(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jun 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rags

Rags DIS Veteran

Leaving in 32 days for our first stay at BW :goodvibes!!! Does the fitness center have a shower facility? Thank you

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dmwang9

dmwang9 Agent P's sidekick-in-training

Yes, it does. It's kinda small -- Disney probably assumes that folks would rather shower/change in their rooms -- but there's a small locker room with showers and rest room facilities. I've never used it, but when I needed a men's room mid-workout, I went in there.

-- Dave

4. gwynne

gwynne Be always blooming

Have a wonderful holiday vacation, Kook!

5. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Have a great trip. In the meanwhile, party time. Who knows where these posts will be going. :lmao:

6. Squirlz

Squirlz DIS Veteran

We'll be there 3 weeks from tomorrow. Relatively spontaneous trip; just booked 11/17.

7. psac

psac DIS Veteran

Very nice! Enjoy! Should be nice and quiet post the holiday crowds. :thumbsup2

8. emilyindisney

emilyindisney DIS Veteran

Hi all!

Doing online check-in for BWV tomorrow and I was wondering what I should request for my room. We're staying in a standard view studio. I've heard that I should request to be near an elevator and was wondering if there is anything else in particular I should ask for.

Thanks!

9. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

You might want to request higher floor so you won't hear the noise from loading/unloading the luggage carts.

10. elgerber

elgerber <font color=deeppink>Sometimes you gotta bite the

We were on the fourth floor, and were still waken up by the noise.

11. gray52

gray52 Mouseketeer

Can't believe more people haven't gone to white noise machines. Once adjusted to it, you can sleep almost anywhere. We can, and have, slept within 100' of an active train route and never missed a minutes sleep.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

12. elgerber

elgerber <font color=deeppink>Sometimes you gotta bite the

I have thought about it. But we'd need two since we are sleeping in two rooms.

13. Squirlz

Squirlz DIS Veteran

I hope so. I'm taking my Wife of a little over 4 years. She has never been and really has no idea what to expect.

14. gray52

gray52 Mouseketeer

We actually have 5, lol. 1 for each bedroom and 1 for the camper. Take them everywhere we go. It eliminates being disturbed by things like people in the hallway, back-up beepers and, my wife claims, people who snore.

We've used them forever (ran a fan until we bought noise machines about 5 years ago). I'd suggest the Marpac Dohm-DS Dual Speed Sound Conditioner, found on Amazon for about $45. Ours have lasted since we purchased them. We also have a digital one with different sounds (crashing waves, water falls, etc...) that we bought this past summer. They haven't quite perfected that technology, however.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

15. Sandi

Sandi <font color=red>A proud Spartans fan!

If you have an iPhone or iPad, there are nice whitenoise apps that work really well. I used to lug my machine with me on trips (not that big, but it takes up room and I had to remember to pack it), but I always have my iPhone and iPad with me.

We were on the 5th floor both times we stayed at BWV in a studio. It was quiet at night.

16. dmwang9

dmwang9 Agent P's sidekick-in-training

I concur. I play white noise on my iPhone using the iHome alarm clock in the room when I go to bed. Works great for me.

-- Dave

17. bksomody

bksomody Mouseketeer

Can someone tell me the best way to get to Ohana and MK from BWV.

I was planning on going to Ohana during our day at MK but am considering changing the park to EP due to EMH but am worried this may be an inconvenience. I read traveling to MK from BWV is a hassle. Is this true? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

18. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Do you have a park hopper? You can go through Epcot (after the park opens for the day) and hop the monorail to the TTC. Then walk over to the Polynesian from the TTC (faster than getting the resort monorail).

Or you could take a bus from DHS to the Polynesian.

Or take a cab to the Polynesian.

Or take the bus from BW to MK and then the resort monorail or boat over to the Polynesian.

19. bksomody

bksomody Mouseketeer

We don't have a hopper but will go to EP during the day and Ohana at night so could go through EP to the monorail. Is the monorail easier than the bus? (I'm traveling with 2 scooters)

20. JEWLSVERN

JEWLSVERN Mouseketeer

Yes. We found the monorail easier than a bus with ECVs.

21. DevonsDisneyMom

DevonsDisneyMom DIS Veteran

Hi all! Just wanted to say that we just returned from our first stay at BWV and absolutely loved it!!! Checked in last Friday around 10:30a and received a text by noon saying our room was ready. I had requested a high floor close to elevator and lobby and was given room 4050. I could not have been more happier with the location!! So very close to everything. We had an amazing view of Luna park pool with tower of terror in the back ground. I could have stayed on the balcony for hours enjoying the view. Buses were good. We only shared with swan and dolphin. Except coming back from DTD we also stopped at YC and BC. Being able to walk to Epcot and DHS was such a great perk! Loved it! We will definitely be staying here again in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.