Celebrating at POFQ/AKL in September 2015! COMPLETE

I had such a great time reading your PTR! My brother and I are doing a sibling trip during the same time! We'll be in Disney from 9/5 - 9/13! We're so close! I hope you and your parents have an absolutely amazing vacation! :flower1:

I had such a great time reading your PTR! My brother and I are doing a sibling trip during the same time! We'll be in Disney from 9/5 - 9/13! We're so close! I hope you and your parents have an absolutely amazing vacation! :flower1:

Thanks! I hope you two have an awesome trip - so cool that we'll be there the same week! :thumbsup2

So are there any souvenirs you collect or plan to buy. I love coffee mugs (though I don't like coffee) & cups. We have way to many cups for only 2 people at my house!! Ive started keeping all the refillable drink mugs from the resort at work for my water, they mKake me smile!

So are there any souvenirs you collect or plan to buy. I love coffee mugs (though I don't like coffee) & cups. We have way to many cups for only 2 people at my house!! Ive started keeping all the refillable drink mugs from the resort at work for my water, they mKake me smile!

I love coffee mugs also although I don't like coffee at all! I have a collection of mugs from DL and WDW and plan to add at least one more to the mix after this trip! I also plan to purchase the refillable drink mugs - do you know if you have to purchase one for each resort? If so, I probably won't get one at POP since we'll only be there one night. When I worked there the resorts each had mugs unique to their theme... I think now they're all the same?

I love coffee mugs also although I don't like coffee at all! I have a collection of mugs from DL and WDW and plan to add at least one more to the mix after this trip! I also plan to purchase the refillable drink mugs - do you know if you have to purchase one for each resort? If so, I probably won't get one at POP since we'll only be there one night. When I worked there the resorts each had mugs unique to their theme... I think now they're all the same?

Yes now all the mugs are the same, but they've recent changed the mug prices again. The last time I was there you could buy it for a time frame ie 1 day, 3 day, etc & use it at any resort so if you changed hotels or were just resort hopping touring around you could use your mug at any hotel. Now I've read they changed it again & it's one flat fee for the mugs, so I'm not sure how long they last or how it works for multiple resorts. I know there is a mug thread though.

That so funny that we both like mugs, but not coffee!!! I mainly use mine for hot tea or hot cider in the cold months!

That so funny that we both like mugs, but not coffee!!! I mainly use mine for hot tea or hot cider in the cold months!

I know, too funny! I use mine for chai tea during the winter months!

We didn't get free dining - went with the room only discounts instead which saved us more. Thanks for the link to the thread about the mugs and for the updated info. I'll look at the thread next!

I know, too funny! I use mine for chai tea during the winter months!

We didn't get free dining - went with the room only discounts instead which saved us more. Thanks for the link to the thread about the mugs and for the updated info. I'll look at the thread next!

You're welcome!!!

At this time next week we will be in the MAGIC KINGDOM!! :dance3:

I'm getting SO excited! I've started a small pile of things that I'll be packing - just to appease @Angeejoe of course. ;) I also found a pair of shorts on clearance at Target yesterday and also a couple of light weight t-shirts on sale.

My legs are still going to blind people but I figure I won't be the only one causing that problem so oh well!

Looks like the forecast has changed for the worse but at least we should arrive after most of the rain from what's left of Tropical Storm Erika.

What else? Not much except working this week and hoping it'll go by quickly!

Oh - and I'll be doing live updates on this thread instead of starting a separate live trip report! I'll try to post a few photos each day and some info on our plans, what we've done, crowd levels, etc.

Have I mentioned how excited I am??!! :banana::banana::banana:

At this time next week we will be in the MAGIC KINGDOM!! :dance3:

I'm getting SO excited! I've started a small pile of things that I'll be packing - just to appease @Angeejoe of course. ;) I also found a pair of shorts on clearance at Target yesterday and also a couple of light weight t-shirts on sale.

My legs are still going to blind people but I figure I won't be the only one causing that problem so oh well!

Looks like the forecast has changed for the worse but at least we should arrive after most of the rain from what's left of Tropical Storm Erika.

What else? Not much except working this week and hoping it'll go by quickly!

Oh - and I'll be doing live updates on this thread instead of starting a separate live trip report! I'll try to post a few photos each day and some info on our plans, what we've done, crowd levels, etc.

Have I mentioned how excited I am??!! :banana::banana::banana:

I'm so excited for you! Plus jealous of course!!! I'm glad you've started packing, very wise. Do you have a lot of preshopping left to do?

The weather does sound like a bummer, but at least you'll be at the happiest place on earth with your family!

How do you do the tagging on here? Very cool.

I'm so excited for you! Plus jealous of course!!! I'm glad you've started packing, very wise. Do you have a lot of preshopping left to do?
I don't have anything else left to preshop for - just waiting for my amazon order (swim skirt) to arrive. I have swim shorts but tried them on and they're a little more snug than I'm going to feel comfortable with. I've lost about 10 pounds but sizes vary so much that you never know what's going to work well it seems like. Anyway, the skirt should arrive by this Wednesday and hopefully it'll fit perfectly!

The weather does sound like a bummer, but at least you'll be at the happiest place on earth with your family!
The tropical storm remnants should be gone by the time we arrive but the "feels like" temps are looking extremely toasty! We're talking over 100 with the heat index. Aaack! Glad I'll have my swim gear all ready to go and we have lots of ADR's to get into the air conditioning a bit!

How do you do the tagging on here? Very cool.

You just type the @ and then the person's screen name and a little box comes up that you can click on to tag them! :thumbsup2

live updates!! i'm so excited for you!
I'm excited too!! Oh wait, I guess I've already mentioned that... :rotfl::rolleyes1

I am an early morning person so I plan to do the live updates each morning hopefully while sitting by a pool! My parents (especially my mom) will want to drink their coffee and have time to wake up a bit whereas I don't drink coffee and am the type that just pops awake immediately each morning ready to go. I figure I should have a good hour or so each morning to post a few pics of the previous day's fun!

I'm not sure if I'll be writing a trip report after this so at least the live updates will be a way to remember the highlights once the trip is over! Hope you all will join in the fun!! :grouphug:

I don't have anything else left to preshop for - just waiting for my amazon order (swim skirt) to arrive. I have swim shorts but tried them on and they're a little more snug than I'm going to feel comfortable with. I've lost about 10 pounds but sizes vary so much that you never know what's going to work well it seems like. Anyway, the skirt should arrive by this Wednesday and hopefully it'll fit perfectly!

Congrats on the 10lbs!! That's awesome. Another thing to add to my jealous list...

The tropical storm remnants should be gone by the time we arrive but the "feels like" temps are looking extremely toasty! We're talking over 100 with the heat index. Aaack! Glad I'll have my swim gear all ready to go and we have lots of ADR's to get into the air conditioning a bit!

Oh boy, I dont think I could handle 100 degree heat index!!! Omg, you're poor mom that hates the heat! I think you will be in the pool a lot....

You just type the @ and then the person's screen name and a little box comes up that you can click on to tag them! :thumbsup2

Thanks @Dentam !!! Sorry, I had to try it out!

I'm excited too!! Oh wait, I guess I've already mentioned that... :rotfl::rolleyes1

I am an early morning person so I plan to do the live updates each morning hopefully while sitting by a pool! My parents (especially my mom) will want to drink their coffee and have time to wake up a bit whereas I don't drink coffee and am the type that just pops awake immediately each morning ready to go. I figure I should have a good hour or so each morning to post a few pics of the previous day's fun!

I'm not sure if I'll be writing a trip report after this so at least the live updates will be a way to remember the highlights once the trip is over! Hope you all will join in the fun!! :grouphug:
I love the idea of a live trip report written up poolside. Make sure you have some good drinks poolside!

Well, considering it will be early morning I think I'll just have hot chocolate to drink! ;) Maybe I can get in some evening posts as well, we shall see!

Yes, my mom is going to have a tough time with the heat and is already planning her afternoon jaunts to the resort pools. I might be joining her and my dad can have some time on his own in the parks. He loves to take photos of all the little details so I'm sure he'll be happy with that. I doubt he'll join us in the pool at all. As my mom pointed out, he's the one who's always drinking hot coffee on a 100 degree day so I don't think he'll be too phased. I used to live in NC so I should be able to handle the heat and humidity, but I've become pretty spoiled/wimpy since moving to CO! :laughing:

I still have more weight I'd like to lose and had hoped to be down another 5 pounds at least for this trip but oh well! I'll get back on track after our trip! Can't believe we're leaving in less than a week now! Only five days to go! :cheer2:

Well, considering it will be early morning I think I'll just have hot chocolate to drink! ;) Maybe I can get in some evening posts as well, we shall see!

Yes, my mom is going to have a tough time with the heat and is already planning her afternoon jaunts to the resort pools. I might be joining her and my dad can have some time on his own in the parks. He loves to take photos of all the little details so I'm sure he'll be happy with that. I doubt he'll join us in the pool at all. As my mom pointed out, he's the one who's always drinking hot coffee on a 100 degree day so I don't think he'll be too phased. I used to live in NC so I should be able to handle the heat and humidity, but I've become pretty spoiled/wimpy since moving to CO! :laughing:

I still have more weight I'd like to lose and had hoped to be down another 5 pounds at least for this trip but oh well! I'll get back on track after our trip! Can't believe we're leaving in less than a week now! Only five days to go! :cheer2:

I love swimming especially on vacation, it's so relaxing. I'm not good sitting by the pool, I get too hot & bored. I do love SAB, especially the lazy river, I could float in that all day.

I love swimming especially on vacation, it's so relaxing. I'm not good sitting by the pool, I get too hot & bored. I do love SAB, especially the lazy river, I could float in that all day.

I've never been to SAB - hoping to change that in 2017 if I can convince my family to stay at the BC for at least half of our trip!

I've never been to SAB - hoping to change that in 2017 if I can convince my family to stay at the BC for at least half of our trip!

YC is my fav & BC is DHs fav (& a very close second for me). SAB is glorious, I love it there.

Are you booking a bounce back?

YC is my fav & BC is DHs fav (& a very close second for me). SAB is glorious, I love it there.

Are you booking a bounce back?

I don't think I'll be booking a bounce back but you never know! I'll keep an eye out for the current offer pamphlet when we're there! :thumbsup2

I don't think I'll be booking a bounce back but you never know! I'll keep an eye out for the current offer pamphlet when we're there! :thumbsup2

If there's not one in your paperwork call the operator & asked to be transferred. There's generally a bounce back but a lot of time you never get the paperwork. Remember you could always book & then cancel, they will refund your deposit. There's generally a great deal never offered to general public like free dining at a different time or resorts not generally offered or a higher % off for room only.

I pre-ordered our lunches for BOG! I'm getting the carved turkey sandwich, my dad's going to have the slow roasted pork meal, and my mom chose the quinoa salad. We're also each getting a cupcake plus one extra one since my mom couldn't decide between the strawberry cream cheese and the lemon meringue! I have a feeling we'll have some left over for later! :o:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter