(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this question isn't too stupid but how do you request a specific area for you room? Do you call the BW directly? (Where is this number found?)

I hope this question isn't too stupid but how do you request a specific area for you room? Do you call the BW directly? (Where is this number found?)
You just add it to your reservation by calling MS if you booked through DVC, the owner if you rented a reservation, or Disney Reservation Center if you booked for cash directly from Disney
I am currently booked for a standard view studio in November.
Can someone please help me or offer suggestions on what room to request?
(I know not Guaranteed)

I know I want at least 2nd floor....

I would love to be close to the elevator.. (would this put me close to lobby, main pool as well?)

I read that some standard rooms offer view and close proximity to quite pools..but do these rooms also place at the far side of the resort?
Is it possible to have a room like this, but close to elevator?

I would love to hear opinions on what are the best standard studios from some of the veterans of this resort.

I surely appreciate any feedback....

Standard view are along the front drive. They comprise about 20% of the total villas. There are no water/pool view villas that are standard view. Those are preferred view.

I will be at the Boardwalk Inn 2/27-3/6. I emailed to ask about the pool, and I got the following in an email this morning from Boardwalk Itinerary Planning:

Additionally, we are making the Stormalong Bay pool at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort available for your enjoyment. Shuttle transportation departing from Community Hall will be made available from 10:00am to 8:00pm for our Guests wishing to take advantage of the nearby pool experience.

I will be at the Boardwalk Inn 2/27-3/6. I emailed to ask about the pool, and I got the following in an email this morning from Boardwalk Itinerary Planning:

Additionally, we are making the Stormalong Bay pool at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort available for your enjoyment. Shuttle transportation departing from Community Hall will be made available from 10:00am to 8:00pm for our Guests wishing to take advantage of the nearby pool experience.

Excellent news!!!! Thanks so much for posting!!!

Standard view are along the front drive. They comprise about 20% of the total villas. There are no water/pool view villas that are standard view. Those are preferred view.

That depends on how you booked. If you booked with DVC points, the above is correct. If you booked through CRO, you will most likely be given a pool or canal view.

That depends on how you booked. If you booked with DVC points, the above is correct. If you booked through CRO, you will most likely be given a pool or canal view.

Oops, you are correct, DebbieB. I thought I read this was a DVC reservation.

I need some opinions. Due to altered school schedules (Thanks to Sandy, the Super Storm that never stops giving) our February trip is just 2 of my daughters and me. This opens the possibility of switching from a room in the BWI to a studio in the BWV's. The savings is only $100.00 in doing so, but what are people's thoughts? We love the location of the Boardwalk. The pool is closed regardless of the room's location. We tend to eat in our rooms for breakfast only. We prefer updated rooms to outdated. Thanks so much for your time and expertise!

I always make my requests through the main Disney line.

If you want the actual number to BWI, you can find it on allears.net. Under Walt Disney World, Accommodations, Resort Fact Sheets.

Here is the link for BWI/BWV.

BoardWalk Inn and Villas
2101 Epcot Resorts Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Phone: (407) 939-5100
Fax: (407) 939-5150
Note: To make a reservation call CRO at (407) 934-7639.

I need some opinions. Due to altered school schedules (Thanks to Sandy, the Super Storm that never stops giving) our February trip is just 2 of my daughters and me. This opens the possibility of switching from a room in the BWI to a studio in the BWV's. The savings is only $100.00 in doing so, but what are people's thoughts? We love the location of the Boardwalk. The pool is closed regardless of the room's location. We tend to eat in our rooms for breakfast only. We prefer updated rooms to outdated. Thanks so much for your time and expertise!
If you eat in the room for breakfast and it'll save you money, go with the studio.

That's $100 for souvies or Dole Whips...

WeLoveNemo said:

If you prefer updated rooms, I would definitely stick with the BWI for $100. The difference in room decor is quite drastic. You can always pick up non-perishable food elsewhere and save it in your regular hotel room. Just depends on whether room decor or a mini kitchenette takes priority for you.

Thanks for posting, now hopefully mother nature will allow us to comfortably swim in feb.

Happiest of New Years to all of you, posters and lurkers alike. May 2013 bring you much health, happiness and prosperity.

4.jpg

Happy New year everyone!!! I am so excited for this years vacation!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:hyper:
:yay::yay:

Just re-posting this from DIS Updates for emphasis:

Boardwalk Bakery to be closed for expansion 01/02/13 - 04/12/13
Posted: 31 Dec 2012 08:06 AM PST

BoardWalk Bakery will be closed during this work. A coffee cart will be available on the boardwalk area during this time.

Also the two real queen beds in the regular room vs one queen and one queen sofa bed in the studio is something to take into consideration. Whether it is worth it or not is something only you can decide. Either way enjoy the BW!!!

Ps -- Great picture KOOK!! Happy new year everyone!

psac said:
Also the two real queen beds in the regular room vs one queen and one queen sofa bed in the studio is something to take into consideration. Whether it is worth it or not is something only you can decide. Either way enjoy the BW!!!

Thank you so much this was very helpful. I looked at online photos and have decided to stay put in the Inn.

The studio has one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa. The one bedroom has a king in the master bedroom and a queen sleeper sofa in the living room. Makes the standard hotel room look even better. All you are missing is the microwave and toaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter