BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just upgraded from Pop to CSR for our stay in May. This will be our first stay in anything other than a Value. We are excited about CSR!! I'm confused on something...are all of the beds now queen beds in the rooms with 2 beds? We have 2 DD (5 & 12) what section would be the best for us? We have a standard view room reserved. Thanks!!

I booked this morning for 10/1 - 10/7, waterview. I've been reading the posts and looking at the pics and getting excited about it!

Is there any building better to request in order not to get a pool view as our waterview room? Although, we've not had good luck with requests in the past, it never hurts to try, huh? Maybe the next time we'll get it.;)

Hi Everybody!

Sorry it has been awhile since my last post. Prior to my stay at CSR my car broke down and has been at the dealer now for three weeks. Some of you may recall I also had car problems when I went to Disney in September, seems like a re-occurring theme. So I have been pre-occupied with the drama of the real world!

Anyway, we stayed at Coronado 3/23-3/28/9. We were in Casitas one on the fourth floor and we had wonderful stay. I went with my best friend from up north and now he is now completely in love with Coronado too. He told me from now on our yearly trip to WDW must include a stay at Coronado. It was nice to see he enjoyed CSR as much as I do. Here are a few pics, I'll also post more to the pic thread!

Views from our room:

We have a standard room, water view...what section are they most likely to put us in? I did request Cabanas so I reallllly hope that they can meet that request. But if not, where do you think they might put us?
Thanks!

Sorry so slow in answering guys...I've got a sick dog and have been busy with her.

You either have a standard or you have a water view...they are not the same. Hopefully, you will get the Cabanas as you requested, but there are water view rooms in every section of the resort.

Kids getting older and some great deals have our family returning for the first time since 2001. We will be coming Aug 20th - 27th a little nervous about weather (heat, rain, hurricane potential) But 3 deals made it an offer we couldn't refuse

1. Non-stop round trip air to Sanford $140
  2. Weekly Car rental $210
  3. Free Disney Dine Plus Package

My boys are now 13 and 16. Trying to decide best location to request. I'm thinking Cabanas based on other posts but would like opinions based on my sons ages. Other questions I have or have seen unanswered on other posts:
  1. Other than soap and shampoo what other toiletries are supplied? Trying to avoid airport carryon restrictions
  2. anyone use the "jogging trail" or tredmills in the fitness center? My 16 yr old is captain of his high school XC team and will need to run while at CSR
  3. Are you allowed to bring a small cooler to the pool area? Mostly waters but maybe a beer or 2
  4. Any thoughts experiences on water craft rental?

Sorry to ask so much...kind of anal but I like to know what to expect now rather than figure out on the fly after we arrive.

With boys that age and if they are using the fitness center, I think Casitas 4 or 5 would be ideal as it is right by the fitness center/spa. With boys that age, I don't think the walking will matter to them wherever they put you. It is NOT as long as a walk as some people will have you believe.

I am sure you can bring your own small cooler to the pool. I don't see that this is a problem at all. You get shampoo, conditioner, lotion (sometimes), bath soap and bar soap for the sink.

Looking forward to our 5 night stay in May! Does anyone know the hours that the pool slide is usually open? We were hoping to be able to rent a surrey bike, but it looks like the marina is closed in May?? We have a waterview room booked and requested Cabanas 9A or 8B, but I am thinking of changing that to 8A or 8B as I prefer a view of the beach/water as opposed to the quiet pool. Thanks in advance for your reply!

The slide opens when the lifeguards come on duty and close when they go off duty. The marina is open certain weekends and holidays.

We just upgraded from Pop to CSR for our stay in May. This will be our first stay in anything other than a Value. We are excited about CSR!! I'm confused on something...are all of the beds now queen beds in the rooms with 2 beds? We have 2 DD (5 & 12) what section would be the best for us? We have a standard view room reserved. Thanks!!

Yes, the rooms all have queen beds where there were two beds, with the exception of the rooms they are still converting to king rooms.

I booked this morning for 10/1 - 10/7, waterview. I've been reading the posts and looking at the pics and getting excited about it!

Is there any building better to request in order not to get a pool view as our waterview room? Although, we've not had good luck with requests in the past, it never hurts to try, huh? Maybe the next time we'll get it.;)

I'm not sure if there is a better building to request in order to get a lake view. I believe that is just pixie dust happening. It can't hurt to ask if you could have a view of the lake when you check in.

Hi Everybody!

Sorry it has been awhile since my last post. Prior to my stay at CSR my car broke down and has been at the dealer now for three weeks. Some of you may recall I also had car problems when I went to Disney in September, seems like a re-occurring theme. So I have been pre-occupied with the drama of the real world!

Anyway, we stayed at Coronado 3/23-3/28/9. We were in Casitas one on the fourth floor and we had wonderful stay. I went with my best friend from up north and now he is now completely in love with Coronado too. He told me from now on our yearly trip to WDW must include a stay at Coronado. It was nice to see he enjoyed CSR as much as I do. Here are a few pics, I'll also post more to the pic thread!

Welcome back, Tink771. Glad you had another great stay at CSR. Thanks for the pictures. I'm sorry to hear about your car again. That is not fun at all.

For all of those that asked the best section to request, here is the list again to help you decide what to request (but remember...it is only a request and not a guarantee):

For adult couples, especially honeymooners or those celebrating anniversaries Casitas 4 or 5 with a water view is exceptional. Casita 4 has the quiet pool, fitness center, spa, salon, and both are close to bus stop #2.

For “leisure guests with children” here are some great locations; Cabana 8a, Rancho 7b, Cabana 8b, 9a, Rancho 6b, and 6a...in that order. Nearness to El Centro is usually of no importance to many guests. It's much more important to be close to the park bus stops and the “Dig Site”. Leisure guests may come to El Centro once or twice; but they will be at the buses twice a day (at least) and the pool often when they are at the resort.

For adults or large families who wish to be close to a park bus stop and to a “quieter pool” but are not interested in the theme pool, building 7a is great and has close proximity to parking.

Building 2 also is close to parking and usually one of the quietest buildings, especially from the 4th floor. The fourth floor of building actually includes part of the upper floors of building 3 and has easy access to the convention center by way of the elevator courtyard of building 1 (especially in a rainstorm).

In other words, there is no “best location for everyone”. Each building has its own plusses and minuses. The cast members will be happy to guide you into the building that fits your needs best……..if you let them know what those needs and expectations may be.

Also, for a reality check…….when there is a large convention……not everyone is going to get a room next to the convention center. In fact, most of the rooming blocks are set up by the group having the convention long before any of the convention guests arrive…… Sometimes, there is little cast member latitude on changing those assignments.

As always, if there are special needs that must be addressed, fax the resort a week before arrival. Be sure you are faxing to the resort and not to Walt Disney Travel Company, their booking agency. The resort cast is best able to accommodate special needs. Often guests call the reservation desk with these requests and do not understand that this is not the resort; but a central reservation desk for ALL of Walt Disney World. The fax number is available by calling Walt Disney World information and asking for the front desk operations fax number.

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge.

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building (closest to the pool).

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above (9a has a quiet pool).

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 1 is attached to the main building and is very close to the restaurants.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building. Close to bus stop #2.

DSC05854.jpg

DSC05880.jpg

DSC05888.jpg

Okay...so I took the plunge and changed our ressie from SSR to CSR. There were going to be 7 of us and now there are 9. So our 2 bedroom at SSR no longer worked and the THV did not appeal to our group.
Since there our 9 of us we are a GG. I booked all the ressies. We needed three rooms!! They all have different ressie #'s but are liked together with our GG number.

I am so nervous about this!!! The two other families that are coming along are 2 of my sisters and there families. There families have never been before.
I am an addict and am now feeling the pressure of everything needing to be perfect for them.

I have requested Ranchos 6A/B hoping that it will be quiet but still close enough for a couple of teens to easily get to the pool/arcade. Being near the food is not important.

I have requested that 2 of the three rooms connect. This way the Teens could watch the younger niece and put her to bed and still have a space of there own while the grown ups go out for a nice meal a couple of nights.
What are the chances of the third room being next door? It would be really nice if all the rooms were beside each other. View and floor level are not a factor.

Does anyone know if a double aerobed would fit by the window. I know I read that a single would fit. I am thinking that if I shoved the desk over to touch the bureau there might be enough room. Two teen DD's will not share a bed. The double fit in a 1 bdrm at SSR which is where we normally stay.

Is there anything that I am missing that I should be thinking of????

I am really looking forward to trying a new resort....I am just afraid of the unknown..espessially when others are relying on me:eek

Sorry to ramble....I am feeling very over whelmed today( I am trying to layout our ADR list as well!!!!)

Okay...so I took the plunge and changed our ressie from SSR to CSR. There were going to be 7 of us and now there are 9. So our 2 bedroom at SSR no longer worked and the THV did not appeal to our group.
Since there our 9 of us we are a GG. I booked all the ressies. We needed three rooms!! They all have different ressie #'s but are liked together with our GG number.

I am so nervous about this!!! The two other families that are coming along are 2 of my sisters and there families. There families have never been before.
I am an addict and am now feeling the pressure of everything needing to be perfect for them.

I have requested Ranchos 6A/B hoping that it will be quiet but still close enough for a couple of teens to easily get to the pool/arcade. Being near the food is not important.

I have requested that 2 of the three rooms connect. This way the Teens could watch the younger niece and put her to bed and still have a space of there own while the grown ups go out for a nice meal a couple of nights.
What are the chances of the third room being next door? It would be really nice if all the rooms were beside each other. View and floor level are not a factor.

Does anyone know if a double aerobed would fit by the window. I know I read that a single would fit. I am thinking that if I shoved the desk over to touch the bureau there might be enough room. Two teen DD's will not share a bed. The double fit in a 1 bdrm at SSR which is where we normally stay.

Is there anything that I am missing that I should be thinking of????

I am really looking forward to trying a new resort....I am just afraid of the unknown..espessially when others are relying on me:eek

Sorry to ramble....I am feeling very over whelmed today( I am trying to layout our ADR list as well!!!!)

Take a deep breath! Relax. You'll do great. Read reply #1059 on this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=30970613&highlight=crib#post30970613

Take a deep breath! Relax. You'll do great. Read reply #1059 on this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=30970613&highlight=crib#post30970613

Thanks...Katmark. You have actually already helped me out just from reading this entire thread!!!!:thumbsup2

I do not know how post #1059 helps me as I already stated that I knew a single would fit from JameLynn reply on a crib.
My question was if I shoved the desk over do you think a double would fit? I really do not want to buy another air mattress when I have already have a really good double.

Thanks...Katmark. You have actually already helped me out just from reading this entire thread!!!!:thumbsup2

I do not know how post #1059 helps me as I already stated that I knew a single would fit from JameLynn reply on a crib.
My question was if I shoved the desk over do you think a double would fit? I really do not want to buy another air mattress when I have already have a really good double.

Sorry...didn't realize that said twin. I've not seen the new rooms yet (they started the rehab after we were there), but I would imagine a double would fit if you move the ottomans and move the desk over. You might, in fact, just have to move the ottomans and the chair and put the mattress on an angle. Here's a slightly different view of the room. I think it will work.

viewofroomfrombathroomarea.jpg

Thanks....I do think that it will work. We might just need to work it a bit. During the day we will just fold up the linens and deflate the mattress. I love that the aerobed inflates and deflates in less than a minute!!!:thumbsup2
Also..I will bring linens for the aerobed but could I request a couple of pillows from Mousekeeping?
Just out of curiousity would a 15-20 minute stroll from the ranchos get me to el centro?
Do you know if you can use the gym after hours? BIL is SWAT and will need to workout even during his vacation:sad1:
I appreciate your input:thumbsup2

Thanks....I do think that it will work. We might just need to work it a bit. During the day we will just fold up the linens and deflate the mattress. I love that the aerobed inflates and deflates in less than a minute!!!:thumbsup2
Also..I will bring linens for the aerobed but could I request a couple of pillows from Mousekeeping?
Just out of curiousity would a 15-20 minute stroll from the ranchos get me to el centro?
Do you know if you can use the gym after hours? BIL is SWAT and will need to workout even during his vacation:sad1:
I appreciate your input:thumbsup2

There are usually extra pillows on the bed as well (I think there were six pillows on our king bed last year and four on each of the fulls the year before)as the rack in the bathroom. But I'm sure you could ask Mousekeeping for extras if you need them.
I think 15 minutes is about right. It really isn't that bad of a walk. The resort is so beautiful that I tend to forget how much time it takes me. But since it takes me five minutes from Casitas 5 and the Ranchos are next to Casitas 5 but back a little, I think 15 would be a good estimate.
I don't know about the gym after hours as we don't use it (I use the massage, but not the gym).

The slide opens when the lifeguards come on duty and close when they go off duty. The marina is open certain weekends and holidays.

Thanks for the reply! I am hoping the slide will be open in the evening after we get back from the parks!

The Fitness Center is 24-hours.
After 9pm and until about 6am, you have to use your room key to gain access as it will not be staffed. Between those times, you use it at your own risk.

The Fitness Center is 24-hours.
After 9pm and until about 6am, you have to use your room key to gain access as it will not be staffed. Between those times, you use it at your own risk.

Thank you:thumbsup2
One more question I can check off and transfer to my answered list!!:woohoo:

If BIL goes at an off hour I will have DH go and spot him!!

This is my first post but I've been visiting for a few months now preparing for my trip. We just got back this morning from a 4/3 trip and stayed at CSR.

Thanks to all of you, DH, DS (6) and I enjoyed our room on the ground floor of Cabanas 9A, close to the quiet pool and laundry, and just a quick walk from El Centro and the Dig Site. We were originally assigned a non-renovated room in Ranchos 7A but asked nicely and were moved to Cabanas at check-in. When we first booked, I picked deluxe for the queen beds since DH is 6'4" (started with CR, then changed to WL) but after reading this thread decided to save $1000 and move to CSR. We'd stayed there years ago, before kids, during a freezing Feb., and hadn't loved it - but this time it was terrific. Room was comfortable, Dig Site was fun, food at the Pepper Market was good (though the scavenger hunt style of ordering wasn't my favorite). The savings paid for our dining plan and nearly all the bells and whistles on our park tickets.

Also thanks to all the great tips on the boards, we were there during the busiest week of the year and never waited more than 10 minutes for any ride except two (my husband waited 30 minutes for Rock & Roller Coaster in the singles line and 20 minutes for Expedition Everest at opening). In fact, we did almost an entire MK plan from touringplans.com by 10:30AM yesterday. We were leaving the parks for a break most days when the crowds were streaming in. We enjoyed the afternoon at Blizzard Beach yesterday and an afternoon at Disney Quest on Tuesday, visited family at the beach on Thursday but spent every other day park hopping. Rented a car for part of the week but also used Magical Express and the transportation system which were great.

An unforgettable vacation - thanks so much to everyone for your great information!

about "glen" the alligator... can anyone tell me where "he's" usually hanging out, if it's in one specific area that he's seen most?? I'd love to see him when we're there, although that's not 'til the end of november, but i'd still like to see him. i just have this weird fascination with alligators. :confused3

about "glen" the alligator... can anyone tell me where "he's" usually hanging out, if it's in one specific area that he's seen most?? I'd love to see him when we're there, although that's not 'til the end of november, but i'd still like to see him. i just have this weird fascination with alligators. :confused3

A previous poster said that they saw him between the Dig Site and the Cabanas. :)

When we saw him in September, he was always in the Lake swimming around...usually close to the edge on the Casitas side. If you walk over the bridge from the Casitas to the Ranchos (on your way to the Dig Site) and look over the bridge to the left, we saw several turtles "sunbathing" on the rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter