(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elielioh

elielioh Earning My Ears

I hope this question isn't too stupid but how do you request a specific area for you room? Do you call the BW directly? (Where is this number found?)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

You just add it to your reservation by calling MS if you booked through DVC, the owner if you rented a reservation, or Disney Reservation Center if you booked for cash directly from Disney
    Standard view are along the front drive. They comprise about 20% of the total villas. There are no water/pool view villas that are standard view. Those are preferred view.

4. jburd

jburd Earning My Ears

I will be at the Boardwalk Inn 2/27-3/6. I emailed to ask about the pool, and I got the following in an email this morning from Boardwalk Itinerary Planning:

Additionally, we are making the Stormalong Bay pool at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort available for your enjoyment. Shuttle transportation departing from Community Hall will be made available from 10:00am to 8:00pm for our Guests wishing to take advantage of the nearby pool experience.

5. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Excellent news!!!! Thanks so much for posting!!!

6. twinklestar22

twinklestar22 Earning My Ears

does this apply to DVC members only, or for everyone?

7. jburd

jburd Earning My Ears

There was nothing mentioned about DVC in the email--and I am not a DVC member.

8. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

That depends on how you booked. If you booked with DVC points, the above is correct. If you booked through CRO, you will most likely be given a pool or canal view.

9. Deb & Bill

Oops, you are correct, DebbieB. I thought I read this was a DVC reservation.

10. kwitcherkicken99

kwitcherkicken99 <font color=deeppink>Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEI

Happy New Year!!!

11. WeLoveNemo

WeLoveNemo Mouseketeer

I need some opinions. Due to altered school schedules (Thanks to Sandy, the Super Storm that never stops giving) our February trip is just 2 of my daughters and me. This opens the possibility of switching from a room in the BWI to a studio in the BWV's. The savings is only $100.00 in doing so, but what are people's thoughts? We love the location of the Boardwalk. The pool is closed regardless of the room's location. We tend to eat in our rooms for breakfast only. We prefer updated rooms to outdated. Thanks so much for your time and expertise!

12. kwitcherkicken99

kwitcherkicken99 <font color=deeppink>Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEI

I always make my requests through the main Disney line.

If you want the actual number to BWI, you can find it on allears.net. Under Walt Disney World, Accommodations, Resort Fact Sheets.

Here is the link for BWI/BWV.

BoardWalk Inn and Villas
    2101 Epcot Resorts Boulevard
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
    Phone: (407) 939-5100
    Fax: (407) 939-5150
    Note: To make a reservation call CRO at (407) 934-7639.

If you eat in the room for breakfast and it'll save you money, go with the studio.

That's $100 for souvies or Dole Whips...

13. mariamouse

mariamouse <font color=CC66CC>Believes in the magic!!<br><fon

If you prefer updated rooms, I would definitely stick with the BWI for $100. The difference in room decor is quite drastic. You can always pick up non-perishable food elsewhere and save it in your regular hotel room. Just depends on whether room decor or a mini kitchenette takes priority for you.

14. teheber

teheber CYCLING IS HOW I ROLL

Thanks for posting, now hopefully mother nature will allow us to comfortably swim in feb.

[​IMG]

15. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Happiest of New Years to all of you, posters and lurkers alike. May 2013 bring you much health, happiness and prosperity.

[​IMG]

16. Jasperann

Jasperann DIS Veteran

Happy New year everyone!!! I am so excited for this years vacation!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:hyper:

17. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

:yay::yay:

Just re-posting this from DIS Updates for emphasis:

Boardwalk Bakery to be closed for expansion 01/02/13 - 04/12/13
    Posted: 31 Dec 2012 08:06 AM PST

BoardWalk Bakery will be closed during this work. A coffee cart will be available on the boardwalk area during this time.

18. psac

psac DIS Veteran

Also the two real queen beds in the regular room vs one queen and one queen sofa bed in the studio is something to take into consideration. Whether it is worth it or not is something only you can decide. Either way enjoy the BW!!!

Ps -- Great picture KOOK!! Happy new year everyone!

19. WeLoveNemo

WeLoveNemo Mouseketeer

Thank you so much this was very helpful. I looked at online photos and have decided to stay put in the Inn.

20. Deb & Bill

The studio has one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa. The one bedroom has a king in the master bedroom and a queen sleeper sofa in the living room. Makes the standard hotel room look even better. All you are missing is the microwave and toaster.

21. HARASW

HARASW <font color=red>DisneyWorld Addict<br><font color=

Happy New Year to my fellow BWI fans!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.