Celebrating at POFQ/AKL in September 2015! COMPLETE

I can now say that we leave TOMORROW!! :dance3:

Talked to my mom last night and she is a bit worried about the heat. I'm hoping she'll be able to handle morning jaunts to the parks, then she can go back to the pool and relax before going back to the parks in the evenings! We also have a couple of lunch adr's that she'll have to stick around for but they'll be in the ac at least.

Hope I remember everything I need to do today - aack!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fzZsd4DsuZIJO.gif

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fzZsd4DsuZIJO.gif

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!!

Ha ha ha - LOVE this!! Thanks!

So exciting! I love getting a haircut right before a trip - that's as close as I get to being a celebrity in an airport, at least my hair is done!

I got a good 4-5" cut off and she thinned it for me so it's SO much better now! :thumbsup2

Well, my dog is finally at her home away from home for the week. I thought I'd beat the rush hour traffic by leaving before 3pm but no such luck. Took an hour each way when normally it would take half that amount of time!

Stopped on the way home and got a new pair of sunglasses and more cat litter to set up the extra litter box.

My hair is shorter than I've had it in a long time which will be great for the heat and humidity - it's just long enough to still get it into a ponytail! :thumbsup2

I just threw in a final load of laundry and cleaned up the backyard (puppy toys were strewn across it)...

Checked in for my flight ten minutes after my window opened up to do so and still ended up in boarding group C - huh? Man, apparently people are really on top of this stuff...

Printed out the list from MDE with all of our resort confirmation #'s and adr's. Also printed my boarding pass and our itinerary!

Now I just need to finish packing and getting the kitties all set.

But... I just want to lay down and watch a movie!! I'm so tired and the past few days I've felt like I'm trying to fight off getting sick. :scared1:

Last edited:
Well, my dog is finally at her home away from home for the week. I thought I'd beat the rush hour traffic by leaving before 3pm but no such luck. Took an hour each way when normally it would take half that amount of time!

Stopped on the way home and got a new pair of sunglasses and more cat litter to set up the extra litter box.

My hair is shorter than I've had it in a long time which will be great for the heat and humidity - it's just long enough to still get it into a ponytail! :thumbsup2

I just threw in a final load of laundry and cleaned up the backyard (puppy toys were strewn across it)...

Checked in for my flight ten minutes after my window opened up to do so and still ended up in boarding group C - huh? Man, apparently people are really on top of this stuff...

Printed out the list from MDE with all of our resort confirmation #'s and adr's. Also printed my boarding pass and our itinerary!

Now I just need to finish packing and getting the kitties all set.

But... I just want to lay down and watch a movie!! I'm so tired and the past few days I've felt like I'm trying to fight off getting sick. :scared1:

So smart to trim your hair with all the heat & humidity you're facing! It sounds like you have all the last minute details worked out too! You're doing an awesome job. What time do you land tomorrow ?

Ps- start taking vitamin C if you think you're coming down with something, take that & some cold meds with you!!!

Last minute problem here. Turns out our Magical Express reservation is completely screwed up. I have no idea where they got this information since I typed in our different flight numbers and that we are going to POP. They have all of our flights as my flight number and us arriving on 9/9 and going to AKL. :confused3

So, now I have to call and try to get all this straightened out. Good thing I looked through all of this stuff again tonight - didn't catch it when the confirmation letter arrived.

At least I'm packed now other than the stuff I'll be using in the morning and the laundry I need to go grab out of the dryer!

So smart to trim your hair with all the heat & humidity you're facing! It sounds like you have all the last minute details worked out too! You're doing an awesome job. What time do you land tomorrow ?

Thanks - I thought I was doing well also until I noticed the Magical Express mixup!

My flight arrives around 5:30pm. My parents arrive almost 2 hours before me. Now I just need to make sure we will have transportation to POP!

Get well and enjoy your trip! I loved following along, be it late but still glad I got to join in!!!

I'm glad you were able to join in also!! I'm still planning to do some live updates so stay tuned!

Last minute problem here. Turns out our Magical Express reservation is completely screwed up. I have no idea where they got this information since I typed in our different flight numbers and that we are going to POP. They have all of our flights as my flight number and us arriving on 9/9 and going to AKL. :confused3

So, now I have to call and try to get all this straightened out. Good thing I looked through all of this stuff again tonight - didn't catch it when the confirmation letter arrived.

At least I'm packed now other than the stuff I'll be using in the morning and the laundry I need to go grab out of the dryer!

Oh crap!! Were they transporting your bags too or are you? Do your tags say AKL? Did you get it straightened it out? Sending you pixiedust:

Oh crap!! Were they transporting your bags too or are you? Do your tags say AKL? Did you get it straightened it out? Sending you pixiedust:

No, we aren't checking any bags so it shouldn't be too bad I guess. I tried calling but they're closed. I'll try again in the morning. What's weird is that the confirmation email has the correct date and resort but the letter they sent is completely wrong. Hoping it'll all work out! We'll have copies of our resort reservations and our magic bands with us so we should be able to straighten it out once we're there if I'm not able to over the phone in the morning.

Today's the day!! :jumping1:party::dancer::woohoo::dance3::dance3:

I woke up at 2:30, 4:30, and finally gave up on getting anymore sleep at 5:30! :rotfl2:

My parents should be on their way to the airport by now. Their flight leaves at 5:40am PST. Luckily I have a few more hours before I need to leave!

Need to call the Magical Express number and see if I can get our reservation straightened out.

Hope we can all stay awake long enough to close down MK tonight!! It's open til 2am (midnight my time and only 11pm PST so we should be able to do it)!!

Oh, and @Angeejoe - I've had the song line "leaving, on a jet plane" in my head since yesterday! :rockband: It's actually kind of a depressing song so I think I need a better theme song for today!

Last edited:
Don't worry about Magical Express too much. Especially since you're not checking bags, you really don't need to worry. When you get to MCO, just go to the ME counter to check-in, and explain about the mix-up. Bring your supporting documents. I feel extremely confident that they will tell you that's it's no problem, and just put ya'll on the next bus to Pop. :cutie:

Have a WONDERFUL trip, girl! I'll be looking out for those live updates! :goodvibes

Today's the day!! :jumping1:party::dancer::woohoo::dance3::dance3:

I woke up at 2:30, 4:30, and finally gave up on getting anymore sleep at 5:30! :rotfl2:

My parents should be on their way to the airport by now. Their flight leaves at 5:40am PST. Luckily I have a few more hours before I need to leave!

Need to call the Magical Express number and see if I can get our reservation straightened out.

Hope we can all stay awake long enough to close down MK tonight!! It's open til 2am (midnight my time and only 11pm PST so we should be able to do it)!!

Oh, and @Angeejoe - I've had the song line "leaving, on a jet plane" in my head since yesterday! :rockband: It's actually kind of a depressing song so I think I need a better theme song for today!

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:Wishing you the most magical vacation ever Tamara!!!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

I hope that you a great & safe flight! If you get time let us know you arrived safe & sound!

Your anthem needs to be "hey Mickey :mickeyjumyou're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey:mickeyjum
(clap, clap), hey Mickey :mickeyjum(Clap, clap)"

Don't worry about Magical Express too much. Especially since you're not checking bags, you really don't need to worry. When you get to MCO, just go to the ME counter to check-in, and explain about the mix-up. Bring your supporting documents. I feel extremely confident that they will tell you that's it's no problem, and just put ya'll on the next bus to Pop. :cutie:

I think you're right - no more stressing, it'll all work out!

Have a WONDERFUL trip, girl! I'll be looking out for those live updates! :goodvibes

Thanks!! I'll try to get the first update up tomorrow morning before we check out of POP and head to AK!!

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:Wishing you the most magical vacation ever Tamara!!!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Thanks so much, Angeejoe!!

I hope that you a great & safe flight! If you get time let us know you arrived safe & sound!

Will do! :thumbsup2

Your anthem needs to be "hey Mickey :mickeyjumyou're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey:mickeyjum
(clap, clap), hey Mickey :mickeyjum(Clap, clap)"

Oh boy... that's gonna be hard to get out of my head now! :rotfl2:

We're here!!! I am really impressed with POP - nicer than I was expecting and we're in the 80's building backed up to trees and can see the lake and Art of Animation on the other side of it! Just got some nice pics of the sun setting over the lake.

On our way to dinner at GF Cafe and then MK for the night!! I'll post some pics tomorrow morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter