Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
A silly question, but...

How do you pronounce "Caribbean" Beach Resort?

Do you say Ca-RIB-ean or Cari-BEE-an ?

How do they pronounce it when they say "Welcome to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort" upon your arrival?

Just curious! I want to be saying it right when I get there in August! I tend to say Ca-RIB-ean, but have noticed other people saying it the other way. (I think I do say Pirates of the CariBEEan, but for some reason the resort comes out easier the other way.)

I say the latter. But, EVERYONE says it differently, including the people working at CBR.

Hi there- I looked, but couldn't find, for where would be the best building or area to request if we wanted to be close to the food court/ main pool area. Sorry if this has been asked a million times. ;)

Hi there- I looked, but couldn't find, for where would be the best building or area to request if we wanted to be close to the food court/ main pool area. Sorry if this has been asked a million times. ;)

That would be a "preferred" room and it costs extra. (Martinique or Trinidad North)

Are there pirate rooms on the 1st floor? Are the bus stops near the pirate rooms?

Yes, there are POTC rooms on the first and second floor. All of them being in Trinidad South. If you want a 1st floor, you would want to make that request on your reservation. There is a bus stop right in the middle of TS, so you will be close to one.

A silly question, but...

How do you pronounce "Caribbean" Beach Resort?

Do you say Ca-RIB-ean or Cari-BEE-an ?

How do they pronounce it when they say "Welcome to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort" upon your arrival?

Just curious! I want to be saying it right when I get there in August! I tend to say Ca-RIB-ean, but have noticed other people saying it the other way. (I think I do say Pirates of the CariBEEan, but for some reason the resort comes out easier the other way.)

In my experience the bus drivers and all CM's have pronounced it Ca-RIB-ean. That's also how I say it. Opposite of how I (and I think most people) say Pirates of the Cari-BEE-an! pirate:

When I was at CSR a few years ago there was a van that took people checking in to their rooms. Is that no longer true? Do you now have to take the internal bus to get to your room upon arrival? How about getting to the Hospitality House to check out your last day? The DME check in desk is still in the Hospitality House isn't it?:confused3

We arrived on the DME bus (without our luggage). After checking in about 10:30 am, we were told to use the internal bus vs the bell services van. They may have told us to take the internal bus due to bell services was busy with morning pick ups for the guests leaving. We didn't have our luggage since we arrived on the DME bus, it was delivered later by bell services directly to our room.

Sorry about the confusion,
Amy

I check in this Saturday for two weeks! We have 3 Birthdays, several first timers to DisneyWorld and we will be having our wedding at Disney's Wedding Pavillion 3 Aug! Can't wait to get there :cool1:

Is anybody else going to be there at the same time?

I may be staying at CBR in September and have a question.
Does CBR have flat screen (LCD) tv's in all the rooms?? I know this may sound trivial but it will be football season and some things are really important to my hubby.

That would be a "preferred" room and it costs extra. (Martinique or Trinidad North)

Thank you- I did know that I can pay for a preferred room, but sometimes I've just requested to be near the main area and got it w/o paying extra. I guess it's a gamble. :goodvibes

I check in this Saturday for two weeks! We have 3 Birthdays, several first timers to DisneyWorld and we will be having our wedding at Disney's Wedding Pavillion 3 Aug! Can't wait to get there :cool1:

We will be there 7/31 to 8/7 in a pirate room :)

Thanks for all the answers to my questions and MOMOF2DISNEYBOYS your video is priceless. I enjoyed it. I have been trying to get my son to make one of ours from last sept. 1 more question, how does the food court compare to the one at POR. We are tentatively planning on going the week after Thanksgiving. If anyone has pictures of the CBR at Christmas I'd love to see them. Thanks again for all the answers.

What time does the pool close at CBR? Does the main pool close later than the quiet pools?

Also is the food court at OPR open 24 hrs? If not, when does it open/close?

The van took us & our luggage to our room upon arrival and from our room when we were ready to check out. (Both times we stayed there - 2005 & 2009) I'm pretty sure it's still the same! When we checked in we were told we couldn't take the internal shuttle with luggage.

We arrived on the DME bus (without our luggage). After checking in about 10:30 am, we were told to use the internal bus vs the bell services van. They may have told us to take the internal bus due to bell services was busy with morning pick ups for the guests leaving. We didn't have our luggage since we arrived on the DME bus, it was delivered later by bell services directly to our room.

Sorry about the confusion,
Amy

Thanks! We'll have our carryons and personal items and just wondered if we'd have to take them on the internal bus.

Have a great time! :goodvibes

Does CBR have flat screen (LCD) tv's in all the rooms?? I know this may sound trivial but it will be football season and some things are really important to my hubby.

Last time I was there (early 2009) the TV was flat screen, but not flat panel.

Thanks for all the answers to my questions and MOMOF2DISNEYBOYS your video is priceless. I enjoyed it. I have been trying to get my son to make one of ours from last sept. 1 more question, how does the food court compare to the one at POR. We are tentatively planning on going the week after Thanksgiving. If anyone has pictures of the CBR at Christmas I'd love to see them. Thanks again for all the answers.

Glad you enjoyed the video! That was my first time making one, I was happy with how it turned out. :goodvibes

The food court is very similar to POR's. There are some different choices at each, but a lot of it is the same. CBR's stations are in a straight line, whereas POR's are kind of more in a half circle. But it's the same set up as far as ordering, paying, etc. Both are very good!

What time does the pool close at CBR? Does the main pool close later than the quiet pools?

Also is the food court at OPR open 24 hrs? If not, when does it open/close?

I believe the quiet pools are open 24 hours. At the main pool it seems to vary. When we were last there the pool hours were 10am-11pm. Others have reported different times.

I don't think the food court is open all night. I believe it opens at 6:00am and closes at maybe 11 or 12. . . But I'm not exactly sure on that. . . Someone else probably knows for sure.

Yes, there are flat screens and some stations were really nice digital programs. Food court not open all nite. Pools open really late and don't think there is any restriction at quiet pools. But the quiet pools are VERY WARM right now, warmer than the big one. We just got back Saturday from CBR. :goodvibes

We were there back in Feb. of this year and we stayed in Martinique and our TV was a high def LCD tv. Maybe 3 inches thick.

I hope we run into each other! :thumbsup2

You can't miss us. We're an odd looking family. My husband is 6'2" and average weight and blonde. I'm 5'4" and very Pooh sized with dark brown hair and we have a red headed kid who makes lots of weird noises (autism and tics from a disorder called PANDAS). LOL

Ok we just upgrade to CBR. This is a done deal! LOL
We are just more comfortable with the rooms at the moderates. We talk to dd and just explained that this is everyone's trip and we all want to be happy. She was fine giving up pop.

Can you get a cot and how much are they? It would only be for 2 nights as I'm sure my step son doesn't want to sleep with his sister. He can only get off work for 2 nights. So I'm not sure if I can get the cot for 2 nights or do I have to keep it the entire 9 nights.

We are staying at the CBR August 17-29. Our last stay at the CBR was in 2003. I have showed my grandson who is two the kids pool, and he is really excited about the pool. Also, the day we arrive is my granddaughters 1st Birthday. Can't think of a better place to celebrate it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter