Celebrating at POFQ/AKL in September 2015! COMPLETE

We're here!!! I am really impressed with POP - nicer than I was expecting and we're in the 80's building backed up to trees and can see the lake and Art of Animation on the other side of it! Just got some nice pics of the sun setting over the lake.

On our way to dinner at GF Cafe and then MK for the night!! I'll post some pics tomorrow morning!

I'm so glad you arrived safely, have a nice view, get to enjoy a good dinner & MK with your parents!

Well, the internet is set at glacial pace this morning so I don't think I'll have time to do a full update. We need to head over to AK very soon for our breakfast at the Rainforest Cafe!

Here are a few pics from yesterday! You might notice that my camera has an annoying line running through the photos - grr! Must be from a time I dropped it - ooops...

Anyway, when we arrived they were able to find our reservation and get us on the Magical Express no problem! A severe storm had just come through we were told.

Then it was off to POP!

Dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe was awesome! My mom and I had the seasonal salads while my dad had the corn and potato chowder. Next up we shared lobster burgers - YUM!!! The dessert sampler finished off the meal and was excellent!

Magical Express.jpg 122008[/ATTACH] POP .jpg GF Cafe.jpg GF Cafe menu.jpg GFC seasonal salad.jpg GFC corn:potato chowder.jpg GFC lobster burger.jpg GFC dessert sampler.jpg

Stay tuned for pics from our late night at the MK! We stayed until 1:45am!!

ETA: I have no idea why two of the pics are not showing up full size but they are of the entrance to POP and the sunset over the lake outside our room looking across to AoA.

Attachments

• POP entrance.jpg
    POP entrance.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Sunset on lake, AoA.jpg
    Sunset on lake, AoA.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Well, the internet is set at glacial pace this morning so I don't think I'll have time to do a full update. We need to head over to AK very soon for our breakfast at the Rainforest Cafe!

Here are a few pics from yesterday! You might notice that my camera has an annoying line running through the photos - grr! Must be from a time I dropped it - ooops...

Anyway, when we arrived they were able to find our reservation and get us on the Magical Express no problem! A severe storm had just come through we were told.

Then it was off to POP!

Dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe was awesome! My mom and I had the seasonal salads while my dad had the corn and potato chowder. Next up we shared lobster burgers - YUM!!! The dessert sampler finished off the meal and was excellent!

View attachment 122007 122008[/ATTACH] View attachment 122009 View attachment 122010 View attachment 122011 View attachment 122012 View attachment 122013 View attachment 122015 View attachment 122016

Stay tuned for pics from our late night at the MK! We stayed until 1:45am!!

ETA: I have no idea why two of the pics are not showing up full size but they are of the entrance to POP and the sunset over the lake outside our room looking across to AoA.

It's looking like an awesome time!! I so glad you took my suggestions on the seasonal salad & the dessert sampler & liked them!!!

How's the weather? Super hot? Humid?

I hope that you have another great day!

It's looking like an awesome time!! I so glad you took my suggestions on the seasonal salad & the dessert sampler & liked them!!!

Yes, we loved everything we had for dinner last night - thanks so much for the great recommendations!! :thumbsup2

We went to the Rainforest Cafe for breakfast this morning and then walked around the AK for a few hours. It was pretty crowded so we decided to see if our room here at POFQ was ready yet. It was!! We got both of the requests I made - top floor and corner room! Bonus is that our room is facing the river and is in a very quiet area of the resort - building 7! We are LOVING it here. Our room is wonderful and my dad loves the theming of the entire area. Can't wait to see it at night with all the street lamps on! I think we will likely be coming back here on future trips - we love it that much! :woohoo:

We'll be heading over to the AKL soon for dinner at Boma! Then it will be back to POFQ and the plan is to take the boat to Downtown Disney to walk around there a bit and check out the new construction. My mom also wants to get dessert at Ghiradelli.

I'll post a few photos from our night at MK next!

How's the weather? Super hot? Humid?

It hasn't been too bad at all - humid which is to be expected but honestly I was expecting it to be worse! It hasn't been too hot - mostly cloudy so far and now a storm is moving in.

The MK wasn't too crowded last night which was a surprise but I think we made a rookie mistake by going to the AK today since it had EMH's this morning. It was pretty crowded so we just walked around and didn't ride anything. The wait for Everest was 50 minutes! I think the crowds should die down quite a bit after tomorrow though!

Yes, we loved everything we had for dinner last night - thanks so much for the great recommendations!! :thumbsup2

We went to the Rainforest Cafe for breakfast this morning and then walked around the AK for a few hours. It was pretty crowded so we decided to see if our room here at POFQ was ready yet. It was!! We got both of the requests I made - top floor and corner room! Bonus is that our room is facing the river and is in a very quiet area of the resort - building 7! We are LOVING it here. Our room is wonderful and my dad loves the theming of the entire area. Can't wait to see it at night with all the street lamps on! I think we will likely be coming back here on future trips - we love it that much! :woohoo:

We'll be heading over to the AKL soon for dinner at Boma! Then it will be back to POFQ and the plan is to take the boat to Downtown Disney to walk around there a bit and check out the new construction. My mom also wants to get dessert at Ghiradelli.

I'll post a few photos from our night at MK next!

Yea!! Looking forward to the upcoming pics!!

It hasn't been too bad at all - humid which is to be expected but honestly I was expecting it to be worse! It hasn't been too hot - mostly cloudy so far and now a storm is moving in.

The MK wasn't too crowded last night which was a surprise but I think we made a rookie mistake by going to the AK today since it had EMH's this morning. It was pretty crowded so we just walked around and didn't ride anything. The wait for Everest was 50 minutes! I think the crowds should die down quite a bit after tomorrow though!

Well I'm glad it's not too hot! Hopefully you still go & enjoy the pool!

AK is my least fav park, we usually do a half day & that's it. Though the safari is one of my fav rides. AK is just so spread out & always so hot as little cover from the sun.

Just posted some photos from last night! We got over to MK around 9:30 or so. Caught the Wishes fireworks show but not from a good viewing spot so no pics of that. We plan to stake out a good spot later in the week and also plan to watch the Electrical Parade that night!

Our longest wait was around 10 minutes - Buzz Lightyear was a walk on! We loved seeing the new Fantasyland area and can't wait to see it in the daylight! :banana:

BOG looked so cool from the outside - can't wait til our dinner there on Thursday!

That's all for now! I'll post photos from today in the morning. I'm going to download pics from my dad's camera which is nicer than mine and doesn't have the annoying line running through the photos!

Pouring down rain now - hope it lets up before we need to venture out to catch our bus to the AKL! Just realized we'll need to figure out how to get back here or maybe just take a bus to DTD and take the boat from here another time.

Well I'm glad it's not too hot! Hopefully you still go & enjoy the pool!

Oh yes, we will plan to enjoy the pool for sure! I bought a swimsuit for the occasion and need to make sure it gets put to use!

AK is my least fav park, we usually do a half day & that's it. Though the safari is one of my fav rides. AK is just so spread out & always so hot as little cover from the sun.

Yeah, it's not my favorite park but I do like it better than HS. My favorites are MK and EPCOT and I can't choose which of those I like best. Tomorrow we'll be going to EPCOT!!

Just realized we'll need to figure out how to get back here or maybe just take a bus to DTD and take the boat from here another time.
I would take the bus from AKL to DTD, then the boat from DTD to POFQ. :) (In fact, this is pretty much what I did in April, only replace AKL with BWI!)

I would take the bus from AKL to DTD, then the boat from DTD to POFQ. :) (In fact, this is pretty much what I did in April, only replace AKL with BWI!)

We just came to the same decision! :thumbsup2 Still waiting for the storm to let up... :eek:

I'd just get a cab:car:. I hate wasting time!!! Now if I were already at DTD then of course the boat is the answer for me! I find that the quick cab rides are not that expensive.

I'd just get a cab:car:. I hate wasting time!!! Now if I were already at DTD then of course the boat is the answer for me! I find that the quick cab rides are not that expensive.
I think she said their plans were to go hang out at DTD after dinner at AKL anyhow. :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter