BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks!

i can't wait to see pics of the new renovations of the ranchos!

The renovations are the same in all sections. The only thing I imagine that is different is possibly pictures on the wall.

And, in case I forgot earlier, congratulations on the upcoming wedding. :love:

The renovations are the same in all sections. The only thing I imagine that is different is possibly pictures on the wall.

And, in case I forgot earlier, congratulations on the upcoming wedding. :love:

thanks! can't wait!

i am over-planning (this will be my 11th trip, so not a newbie!), but i have never stayed anywhere other than SoG and WL with my wheelchair, so i am a little nervous!

I am SO excited! Of course we're planning another trip back to WDW next March. First, it was just going to be just the kids and myself. Then my friend saw my pictures and said she's going with her 4 kids. My sister went courtesy of Make a Wish and said she's seen "The World" and doesn't need to go back. So my mom said she'd like to go with us in March but she'd just get a room only ressie as she wasn't interested in going to any of the parks. Well, my sister's boyfriend was looking at the pics of CSR and said they've been duped because the grounds at Make a Wish weren't nearly as beautiful as CSR so.....now they want to plan to go back too! LOL And everyone wants to stay at CSR! YAY!!!!!

So it'll be:
Me and my 2 kids (will be 12 and 18 months next March)
My mom
My best friend and kids (13, 11, 5, and 10 months in March)
My sis, boyfriend and kids (13, 10, 9, and 5 in March)

It'll be a full boat and I'm so excited! I just hope it's just me and my kids in our own room. I really don't want to share! LOL

I've now seen 3 pics of alligators at CSR and they make me very uncomfortable. I'm hoping to take my young dd there for the 1st time next spring. How can a person relax in a hammock next to the water when one of those things could pop out? What about the people who rent the recreational boats? :scared1:

I thought Disney removed alligators from the resorts and parks when reported. We watched some cms at the WL chase a long snake near the pool until they caught it in a net! Would they really remove snakes but leave gators?

I've now seen 3 pics of alligators at CSR and they make me very uncomfortable. I'm hoping to take my young dd there for the 1st time next spring. How can a person relax in a hammock next to the water when one of those things could pop out? What about the people who rent the recreational boats? :scared1:

I thought Disney removed alligators from the resorts and parks when reported. We watched some cms at the WL chase a long snake near the pool until they caught it in a net! Would they really remove snakes but leave gators?

We relocate them when they get bigger. Glen's just a little guy, far too small to be moved.

Judging by the pic on page one of the FAQ, it looks like there is an option to have the fan ON at all times, even when the A/C is not "cooling". Is this correct?

I need a certain level of white-noise to sleep well, and I usually take a small portable fan along if I know that the entire A/C stops blowing air entirely when it stops the cooling cycle.

The ceiling fan will help with another of my needs--continuosly moving air--but ceiling fans do not generate enought white-noise.

Thanks.

Where can I find pix of the new rooms at CSR? I read somewhere that the rooms only have 1 sink and no bench or coatrack; is that true? TIA

Where can I find pix of the new rooms at CSR? I read somewhere that the rooms only have 1 sink and no bench or coatrack; is that true? TIA

The CSR has only one sink, but lots of counter space. There is a coatrack.

coatrack.jpg

sinkarea.jpg

Duvet.jpg

S7300287.jpg

S7300291-1.jpg

As someone who lives in an area where alligators are VERY common I can tell you that alligators are very non agressive creatures. They are not like the crocodiles you see on animal planet. It is really rare that they would come after a human. They have been known to grab pets every now and agian, but you are not going ot get attacked laying in a hammock near the water. I have never seen or heard of an alligator bothering a boat, and even if someone went inot the water the gator be more likely to flee than attack. I guess if your little one actually go into the lake or was standing directly next to the water there might be some danger, but as has been previously pointed out this is a really small gator so I think you have nothing to worry about.

As someone who lives in an area where alligators are VERY common I can tell you that alligators are very non agressive creatures. They are not like the crocodiles you see on animal planet. It is really rare that they would come after a human. They have been known to grab pets every now and agian, but you are not going ot get attacked laying in a hammock near the water. I have never seen or heard of an alligator bothering a boat, and even if someone went inot the water the gator be more likely to flee than attack. I guess if your little one actually go into the lake or was standing directly next to the water there might be some danger, but as has been previously pointed out this is a really small gator so I think you have nothing to worry about.

