(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the coffee machine that is in the CL lounge:

3b68e016-c6fa-451c-acba-b6222578af98_zps19a33ee5.jpg

The lounge is open for coffee from 6:30 am - 10 pm. They also serve brewed regular coffee. The Belle Vue lounge also serves coffee, but only until 11 am. The coffee makers in the room use pods. The BWB serves iced and hot coffees.

This machine is no longer in the CL lounge, we were so disappointed, we LOVE our mochas! We were there 8/8-13 & they only had regular & decaf coffee. I asked about the Nescafe machine & was told it had been removed. Maybe it's being replaced, but it wasn't there 3 weeks ago.

psac Love the pictures, just the Disney fix I needed today. 63 More Days until we check in :banana:

This machine is no longer in the CL lounge, we were so disappointed, we LOVE our mochas! We were there 8/8-13 & they only had regular & decaf coffee. I asked about the Nescafe machine & was told it had been removed. Maybe it's being replaced, but it wasn't there 3 weeks ago.
Thanks so much Tara! I will remove the photo from the first page.

Dtd bus shares with S/D,YC/BC and BW. It was packed. We ended up waiting another 25 minutes for the next one just to have to pack in again. MK may only share with the S/D but it gets full quickly as well. We didnt take AK or the boats but to share bussing when you're deluxe is not what we expected. If i wanted to crowd in at every park i'd have just saved my money and stayed all stars!

We came over from staying 12 nights at CBR and loved that we never had to worry about being crowded on the bus. I guess this resort just wasn't our cup of tea. No worries. We're trying different ones next time ;-)

We learned on our trip a few years ago that it was easier to walk over to the swan or dolphin and catch the bus at the first stop. Sure, we still looped around and ended up back at the BW, but we always got a seat. We'd also get off at the Swan/ dolphin and walk back to the BW instead of waiting for it to get to the BW stop.

We learned on our trip a few years ago that it was easier to walk over to the swan or dolphin and catch the bus at the first stop. Sure, we still looped around and ended up back at the BW, but we always got a seat. We'd also get off at the Swan/ dolphin and walk back to the BW instead of waiting for it to get to the BW stop.

But i think the point is that when you pay more for a deluxe you should also get deluxe bus service and not have to go to another resort to get a spot! Anyhow lesson learned... BWI is not for us. Nothing against those who love it there!

But i think the point is that when you pay more for a deluxe you should also get deluxe bus service and not have to go to another resort to get a spot! Anyhow lesson learned... BWI is not for us. Nothing against those who love it there!

Very true. That has been our major complaint about most deluxe resorts we've been to. We've found the MK resorts are the worst since they are so far from everything else. At least there are alternate ways to get to a couple parks to make it a little easier!

19 days until check-in! It is our 1st time staying at the Boardwalk and I am so excited!!!!

Can anyone staying CL now report back if the Nescafe machine is back in the lounge, or still missing?

Can anyone staying CL now report back if the Nescafe machine is back in the lounge, or still missing?
Left the BWI CL last Thursday, a new machine was being installed that day in the afternoon. As all Club Levels will be moving to Joffrey's coffee I am pretty sure that the machine itself won't be the old Nescafe machine, particularly since one of the Cast Members told me that a sales rep would be coming in to train them on how the "new machine" works. Hope this helps.

Left the BWI CL last Thursday, a new machine was being installed that day in the afternoon. As all Club Levels will be moving to Joffrey's coffee I am pretty sure that the machine itself won't be the old Nescafe machine, particularly since one of the Cast Members told me that a sales rep would be coming in to train them on how the "new machine" works. Hope this helps.

I'm glad everyone liked the pics.

I remember from our last BW Club stay a few years ago, we loved that nescafe machine. However, I think it was a similar machine in the Poly Club this past July, and that machine was AWFUL. The drinks were the liquid equivalent of inedible (undrinkable? :confused3 ). Not good at all. Maybe the calibration was just totally off on the Poly one. We had a single flat-pod espresso machine at the AKL Club in April, and while it didn't make mochas, that machine was GREAT. It made fanstic espresso and the milk frother let you play with your own ratios however you wanted. Hopefully the BW club will get that same machine!

I booked a Studio room in a Boardwalk villa renting points from a DVC member for the first time. I read on here a ton of issues with the location of people's rooms. I read about long walks to the room, long elevator waits, noisy rooms, bad views. So I was wondering if anyone can recommend a room location I should request upon check-in.
I would like a room with a decent view (rented a standard view room), and in a good location (not a far walk, centrally located). Any suggestions?
Those two request in a standard view villa are mutually exclusive. The rooms close to the elevators will be over the front drive and over resort luggage check in which I understand can be very loud. Further down the hall you would get more of a lawn & canal view but longer walk from elevators.

No driving is not possible unless we spend more money on a rented car and parking fees.
No parking fees at resorts or parks when you stay at any Disney resort but the parking can be a walk at BWI and I can understand not wanting to pay for a rental.

All deluxe resorts share busses. Except AKL which only shares with AKV Kidani.

Those two request in a standard view villa are mutually exclusive. The rooms close to the elevators will be over the front drive and over resort luggage check in which I understand can be very loud. Further down the hall you would get more of a lawn & canal view but longer walk from elevators.

This is very true. We have had close to elevators twice including last month. They can be VERY loud!

We're staying at BWV for the first time in October. We booked a studio, garden view. Anything I should know about the possible locations? I'm more concerned about noise than long walks. Thanks!

We're staying at BWV for the first time in October. We booked a studio, garden view. Anything I should know about the possible locations? I'm more concerned about noise than long walks. Thanks!

Request the leisure pool versus Luna Park. The leisure pool tends to be quieter.

Or request Villlage Green which gets you the area between BWV and BWI by the boat dock.

We just got back from an AMAZING trip to BWV. We booked a cash reservation for a 2 bedroom villa. Our room wasn't available when we arrived so we headed to the pool A few hours later I was texted our room number and went to go unpack. Imagine my surprise when I walked into a spectacular 3 bedroom grand villa! :banana: We've definitely been blessed with Disney Magic on many of our trips but nothing quite like this. It was wonderful!!! Our balcony overlooked the Boardwalk and I will admit that I now understand why someone would pay extra for a good view. Just fabulous! The guy from bell services told us that many of the grand villas are duplexes and that we were truly lucky to get one that was all on one level. I've never seen another grand villa for comparison but this one was absolutely gorgeous and huge. We are spoiled forever!!! :love:

We've stayed at the Swan, BC, and YC in the past so we knew we'd love the location and we definitely did. Overall we had an incredible trip! My few complaints are minor: the hallway noise was quite loud when we were in the living room (not a problem from the bedrooms because they were on the outside) and I can imagine this could be an issue if staying in a studio. I thought the pool was a bit on the small side. This usually wasn't an issue as the crowds weren't terrible but on our last day they were checking room keys and handing out wristbands because of crowding. The pool slide was very slow and I almost got stuck on my first trip down. I suspect it needs to be re-surfaced or more water pressure? None of these issues at all impacted our wonderful trip but I thought it might be helpful information for others.

Amanda

Where can you get gallons of water cheaply down there? We're putting together our Garden Grocer order and they don't seem to have gallons of water, just packs of bottles. Thanks!

We just got back from an AMAZING trip to BWV. We booked a cash reservation for a 2 bedroom villa. Our room wasn't available when we arrived so we headed to the pool A few hours later I was texted our room number and went to go unpack. Imagine my surprise when I walked into a spectacular 3 bedroom grand villa! :banana: We've definitely been blessed with Disney Magic on many of our trips but nothing quite like this. It was wonderful!!! Our balcony overlooked the Boardwalk and I will admit that I now understand why someone would pay extra for a good view. Just fabulous! The guy from bell services told us that many of the grand villas are duplexes and that we were truly lucky to get one that was all on one level. I've never seen another grand villa for comparison but this one was absolutely gorgeous and huge. We are spoiled forever!!! :love:

We've stayed at the Swan, BC, and YC in the past so we knew we'd love the location and we definitely did. Overall we had an incredible trip! My few complaints are minor: the hallway noise was quite loud when we were in the living room (not a problem from the bedrooms because they were on the outside) and I can imagine this could be an issue if staying in a studio. I thought the pool was a bit on the small side. This usually wasn't an issue as the crowds weren't terrible but on our last day they were checking room keys and handing out wristbands because of crowding. The pool slide was very slow and I almost got stuck on my first trip down. I suspect it needs to be re-surfaced or more water pressure? None of these issues at all impacted our wonderful trip but I thought it might be helpful information for others.

Amanda

Wow, congrats on the great upgrade!!! I'm happy you enjoyed it so much!

Amanda

WOW Congrates on a Fantastic Upgrade!

I booked a Studio room in a Boardwalk villa renting points from a DVC member for the first time. I read on here a ton of issues with the location of people's rooms. I read about long walks to the room, long elevator waits, noisy rooms, bad views. So I was wondering if anyone can recommend a room location I should request upon check-in.
I would like a room with a decent view (rented a standard view room), and in a good location (not a far walk, centrally located). Any suggestions?

We had a standard studio..room 2083 I think. It was a great location!!! We had a view of the main drive but a tree was near by so we had enough privacy. We were just around the corner from the stairwell for the main pool and the lobby was a minute away. I hope to get a similar area again. We requested near pool and near transportation during online check in:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter