. The only time we have been there before was for a character breakfast. Kind of wish they still had that.
    Welcome back, and like I have said before, your attention to everyone here is amazing!!

20. nimbuscat

nimbuscat Mouseketeer

We checked in late last night...I love it! We have Woods View room #2110, which is literally just a few steps off the lobby, near the Mercantile. This is perfect for us since we have a stroller. More later!

21. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

That is near the room we had on our last trip. It was a great location. :thumbsup2

I hope you get some warm weather. :goodvibes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.