(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another refillable mug question: Is there a refillable mug station at the pool?

In the past; no. Did I read one was installed?

19 days until check-in! It is our 1st time staying at the Boardwalk and I am so excited!!!!
You're going to love the convenience of being on the BW. Happy planning!

Left the BWI CL last Thursday, a new machine was being installed that day in the afternoon. As all Club Levels will be moving to Joffrey's coffee I am pretty sure that the machine itself won't be the old Nescafe machine, particularly since one of the Cast Members told me that a sales rep would be coming in to train them on how the "new machine" works. Hope this helps.

Thanks for posting! I was told at WL that the rumor is that the new machines will be pods like the machine that's been at CR's Atrium Club for years, but it may be a newer model.

I'm glad everyone liked the pics.
::yes::

All deluxe resorts share busses. Except AKL which only shares with AKV Kidani.
The WL bus to the MK is non-stop and doesn't share.

We just got back from an AMAZING trip to BWV. We booked a cash reservation for a 2 bedroom villa. Our room wasn't available when we arrived so we headed to the pool A few hours later I was texted our room number and went to go unpack. Imagine my surprise when I walked into a spectacular 3 bedroom grand villa! :banana: We've definitely been blessed with Disney Magic on many of our trips but nothing quite like this. It was wonderful!!! Our balcony overlooked the Boardwalk and I will admit that I now understand why someone would pay extra for a good view. Just fabulous! The guy from bell services told us that many of the grand villas are duplexes and that we were truly lucky to get one that was all on one level. I've never seen another grand villa for comparison but this one was absolutely gorgeous and huge. We are spoiled forever!!! :love:

We've stayed at the Swan, BC, and YC in the past so we knew we'd love the location and we definitely did. Overall we had an incredible trip! My few complaints are minor: the hallway noise was quite loud when we were in the living room (not a problem from the bedrooms because they were on the outside) and I can imagine this could be an issue if staying in a studio. I thought the pool was a bit on the small side. This usually wasn't an issue as the crowds weren't terrible but on our last day they were checking room keys and handing out wristbands because of crowding. The pool slide was very slow and I almost got stuck on my first trip down. I suspect it needs to be re-surfaced or more water pressure? None of these issues at all impacted our wonderful trip but I thought it might be helpful information for others.

Amanda
Wow! What a great upgrade and memory.

Where can you get gallons of water cheaply down there? We're putting together our Garden Grocer order and they don't seem to have gallons of water, just packs of bottles. Thanks!
Besides the Hess across the street, the grocery store on the BW has gallon jugs of water, though they aren't as cheap as a stop at a Publix or WM-type store.

I know that this question has been asked and answered. I am just hoping for the latest info.

What type of coffee makers are in the BWI rooms now? We are arriving in 6 weeks and I need to pack...

Thanks.
They are Cuisinart pods.

Just got our reservation for BWV! Only four nights of 11 total we will be there, but it's going to be the most exciting four nights because we're getting MARRIED at Sea Breeze Point! I am beyond excited to stay here!
:yay: How exciting! Congratulations!

YAY! WDWKOOK did you see this?

They are Cuisinart single serve pod machines.
Umm, I saw it now:rotfl:. It's been a busy first day back to school... Oops and I just repeated what you already posted about the pods. Great minds...

Todays's release of AP discounts allowed us to upgrade our BWI stay to CL!
Yay!:cool1:
That's terrific! I was surprised I hardly had any wait calling this afternoon. How about you? I was able to convert two nights of our Chirstmas stay at WL from the SoG overflow rate to the AP rate, which saved us another 15% off per night:teacher:

My waitlist for 2br @ bwv just came through for 1/1/14!!!! I've been on the list since 180 out and was starting to worry but not anymore. Staying 1/1-1/8.
I'll add you to the BW Bulletin. Congrats!

Any idea when the October activities information will come out? Does anyone have a copy of Septembers? I'm curious as to what there is to do at the resort? Thanks!
I have a link in Post #1 to the activity calendar. They are usually posted within the first few days of the month. I checked, and the September calendar is up HERE.

Another refillable mug question: Is there a refillable mug station at the pool?

In the past; no. Did I read one was installed?
I've not heard of one being installed at the pool:listen:

I stand corrected!

Thank you Mrs. M. Mouse!
As of last Thursday Aug.29 the Bakery was selling and still using the old mugs. I am 100% sure of this. The setup was for the RFID mugs, but they were not being used.

I stand corrected!

Thank you Mrs. M. Mouse!
Looks like you can sit down;)

As of last Thursday Aug.29 the Bakery was selling and still using the old mugs. I am 100% sure of this. The setup was for the RFID mugs, but they were not being used.
Thank you for the update.

Thanks so much! :)
You're welcome and you must be so excited that your trip is getting closer! Where's your first ADR?

I hate to contradict the earlier poster, but I visited BW Bakery on Friday August 30 (one day later) and it was all new mugs (orange, purple and green) and Rapid Refill was turned on for sure.

I used my BCV mug to refill at the Bakery and it refilled showing me I am authorized through 9/9.

Oh, and ++++ for the lobster roll and cucumber salad.

I hate to contradict the earlier poster, but I visited BW Bakery on Friday August 30 (one day later) and it was all new mugs (orange, purple and green) and Rapid Refill was turned on for sure.

I used my BCV mug to refill at the Bakery and it refilled showing me I am authorized through 9/9.

Oh, and ++++ for the lobster roll and cucumber salad.
Thank you!

Poor Tara, does this mean you have to stand back up?:rotfl:

But you can get your mugs refilled by the pool at Leaping Horse, right?
I thought that was listed as one of the refill places for mugs:confused3
Yes, you can get your mug refilled at LHL:thumbsup2, but I thought the poster was asking about a self-service area like at the BLT pool.

Yes, you can get your mug refilled at LHL:thumbsup2, but I thought the poster was asking about a self-service area like at the BLT pool.

I was asking about self service; thanks for the quick answer.

I'm not sure the bartenders enjoy filling my mug. I get a weird vibe; maybe it's me. I hate to ask. Should I tip when they refill my mug?

Originally Posted by shan136 View Post
I know that this question has been asked and answered. I am just hoping for the latest info.

What type of coffee makers are in the BWI rooms now? We are arriving in 6 weeks and I need to pack...

They are Cuisinart pods.

Thanks, this is very valuable information. I love having a cup of coffee before I have 2 eyes fully open and DH doesn't always appreciate having to go out and find me a cup!

I was asking about self service; thanks for the quick answer.

I'm not sure the bartenders enjoy filling my mug. I get a weird vibe; maybe it's me. I hate to ask. Should I tip when they refill my mug?

I don't think you should feel obligated to tip on your free refills but my DH says he has given them $1 or $2 for our family refills.

I don't think you should feel obligated to tip on your free refills but my DH says he has given them $1 or $2 for our family refills.
I wouldn't be surprised if the refill station is move to self serve now that chip mugs are in place.

I was talking with my DH last night about needing to plan a vacation, so where did he want to go for Spring Break. He looked at me and said, "look, everyone knows Disney is your happy place, let's just go there so you can be happy. Reserve at that place we went in March. I liked that place."

That place is BWI, so looks like we may be heading back for Spring Break!

What I need to figure out now is whether it will just be me and DH or if our college freshman DD will want to go with us (DH and DD have the same Spring Break). She will probably say no until the last moment.

I was talking with my DH last night about needing to plan a vacation, so where did he want to go for Spring Break. He looked at me and said, "look, everyone knows Disney is your happy place, let's just go there so you can be happy. Reserve at that place we went in March. I liked that place."

What I need to figure out now is whether it will just be me and DH or if our college freshman DD will want to go with us (DH and DD have the same Spring Break). She will probably say no until the last moment.

Sounds great! You're going to have to change your signature soon!! :thumbsup2

I wouldn't be surprised if the refill station is move to self serve now that chip mugs are in place.
Interesting thought.

Congratulations! You must be so excited. It should be very easy to add DD, should she decide last minute - unless you're in a King:scratchin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter