Carye and Josh's PJ 1-11-10 UK-WHR-Sago Cay DP BEO pg 9 rings pg 10

Okay I'm behind... Love the dress.. Cute idea about the hoodies... Yay! Trip to Disney! Great invites. The costume idea could be really cute - especially if you're making them high-quality and not just for $14.99 at Walmart. I think it will be super cute! (sorry if I forgot anything)

You've gotten so much accomplished! You are making me feel like a slacker! (Okay... me being a slacker is making me feel like a slacker... but still ;) ) Way to go!

that is a wicked invite! i love it!!
And affordable to boot, I can't wait to see them with our names on them. I found them on a couple different websites, so I have to do some price shopping and find out if the ladies I worked with can give me the best price out there.:scratchin
Great invite! Very cinderella!princess:
I thought they had just enough fairytale without being the official cinderella invites, since I am not doing the MK ceremony, but they do remind me of the buildings in Epcot UKprincess:
Okay I'm behind... Love the dress.. Cute idea about the hoodies... Yay! Trip to Disney! Great invites. The costume idea could be really cute - especially if you're making them high-quality and not just for $14.99 at Walmart. I think it will be super cute! (sorry if I forgot anything)

You've gotten so much accomplished! You are making me feel like a slacker! (Okay... me being a slacker is making me feel like a slacker... but still ;) ) Way to go!
You are definitely not a slacker...you have so much time to figure things out...I just happened to have a lot of things come together really easy or they would not be done by now.
Thank you on the dress, and the hoodies, oh and the invites. I think the costumes will be great, and I will definitely make sure they are nice ones, nothing wimpy for my wedding pics:p :tink:

all the invitations i have seen are soo soo expensive!! Like, over £100.. and i dont want to be spending that on paper when i know my guests wont apprieciate them, well you know what i mean, to them it would just be an invite that would get thrown away- where if i was to recieve an invite like that, i would keep it!

let me know what the best prices you have managed to find!

all the invitations i have seen are soo soo expensive!! Like, over £100.. and i dont want to be spending that on paper when i know my guests wont apprieciate them, well you know what i mean, to them it would just be an invite that would get thrown away- where if i was to recieve an invite like that, i would keep it!

let me know what the best prices you have managed to find!

I know, some of the ones I saw in the bride mags that I liked were astronomically priced. I met with a couple of ladies out of Tyler that were more reasonable on the prices and that is where I found what I like, but then I ended up finding the same ones cheaper online. I feel the same way, it means a ton to us, but the people actually getting the invites, will probable look at it twice :sad2:

The most affordable website I found was www.princessinvitations.com princess:
Hope you can find something on there that will work for you, mine is a Carlson Craft invite.

So I mentioned a few posts back that I wanted to try making myself a custom hoodie jacket to wear on my planning trip and for whenever until the wedding, but all the ones I found online were gonna run me around $70:crazy2: . After a little trial and error and using up a bit of my patience, I think I was a success. Here are the pics of how it came out:

Front
8dc107a8.jpg

Back
63c45462.jpg

I'm sure you girls are wondering how I did it and how much it cost me, so here is the break down.
I used my cricut scrapbooking cutter to cut the letters out of fabric after I had attached wonder under to the back side. This took some patience because the cutting blade would get caught sometimes or the fabric would slide around on the cutting mat, :scared: but I just had to remind myself I could do it.
Then I ironed the letters onto the jacket and outlines them with a clear crystallized paint just to make sure they were good and stuck on the edges. In my world you can never have enough sparkle, so I added the rhinestones for a little extra bling, I just glued them on.:yay:
Price Break Down: Jacket at Target $10.99 18" of wonder under $1.00 6" of green glitter fabric $0.85 26" of purple glitter fabric (bought what was left on the bolt so it would be half off, and it was pretty) $1.80 Glitter paint $1.99 Rhinestones $3.99 So with taxes and everything, I spent less than $25 on it and I love how it turned out.
If anyone wants to steal the idea and needs the letters cut out for them, I would be glad to help through the mail, just let me know.pixiedust:

it looks well good! im impressed, and pretty cheap to make so it makes it even better :thumbsup2

i cant belive your surname to be is going to be Gonzalez! I like that surname- a singer called Jose has that surname, Jose Gonzalez! He is very good! woooo for your new surname!! hehe!

i wish i could make things like that- i dont have the patience! im really bad at crafty things!

The hoodie looks great! Very professionaly made! And you saved $50! Thats awesome!

it looks well good! im impressed, and pretty cheap to make so it makes it even better :thumbsup2

i cant belive your surname to be is going to be Gonzalez! I like that surname- a singer called Jose has that surname, Jose Gonzalez! He is very good! woooo for your new surname!! hehe!

i wish i could make things like that- i dont have the patience! im really bad at crafty things!

The hoodie looks great! Very professionaly made! And you saved $50! Thats awesome!

Thank you! Thank you! I am so proud of it, and any money I can save along the way is money I have to spend when I get there:cool1:

Not a whole lot has been going on in the planning world lately, I will get some updates on here as soon as I get a chance, things have been a little crazy lately.:scared:

ok...I know that I said there wasn't anything going on planning wise, but that was a little bit of a lie, I just had a lot of crud going on with work and didn't feel like getting my stuff together to post.:confused3 So my dearest apologies, but here is the latest update.:cool1:

Monday I went shopping at the Disney store with my mom to check out their tinkerbell costumes, glad I went to look, because the one I liked online is not very cute in person, the green is too bright and would take away from the wedding pics. But, I was in luck, because they were having a big sale on all sorts of stuff. I decided to get these sweatshirts to give to my RB and FG
IMG_4267.jpg
IMG_4269.jpg

They were on sale for $7.99 so I couldn't pass them up, I figured with the wedding being in January, they would be able to wear them around the parks while they are there.:wizard:
I also found these two long sleeve tees for me on sale for only $5.99 so I had to get them. Who couldn't use a little more Disney gear??:lovestruc
IMG_4270.jpg

Oh, and I bought this stuffed Jiminy Cricket to give to DFs nephew, the RB, for his :bday: in May so he can start realizing who it is he will be dressed like.
IMG_4268.jpg

And the big moment today....my shirts I ordered from customglamgirl.com came in today. I think they came out super cute, and you can't beat the $9.99 they were on sale for. The white one is for the day of the wedding and the rehearsal dinner and the pink ones are "bride's entourage" for my bridesmaids then too...oh and the pink "Mrs. Gonzalez" one is for during the honeymoon.
IMG_4266.jpg
IMG_4265.jpg

IMG_4264.jpg
IMG_4263.jpg

Oh, I almost forgot. We booked our airfare and SSR for the planning trip...we will be leaving on the 25th and I can't wait! Just have to get the contract returned so we can set our planning session up and everything will be great.

Ok, I love the shirts - All of them!

The FG and RB shirts are super cute and will be perfect for january!
The shirts for you are soo cute! I wish the disney store near me didnt close a few years ago...:sad2:
The shirts you ordered are sooo cute! I love all the pink and for the price, that def can't be beat! You guys will look so cute wearing them all together at the wedding!

And most of all!! Horray for your PS and trip!!! SSR looks soo nice, I really want to stay there someday!!! You will have so much fun, I am requesting lots of pics at your PS lol!:laughing:

Hello

I love all your so far planning

Yay for your dad !!

I love all your crafty makes

and those invites .... Beautiful

x

Ok, I love the shirts - All of them!

The FG and RB shirts are super cute and will be perfect for january!
The shirts for you are soo cute! I wish the disney store near me didnt close a few years ago...:sad2:
The shirts you ordered are sooo cute! I love all the pink and for the price, that def can't be beat! You guys will look so cute wearing them all together at the wedding!

And most of all!! Horray for your PS and trip!!! SSR looks soo nice, I really want to stay there someday!!! You will have so much fun, I am requesting lots of pics at your PS lol!:laughing:

Thank you, I think all of them will be great when the time roles around, now I just have to find somewhere to put everything wedding that I won't forget where I put it :rotfl:
Sorry to hear about your disney store, if it helps any, I found a lot of the same thing on sale on the disneyshopping.com site and there is also disneyoutlet.com so you could check those out and find some deals.
I am super excited about the planning trip, the SSR is great, we stayed there in Sept and it was so convenient to DTD we could walk and then go to any resort from there. Our stay is free from our DVC developer points so it will be even better feeling staying there, but I can't wait to stay at BLT for the wedding/disneymoon.
Lots of pics are on the order, I will have to post some here and I can give y'all a link to my shutterfly page to see the rest.:surfweb:

Hello

I love all your so far planning

Yay for your dad !!

I love all your crafty makes

and those invites .... Beautiful

x

Thank you!! I have tried to keep things simple and get things done so I can enjoy the time leading up to the wedding. :cloud9:

I know I posted this on the main page, but I thought it would keep my thoughts more organized if I put it here, so I would have it with everything else.

My ring bearer will be 20mos old when we get married and my flower girl 6, so I thought it might be a cute idea to dress them up instead of the traditional tux and dress. My immediate thought for the ring bearer was to do a jiminy cricket outfit, looked for costumes, but they are all cheesy and expensive, but I can sew pretty well so it would be attainable. Here is a pic just to give you a visual, but it would be much smaller...lol. :rotfl:
December2006043.jpg

I was thinking we would get him a little top hat and tux tails jacket with the white shirt to go underneath, then I could make a little orange vest with the big gold button and the yellow aster, and of course buy a pair of light green pants. Somehow I need to figure out the things for the top of the shoes.

Then I thought Tinkerbell would be cute for the flower girl, a costume should be easy to find for this, I just want to make sure it isn't too cheesy, I want her to look cute, not like she insisted on wearing her Halloween costume.

What do you girls think? I want honest opinions please

I say go for it! I love the idea! :goodvibes
p.s. I'm a 2010 bride too!

oooh yay those will be great for your RB and FG! I will have to look out for bargains like that for my FG's! Im thinking i want to make them a rucksack with loads of goodies in and clothes for the holiday / wedding when they are out in Disney.

Those tops you got from that online store are great- they are so pretty, i love them!! I want some!! I will def look into getting them for our wedding - i love sparkles on tops!

And BIG YAY for your PS trip booked at SSR... i have only stayed in Disney on site once, and that was in 2000, and at the AS music, so one day, i wish i can stay at one of those swanky Disney hotels! Its a dream! (well okay, my dream is to stay at the Royal Asante Suite in AK lodge! but i can DREAM ON!!) HAHA!

I think they are super cute. DF agreed today that his groomsmen need shirts too and that he wants them to say "groom's posse" any suggestions where I can get some inexpensive? The site I ordered from only does the rhinestone ones and that would not be right :lmao: PS I need to be able to order one in a size 4X

Great start so far. you're having your wedding on my dream date, but i couldn't afford to make it work.

For groom shirts. I know a scrapbook company Me & My Big Ideas made stickers for guys that were studs instead of rinestones, and I think they made a few iron-ons. Or SEI makes iron letters (that look a varsity jacket letters) that you could spell it out with. Hobby Lobby sells them, so you could get them when their on sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter