Celebrating at POFQ/AKL in September 2015! COMPLETE

I'm sure Disney has enough people that resort hop to know how to handle that!!

I'm told it's actually operated by a different company and I can just make two separate reservations - one for the arrival trip and one for departure.

I totally get that you don't want to have every minute pre-planned....but.....why not book some anyway just in case? You can feel free to use them or not....and at least you have a chance at waiting less if you feel like it? Just a thought...it's free after all...

We got the ones we wanted the most and some of the others my dad and I want to do have single rider lines. I might check to see what's still available on our other days but honestly the whole thing confuses me and I'm kind of getting planning burnout at this point.

I LOVE reading life TR's!!

:thumbsup2

I got our Magic Bands (and Magical Express confirmation letter) in the mail today!! Three short weeks to go! :woohoo:

Magic Bands.jpg

Have you started packing?

No, I am a last minute packer so I probably won't start until the night before! I do need to try on the shorts I bought awhile ago and make sure they fit. If not, I'll need to do one more shopping trip! Oh, and I definitely need to start slathering self tanner on my legs - they are blindingly white!

No, I am a last minute packer so I probably won't start until the night before! I do need to try on the shorts I bought awhile ago and make sure they fit. If not, I'll need to do one more shopping trip! Oh, and I definitely need to start slathering self tanner on my legs - they are blindingly white!

Start now! I put our suitcases out in the guest bedroom & slowly start tossing stuff in that I know I won't need before the trip, things I bought specifically for the trip (shampoo, sun tan lotion, toothpaste, etc), snacks for the road trip. Then a few days before I get it all organized.

I used to put the suitcases on the dining room table to be a constant reminder, but my cats would always end up inside!! I'd have a suitcase of hair, lol.

I got our Magic Bands (and Magical Express confirmation letter) in the mail today!! Three short weeks to go! :woohoo:

magic-bands-jpg.116481
OMG OMG OMG! How excitinggggggggggggg! :woohoo:

Start now! I put our suitcases out in the guest bedroom & slowly start tossing stuff in that I know I won't need before the trip, things I bought specifically for the trip (shampoo, sun tan lotion, toothpaste, etc), snacks for the road trip. Then a few days before I get it all organized.
I do this exact same thing! I leave in 3.5 months and that process has already started! :laughing:

I used to put the suitcases on the dining room table to be a constant reminder, but my cats would always end up inside!! I'd have a suitcase of hair, lol.
And this is exactly why the door to the guest bedroom stays closed, otherwise I would have the very same issue. :rotfl: My two cats are all about "If I fits, I sits!"

20150413_222730-1.jpg

OMG OMG OMG! How excitinggggggggggggg! :woohoo:

I do this exact same thing! I leave in 3.5 months and that process has already started! :laughing:

And this is exactly why the door to the guest bedroom stays closed, otherwise I would have the very same issue. :rotfl: My two cats are all about "If I fits, I sits!"

20150413_222730-1.jpg

We're packing twins!!!

Beautiful kitty!! My cats love a good seat in a suitcase, fresh laundry I'm folding, clothes I laid out to wear, a book I'm in the middle of reading.....

I have two cats as well as a 15 month old, 92 pound puppy. Packing early in my house would just be asking for about a pound of shed fur to make the trip to FL with me! :rotfl:

I've actually gotten pretty good at last minute packing. If I pack too early I end up forgetting what I put into my bags and then I have to unpack them to figure out what I still need, then repack. I know, I'm weird!

Only 2.5 weeks to go - can't believe how the time has flown! I still need to order some ponchos for us and I should be getting the Frogg Toggs I ordered from amazon tomorrow!

I'm currently debating on whether I want to bring my better camera which is also bigger and heavier or stick with my pocket sized camera that doesn't take as good of pics but would be much easier to carry around.

Anything else I should be sure to bring?

I just checked the extended forecast for Orlando and it's showing that temps may drop to highs of 84 for the first part of our trip! The quote from Accuweather says: "Colder and less humid"!! I know it's still too far out to really predict much accurately but I sure hope this turns out to be true!! :hyper:

ETA: It is forecast to be cooler the ENTIRE week of our trip! Oh, please dear weather gods, let it be so!!!

Last edited:
I have two cats as well as a 15 month old, 92 pound puppy. Packing early in my house would just be asking for about a pound of shed fur to make the trip to FL with me! :rotfl:

I've actually gotten pretty good at last minute packing. If I pack too early I end up forgetting what I put into my bags and then I have to unpack them to figure out what I still need, then repack. I know, I'm weird!

Only 2.5 weeks to go - can't believe how the time has flown! I still need to order some ponchos for us and I should be getting the Frogg Toggs I ordered from amazon tomorrow!

I'm currently debating on whether I want to bring my better camera which is also bigger and heavier or stick with my pocket sized camera that doesn't take as good of pics but would be much easier to carry around.

Anything else I should be sure to bring?

You should bring...ME!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I totally set myself up for that one, didn't I? :teeth:

I am so excited about the weather forecast right now I can barely stand it!! :yay:

Pay no attention to me, I'm just jealous!!! Your weather sounds good if your highs are 84!!! I'd like it even cooler myself.

Are your parents getting excited?

Pay no attention to me, I'm just jealous!!!

I'm going to attempt a live trip report so you can all join in on some of the fun!

Your weather sounds good if your highs are 84!!! I'd like it even cooler myself.
We'd like it cooler too but considering this is well below the average highs for early September we would be ecstatic if it turns out to be true!

Are your parents getting excited?
Yep, they are! I might be the most excited at this point though. My mom is still dreading the heat a bit and planning for her swimming/hotel breaks in the afternoons. My dad is the opposite and will want to be in the parks as much as possible!

I'm going to attempt a live trip report so you can all join in on some of the fun!

We'd like it cooler too but considering this is well below the average highs for early September we would be ecstatic if it turns out to be true!

Yep, they are! I might be the most excited at this point though. My mom is still dreading the heat a bit and planning for her swimming/hotel breaks in the afternoons. My dad is the opposite and will want to be in the parks as much as possible!

Are u guys meeting up at the airport or Pop?

Are u guys meeting up at the airport or Pop?

We'll be meeting up at Pop since they'll be getting in about 2 hours before me and want to relax a bit before we head to the Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner. From there we'll head to the MK and stay until they close at 2am if we can stay awake that long!

We'll be meeting up at Pop since they'll be getting in about 2 hours before me and want to relax a bit before we head to the Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner. From there we'll head to the MK and stay until they close at 2am if we can stay awake that long!

Get the desert sampler @ GFC!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter