Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa!! I'm back at CBR for October finally!!! After calling for three weeks- finally got it granted so now DH will be happy with me and let me go back again!! Lol!! He just thinks it looks more " us" than POR.. I requested corner room in Jamaica... Good choice or would I be happier with Martinique?

I apologize if this has been addressed before but wondering if CBR has new door entry device?

I also saw a previous post that there are no refridges? Is this true for the entire resort? We need a fridge.

I apologize if this has been addressed before but wondering if CBR has new door entry device?

I also saw a previous post that there are no refridges? Is this true for the entire resort? We need a fridge.

Yes, the doors are RFID now.

All resorts have had to have their fridges replaced after one caught fire. They are in the process of being replaced now, but estimate from Disney is that they won't all be done for another 2 months. If you need one for medical reasons they have a few of a different type on hand that you can request.

Does anyone happen to know if CBR has been announced as one of the hotels included in Fast Pass+ at all later this year? I know it hasn't been included to date, but I'm wondering about November or December? I'm helping so many people right now book their fast pass+ (staying at POR and AOA next month), that it has me excited to try it myself. Our trip is in December, staying at CBR. Thanks!

There have been no reports of the Magic Bands at the CBR yet. I'd suggest that you keep your eyes and ears on the Disboards as I am sure that someone will post as soon as they hear something.

Lisa!! I'm back at CBR for October finally!!! After calling for three weeks- finally got it granted so now DH will be happy with me and let me go back again!! Lol!! He just thinks it looks more " us" than POR.. I requested corner room in Jamaica... Good choice or would I be happier with Martinique?

Yay! I'm so excited for you! Why not ask for a room in Martinique and then your second request as a corner room and Jamaica? Just make sure that you put your requests in the order of importance to you. If it were me, I'd ask for a village first and then corner room second.

No need to apologize. The Dis is a great place for getting your questions answered.

To unlock the doors, you simply have to tap your KTTW card on them. It's so convenient.

Disney is replacing all of the fridges in the resorts. Some have posted that their CBR rooms had a fridge and then others have posted that their room either had a fridge with a note saying not to plug it in or they had no fridge at all. Some guests asked for a $15.00 per night credit to their account and were either given the creidt or given a fridge.

We were in Jamaica 46...had a corner room and it was awesome! So close to the bus stop.

Does anyone have a photo of a corner room? I know I have seen one before but of course now that I'm searching for it I can't find it.

Much appreciated! Go Disboards:banana:

I used google images to find these pictures of the corner rooms. Some still have the pre-nemo décor:

Caribbean%20057.jpg

disney-s-caribbean-beach.jpg

watermark.php

corner-room-windows-there.jpg

I am staying at CBR from Oct 18th to the 29th with my DH, DD 7 and DD 5. We have a preferred room booking. For those who have stayed there what building would you recommend and what rooms? I know there are no elevators. Are the second floor rooms quieter than the first floor? Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated. Can't wait. First visit for me in almost 30 years and first visit for the rest of the family.

We also arrive on 18th!! See you there! So excited! :-)

Thanks Lisa!!! :)

Well, do you think I would be happier with Martinque or Jamaica? I guess I should have said the village first.. Just want to be closest to OPR and hopefully the main pool?? I can put this in my online check in requests!

My boys are going to FREAK over the pirate ship!!??? I CANT WAIT!!

We are heading over to Caribbean Beach Resort Friday September 7th - Sunday September 8th. This is our first time staying at the resort. This was a somewhat last minute trip booked just today to celebrate my fathers birthday... we are AP and are coming over to enjoy the waterparks. We just booked the cheapest standard view rooms.

Where is the ideal location? I dont want it to be noisy but I would like to be close to things. I wanted to put in some requests... I know no guarantee.

Also, are there refridgerators in the rooms? We are ordering a cake to be delivered.

Thanks!!!

We are heading over to Caribbean Beach Resort Friday September 7th - Sunday September 8th. This is our first time staying at the resort. This was a somewhat last minute trip booked just today to celebrate my fathers birthday... we are AP and are coming over to enjoy the waterparks. We just booked the cheapest standard view rooms.

Where is the ideal location? I dont want it to be noisy but I would like to be close to things. I wanted to put in some requests... I know no guarantee.

Also, are there refridgerators in the rooms? We are ordering a cake to be delivered.

Thanks!!!

Hi, we stayed in Barbados a couple of years ago. To be honest it's an easy walk round the lake to the main pool and eating areas. They do have a fridge in the room but its not big.
Have fun so jealous, I'm back out in may 2014

2012DisneyWorldBride said:

Thanks!!!

The fridges on the entire property are currently being replaced due to a defect in one that caused a fire, so you are not guaranteed one. They have some for medical reasons they will give, but for food unless they have extras or you are lucky enough to get a room where a new one has already put in, you won't have one. They will keep any food in their fridges for guests that have ordered some already.

We normally go in September and stay in a cabin at the Fort. My husband realized he has off New Year's and says, let's go to Disney! Woohoo. To keep costs down, we were going to do a value resort but after more checking, realized CBR would be perfect. From what I've heard, the parks may be too crowded for us to handle on New Year's Eve day so I wanted a resort with lots to do. Looking forward to it & grateful for this thread. :thumbsup2

Wow! It's taken me weeks but I've gotten through this while thread! Thank you all so much for all of the information! So many of my questions about CBR have been answered! I do have just a few more though!
We've had lots of trips to Disney but this is our first stay at CBR. We have booked a pirate room and requested ground floor with a fridge. Also, I booked a ghost reservation at pop the night before our stay. So we have our magic bands and fp+ booked for our entire stay. I will try to report back if they actually do end up working at CBR!

1. Is their free wifi in the rooms at this point? Previously I had to pay to use Internet in the room.

2. We are flying out of sfd so we won't be using magical express. Will the front desk be able to print my boarding pass for me?

3. I love the monorail. I'm thinking that on our MK days we might drive or bus to Epcot then take the monorail loop up to mk. Is that totally weird of me? Anyone foresee any problems doing this? Lol

Again, thank you all for all the pictures/info on this thread! My family is very excited about CBR!

At this point, do you have to put in a fridge request as well? My youngest still has a bottle and I know he will wake up and want his milk . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter