Camera Bag

Lightroom 3 or Aperture 3

• Lightroom 3

• Aperture 3

Results are only viewable after voting.

BeautyLLM

<font color=blue>Beauty'ful!<br><font color=magent
Does anyone here have any experience with Crumpler photography bags or their website? The bags look pretty nice, and I need a new bag for my Christmas present from Santa Baby :cheer2:

Leslie..what a fun site! Now I want a crumpler!!!! I wonder if they are padded well?

I have a SLR and I use a smaller back pack from Tamarac. I love the no hands option when the camera is put away.

From what I understand, they are well padded. Because they don't look like a typical camera bag, they don't scream "there's a nice camera in here, come and get it!"

I am considering the 4 Million Dollar Home for my 20D and new lens.

I'm in the market for a new bag. I'm leaning toward getting the Tamrac Velocity 7 Sling Pak. I like that it's a back pack but that it swings around to the front for easy and quick access to your camera. I'm not planning on carrying much equipment with me, probably just a mini-tripod. I keep my Canon 28-135 on my camera and find it to be a great all-purpose lens.

I'd love to hear your experiences with camera bags!

i use a small Tamarac backpack and I love it. I love that I can be hands free without trying to keep a shoulder strap from sliding off. Taking it to disney next month.

I don't even carry a camera bag with me in the parks.

On my 35mm Canon Rebel G, I had a Sigma 28-200 lens, and that fit the bill as my walkaround lens, so I never bothered to get anything wider or longer. I carried my camera, with the 28-200, on a long cotton canvas strap.

I now have a Canon 300D. I haven't yet bought a longer zoom lens for it, so I have been using it with the 18-55 kit lens it came with, but I carry it on the same strap, in the same manner as my Rebel G.

My pocket tripod and IR remote shutter release hang on my utility belt, and I carry my Speedlite 200EX and a spare CF card in my pockets.

In my back pocket I carry a 1-gallon Ziploc bag with the lower corners snipped. This is my camera poncho; when it rains, or when I go on a wet ride, the camera goes into the bag, the clips of the strap go through the clipped corners, and the camera is totally safe from even the heaviest splashes.

When transporting the camera, I have a nice Quantaray bag that I got from Ritz ($20 on clearance) that fits all my equipment with room to spare. I also have a fabulous WDW shoulder camera bag that I got in the camera shop at MGM a few years ago. It's not the heaviest padded bag around, but it's just big enough for an SLR with one or two lenses and a few accessories.

I have used a vest in the past and it can be very convenient.

It's VERY important to get one in a light color with a mesh back for the heat of summer, otherwise it's like wearing a jacket in the hot Orlando sun.

I bought an Adorama Slinger bag and I love it. It is fairly low profile and allows me to take my D100, a 35-70mm f2.8 lens, a 17-55mm f2.8 lens, and a SB-800 flash unit. Best of all, it was offered in a left handed configuration. I wish it were just slightly taller so that I could take my 70-200mm f2.8 lens but I can life without the extra weight (my camera not me though I could lose a few pounds myself). I couldn't beat the price either, I got it for $36.95.

Jeff

I agree with those who mentioned a photographers vest, I have 2., one khaki and one black,

no need to carry a bag, never a need to find a safe place to sit it, it's great for going on rides....

this one is on ebay
vest2.jpg

I bought my black one on ebay for 24.95 and 12.00 shipping, it's the exact same make as my khaki one and I paid 39plus shipping for that one from LA POLICE GEAR,

both way cheaper than from a camera store...

For the last 8 years or so that I've had my N70 (new D50 should be arriving the end of this week) I have been using a fanny pack camera bag. Its made by Lowepro. The main part nicely fits the camera body and my Quantary bounce flash (or it could also fit the body with a 50mm or short zoom lens still attached). On each side of the main part is a lens pouch. One side fits my Quantary 28-80zoom with a lens hood and the other side tightly fits my Quantary 70-300zoom also with lens hood and cover.

It has served me well with trips around the world (Asia, Caribbean, England, Mexico and around the U.S. and Canada). I believed I got it at Ritz camera for around $20.

In this pic its hanging kind of low. I ended up tightening it more for a better fit. This is the best pic I have that I could find quickly.

591935-R1-12-12A.jpg

I just got a Quantaray DLX Digital holster. It can be used as a shoulder bag or a fanny pack. It is roomy enough for an extra lens. I love the padding and thes velcro straps inside. I re-positioned them to cover the viewer. It also comes with an extra card holder and has 3 pockets. My Rebel Xt with the 18-55 fits perfect with the batery pack on it. It will also hold the zoom as well. It also fits my sons Canon 20D with 17-85EF-S.

handicap18 said:
For the last 8 years or so that I've had my N70 (new D50 should be arriving the end of this week) I have been using a fanny pack camera bag. Its made by Lowepro. The main part nicely fits the camera body and my Quantary bounce flash (or it could also fit the body with a 50mm or short zoom lens still attached). On each side of the main part is a lens pouch. One side fits my Quantary 28-80zoom with a lens hood and the other side tightly fits my Quantary 70-300zoom also with lens hood and cover.

It has served me well with trips around the world (Asia, Caribbean, England, Mexico and around the U.S. and Canada). I believed I got it at Ritz camera for around $20.

In this pic its hanging kind of low. I ended up tightening it more for a better fit. This is the best pic I have that I could find quickly.

591935-R1-12-12A.jpg

I have the same one in black. It is the Lowepro Off Trail 1 or 2. My guess is yours is the 2 if it has other pouches other than the two lens cases and the main case. Very nice for parks. I carried mine around Seaworld for two days without a single complaint. Very easy to access the camera.

I've ended up using the Lowepro Orion Trekker most often. I like that it has a "regular backpack" space in the upper compartment for misc. stuff like sunscreen, poncho, small wallet, blister prevention/treatment, etc. I love the bag and use it a lot, but I do have two issues with the Trekker -

1. It took me a bit to get the feel for how to quickly get my camera (digital Rebel) in and out of the camera compartment. To be honest, I usually end up wearing my camera around my neck most of the time and putting it in the bag for rides as needed. My DH has gotten good at getting the camera out for me when I'm wearing the bag as well.

2. No place for my tripod. I wish I'd bought the model with straps for the tripod...

I did scotchguard my bag and have had no problems with stuff getting wet.

I use the Lowepro Nova 1 or 3 depending on how much I want to carry. The 3 has enough room to carry my Nikon D70, extra lens, external flash and still have room left over.

I just bought a new home for my e-volt 500. It's made by Crumpler. I found it through www.midwestbags.com.

I purchased the 5 million dollar home bag, up they have a wide varity including slings and b-packs.

I can honestly say they have the best looking bags and are made to the highest quality. Pictures don't do them justice.

Kim

Ratpack said:
I have the same one in black. It is the Lowepro Off Trail 1 or 2. My guess is yours is the 2 if it has other pouches other than the two lens cases and the main case. Very nice for parks. I carried mine around Seaworld for two days without a single complaint. Very easy to access the camera.

Mine just says Lowepro Off Trail. No number associated with it. The 2 lens pouches are removeable. Though I have never taken them off.

ImarriedGrumpy said:
I did scotchguard my bag and have had no problems with stuff getting wet.

Excellent idea. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!