Camera Bag

Lightroom 3 or Aperture 3

• Lightroom 3

• Aperture 3

Results are only viewable after voting.
Another vote for a Thinktank. While the link here shows it as a "holster" bag, it also comes with a comfortable strap for use over the shoulder. The bottom unzips to hold a 70-200. Well made and happy with it.

I use it with a Nikon D700 and either a 70-200 or a 24-70 (with hood mounted). With either lens there is more than enough room.

I have a Crumpler 5mil and 7mil. Neither of these bags will fit my 70-200 2.8 mounted. The 5mil won't even fit my 24-70 2.8 mounted. The 7mil will hold the 70-200 unmounted. If the OP has a 70-200 f4, the 7mil may be an option.

The 7MDH fits the 70-200 f4 mounted w/o any issues. The Crumpler 7MDH is now my daily bag while my Fastpack 300 is my travel bag now.

I am truly amazed at how much printing photos are with Disney's Photopass. They are exponentially more expensive that printing them at your local Target, Walmart, Walgreens, or other photo place.

The only reason I would ever consider print a photo from there is if the one photo is so incredible cute and I don't have one of it.

But with so many people having DSLRs or even point and shoots, who relies on the Photopass photographers for their Disney photos?

And if they lowered the price of printing to actually be competitive with other retailers, how many people would upload their own photos and print through Disney Photopass?

I only purchase the printed photo if it is something special (character meal, etc.) that I don't have or can't get. I do purchase the CD and this last time we did the book. I used some of theirs, but mostly mine for that. Because I am the sherpa and take most of our vacation pics (the DW does have her own DSLR, just doesn't like to carry it), I'm in very few, if any. The only way I am in any pics is with photopass. For my printing, I use Snapfish or we print it ourselves.

On our 25th anniversary trip without kids, we used photopass so we could both be in our vacation photos. I was hesitant to be repeatedly handing over my DSLR (which was brandnew for our trip) to photopass photographers.

We did have over 200 photos on our CD (many of them very similar photos), prepurchased for $99. For that trip, it was well worth it to us for the CD because we had less than a dozen photos of us over a 25 year marriage!

I have also bought a few so I could have at least a photo or 2 with myself in it. They are expensive compared to my own photos but worth it to me. I have one of my 2 kids and I in front of the Tree of Life and another of myself, my kids, my parents, my niece and nephew on Main St:goodvibes that I wouldn't have ordinarily have gotten myself, as I am also the family photographer and rarely in any pictures. On more than 1 occasion I have been asked if I was sure I was even on the trip!

I Pre-purchased the CD For My Trip 2 weeks ago. Since I prepurchsed it we Stalked Photopass Photographers and wound up with 298 Photos for the CD. For me it's Great Because I'm a Crazy Scrapbooker and wind up cutting the photos wrong the first time, I can just reprint them with the CD. It's also pretty nice to acctually be in some of the Vacation Photos :rotfl2: I'll also be able to cheap out and use one of them on my Christmas card this year with out having to Purchse through Photopass.

I've pre-purchased a CD at $99 as well for my trip in May. We came back and by the time we were done with edits, there was well over 500 pictures on the CD. I found it beneficial because we now have so many pictures of the entire family during that vacation; rather than having one member of the family out of the picture being the photographer.

One of the side benefits I found about using the Photopass Photographer was that SOME of them VOLUNTEERED to take photos from my camera after they had taken their shots. I rarely asked a PP to take a shot from my camera and only handed it over when they initiated the discussion. So, in my cases, I had a very similar shot in my collection to that taken by them.

Think Tank has introduced an interesting new line of sling bags - Sling-O-Matic 20. I haven't personally used any Think Tank bags or gear, but I know several people that have and they all love it. I was always interested in the Lowepro sling bags, but none seemed large enough. The Sling-O-Matic 30 might be just the ticket. One of you should buy it and tell me how you like it. ;)

If it weren't for the laptop requirement, I'd have several suggestions. With that, the only ones I'm familiar with that are well liked are the Think Tank models like this one. While I don't own any of their bags, I have friends that do and they love the stuff.

If it weren't for the laptop requirement, I'd have several suggestions. With that, the only ones I'm familiar with that are well liked are the Think Tank models like this one. While I don't own any of their bags, I have friends that do and they love the stuff.

Thanks for the link Mark...another one to think about.

I have the biggest loewpro stealth reporter. I like it, except I've out grown it and I don't know it will keep all your lenses.

Personally, I like Petrol Bags, especially the PCAB3R which is my goto onsite bag, but they are EXPENSIVE and are BIG!!! They have smaller bags too. Now petrol makes some of the best video camera bags and they are not photography but rather video-ography bags, but I LOVE mine!

I don't know if you like shoulder bags but check out Lowepro Magnum.
I have the 200 and it comes in a 400 and 650. The 650 is made to hold a laptop.

I highly recommend the NAneu pro u220 it will hold more and also has wheels, when hauling that much gear a rolling bag is a great thing to have,

I can verify naneu pros lifetime warranty and customer service, I had an older model naneu pro bag, one of the wheels broke, I contacted them to see if they could replace the wheel or if it was something I could do my self, they reminded me of the lifetime warranty, and told me all I had to do was send the bag to them and they would send me a new one,, then they realized the model I had was discontinued so they asked for my phone number, called me and explained they had a newer model and asked if that would be Ok, they sent me pictures of the new and much improved bag, { because it wasn't even listed on their web page yet, I have the first one available to the public}so I sent my bag and in a few days I had the new bag in my possession.

It is awesome, the wheels are now inline skate.skateboard wheels and from the looks of it could easily be changed if needed..

B& h has photos or www.naneupro.com

or I have a series of photos of my bag and gear located here..

http://public.fotki.com/Mickey88/disboards-2/disboards/dscn0111.html

If interested in a backpack style bag, take a look at some of the Kata bags. I've got the R102 which can handle all the camera equipment (1 body, 7 lenses, flash, all accessories and chargers, etc) plus my netbook...the R103 version is a wee bit larger as it adds the laptop section with the same interior volume for camera equipment (I just wedge my little netbook right on top of the camera dividers - probably wouldn't want to do that with a laptop). Incredibly well armored and protective of all inside.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I am going to go with the Naneu Pro 217F. Seem like it will carry all my gear and has multiple configurations. Plus I like the lifetime warranty as attested to by MICKEY88. Thanks all.:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I am going to go with the Naneu Pro 217F. Seem like it will carry all my gear and has multiple configurations. Plus I like the lifetime warranty as attested to by MICKEY88. Thanks all.:thumbsup2

reading the specs on that bag, they only mention one body and several lenses..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter