(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there! I'm new to the BWI thread, and I've already gotten a lot of information from you all!

My question is, what do you think of BWI as a honeymoon resort? We are torn between BC and BWI. We have stayed at BC before and loved it, but we are not thrilled about not being guaranteed a balcony. We spent some time at the Boardwalk this past trip and really fell in love with it. Being close to Epcot is important to that, and we know we would get that at either resort.

Any pros or cons to BWI as a honeymoon resort would be very much appreciated! :goodvibes
:welcome: to the thread!

Between BC and BWI, I think that a Garden Cottage would be perfect for your honeymoon. There are many photos HERE and HERE on the first page.

we were there this weekend and had the new mugs. One thing, you pay the same amount for 4 days as you do for 10 or 20 days...I think that seems unfair. BUT...when they activated our mug, I asked "is that 2 days" and the answer I was given was "well..it just works for now..they haven't implemented the cut off portion"

I would buy 1 day!
Just so everyone knows, this is the price structure:

$8.99 for 1 day
$11.99 for 2 days
$14.99 for 3 days
$17.99 for length of stay (4+ days)

The mugs can only be used for up to 14 consecutive days after activation.

also..just for your interest, here is a picture of a cake the Boardwalk bakery did for the Cars themed shower..it was amazing
Thank you for posting your beautiful Cars cake!

I booked a Studio room in a Boardwalk villa renting points from a DVC member for the first time. I read on here a ton of issues with the location of people's rooms. I read about long walks to the room, long elevator waits, noisy rooms, bad views. So I was wondering if anyone can recommend a room location I should request upon check-in.
I would like a room with a decent view (rented a standard view room), and in a good location (not a far walk, centrally located). Any suggestions?
:welcome: to the DIS and the BWI/BWV thread, tchip827! Hopefully, one of our DVC room location experts will help you soon.

Wait, are they staying at the Boardwalk? I thought it wasn't part of the trial. We are staying in the weeks, are AP holders and I've checked my MDE and it didn't show up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

They are staying BWV BUT they are stayed at POP last week. Our homegrown theory is that because of that stay it is allowing them to use MagicBands and FPP for BWV in October. More of a glitch fluke luck kind of thing!

Just a little info: I emailed our IPO at BWI asking about magicbands for our stay in Sept. & was informed (as of now) for those dates BWI is NOT included in the testing. Shucks! I like the idea of the bands, seems like it'll be easier to just tap & pass your wrist under something & da-da you're in the park or room, or you've purchased something etc. Oh, well next time:goodvibes

Just a little info: I emailed our IPO at BWI asking about magicbands for our stay in Sept. & was informed (as of now) for those dates BWI is NOT included in the testing. Shucks! I like the idea of the bands, seems like it'll be easier to just tap & pass your wrist under something & da-da you're in the park or room, or you've purchased something etc. Oh, well next time:goodvibes

I'm hopeing we get to have the MagicBands in November, it would be nice not to have to go fishing our KTTW cards out numerous times a day.

We're at the boardwalk now for the third of three nights. I can say that for it being classed in "deluxe" for paying so much we expected better bus service. To be sharing with 5 resorts is a little ridiculous.

We also payed for a preferred boardwalk view room and are located right above cat kora's restaurant, it's loud until late. This is definitely not a resort I'd pay for again :-(

My kids enjoyed an hour of slide time at the pool and said the slide is very slow. The grounds, staff and mouse keeping are good.

All in all its a resort we can check off our list.

We're at the boardwalk now for the third of three nights. I can say that for it being classed in "deluxe" for paying so much we expected better bus service. To be sharing with 5 resorts is a little ridiculous.

We also payed for a preferred boardwalk view room and are located right above cat kora's restaurant, it's loud until late. This is definitely not a resort I'd pay for again :-(

My kids enjoyed an hour of slide time at the pool and said the slide is very slow. The grounds, staff and mouse keeping are good.

Sorry you are disappointed in your stay at the Boardwalk, I personally love the hustle bustle of the BW and have a request in for BW View, we have previously stayed WV and Std and the Std was too quiet for my liking.

While I only took the bus to MK on both our previous stays BWI was 1st pickup and only shared with S/D.

The bus route varies according to season. I agree that no Deluxe resort should share its transportation with 4 other resorts. BWV is the last pick up and drop off. It sometimes feels like a cattle car. But I love the closeness of EPCOT and DHS. I always request standard view due to the after midnight noise.

Sorry you are disappointed in your stay at the Boardwalk, I personally love the hustle bustle of the BW and have a request in for BW View, we have previously stayed WV and Std and the Std was too quiet for my liking.

While I only took the bus to MK on both our previous stays BWI was 1st pickup and only shared with S/D.

Dtd bus shares with S/D,YC/BC and BW. It was packed. We ended up waiting another 25 minutes for the next one just to have to pack in again. MK may only share with the S/D but it gets full quickly as well. We didnt take AK or the boats but to share bussing when you're deluxe is not what we expected. If i wanted to crowd in at every park i'd have just saved my money and stayed all stars!

We came over from staying 12 nights at CBR and loved that we never had to worry about being crowded on the bus. I guess this resort just wasn't our cup of tea. No worries. We're trying different ones next time ;-)

We never had an issue with buses this week, we only ever shared with Swan and Dolphin and we never had to wait long. Yeah it'd be nice if there was no sharing, but for the proximity to Epcot and DHS, I'll take it.

Dtd bus shares with S/D,YC/BC and BW. It was packed. We ended up waiting another 25 minutes for the next one just to have to pack in again. MK may only share with the S/D but it gets full quickly as well. We didnt take AK or the boats but to share bussing when you're deluxe is not what we expected. If i wanted to crowd in at every park i'd have just saved my money and stayed all stars!

We came over from staying 12 nights at CBR and loved that we never had to worry about being crowded on the bus. I guess this resort just wasn't our cup of tea. No worries. We're trying different ones next time ;-)

I do believe there is a problem with the buses to and from DTD from most of the resorts from what I have read. I haven't been to DTD since 2009 when we stayed at OKW and had water taxi transportation.

It would be nice if Deluxe resorts did not have to share buses but as the Deluxe resorts have fewer rooms than Mods and Values I seriously doubt this will ever change.

We try to go and return at off times so the buses are not as crowded.

I am another who loves BWI for the ability of being able to walk or boat to 2 parks.

We will be staying at BWI in three weeks! Can someone let me know what coffee options are available? We are staying club level. Are lattes or mochas available? If yes, are they available all day? If no, I am thinking the closest option is the Boardwalk Bakery? Are the coffee makers in the room the pod types?

I booked a Studio room in a Boardwalk villa renting points from a DVC member for the first time. I read on here a ton of issues with the location of people's rooms. I read about long walks to the room, long elevator waits, noisy rooms, bad views. So I was wondering if anyone can recommend a room location I should request upon check-in.
I would like a room with a decent view (rented a standard view room), and in a good location (not a far walk, centrally located). Any suggestions?

The SV rooms are located along the main entrance drive and tennis courts. This thread: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2931467 has links with the room numbers. Hope this helps : ))

Thank you for posting your honest review. We had a gorgeous CL room that was right over the BW and next to the Flying Fish sign. Our request was granted, and we were grateful, but it turned out that for us, the room location was too noisy. The rooms that are in the back and face toward the garden and quiet pool are much quieter, so that may appeal to you more. We prefer them.

Would it be possible next time for you to drive to some of the other parks instead of busing?

That's very interesting about CBR and I can see why you're frustrated with the buses at BWI. You spent almost 2 weeks at a Moderate and you were happier with their bus service. But, you weren't able to walk to a park. Do you like being able to walk to both DHS and Epcot from BWI?

We will be staying at BWI in three weeks! Can someone let me know what coffee options are available? We are staying club level. Are lattes or mochas available? If yes, are they available all day? If no, I am thinking the closest option is the Boardwalk Bakery? Are the coffee makers in the room the pod types?
This is the coffee machine that is in the CL lounge:

3b68e016-c6fa-451c-acba-b6222578af98_zps19a33ee5.jpg

The lounge is open for coffee from 6:30 am - 10 pm. They also serve brewed regular coffee. The Belle Vue lounge also serves coffee, but only until 11 am. The coffee makers in the room use pods. The BWB serves iced and hot coffees.

Thank you for posting your honest review. We had a gorgeous CL room that was right over the BW and next to the Flying Fish sign. Our request was granted, and we were grateful, but it turned out that for us, the room location was too noisy. The rooms that are in the back and face toward the garden and quiet pool are much quieter, so that may appeal to you more. We prefer them.

Would it be possible next time for you to drive to some of the other parks instead of busing?

That's very interesting about CBR and I can see why you're frustrated with the buses at BWI. You spent almost 2 weeks at a Moderate and you were happier with their bus service. But, you weren't able to walk to a park. Do you like being able to walk to both DHS and Epcot from BWI?

This is the coffee machine that is in the CL lounge:

The lounge is open for coffee from 6:30 am - 10 pm. They also serve brewed regular coffee. The Belle Vue lounge also serves coffee, but only until 11 am. The coffee makers in the room use pods. The BWB serves iced and hot coffees.

No driving is not possible unless we spend more money on a rented car and parking fees.

We enjoyed walking to and from Epcot. Did not go to DHS during our boardwalk time but that was a good feature too.

Just some visual aids. Enjoy the long weekend and happy Labor Day tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter