(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete W.

Pete W. DIS Veteran

Here is a resort map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm. Note the light green section facing the bus stop. We always request a high floor in that area because it gives you a good view of the fireworks but not gardens. Note if you go past rooms x123 you will be 'around the corner' in the yellow section and will be looking at the valet parking lot.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ravensterling3

ravensterling3 Earning My Ears

We just booked CL for June 1-6.:cool1: I was wondering if anyone knows what on the menu around that time.

4. Kerrio929

Kerrio929 Mouseketeer

We were in the light pink section overlooking the quiet pool near the convention center and we could see some of the Epcot fireworks every night. We couldn't see the entire show but could see quite a bit

5. MUFFYCAT

MUFFYCAT <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=deeppink>S

I know it's only been a few days but is there any news how the coffee cart is working out with the Bakery closed?

I'll be there next week and will miss the Bakery alot!

6. Niewoe

Niewoe Mouseketeer

Anyone have advice on a quiet area in the villas? I'm a light sleeper and would prefer not to hear a lot of traffic (foot or car) or elevator bings. I hate being so high maintenance when it comes to sleeping!! But, I'll have more fun in the parks if I sleep well... I deal with chronic pain, so any advice for this property is very much appreciated!! This will be our first trip to BWV.

7. Jasperann

Jasperann DIS Veteran

There is another board that is dedicated to the CLs in all the resorts, they have some pictures of the offerings. I've been looking at that board, and it has helped a little bit. :goodvibes

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2959196

8. Mynamewastaken

Mynamewastaken DIS Veteran

WAHOO only two nights over at BWI because it is so expensive but we were able to swing it!!:cool1:
    100 days from today :)

9. Butterflygirl35

Butterflygirl35 DIS Veteran

Less than two weeks!! :banana:

10. northeast33

northeast33 Earning My Ears

Can one point out on this map where the DVC standard studio rooms would be?

11. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I can't on the map you referred to. But if you look at post #2 of this thread you will find what you're looking for.:thumbsup2

12. gogo

gogo DIS Veteran

I know this question has been posted back and forth regarding Luna Park Pool closing either Jan. 28th or Jan 2nd. But now that today is Jan. 4th, is it official that the pool is currently open and WILL close on the 28th?

We're scheduled to be there in 2 weeks. Thanks.

13. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

:goodvibes

I don't think the menu changes at BWI with the season. I have some CL lounge photos on the first page HERE.

Yippee!

Your stay will be here before you know it.

It is open now and will close 1/28, according to the IPO - here is the post:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47059175&postcount=2246

14. Notso

Notso Mouseketeer

One more question... Refillable mugs. I'm seeing conflicting stuff about being able to get refills at the bel vue lounge. Do they do refills there? Anyone know if they will be doing refills at the temp bakery stand.

15. Kerrio929

Kerrio929 Mouseketeer

They did them when we were there 11/28-12/4. And they will give you a take out cup instead of filling your mug if you prefer. The bakery only did take out cups for refills.

16. gogo

gogo DIS Veteran

Thanks! Glad I kept my ressie at BWI and didn't change.

17. Notso

Notso Mouseketeer

So Bellvue did do the mugs, just in a takeout cup?

18. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

So are we! It's a bit of a hike for us from BWI over to SAB, but the combination of the BWI club lounge and SAB sounds great to us - it's a rare opportunity.

19. LoveKermit

LoveKermit DIS Veteran

We faced the quiet pool once. It was definitely quiet until the boats started in the morning, but I don't remember that being a crazy hour of the morning (maybe 7?). We were on the 5th floor, which means there were only about 10 rooms in our little wing. Most of the quiet pool facing rooms are only four floors high. We faced DHS, if that helps. You couldn't really hear the pool, but it was January, so it was never very busy. But if you were on the other side of the "u", you would be closer to a vehicle bridge. I am not sure where it goes, maybe S & D, but it would have a little more vehicle noise. I don't find that the hotels have traffic noise.

The elevators are in their own bay, but you could request away from the elevator, though we had a bit of a walk. The bedroom of the villas is in the "back" of the villa--not on the hallway. Good luck.

20. tinkbyday

tinkbyday DIS Veteran

Thanks so much!

21. tinkbyday

tinkbyday DIS Veteran

Just want to make sure I'm reading this correcting - isn't the light green section the villas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.