Good points, thank you. And, also in case the pp was unaware, you are NOT allowed into the water in the lake or on the beaches because of the risk of getting sick from water.

Quick question for Kat or JamesLynn (or anyone else who might know).
In reading several threads, I've seen both that it is best to fax in a request a few days before our trip to get the section we prefer and that it is harder to get an upgrade if you ask. I know these are different things, but I was wondering if it is best for us to fax in our request or to just ask nicely when we arrive.

We would prefer a rehabbed room and a water view would be great. We currently have a king reserved. Does that decrease our chances of getting a rehabbed room?

As for online check in - we will be arriving arond 4:00 pm on a Wednesday. Is online still the way to go?

JamesLynn - Are you available for pictures? I told DH about a CM on the Dis who was helping me plan and he asked if that was going in the scrapbook! :)

We are so excited for my son's first trip!! He will love seeing Glen (though he will call it a doggie - he is 15 months old). Thank you all for the great info!

If we want to do a late check out will we have to pay extra? How much? When and who do we tell?

Quick question for Kat or JamesLynn (or anyone else who might know).
In reading several threads, I've seen both that it is best to fax in a request a few days before our trip to get the section we prefer and that it is harder to get an upgrade if you ask. I know these are different things, but I was wondering if it is best for us to fax in our request or to just ask nicely when we arrive.

We would prefer a rehabbed room and a water view would be great. We currently have a king reserved. Does that decrease our chances of getting a rehabbed room?

As for online check in - we will be arriving arond 4:00 pm on a Wednesday. Is online still the way to go?

JamesLynn - Are you available for pictures? I told DH about a CM on the Dis who was helping me plan and he asked if that was going in the scrapbook! :)

We are so excited for my son's first trip!! He will love seeing Glen (though he will call it a doggie - he is 15 months old). Thank you all for the great info!

I'll answer what our experience has been and, hopefully, JamesLynn will be around soon and can give you her thoughts.

In our seven stays, we've paid once for a waterview room; on our other six stays, we were upgraded to a waterview room five of those six times and last year were upgraded to a junior suite for our 25th wedding anniversary. We have NEVER asked for an upgrade...we have just been very fortunate with the pixie dust I guess. We always fax in our request three days prior to our arrival with the section we would like to be in (we've always asked for and always gotten the Casitas).

I would request a section you want to be in (and please remember it is only a request) and then when you check in ask if possible to get a rehabbed room. I don't recall when you are going, but they are about six months into the rehab and are moving at a nice pace from what I can tell.

I can't answer about the online check in as we've not used it (and probably won't). Some people have had success with it while others said it didn't make a difference.

It's only been 3 years since our last trip, but my memory is horrible. When we check-in, do we need the same exact credit card that we used when we booked our trip online? Also, how does it work when you want to charge all your food, etc. to your credit card so you don't have to carry around cash? I thought there was a daily limit or something. We are NOT on the DDP.

It's only been 3 years since our last trip, but my memory is horrible. When we check-in, do we need the same exact credit card that we used when we booked our trip online? Also, how does it work when you want to charge all your food, etc. to your credit card so you don't have to carry around cash? I thought there was a daily limit or something. We are NOT on the DDP.

They will ask you if you want to use the credit card you reserved with or a different one. You just have to have the credit card you want to use with you. As for the charging of food, etc., you can either charge to your credit card or they will give you a "spending limit" on your Key to the World card that will be applied to your credit card upon checking out.

I booked CSR for Dec 12th-20th. I wonder how crowded they'll be for that week. Are there any conventions going on that week? My main doubt about booking this resort is that I am traveling solo (at the moment, at least) and am concerned about being stuck way out in the Ranchos (too far from the food court and plus I think they are ugly:rotfl:). I'm thinking about requesting Casitas 1 or 3 or maybe Cabanas 9 A or B. What would be my best way of avoiding the Ranchos? Would it help to request a water view room. I'd hate to pay for a waterview room though and then be stuck with a view of a quiet pool. If I pay for a water view, I'd want to be facing the lake.

Hi, aubriee! I'm currently planning to be there Dec. 13-18, also solo! Maybe we could meet for a drink or something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter