Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seen somewhere that by the new year they are hoping to have magic bands rolled in full force .... Has anyone else herd that?

a few years back we requested a microwave for our room and housekeeping brought one over, they did say there could be a 15 dollar a night fee but in the end they never charged us for it.Only did that once so cant say for sure its still something you can request or not.:confused3

We received our "you may not have a working fridge in your room" form letter from Disney yesterday. We check into CBR the last full week of September.

Our Plan B is to pack a soft-sided cooler in our luggage since we are flying down.

Thanks to all the posters who continue to fill us in on their respective "fridge adventures". :thumbsup2

I'm trying to read thru the thread about CBR, but I don't know if my Qs are even there. If you have a chance to respond to my questions, that would be great. We are going in October, and now it's time to start planning. :rotfl2:

1. Is there storage under the beds for luggage?

No storage area underneath the beds. We put our luggage between the bench and the dresser and in the closet area.

2. How many outlets are in one room, and where are they located?

There is one near the sink, one near the bed, one behind the nightstand, one near the table and one behind the dresser. I think that's all of them. We bring along a multi-plug similar to this for the bathroom:

socket-1.jpg

and a power strip or two similar to the picture below so that we can charge all of our electronics at once:

belkin-6-power-strip.jpg

3. Is there a rope line in the shower or bathroom to hang up wet things?

Yes there is.

4. Can you get extra pillows and/or towels?

You sure can. Simply call housekeeping on your room phone.

5. Do you leave tips for housekeeping?

I do tip but there are others that do not. I make mousekeeping envelopes before we leave and have the money already in them before we go. I put one out each morning. There are three of us and we are pretty neat travelers so I only tip $1.00 per day per person.

6. I've seen in some photos that there's a coffee pot with some coffee and condiments. Are these replaced everyday, complimentary?

They are provided by housekeeping. If you do not have enough, call housekeeping from your room phone.

7. It looks like the refrigerator will hold a quart of milk. Would it hold a half gallon size container?

We had a half gallon of milk, a half gallon of tea, bottles of water and canned drinks in the fridge all at once. We did have to do a little maneuvering to get it all in but it worked.

8. Is there a microwave in the room or in the food court for use?

No microwaves in the room but there are at least two in the food court for guests to use.

9. Does the food court serve Coke or Pepsi fountain products? What about bottled products?

Coke products are found both in bottles and in the drink fountains. There are also teas, coffee and hot chocolate as well as lemonade and I believe PowerAde.

10. Can you use the refillable containers for coffee, tea, juice as well as sodas?

See answer to number 9 above.

11. I read on the Disney website that the food court opens at 7 a.m. Is it hard getting thru the lines, eat, bus and to the park by 8 am?

We aren't big breakfast eaters but I have been in the food court when they open and the crowds vary. Having said that, the times that we have eaten breakfast, we never had long lines.

Thanks for the "mousekeeping tip envelope" idea mickeystoontown! I had never thought of that. Until I read these boards, I would only leave a housekeeping tip at the end of our trip (non-WDW hotels). It never occurred to me that a room could have a different housekeeper each day throughout your stay.

Thanks for the "mousekeeping tip envelope" idea mickeystoontown! I had never thought of that. Until I read these boards, I would only leave a housekeeping tip at the end of our trip (non-WDW hotels). It never occurred to me that a room could have a different housekeeper each day throughout your stay.

You are welcome! I know that during some of our stays, our housekeeper has changed mid-trip. I found some really cute mousekeeping envelope designs here: http://www.themouseforless.com/downloads/trip/mousekeeping.shtml

There are some great mousekeepers envelopes at wdwprepschool.com. I have made 5 of them, one for each night we are there. Putting $5 in each envelope. We are a family of 4 but are very neat people. I have them filled already so I just have to lay one out each day during our stay next month.

There are some great mousekeepers envelopes at wdwprepschool.com. I have made 5 of them, one for each night we are there. Putting $5 in each envelope. We are a family of 4 but are very neat people. I have them filled already so I just have to lay one out each day during our stay next month.

Thanks for the website. I'll definitely check it out. I'm always on the lookout for new mousekeeping envelope designs.

Your welcome! She has a great website and is extremely friendly and helpful!

Thank you both for the websites! I had yet to come across these. I am definitely making my own mousekeeping envelopes.

Something tells me that I am not the only one with a planning binder solely devoted to a Disney trip! ;)

Thank you both for the websites! I had yet to come across these. I am definitely making my own mousekeeping envelopes.

Something tells me that I am not the only one with a planning binder solely devoted to a Disney trip! ;)

Our next trip will be our 20th to Disney and I still get giddy working on our plans. I have a notebook used solely for the purpose of keeping up with all things Disney.

We received our "you may not have a working fridge in your room" form letter from Disney yesterday. We check into CBR the last full week of September.

Our Plan B is to pack a soft-sided cooler in our luggage since we are flying down.

Thanks to all the posters who continue to fill us in on their respective "fridge adventures". :thumbsup2

I've gone back a few pages and it looks like some of the refrigerators at the CBR have been replaced, right? When will this resort be done? I check in on 9/24 and would like to have a refrigerator.

stencill said:
I seen somewhere that by the new year they are hoping to have magic bands rolled in full force .... Has anyone else herd that?

That's the plan as far as I know.

No you are not the only one. I have a binder and just ordered an agenda from "get down to disness" that I love!!! Both are coming with me to disney and the agenda will be going in my park bag!

dhorner233 said:
I've gone back a few pages and it looks like some of the refrigerators at the CBR have been replaced, right? When will this resort be done? I check in on 9/24 and would like to have a refrigerator.

Nobody knows for sure.

That's good to know, Thank you for the reply. We have preferred room so will be in Martinique or Trinidad North. Anybody know about these areas yet??

TIA:)

We are in Trinidad North right now. Our room had a fridge. The 2 rooms our friends have next to us did not have working fridges. Our friends each called to ask about the $15 per night refund and were told a fridge would be delivered. Both rooms now have fridges! If you do not have a fridge inquire about a refund and you will have one. The front desk told us there were no extra fridges until we asked for the $15.

We are in Trinidad North right now. Our room had a fridge. The 2 rooms our friends have next to us did not have working fridges. Our friends each called to ask about the $15 per night refund and were told a fridge would be delivered. Both rooms now have fridges! If you do not have a fridge inquire about a refund and you will have one. The front desk told us there were no extra fridges until we asked for the $15.

Thanks for the info and the tip!!

We do the Mousekeeping envelopes too. I don't have a printer so last time we went I just took regular white envelopes and decorated them with Disney stickers. We are a family of 4 so I have $4.00 in each envelope. Every morning before we leave I just put one on the table and out we go. We are pretty clean as well, I am one of those crazy people that makes the beds when we get up, I know they are just going to strip them down but I still do it. :rolleyes1

I make my envelopes ahead of time and put money in them so that when we leave for Disney the envelopes are already to go. That way I don't have to take money out of my precious souvenir money once we are at the parks. :thumbsup2

We do the Mousekeeping envelopes too. I don't have a printer so last time we went I just took regular white envelopes and decorated them with Disney stickers. We are a family of 4 so I have $4.00 in each envelope. Every morning before we leave I just put one on the table and out we go. We are pretty clean as well, I am one of those crazy people that makes the beds when we get up, I know they are just going to strip them down but I still do it. :rolleyes1

I make my envelopes ahead of time and put money in them so that when we leave for Disney the envelopes are already to go. That way I don't have to take money out of my precious souvenir money once we are at the parks. :thumbsup2

You sound like my Mama. She makes up her bed, tidies up the bathroom, etc. before ever leaving her room. We are neat travelers but I don't do all that. :rotfl:

I loved having all of my envelopes all pre-filled and ready to put out. Saved a lot of time and, like you, I knew that I wasn't taking away from my souvenir money.:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter