(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jun 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrazeeK120

KrazeeK120 DIS Veteran

I can now officially say that I will be staying at BWI for the first time THIS MONTH!! I am getting so excited for my trip and to try out a different resort!!

I don't personally know anyone that has stayed at BWI, so I am crossing my fingers for a good experience! I've loved every resort I've stayed in so far, so I'm sure BWI will be fantastic, too!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. MisterGoofy1

MisterGoofy1 Mouseketeer

There are not very many king size beds. We requested a King bed back in '08 for our honeymoon and we didn't get it. They even knew it was our honeymoon and we still got stuck with a room with 2 double beds.

Some waterworks from the wife and wouldn't you know, we got moved to a garden suite for the other 6 nights we were there.:cool1:

4. KrazeeK120

KrazeeK120 DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure the deluxe resorts had queen beds in 2008 (like they do now).

5. smidgy

smidgy dimples

sorry I really don't know about this. it was being refurbished while we were ther. there might be a few tables outside by the water. anyone else know?

6. polyfor4

polyfor4 Mouseketeer

Thank you for everyone's advice! Thanks to these boards we have decided to do a BWI / Poly split stay! We just can't get away from the Poly despite all of the construction but are very excited to stay at BWI. We will be on DDP and won't have any down days so I think that solves my QS fears plus I think the bakery will meet our needs!

So here comes my next question....
    Don't make fun of me but what kind of room requests can you make at BWI? We booked a standard room/ view but what is the color coding on the map mean? Can I ask for a specific section during online check-in? Thank you in advance- I'm a BWI newbie and feeling very green :) And congratulations to everyone's trips this month- June feels very far away for me!

7. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Can't respond to your question about the range of rooms available when you book BWI standard, but just wanted to :cheer2: for your Poly/BWI split stay! We loved our Poly/BWI split last year and we're planning on it again next year, so I hope you love it as much as we do!

8. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

9. NJdadof2

NJdadof2 Mouseketeer

Just exchanged into BWV through RCI last night for July 27-August 3. :yay:

Stayed there for 5 days a couple years back and loved the resort. It rained most of our trip, so we didn't get much pool time. We plan on making up for it this time around. :thumbsup2

10. Janed

Janed Mouseketeer

Sign us up for a Food and Wine Festival extravaganza party: - October 27 to November 2. we will have a 2 Bedroom Suite - any recommendations for room requests?

Happy New Year!:tinker:

11. mickeyplanner

mickeyplanner DIS Veteran

Just wondering if anyone is at BWV now and could give the listing of activities for January 2014 and Movies. We arrive on January 18th!!

12. Squirlz

Squirlz DIS Veteran

I thought I saw something here once that had the floor plan and room numbers for the resort. Anyone know? Also what's the best way to make room requests? Thanks! Leaving one week from tomorrow.

13. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

The best way is to call the main reservation line and add any requests to your reservation. Also, it's best to not use room numbers when making requests. If you do and that room is not available, the room assigner doesn't know why you wanted that room number. It's best to request areas of the resort, or describe what you are looking for. Like close to lobby, close to elevator, upper floor/closer to Epcot, etc.

14. WDWKOOK

We did - thank you!

I lurked a bit to make sure nothing got out of hand around here.

I hope you get to book your next stay SOON!

I have a calendar hyperlink in Post #1, but themouseforless hasn't posted the January calendar yet. They usually change within the first few days of the month, so hopefully by this weekend it'll be available.

What a nice surprise from DH and welcome to the BWI/BWV thread. You'll have to take lots of lobby photos to mark your anniversary.

Do you and DW really think you can wait till December? :stir:

:yay:

Love the Crescent/Bay Lake split:thumbsup2

It'll go faster once you realize you haven't marked off everything on your pre-trip list or packed:hourglass

With the MILITARY $169 TIX, the Park Hopper feature is included so you can come and go as you please to all the parks. You can also purchase two sets, which would be good for 8 days total.

:wave: and :thumbsup2

How exciting! I think you're going to have a great stay. Let us know how you liked it.

The Seven Seas Lagoon/Crescent Lake split sounds great and no one will make fun of you here. If you booked a STD View, I would recommend requesting a Garden/Epcot view. The higher floors will even have a partial Illuminations view.

I'll add you to the Bulletin and congratulations!

HOORAY! 4205 has an Illuminations view at night, but during the day you can see satellite dishes and part of the road:upsidedow

It's still not up yet, but should be in the next day or two. The hyperlink is in post #1.

15. WDWKOOK

If you do add any requests, make sure you do so by calling the WDTC at least 5 days prior to arrival so that the Room Assignor will see the requests. Here is a larger version of the BWI/BWV map I have on the first page:

[​IMG]

16. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

I figured as much. Hope you had a great vacation and good to see you are back.

17. Squirlz

Squirlz DIS Veteran

Oh I wasn't intending to do that. I wanted reference for when we arrive. Thanks!

18. miblue

miblue Mouseketeer

I thought I had posted here but looking back I guess not! We'll be here Feb 15-20! Not terribly excited to be there in President's Day Week but my husband is attending a conference so no choice there :)

Love all the tips about requesting rooms and such. Very excited to stay atBWI! Has anyone else ever gone while your spouse attended a conference? I'll have our 4 yr old and 1.5 yr old to myself 3 of the mornings for 2-3 hours. I don't think I'm brave enough to wait in ride lines with them by myself but figured we'd just walk over to Epcot or HS every morning and hang out while waiting for him.

Oh also does anyone know if the pool is heated? My son only keeps talking about swimming there. I hope I can come through for him and there will be a semi-warm day!

19. SplashMtnCrew

SplashMtnCrew DIS Veteran

Subscribing!
    Just booked our first stay at BWI for May 5-9 and we are so excited!
    It's just me andDH this time around. Hard for me to believe but DH
    actually chose the resort after watching the Disney planning DVD.
    Now to start the planning!

20. Rags

Rags DIS Veteran

Just curious!!!:)

21. Holly Quinlan

Holly Quinlan If I gave Pudge tuna I'd be an abomination

I have a few questions. I think I've pretty much decided on renting points for our trip next year and I'm torn between here and Wilderness Lodge. We stayed at Wilderness this past October-November and loved it but I'm wanting to try epcot resorts. I only have one concern. I'm nervous about the size and navigating the hallways. How long does it usually take to get to the room from the lobby or from getting drink refills? TIA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.