Celebrating at POFQ/AKL in September 2015! COMPLETE

Wow!!! Firstly sorry you were sick for part of your trip...that stinks. I had to laugh at your dropping the mug...because I actually have almost done that too...they are packaged in a really stupid way...so it's SO not your fault.

Anyway...very jealous of both your upcoming trips!! SO cool...DL and Shanghai Disney - how awesome. I really want to do all the asia parks one day....I really look forward to your TR for that!!

Thanks for sharing your trip! I'm so jealous of your upcoming DL & Shanghai trips!! They look awesome.

Wow!!! Firstly sorry you were sick for part of your trip...that stinks. I had to laugh at your dropping the mug...because I actually have almost done that too...they are packaged in a really stupid way...so it's SO not your fault.

Anyway...very jealous of both your upcoming trips!! SO cool...DL and Shanghai Disney - how awesome. I really want to do all the asia parks one day....I really look forward to your TR for that!!

Yeah, getting sick was a bummer, but at least it was at the end of the trip!

I know, you'd think they would package those mugs more securely! It did make me feel like an idiot though. :sad2:

I hope you get to go someday! I would love to travel to all of the international parks - it's a new goal for me! :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing your trip! I'm so jealous of your upcoming DL & Shanghai trips!! They look awesome.
No problem! Thank you for being patient with me and hanging in there til the end of the report! I know I'm SLOW - will try to do much better with the next one!

I just realized that I forgot to tell you all about my plans for my birthday trip next March!

For my birthday, I really wanted to catch the opening days of the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival!

Epcot-FG-Mickey-Minnie-Topiaries-900x450.jpg

0319ZW-0036MS.jpg

It gets even better! I invited my parents to come along and we are planning to stay at the new DVC villas at the Polynesian Resort!! Woohoo! The deluxe studios there look amazing and if we rent points we can get a room for about the price of a moderate resort! With splitting the price, it will be pretty affordable for all of us. We are planning to make the reservation later this summer.

studio.jpg

Polynesian-Villas-06.jpg

So... that is everything I have in the works for now!! :hyper:

wl3-jpg.159634
Have you sat in one of those chairs? I did, and it was GLORIOUS. I love them!

Just 6.5 months until I'm seeing this again! :cloud9:

YUM! I had this in 2014, and loved it. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed!

For dessert, we shared a serving of the Grey Stuff - the plating on this left a lot to be desired! :rotfl:

bog3-jpg.159664
Okay, yeah, that was pretty ugly. :laughing: I hope it tasted better than it looked!

We got a kick out of these guys - they were hilarious! Especially when one fell asleep and started snoring! :lmao:

bog8-jpg.159665
Do you know that I've been to BoG three times, and I'm NEVER stopped and paid any attention to these dudes? I need to make sure to do that in October!

The fireworks seemed to last longer than we remembered and were probably the most magical part of the trip for me! pixiedust:
Awww, yay! I love this! :goodvibes

We speed walked (as much as one can in crushing crowds) and made it up to the train station platform to watch Celebrate the Magic! There were even a few spots left along the railing for us. Score!
I really want to try to nab this spot in October! I've tried before but it's always full! I might have to suck it up, and just camp it super early!

I also just bought a cute dress to wear for the Dapper Days Expo at the DL Hotel on Saturday! It was $33.99 on amazon! We will be leaving Saturday evening, so we'll miss the Dapper Day in the parks on Sunday but I still wanted to dress up!

71j8qs-l8el-_uy500_-jpg.159708
I absolutely LOVE this! It's perfect!

And, for those who like spreadsheets, here is the one I created for this trip!

untitled-1-jpg.159717
Mmmmmm, spreadsheets. :lovestruc With some pretty sweet gradients happening, no less!

I also have a very exciting trip to Shanghai planned for early July!
SAY WHAAAAAAAAT!!! :eek:

This new park is scheduled to open in mid-June, so I will be there a few short weeks after it opens!
Maaaaan, that is SO FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! :hyper:

For my birthday, I really wanted to catch the opening days of the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival!

epcot-fg-mickey-minnie-topiaries-900x450-jpg.159746
I love this, what a lovely idea!!

Do you know that I've been to BoG three times, and I'm NEVER stopped and paid any attention to these dudes? I need to make sure to do that in October!

You have to stop there next time and just hang out and listen to them. They're hilarious!

I really want to try to nab this spot in October! I've tried before but it's always full! I might have to suck it up, and just camp it super early!

