• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carye and Josh's PJ 1-11-10 UK-WHR-Sago Cay DP BEO pg 9 rings pg 10

Hi there! I just caught up on your PJ!!! Congrats!!! I love everything!!! The invitations are super cute!! The dress is beautiful! You did a really good job on the hoodie, you are so creative!!! I didn't realize there were so many brides from Texas on here. I am not as close to you as the others but we live in Houston.

Can't wait to read about the rest of your plans!

So sorry for my long absence from the boards. The neglect was completely unintentional.

We had some problems that held up the contract getting signed and in, but everything is smoothed out now and we are back on the right path.

Today I got a call from my planner...her name is Jennifer O'leary...has anyone had her? She will be sending out the paperwork for me to fill out what I have in mind for the wedding and I just need to have it back by the first of April.

Oh...and we scheduled our planning session...9am on April 27th. I am sooooooooo excited...it all seems so real now. :yay: :yay: :yay:

welcome back girl! Glad it all worked out! We just got our planner too, it all seems real now! Your PS is soooo soon cant wait to hear all the details

Welcome back my dear!

Congrats on the planner and the PS!

I hear you on the feeling real thing - it kind of just hits you like blam!

Can't wait to hear more!

So...today I came home to exciting stuff...and good thing, bc I had spent all day sitting in a jury duty panel only to find out I wasn't chosen, what a waste of a day off!!

There were 2 good sized envelopes in the mail...my save the dates and my cake and music cds!!:yay::yay:

If that wasn't enough, I had received e-mail from my planner confirming my planning session and tasting appointments and my "Let's Begin" packet :banana:

I am so excited to have something to look forward to, I called DF and told him he had lots of info to come home too, I can't believe I will be there planning the big day in just a little over and month...can't wait.:cloud9:

Ohhh I just got those too! We must be on the same timeline now lol! That questionare is soooo long! I have never even thouight about 1/2 the questions they ask! It will be a long afternoon the day we try to sit down with that stuff lol!

Hey, I've been lurking on your board. I really like your idea of having the flower girl and ring bearer wear Disney outfits.
I don't know if you've decided anything on your flower girls Tinkerbell outfit,
but have you seen the simplicity patterns for the Disney Faries? The costumes are really cute.
2872.jpg

Hey, I've been lurking on your board. I really like your idea of having the flower girl and ring bearer wear Disney outfits.
but have you seen the simplicity patterns for the Disney Faries? The costumes are really cute.
2872.jpg

Oh those are super cute costumes! And simplicity patterns are very easy to sew and modify... if you don't like the recommended fabrics you can easily add overlay layers to them. I use simplicity patterns alot when I am sewing and they are great!

2872.jpg

Those are really cute, we will have to see what happens, I am leaving it up to her mother to make the final decision as long as it passes my approval :rotfl:
The one that I have looked at is from the disney store and is more of a soft green with lots of sparkle and only runs $40, from my experience, fabric costs a lot when you want something cute.

Thank you so much for the great tip!!

I totally didn't realize until today that in my updates I never mentioned some of the location changes we have decided on.

After all the back and forth with my dad and getting a little feel for how many guests we are going to have, we decided the LSS would be too much for us, and the $2500 food and beverage minimum was more than we can spend.

So... we decided to move the reception location to the Whitehall room, which I think will feel much more size appropriate and that means the extra food and beverage money could be used later in the day instead of just at the reception, so we get to have a dessert party now:banana::banana::banana: I am thinking Sago Cay since our group will be small and if we end up with more people changing it to the GF Marina. And by moving things, we don't have to use Disney photography for everything, so the plan right now is to have Misty Miotto for everything else...lets keep our fingers crossed that we can make it work :goodvibes:

BTW I got a new planner with all the changes at DFTW...Ken Weaver and his assistant Jen Flores. Has anyone heard about them? He has been there for 14 years, so he ought to be great!!

Hey Carye! Wow that sounds like it will be really nice. I have heard nothing but amazing things about the Whitehall Room! And how awesome that you may be able to have a DP now too! Congrats girl!

I do not have Ken (but have heard great things about him on here) but his assistant Jen is also my planner Marion's assistant and she has been really easy to work with so far. Very prompt and helpful, and since from what I have heard you talk to the assisntant more then the planner this is a good thing for you:thumbsup2. I have only had to call Jen a few times but each time she got things done for me right away and was really friendly and helpful so I think you are in great hands:goodvibes

I know that this doesn't have a lot to do with the wedding, but I am so excited I have to share.

My uncles that live in Belgium called me last week and have decided to fly me out to see them this week, I leave on Wednesday and have so much to get done before. So instead of having 2 weeks left to plan for our PS trip, I only have 2 days before I leave when I will be getting ready for my trip and 2 days when I get back to prep and recuperate from the jet lag...I need all the pixie dust I can get pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:
But I cannot wait to see my uncles and have never been to Belgium so the excitement for the rest of the month is huge!:cutie:

oh wow! Have a great safe trip Carye! Take lots of pics for us to see:goodvibes

Here is some pixie dust that you have a safe trip and are well rested and prepped for your PSpixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Ohhh.. So lucky! I love Belgium! You will have a great time. Have some muscles and fries for me.... mmmmmm. Belgim and Disney in the same month!
I'm so jealous!

I'm only sorta kidding here, but flashlights on the back of your knees really work wonders on jet leg.

I am finally back at home after spending 10 out of 14 days out of town...I am so exhausted, you can't even imagine. So there is a TR coming soon, I just need a few days to recover from everything and actually spend some time with DF before I get it started. Sorry for the delay...hope you girls can forgive me.:grouphug:

I just found your pj. Everything looks great!! I love the idea of dressing the kids up. If i knew any younger kids to be in my wedding i would do the same thing.

Hello! Just stumbled upon your PJ. And after reading the first I totally had to go out and order myself that pin!!! I love Snow White, hehe!! And it gave an awesome pin trading idea.

I was immediately grabbed by the LSS since that's where I want to have ours, but I know the Whitehall is very lovely, and yay for a DP now!!

I can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter