(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
See the BW map here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm. The 'yellow' section is closest to the DHS walkway. Standard View will likely be of the valet parking lot otherwise you'll view the canal or quiet pool.
In all honesty, I'm not too worried about the view! We booked a standard room in BWI last December and ended up seeing ToT from our balcony. I actually prefer it to a water view.

Thanks for the link!

Thanks for the tip. I'm not sure how close we will be to the Swolphin, we will be in CL near the Bakery area (I think). I've never stayed at any of the Epcot resorts so it is all new. :goodvibes I did read where someone else got off at the Swolphin and beat the boat back to the dock at the BW, so I would think it would be the same going the other way. I also read that cutting through the clown pool is a short cut to the walkway to DHS.

I am so glad I have 4 months to figure things out. There seems to be a lot to know.
If you are near the Bakery, I'd hop on the Friendship at the BW dock unless its en route to the Swolphin. It's not that much further to walk to the Swolphin, so grab a boat if it's there. I wouldn't recommend waiting if you just miss it. Hustle to the next stop.

My BFF and I needed to high tail it out of DHS to make our Behind the Seeds tour in EP on our last morning. I messed up our FP strategy and cost us about 15 minutes in DHS (I was sans caffeine and THAT'S my story... :rolleyes1). On the way back, I told BFF to get off the boat at the Swolphin instead of waiting to get the rest of the way to BW. We reached the outer garden area outside the main part of the building (where check in is) almost before the Friendship left the dock at the Swolphin. Got us right back on schedule.

I just emailed with the BWI IPO and they are telling me the pool doesn't close until 1/28. (good news for us because we arrive 1/6!!) Pool will reopen 3/1. Bakery is closing 1/2 and reopening on 4/12. Limited bakery items will be set up in a tented cart. Hope that helps anyone who is wondering about the dates. :)

Thank you! Darn, I knew about the pool but not the bakery for our trip in 2 weeks.

I know this has been discussed but I still am not 100% confident regarding the date of the pool closing. We are booked at the BWI beginning l/18 for 4 nights. We did receive the letter the other day indicating that the main pool will be closed beginning Jan. 2 until March. As a pp stated, the contacted the IPO and they stated the pool will not close until 1/28. Since we are booked for CL, I also contacted IPO by email to see what response I would receive regarding the pool closing dates. They emailed me back and said the pool will close beginning on 1/28.

I was all set to move to the BC when I received the IPO email indicating the pool will be open while we are there? Is this unusual that they would state in a letter that the pool is closing on the wrong date???? Now, I will probably stay put at the BWI, but I'm not 100% comfortable regarding those pool dates.

Anyone have any thoughts regarding this?

I know this has been discussed but I still am not 100% confident regarding the date of the pool closing. We are booked at the BWI beginning l/18 for 4 nights. We did receive the letter the other day indicating that the main pool will be closed beginning Jan. 2 until March. As a pp stated, the contacted the IPO and they stated the pool will not close until 1/28. Since we are booked for CL, I also contacted IPO by email to see what response I would receive regarding the pool closing dates. They emailed me back and said the pool will close beginning on 1/28.

I was all set to move to the BC when I received the IPO email indicating the pool will be open while we are there? Is this unusual that they would state in a letter that the pool is closing on the wrong date???? Now, I will probably stay put at the BWI, but I'm not 100% comfortable regarding those pool dates.

Anyone have any thoughts regarding this?

Hi gogo. I have absolutely no inside information on this, and am only sharing thoughts based on past experience and my recent communications with BWI IPO. On many occasions in the past, I've received conflicting information from different WDW sources and in the end, it's usually that one department receives updated info first and another department receives it later. Based on the other threads, it seems like:

1) The closure was moved from 1/28 to 1/2 and IPO does not yet have the most updated information. When I e-mailed IPO earlier this month, they said they get all their info directly from the BWI front desk. That sounds good, but who knows who has the correct info! For example, BWI IPO once told me that I had to go through the Disney Florist for any in-room celebrations - no exceptions. When I mentioned that a friend recently went through IPO, another IPO CM said that of course they could help me. (And they did - it was great!)

OR

2) The department drafting and sending the letter confused the Boardwalk Bakery closure with the pool closure, just had the wrong date or the renovation was pushed back to 1/28 after they prepared the letter. That would be great for those arriving between 1/2 and 1/28, but not sure if that's the case.

Luna Park is definitely closed for our stay in late January, so I'd love accurate info on the possible ability to use SAB. Sounds like a pretty firm "no" right now, but there is some hope because IPO told me the quiet pools are the only options "at this time" and that other options may be "forthcoming."

Hi gogo. I have absolutely no inside information on this, and am only sharing thoughts based on past experience and my recent communications with BWI IPO. On many occasions in the past, I've received conflicting information from different WDW sources and in the end, it's usually that one department receives updated info first and another department receives it later. Based on the other threads, it seems like:

1) The closure was moved from 1/28 to 1/2 and IPO does not yet have the most updated information. When I e-mailed IPO earlier this month, they said they get all their info directly from the BWI front desk. That sounds good, but who knows who has the correct info! For example, BWI IPO once told me that I had to go through the Disney Florist for any in-room celebrations - no exceptions. When I mentioned that a friend recently went through IPO, another IPO CM said that of course they could help me. (And they did - it was great!)

OR

2) The department drafting and sending the letter confused the Boardwalk Bakery closure with the pool closure, just had the wrong date or the renovation was pushed back to 1/28 after they prepared the letter. That would be great for those arriving between 1/2 and 1/28, but not sure if that's the case.

Luna Park is definitely closed for our stay in late January, so I'd love accurate info on the possible ability to use SAB. Sounds like a pretty firm "no" right now, but there is some hope because IPO told me the quiet pools are the only options "at this time" and that other options may be "forthcoming."

Thanks Pixarmom for the response.

We really loved the BWI location, resort, CL, etc. when we visited last year during the same time of year. I really wanted to stay there again, but the pool closure does concern me. Even if we could use the SAB pool (at least thats what the cm said when I called) its an inconvenience. Plus, this has not been officially stated in their letter. Still not sure what to do, I'll keep reading for any new updates and just decide in a day or two.

Thanks Pixarmom for the response.

We really loved the BWI location, resort, CL, etc. when we visited last year during the same time of year. I really wanted to stay there again, but the pool closure does concern me. Even if we could use the SAB pool (at least thats what the cm said when I called) its an inconvenience. Plus, this has not been officially stated in their letter. Still not sure what to do, I'll keep reading for any new updates and just decide in a day or two.

I felt the exact same, and was seriously considering a switch to YC or BC for the exact reason you mentioned. I was looking at photos of the quiet pools (we've stayed at BWI before, but not used the quiet pools.) I have to say, just not that exciting! My husband preferred to stick with BWI, but was willing to switch to YC CL if I could guarantee the CMs would be as great as the BWI CMs (wow - too much pressure!) Our oldest son wanted to stick with BWI or switch to BC CL. Our youngest son always wants BC no matter the circumstances, but he's 5 and just automatically says "Disney's Beach Club Resort" in response to a wide variety of questions! Our middle son and I would do whatever the rest agreed upon. Given that my husband and older son could agree to stick with BWI, that's where we'll stay!

With so many conflicting responses from Disney, I decided to follow up on my December 8 e-mail to BWI IPO. It's not necessarily any more definitive than any other responses from Disney, but here's the very prompt response I received from IPO today:

Good Afternoon,

Luna Pool will be closed from January 28, 2013 through March 1st. During this time you can enjoy our two leisure pools located adjacent to the Community Hall or on the Inn side. Guest staying at the Boardwalk Inn Resort will not be able to utilize Stormalong Bay.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Have A Magical Day!

Gloria
Concierge Itinerary Planner
Disney's Boardwalk Inn

Quick question (I looked on the first page and couldn't quite find the answer I was looking for). Does the quiet pool on the villas side have a hot tub? Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

First-timer at BWI, arriving 3/1! Can't wait to check out the experience from the "other" side of the lake ;)! I see the bakery will be closed. What are my options for a quick breakfast (that's more than just a pastry)? Anything closer than walking to the BC Marketplace? Thanks!

There is a little bar towards the Inn side that we got breakfast at every morning. Mostly pastries and good coffee. When I get home, I can figure out the name. It took our DDP credits too.

We are staying at the BWV as DVC members Jan. 17-21, 2013. We got a letter the other day stating that the Luna Park Pool was closing Jan. 2. We figure if this info is incorrect and it IS open when we are there, that will be fine and my kids can use it. If not, I hope we can use SAB as a DVC member. I guess we will have to wait to find out. It might not even be warm enough to swim.

After reading through the thread here, this is the first time I am hearing that Boardwalk Bakery will be closed. Someone else asked for alternates for Breakfast and I would love to read your advice on that as well.

Great thread, Kook !!!

I wrote back to BWI IPO again, I begged her to please double check to make sure I have the correct information about the pool closing and she insists the pool is open until Jan 28. I have talked to 3 different CMs now including Terri and Gloria in the IPO. So I think this information is correct. At least I hope. :scratchin

We are staying at the BWV as DVC members Jan. 17-21, 2013. We got a letter the other day stating that the Luna Park Pool was closing Jan. 2. We figure if this info is incorrect and it IS open when we are there, that will be fine and my kids can use it. If not, I hope we can use SAB as a DVC member. I guess we will have to wait to find out. It might not even be warm enough to swim.

After reading through the thread here, this is the first time I am hearing that Boardwalk Bakery will be closed. Someone else asked for alternates for Breakfast and I would love to read your advice on that as well.

Great thread, Kook !!!

For breakfast they've said they'll have an extra boardwalk booth with pastries and such. As others just said, there is the Belle Vue Lounge as well, also for coffee and pastries. There is also Kouzzina for sit down breakfast. Even with the bakery open, since there is no real quick service location, breakfast is always a little iffy at the BW. Since we do DVC stays, we have a fridge and buy cereal and milk and then eat at a table service somewhere during the week, like take a cab over to Boma on a rest day. There is also a breakfast buffet at either the swan or dolphin, forget which, and of course there is the character meal at the Beach Club.

For breakfast they've said they'll have an extra boardwalk booth with pastries and such. As others just said, there is the Belle Vue Lounge as well, also for coffee and pastries. There is also Kouzzina for sit down breakfast. Even with the bakery open, since there is no real quick service location, breakfast is always a little iffy at the BW. Since we do DVC stays, we have a fridge and buy cereal and milk and then eat at a table service somewhere during the week, like take a cab over to Boma on a rest day. There is also a breakfast buffet at either the swan or dolphin, forget which, and of course there is the character meal at the Beach Club.

And Beach Club Marketplace has beefed up its menu a bit, too. It now has the typical Disney breakfast platter, along with the breakfast sandwiches it carried before. :goodvibes

I am currently booked for a standard view studio in November.
Can someone please help me or offer suggestions on what room to request?
(I know not Guaranteed)

I know I want at least 2nd floor....

I would love to be close to the elevator.. (would this put me close to lobby, main pool as well?)

I read that some standard rooms offer view and close proximity to quite pools..but do these rooms also place at the far side of the resort?
Is it possible to have a room like this, but close to elevator?

I would love to hear opinions on what are the best standard studios from some of the veterans of this resort.

I surely appreciate any feedback....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter