Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by safetymom, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MickeysMommy

MickeysMommy <font color="green">Mickey is my cat<br>He sits on

I say the latter. But, EVERYONE says it differently, including the people working at CBR.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. nessz79

nessz79 DIS Veteran

Hi there- I looked, but couldn't find, for where would be the best building or area to request if we wanted to be close to the food court/ main pool area. Sorry if this has been asked a million times. ;)

4. MickeysMommy

MickeysMommy <font color="green">Mickey is my cat<br>He sits on

That would be a "preferred" room and it costs extra. (Martinique or Trinidad North)

5. Momof2Disneyboys

Momof2Disneyboys DIS Veteran

Yes, there are POTC rooms on the first and second floor. All of them being in Trinidad South. If you want a 1st floor, you would want to make that request on your reservation. There is a bus stop right in the middle of TS, so you will be close to one.

In my experience the bus drivers and all CM's have pronounced it Ca-RIB-ean. That's also how I say it. Opposite of how I (and I think most people) say Pirates of the Cari-BEE-an! pirate:

6. WIMom

WIMom Favorite line from Phineas and Ferb "A stunning la

We arrived on the DME bus (without our luggage). After checking in about 10:30 am, we were told to use the internal bus vs the bell services van. They may have told us to take the internal bus due to bell services was busy with morning pick ups for the guests leaving. We didn't have our luggage since we arrived on the DME bus, it was delivered later by bell services directly to our room.

Sorry about the confusion,
    Amy

7. Brit_Jude

Brit_Jude DIS Veteran

I check in this Saturday for two weeks! We have 3 Birthdays, several first timers to DisneyWorld and we will be having our wedding at Disney's Wedding Pavillion 3 Aug! Can't wait to get there :cool1:

Is anybody else going to be there at the same time?

8. fairyfan

fairyfan Mouseketeer

I may be staying at CBR in September and have a question.
    Does CBR have flat screen (LCD) tv's in all the rooms?? I know this may sound trivial but it will be football season and some things are really important to my hubby.

9. nessz79

nessz79 DIS Veteran

Thank you- I did know that I can pay for a preferred room, but sometimes I've just requested to be near the main area and got it w/o paying extra. I guess it's a gamble. :goodvibes

10. ratlenhum

ratlenhum DIS Veteran

We will be there 7/31 to 8/7 in a pirate room :)

11. momminnie

momminnie DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the answers to my questions and MOMOF2DISNEYBOYS your video is priceless. I enjoyed it. I have been trying to get my son to make one of ours from last sept. 1 more question, how does the food court compare to the one at POR. We are tentatively planning on going the week after Thanksgiving. If anyone has pictures of the CBR at Christmas I'd love to see them. Thanks again for all the answers.

12. mcd2745

mcd2745 These Mickey pretzels are making me thirsty!

What time does the pool close at CBR? Does the main pool close later than the quiet pools?

Also is the food court at OPR open 24 hrs? If not, when does it open/close?

13. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

Thanks! We'll have our carryons and personal items and just wondered if we'd have to take them on the internal bus.

14. Momof2Disneyboys

Momof2Disneyboys DIS Veteran

Have a great time! :goodvibes

Last time I was there (early 2009) the TV was flat screen, but not flat panel.

Glad you enjoyed the video! That was my first time making one, I was happy with how it turned out. :goodvibes

The food court is very similar to POR's. There are some different choices at each, but a lot of it is the same. CBR's stations are in a straight line, whereas POR's are kind of more in a half circle. But it's the same set up as far as ordering, paying, etc. Both are very good!

I believe the quiet pools are open 24 hours. At the main pool it seems to vary. When we were last there the pool hours were 10am-11pm. Others have reported different times.

I don't think the food court is open all night. I believe it opens at 6:00am and closes at maybe 11 or 12. . . But I'm not exactly sure on that. . . Someone else probably knows for sure.

15. jmpurdy

jmpurdy DIS Veteran

Yes, there are flat screens and some stations were really nice digital programs. Food court not open all nite. Pools open really late and don't think there is any restriction at quiet pools. But the quiet pools are VERY WARM right now, warmer than the big one. We just got back Saturday from CBR. :goodvibes

16. mom2taylorandemily

mom2taylorandemily Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney..

We are getting so close, 30 days today!!! My kids are so excited!:yay:

17. Brit_Jude

Brit_Jude DIS Veteran

I hope we run into each other! :thumbsup2

18. shmedly123

shmedly123 Mouseketeer

We were there back in Feb. of this year and we stayed in Martinique and our TV was a high def LCD tv. Maybe 3 inches thick.

19. ratlenhum

ratlenhum DIS Veteran

You can't miss us. We're an odd looking family. My husband is 6'2" and average weight and blonde. I'm 5'4" and very Pooh sized with dark brown hair and we have a red headed kid who makes lots of weird noises (autism and tics from a disorder called PANDAS). LOL

20. KELLY

KELLY DIS Veteran

Ok we just upgrade to CBR. This is a done deal! LOL
    We are just more comfortable with the rooms at the moderates. We talk to dd and just explained that this is everyone's trip and we all want to be happy. She was fine giving up pop.

Can you get a cot and how much are they? It would only be for 2 nights as I'm sure my step son doesn't want to sleep with his sister. He can only get off work for 2 nights. So I'm not sure if I can get the cot for 2 nights or do I have to keep it the entire 9 nights.

21. tinawv

tinawv If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in W

We are staying at the CBR August 17-29. Our last stay at the CBR was in 2003. I have showed my grandson who is two the kids pool, and he is really excited about the pool. Also, the day we arrive is my granddaughters 1st Birthday. Can't think of a better place to celebrate it! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.