It's a great spot and worth camping out early for in my opinion! Easy exit to beat the crowds to the buses too! :thumbsup2

I absolutely LOVE this! It's perfect!

Unfortunately, I've been consistently starving lately and therefore have been eating everything in sight. I'm thinking I will have to save this outfit for another time - maybe a Dapper Day next year!

Mmmmmm, spreadsheets. :lovestruc With some pretty sweet gradients happening, no less!

I was playing around with the numbers program on my new macbook air. Love those gradients!

SAY WHAAAAAAAAT!!! :eek:

Yep! I am nervous and excited... the nervousness is actually kind of winning out right now!

Maaaaan, that is SO FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! :hyper:

:banana:

I love this, what a lovely idea!!

I think it will be perfect since that's also the time of the year that I need a tropical break from our Denver winters! :cool1:

Glad you were able to feel good enough at least to experience Be Our Guest Once. I also love the Celebrate the Magic show, and watch it every time I can - I taped it on my phone this past trip just so I can have the music. Wish I could buy the music for it!
Your upcoming trips look great - I am not yet brave enough to travel to China, but maybe one day...

Thanks! Yeah, you would think they would sell the music for it - combined with music from other shows maybe. Hmm...

I will let you know how China goes! There will be a trip report for sure!

So I haven't yet finished reading about your trip, but I noticed that you are headed to a magical adventure real soon and I wanted to say have a wonderful trip.

I realize this ended up taking me MONTHS to finish getting through, I apologize! But I've now read everything! Those food pictures - yum! I can't wait to get back to Disney just to eat again haha!

That's too bad about getting sick at Disney, and staying sick for 6 weeks :( At least you made it out to MK to try BOG!

I hope your family trip to DL was fantastic! I love the look of the Grand Californian, and that you can access DCA directly from there! Did you end up catching the Paint the Night Parade? In my opinion, I thought it blew the Electrical Parade at WDW away, it was one of my favourite parades I've ever watched. Also World of Colour is probably my favourite nighttime show at Disney - I hope you managed to catch that too!

I hope you create a trip report for your visit to Shanghai Disney! It's very low on my places to visit someday, but I'm still very interested in seeing pictures and hearing all about it!

I realize this ended up taking me MONTHS to finish getting through, I apologize! But I've now read everything! Those food pictures - yum! I can't wait to get back to Disney just to eat again haha!

That's too bad about getting sick at Disney, and staying sick for 6 weeks :( At least you made it out to MK to try BOG!

I hope your family trip to DL was fantastic! I love the look of the Grand Californian, and that you can access DCA directly from there! Did you end up catching the Paint the Night Parade? In my opinion, I thought it blew the Electrical Parade at WDW away, it was one of my favourite parades I've ever watched. Also World of Colour is probably my favourite nighttime show at Disney - I hope you managed to catch that too!

I hope you create a trip report for your visit to Shanghai Disney! It's very low on my places to visit someday, but I'm still very interested in seeing pictures and hearing all about it!

No worries, it took me months to get through it also! :rotfl:

Yeah, it really was a bummer. Didn't help that I was sick for a good 6 weeks after getting home. It was awful.

Our trip to DL was great! I meant to do a TR, but work was crazy as soon as I got back and is just now starting to calm down a bit. The Paint the Night parade was amazing!! I love the Electrical Parade, since it was the one I grew up seeing at DL back in the day and it has that nostalgia factor for me, but Paint the Night was so impressive with all of the new technology they used to create it!

World of Color was nice, but I think it is near the bottom of my list in terms of nighttime Disney shows. I like more fireworks!

I will definitely create a trip report for my Shanghai trip, which is only five weeks away now! Work won't be so crazy when I get back, so I should have more free time to do the TR. Getting nervous and mostly excited!

So I haven't yet finished reading about your trip, but I noticed that you are headed to a magical adventure real soon and I wanted to say have a wonderful trip.

I just saw this - sorry for the LONG delay on replying. Work has been stressful but is easing up now. I have mostly been reading other people's stuff on here and not keeping up with my own. :o

I had forgotten that I started reading this before my trip until I saw your reply. I figured I'd better finish reading up before I forget again, lol.
Looks like a very well balanced trip with the parks and resort exploring. Loved all your pics especially the resort ones since I didn't really make much time for that. And you had some pretty great meals there too.
Bummer about getting sick though. That really really sucks.

Hope your trip to DL was wonderfully magical.
So jealous that you get to go to Shanghai. That is so cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter