• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carye and Josh's PJ 1-11-10 UK-WHR-Sago Cay DP BEO pg 9 rings pg 10

We should get together sometime. I wish I were going to the bridal show this weekend, I have to work thing I have to do, so I will be missing it. I am only going to the trunk show on Saturday b/c they don't normally carry all of the impression gowns, but they will have them there for the weekend. Good luck with the Jenny Craig, I have just been keeping a handle on my calorie intake and watching my portions trying to make smarter choices, but working out is not my thing, I will get to it eventually, at least being a hairstylist I stand a good part of my day. Are you going to the Plano bridal show in March? I would love to meet up there if you are :chat:

Even though I have very little actual planning to do, I think I'm "addicted" to bridal shows! So I'm sure we'll be going to the one in March also! I'm lucky that I have a DF who actually enjoys these things, so he goes with me! We went to the one in Plano - I believe it was September... but we had NO plans for the wedding at that point... so yes, we should definitely try to get together!! Good luck with the trunk show!! I keep telling myself I'm not going to try on dresses yet, but I don't know if I will be able to hold out much longer... :hyper:

ook okay, thanks for the advice on DVC- i will surely let them know you reccomended / reffered me if we do join!

I want to know where some Brides get their t shirts from? I really want us to get a Bride and Groom t shirt, and perhaps a best man ect.. it would look really funny but would be great at the same time!

I want them for wearing in parks and for also travelling to Florida too!!

If you find somewhere online that sells nice ones let me know!!

So far I have seen a few websites mentioned in my wanderings aroung the boards.
www.advantagebridal.com
www.cafepress.com
www.bridalpartytees.com
www.customizedgirl.com

But I am going to wait and check out the new design a tee store at downtown disney when we go on our planning trip. I thought it would be cute to make a more disney themed shirt for everyone to wear around the parks after the wedding. Here is a link to a review someone did of the store since it is new http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/01/disney_designatee_1.html BTW the site this is on has tons of great stuff about WDW www.allears.net
:wave2: have fun

Today was the big day for the trunk show I was looking forward to. My sister didn't end up making it, she was feeling sick, but it was a success none the less. I found bm dresses i really like here are pics of my mom and my little sister in it.
IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_4254.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

I love the color, it is called praline, I'm thinking praline with lavender for the main colors and accents of dark plum and chocolate.

Turns out there were 2 designers at the trunk show, Impression and DaVinci. I tried on a handful of dresses, some good some bad. This is the first one I tried on, I liked the top of it, but the bottom doesn't do much for me.
IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

Then I put on the Maggie Sottero gown from the other day, so my sis could see it and this time we put a petticoat under it to add some fluff. Excuse the lovely clamps on the back of the dress.
IMG_4250.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

IMG_4251.jpg

Then we came across this DaVinci gown and I fell in love with it, makes me feel like a total princess (how every disney bride should:flower3: ) Especially once she put the full length veil on with it, I loved the whole look.
IMG_4246.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4247.jpg

Since it was a DaVinci trunk show this weekend they had a 20% off deal. They agreed to let me purchase at that price, but wait until later to come in and have my measurements done for the order, so it gives me a chance to lose more weight. All I have to do now is make sure Daddy gets the down payment taken care of tomorrow, but I have complete faith in him, he will get it taken care of. :goodvibes So happy!!! What do you guys think?

Just found your PJ and everything sounds wonderful so far! I love the dresses and think your definately picked the right one- it looks amazing on you! I am totally in love with your bridesmaid dress as well...Who is it by? Impressions? I would wear it as my wedding dress...I'm not joking- does it come in ivory? :goodvibes Can't wait to hear more! Congratulations!

Adelia, I was thinking the same thing... I also like the BM dress as a wedding dress! I'm thinking about wearing color instead of white or ivory (some shade of purple... at I believe it's Alfred Angelo I like the eggplant and I forget the other color... more of a light purple but not lavender)

Great dress choices!!! Wedding dress looks awesome on you!!!

Hey just caught up on your journal. We are also having the UK courtyard for our ceremony in September this year and then on to The Attic. Looking forward to seeing how your plans progress.

I love the 3rd dress! You look happiest wearing it, so it must be the one! Your BM dresses are such a great color, keep us posted!
I just placed and order from bridalpartytees.com and am waiting for them to get here so I'll let you what type of quality they are. :)

Just found your PJ and everything sounds wonderful so far! I love the dresses and think your definately picked the right one- it looks amazing on you! I am totally in love with your bridesmaid dress as well...Who is it by? Impressions? I would wear it as my wedding dress...I'm not joking- does it come in ivory? :goodvibes Can't wait to hear more! Congratulations!

Adelia, I was thinking the same thing... I also like the BM dress as a wedding dress! I'm thinking about wearing color instead of white or ivory (some shade of purple... at I believe it's Alfred Angelo I like the eggplant and I forget the other color... more of a light purple but not lavender)

Great dress choices!!! Wedding dress looks awesome on you!!!

Thank you so much! I absolutely love the dress. The BM dress is by Ava Collection by Mori Lee style#601 I'm not sure what all colors it comes in, but I do think it is a beautiful dress and would look great on a lot of different shapes.

Hey just caught up on your journal. We are also having the UK courtyard for our ceremony in September this year and then on to The Attic. Looking forward to seeing how your plans progress.
I can't wait to see how your pics come out, so far I haven't come across anyone that I can see has used that venue, but I think it will be great and cannot wait to go on my site visit. Have you seen any others?

I love the 3rd dress! You look happiest wearing it, so it must be the one! Your BM dresses are such a great color, keep us posted!
I just placed and order from bridalpartytees.com and am waiting for them to get here so I'll let you what type of quality they are. :)

Thank you so much! I knew it was the one, had to put it back on even just to double check. OOh, I hope the tees are great, looking forward to seeing what you think about them and how they look.

ooh yeah that DaVinci gown is lovely!! you look really happy!! it really suits you!

i'd go with that purely because it looks the best and you look so pretty and happy in it!! that shape really looks great on you and the detail is lovely!

woo!! i love seeing people in their dresses! it makes me happy!! i could look at photos of you all in your dresses all day long!

ooh yeah that DaVinci gown is lovely!! you look really happy!! it really suits you!

i'd go with that purely because it looks the best and you look so pretty and happy in it!! that shape really looks great on you and the detail is lovely!

woo!! i love seeing people in their dresses! it makes me happy!! i could look at photos of you all in your dresses all day long!

Thank you! Sounds like from your PJ that you have found the dress of your dreams too...there must have been something in the air this weekend blessing all of us 2010 brides with dress success:goodvibes . I can't wait to see a pic of yours, send me a PM about it when you can.

I would consider my weekend to be a success (remember we are working in terms of hairstylist weekends Sunday-Monday). Had an associate update for my Paul Mitchell education job, learned lots of cool new stuff and decided what I want to do with my hair color wise for the wedding...it will be awesome, so excited. As you all know, I found my dress on Saturday and with a little push, Daddy called and put the deposit down on it Sunday evening. All I have to do now is keep up with the diet to make sure I can go in and do my measurements in a few months and get the dress ordered in time, they say give it 6 months, so that would put me sometime in June. Monday night was the official dinner with Dad to decide on what things we have in mind and how much it is going to cost so he can lay down a budget outline and payment stuff for himself. He was great about everything, I am pretty realistic about how much things cost, so he didn't think anything sounded excessive. Talked with Bill, my coordinator, about the Letter of Agreement and got all the paperwork filled out and on its way back to him so we can put the deposit down and start working with a planner :jumping1: . Also, I called DVC and booked the room for our planning trip we want to take for my birthday at the end of April...hey a bonus gift card to spend in the park, yay!! You get to make dining ressies through them too and I called at exactly 90 days, so I was able to get both we were wanting. We are taking my mom with us and wanted to take her to Ohana, where we want to have the rehearsal dinner, and got a reservation for during the wishes show on Sun. night; the other is for the Rose and Crown Pub during the Illuminations show on Monday night. Then I have to think a little more about what I want to do on the Tuesday, it is my Bday :bday: so we will do something special, but we have to fly home that night so it will be a daytime thing...any suggestions?

its so nice that your Dad is helping out with the wedding!

Im so happy you found your dress!! its so lovely. If you need the support with the dieting, ill be your cheerleader, like Stacey (princess22) offered to be mine! hehe!! Go Carye Go!! :cheer2: I know you have no worries when it comes to the measurements, you'll be fine!!

im so gald all your plans are coming together, its not long now until you can work with the planner and the next thing you know, the wedding will be next week!!

thats so awesome your dad is helping you out, I have to have that talk with my dad tonight so I'll let you know how it goes:scared: !
I just did the gift card booking too! How cool is that extra disney $$ going to be when it's sitting there waiting for you at check in lol!
I just made ressies for Ohana too, (DF has never been) and I am so excited :hyper: !
Your dress will look gorgeous no matter what the measurments are, I just started weight watchers and so far so good. I just really needed to learn to eat healthy foods, and I figured starting to excercise more would be great too. My goal is 20 lbs by the wedding... I am down 3 so far lol! we can be motivation bussies:cheer2:

its so nice that your Dad is helping out with the wedding!

Im so happy you found your dress!! its so lovely. If you need the support with the dieting, ill be your cheerleader, like Stacey (princess22) offered to be mine! hehe!! Go Carye Go!! :cheer2: I know you have no worries when it comes to the measurements, you'll be fine!!

im so gald all your plans are coming together, its not long now until you can work with the planner and the next thing you know, the wedding will be next week!!
We will all have to be each others cheerleaders:grouphug: ...just another good excuse to scrounge around the boards all day :rotfl: I am very thankful dad is being so much help, he always told me that if I married the right man he would pay for the wedding, so I just had to wait for mister right and it was worth it.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

thats so awesome your dad is helping you out, I have to have that talk with my dad tonight so I'll let you know how it goes:scared: !
I just did the gift card booking too! How cool is that extra disney $$ going to be when it's sitting there waiting for you at check in lol!
I just made ressies for Ohana too, (DF has never been) and I am so excited :hyper: !
Your dress will look gorgeous no matter what the measurments are, I just started weight watchers and so far so good. I just really needed to learn to eat healthy foods, and I figured starting to excercise more would be great too. My goal is 20 lbs by the wedding... I am down 3 so far lol! we can be motivation bussies:cheer2:
Congrats on the 3lbs, I know it can be hard, but I know I never envisioned myself being fat on my wedding day, so it is great motivation to stick to things this time around. :cheer2: Good luck with your dad tonight, I just had to remind myself that it isn't a battle, he wants to help as much as he can, I just have to be realistic about what I think are necessities. Let me know how things come out, I will have my fingers crossed for you and send you the good karma :goodvibes

I was really debating with myself about spending the money to have t-shirts made for my bridal party. With my date being in January and my bridesmaids all being cold-natured like me, I thought they would end up wearing a sweatshirt over them all day and no one would even see my efforts. So...I was wandering around the boards today and checked out a link for personalized wedding stuff and they wanted over $60 for a hoodie :eek: after lurking ebay for a while I came across these cute iron-ons that say cute stuff like "bride's entourage" and the lady said she would make it in any font any color...so that means someone is just cranking these things out and charging $3 for what probably cost them pennies to make:scratchin I don't know if you all saw my little comment about the fans where you can use a scrapbook cutting machine to cut out all sorts of stuff, well I saw on one of their infomercials that you can cut fabric out when using a fusible webbing back....I already own one of those machines and have a font cartridge on its way to me called storybook(you can imagine what it looks like, very Cinderella like). I'm going to try out making my own customized ones, where I can pick the fabric and everything and just iron it on to a shirt from the store. I will let you guys know how it turns out and if anyone wants, I would be more than happy to make some and mail them to you.:cool1:

I know I posted this on the main page, but I thought it would keep my thoughts more organized if I put it here, so I would have it with everything else.

My ring bearer will be 20mos old when we get married and my flower girl 6, so I thought it might be a cute idea to dress them up instead of the traditional tux and dress. My immediate thought for the ring bearer was to do a jiminy cricket outfit, looked for costumes, but they are all cheesy and expensive, but I can sew pretty well so it would be attainable. Here is a pic just to give you a visual, but it would be much smaller...lol. :rotfl:
December2006043.jpg

I was thinking we would get him a little top hat and tux tails jacket with the white shirt to go underneath, then I could make a little orange vest with the big gold button and the yellow aster, and of course buy a pair of light green pants. Somehow I need to figure out the things for the top of the shoes.

Then I thought Tinkerbell would be cute for the flower girl, a costume should be easy to find for this, I just want to make sure it isn't too cheesy, I want her to look cute, not like she insisted on wearing her Halloween costume.

What do you girls think? I want honest opinions please

thats so nice your Dad said that, about if you marrying the right man! aw!

Oooh i hope you make some of the shirts soon...it would be great to see, it sounds like you know what youre doing so they will definately look nice! Im not crafty at all- i'd make an absolute mess of everything! hehe!!

awww definately get him a top hat! that would be too cute!

i was thinking about getting my bridesmaids dresses that looked like fairy dresses - and if they wanted to add wings, then i dont think i would mid that much because i will get them wands instead of flowers too.

thats so nice your Dad said that, about if you marrying the right man! aw!

Oooh i hope you make some of the shirts soon...it would be great to see, it sounds like you know what youre doing so they will definately look nice! Im not crafty at all- i'd make an absolute mess of everything! hehe!!
He is a sweetheart and I am so lucky.
I am planning on trying to pick up some supplies to try out the shirt idea either Sunday or Monday...I will post some pics as soon as I get something done, so you girls can see what you think.
awww definately get him a top hat! that would be too cute!

i was thinking about getting my bridesmaids dresses that looked like fairy dresses - and if they wanted to add wings, then i dont think i would mid that much because i will get them wands instead of flowers too.
I had one girl comment on the main page that she thought no one would recognize that he was Jiminy, but I think it would be cute, and since the $1200 for characters at the reception is a lot too much, it would give me a little character fix. Besides, if you can't get away with that at a Disney wedding, where can you? I think the Tinkerbell outfit will be so cute, love the idea of bridesmaid fairies, and it will save a bunch on flowers to do the wands too...great idea!princess:

Today we went out to Tyler to see what I could come up with for my gift certificate I had received and we found a great little head piece with feathers and a flower and lots of sparkle that will be perfect for wearing to my reception since my veil will be too long, but so far, I can't find a pic, so as soon as I can get my hands on one, I will add it for you all.
We also went to this great invitation shop called Paper Capers and the ladies there were awesome. In the end, we decided on this one...I love the fairy tale feel. This is just a sample of it I found online, not ours as it isn't ready yet.
d33e8ff3.jpg

345ac441.jpg

I will keep everyone posted as I keep going along, I am pretty proud of myself so far, 11+ months to go and I have a lot done I think. Can't wait for my planning trip, I will feel super accomplished then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter