(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning to stay 12/19 - 12/25 this year (I know, long way off). We are not booked as of yet, probably will wait a couple of months before we make it official.

We won't book a Water View because we did not enjoy that the last time we stayed here (bird poop everywhere!), but would love suggestions on what to request for a Standard View. Do any of the SV rooms have visibility to fireworks and garden?

Here is a resort map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm. Note the light green section facing the bus stop. We always request a high floor in that area because it gives you a good view of the fireworks but not gardens. Note if you go past rooms x123 you will be 'around the corner' in the yellow section and will be looking at the valet parking lot.

Pete W. said:
Here is a resort map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm. Note the light green section facing the bus stop. We always request a high floor in that area because it gives you a good view of the fireworks but not gardens. Note if you go past rooms x123 you will be 'around the corner' in the yellow section and will be looking at the valet parking lot.

We were in the light pink section overlooking the quiet pool near the convention center and we could see some of the Epcot fireworks every night. We couldn't see the entire show but could see quite a bit

I know it's only been a few days but is there any news how the coffee cart is working out with the Bakery closed?

I'll be there next week and will miss the Bakery alot!

Pete W. said:

Anyone have advice on a quiet area in the villas? I'm a light sleeper and would prefer not to hear a lot of traffic (foot or car) or elevator bings. I hate being so high maintenance when it comes to sleeping!! But, I'll have more fun in the parks if I sleep well... I deal with chronic pain, so any advice for this property is very much appreciated!! This will be our first trip to BWV.

Can one point out on this map where the DVC standard studio rooms would be?

I know this question has been posted back and forth regarding Luna Park Pool closing either Jan. 28th or Jan 2nd. But now that today is Jan. 4th, is it official that the pool is currently open and WILL close on the 28th?

We're scheduled to be there in 2 weeks. Thanks.

We just returned form an Ahhhhh-Mazing trip 12/14-12/22... We were in a Studio with DVC. Rm. 1123. The location was Perfect other than a long walk to do laundry.
:goodvibes

We just booked CL for June 1-6.:cool1: I was wondering if anyone knows what on the menu around that time.
I don't think the menu changes at BWI with the season. I have some CL lounge photos on the first page HERE.

WAHOO only two nights over at BWI because it is so expensive but we were able to swing it!!:cool1:
100 days from today :)
Yippee!

Less than two weeks!! :banana:
Your stay will be here before you know it.

I know this question has been posted back and forth regarding Luna Park Pool closing either Jan. 28th or Jan 2nd. But now that today is Jan. 4th, is it official that the pool is currently open and WILL close on the 28th?

We're scheduled to be there in 2 weeks. Thanks.
It is open now and will close 1/28, according to the IPO - here is the post:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47059175&postcount=2246

One more question... Refillable mugs. I'm seeing conflicting stuff about being able to get refills at the bel vue lounge. Do they do refills there? Anyone know if they will be doing refills at the temp bakery stand.

Notso said:
One more question... Refillable mugs. I'm seeing conflicting stuff about being able to get refills at the bel vue lounge. Do they do refills there? Anyone know if they will be doing refills at the temp bakery stand.

They did them when we were there 11/28-12/4. And they will give you a take out cup instead of filling your mug if you prefer. The bakery only did take out cups for refills.

BWI IPO confirmed that the Luna Park rehab begins on January 28. Wdwinfo.com reports that the Jib Slide closure at SAB runs through January 25. So BC guests can use Luna Park through the 25th, and BWI guests can use SAB starting on January 28.

Thanks! Glad I kept my ressie at BWI and didn't change.

They did them when we were there 11/28-12/4. And they will give you a take out cup instead of filling your mug if you prefer. The bakery only did take out cups for refills.
So Bellvue did do the mugs, just in a takeout cup?

Thanks! Glad I kept my ressie at BWI and didn't change.

So are we! It's a bit of a hike for us from BWI over to SAB, but the combination of the BWI club lounge and SAB sounds great to us - it's a rare opportunity.

We faced the quiet pool once. It was definitely quiet until the boats started in the morning, but I don't remember that being a crazy hour of the morning (maybe 7?). We were on the 5th floor, which means there were only about 10 rooms in our little wing. Most of the quiet pool facing rooms are only four floors high. We faced DHS, if that helps. You couldn't really hear the pool, but it was January, so it was never very busy. But if you were on the other side of the "u", you would be closer to a vehicle bridge. I am not sure where it goes, maybe S & D, but it would have a little more vehicle noise. I don't find that the hotels have traffic noise.

The elevators are in their own bay, but you could request away from the elevator, though we had a bit of a walk. The bedroom of the villas is in the "back" of the villa--not on the hallway. Good luck.

Just want to make sure I'm reading this correcting - isn't the light green section the villas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter