Brady Suspension Reversed!!

Espn has hardly been pro Patriots during this controversy.

They've been highly critical of the Patriots in fact. ESPN has been trotting around their legal experts who said Tom Brady had little chance to win on appeal and should just accept his suspension. And then other talking heads/former athletes saying what this would do to Brady's legacy.

Honestly, anytime ESPN asks a Patriot player for a comment during the season, the player should pull a Marshawn Lynch and say "I'm just here so I won't get fined."

Im torn, on one hand Brady is as guilty as sin, so I want him punished, on the other hand Goodell did this with no real proof, he reminds me of the guy that runs your company, thinks he hit a triple when he was born on 3rd base, Goes around firing people with his nose in the air

Guilty with no real proof???? Hmmmm!!!!!

I appreciate the reply, and yes, I was serious. That opening is exactly what I was referring to. I have no dog in the fight at all. I simply don't understand the over the top in your face stuff seen here. I'm generally not around sports fans so I was just curious. I guess it is what it is or something like that. Still makes no sense to me though.

I think part of the issue is that there was so much misinformation floating around with this story from the very first week (starting with the Chris Mortensen tweet posted two days after the AFC Championship game saying that "11 out of 12" Pats footballs were found to be 2 PSI under the allowed minimum).

That misinformation framed the narrative of the next 7 months and it was like shouting into a vacuum to get anyone outside of New England to listen to the real information. The NFL allowed misinformation to fester uncorrected (a non New England reporter tried repeatedly to get the actual PSI readings from the NFL in the very early days and was denied that information despite the NFL having it the day of the AFC championship game) As it all wore on, the NFL lied or leaked lies repeatedly (Goodell even lied about Brady's testimony in his statement upholding Brady's suspension following the appeal hearing - something revealed when the transcripts of the testimony were unsealed by the judge).

This whole process has been a ridiculous farce and a good chunk of the country still doesn't know what information was true and what was not because of the reporting of the story. And I totally get it - if this weren't about my local team, I would read just the headlines and come to a lot of the same conclusions. I certainly wouldn't spend hours pouring over the reports and statements and testimonies because if it is not my team, why do I care, right? But for Patriots fans, the decision this week feels like finally someone was paying attention and saw just how ridiculous the whole thing was and it feels great.

I've had season tickets for an NFL team, an MLB team and an NCAA team for 30 years and I have found that winning is not what determines the attitude of the fans. Some of the rudest ones support teams that perennially suck and some of the nicest as a whole are for teams with the most impressive franchise histories. Some good natured trash talk between rivals is normal. And if you think this will never be told again as a joke about Brady, adjust your expectations. Heck, the more you react to it, the more you're probably going to hear about it. But other teams have had controversies (NO Saints bounty comes to mind) without multiple threads being started and their fans on this site being so aggressive to other posters. This claim that the whole country is in your face seems like a lot of hyperbole. The fact that not everyone will see it your way is not because the franchise happens to be having a string of successful years. Just look at the Yankees. They've been on a downward cycle for a few seasons and people haven't suddenly gone neutral on how they feel about them.

Tell me you're not serious...please? I was a Patriot season ticket holder for 17 years and have been a season ticket holder for a college basketball team for the last 30 years and I can tell you success makes any fan base arrogant. The Seahawks have won only one Super Bowl and after the Pats beat them this year the Patriot message board was inundated with 49'ers fans thanking the Pats for shutting up the Seahawks fans, and that's only after 1 championship.

Ask any college basketball fan in the East how arrogant UConn fans are after winning 4 championships?

Any fan worth their salt is going to defend their team, especially when it concerns something as stupid as this situation was.

Heck, the more you react to it, the more you're going to have Pats fans in your face.

Thanks for playing.

Brady has a large devoted female following based on his appearance & celebrity status who will heatedly defend him regardless because they are infatuated. Actual football knowledge doesn't always matter to them. The same can be said for most Pats fans actually, infatuated in the Brady bubble (not the football knowledge part) lol

WOW that is one if the most mysogynistic statements I have heard in a long time. So because I am a woman I have no knowledge of football, hockey, baseball, basketball or any sport I simply just like good looking guys!!!

I would quote a line from Much Ado About Nothing but it is not allowed on the DIS.

Guess I will have to turn in my season tix to Pats & Bruins since my little tiny female brain can't understand the big bad manly sports.

WOW that is one if the most mysogynistic statements I have heard in a long time. So because I am a woman I have no knowledge of football, hockey, baseball, basketball or any sport I simply just like good looking guys!!!

I would quote a line from Much Ado About Nothing but it is not allowed on the DIS.

Guess I will have to turn in my season tix to Pats & Bruins since my little tiny female brain can't understand the big bad manly sports.

It's not that serious.

It's not that serious.

I kind a take being told I a vapid airhead who cares more about Brady's butt than his stats seriously. I don't think denigrating a whole sex is really nice but then that is just this female. Who knows maybe others want to stay in that kitchen.

I kind a take being told I a vapid airhead who cares more about Brady's butt than his stats seriously. I don't think denigrating a whole sex is really nice but then that is just this female. Who knows maybe others want to stay in that kitchen.

The poster didn't say "all women." Just a large percentage like Brady because he's good looking. I don't think that is innaccurate. If you're not part of that group, there is no reason to be offended.

The poster didn't say "all women." Just a large percentage like Brady because he's good looking. I don't think that is innaccurate. If you're not part of that group, there is no reason to be offended.
Sorry, in the same post that poster also stated most Patriot fans were not interested in football knowledge. He/she has an axe to grind. If Goofy is reading any of this, it's another example of why we get our back up. Ridiculous statements like that are the norm, and seriously undeserved.

Im torn, on one hand Brady is as guilty as sin, so I want him punished, on the other hand Goodell did this with no real proof, he reminds me of the guy that runs your company, thinks he hit a triple when he was born on 3rd base, Goes around firing people with his nose in the air

So pray tell, what evidence do you have that Brady is as guilty as sin? Or are you just throwing more crap against the wall to see what sticks?

I'll be waiting to hear your evidence.

popcorn::

Any fan worth their salt is going to defend their team, especially when it concerns something as stupid as this situation was.

Heck, the more you react to it, the more you're going to have Pats fans in your face.

Thanks for playing.
Most sports fans don't live out their fandom online. Most online fans stick to their own team's forums. They don't go around seeking another team's fans with justifications for getting in their face. The fact that you're saying it's your duty to defend yourself against other people having an opinion and that you're warning people that as a fan of your team you have a right to get in their face because someone simply has an opinion or participates in a discussion takes this whole thing to a really ugly level. It's a dispute between an employee and his employer. Who cares if Brady gets a little ribbing? That's totally normal in sports and celebrity in this country. If you can't handle it, the answer is not to tell people you are justified in making things personal by getting in someone's face.

So there are many facets of problems with this whole situation, but part of the problem stems from the punishment given. Even if he was guilty as sin, the team should have been fined 25K like the other teams that were punished for 'football tampering' and then it would have been done. Instead, $1 million dollar fine, draft picks taken away, and Brady was going to be suspended for 4 games likened to him taking performance enhancing drugs.

And if I hear or read Goodell mentioning doing this all for the 'integrity' of the game......ugh! You'd think if he was deserving of his $40 million salary he would have a better understanding of what that word actually means......

Most sports fans don't live out their fandom online. Most online fans stick to their own team's forums. They don't go around seeking another team's fans with justifications for getting in their face. The fact that you're saying it's your duty to defend yourself against other people having an opinion and that you're warning people that as a fan of your team you have a right to get in their face because someone simply has an opinion or participates in a discussion takes this whole thing to a really ugly level. It's a dispute between an employee and his employer. Who cares if Brady gets a little ribbing? That's totally normal in sports and celebrity in this country. If you can't handle it, the answer is not to tell people you are justified in making things personal by getting in someone's face.

What are you talking about? Do you really think I came to the Dis Community Board, because I was going to defend the Pats? The only reason I even come to the Dis is because we love Disney. In fact we just got back Monday from our trip to WDW. While I'm here I check out the Community Board, because of the different topics posted. If I see my team being attacked then I will defend them, IF I think it's unwarranted. If that bothers you and you can't handle it, then maybe you should avoid threads like this. I didn't go to another teams forum looking for trouble I came to a forum that I have been coming to since 2004.

What do you call it when the fans of other teams tell we Pats fans that our team are cheaters? I'd call that getting in our face.

It's funny but in your mind it's alright for the haters to have their opinions, but Pats fans don't seem to be able to have their own. Is that how it works?

Have a great weekend!

Oh, and feel free to ignore my posts since you can't handle them.

I'm pretty sure Brady wipes his tears with hundred dollar bills.
What are you talking about? Do you really think I came to the Dis Community Board, because I was going to defend the Pats? The only reason I even come to the Dis is because we love Disney. In fact we just got back Monday from our trip to WDW. While I'm here I check out the Community Board, because of the different topics posted. If I see my team being attacked then I will defend them, IF I think it's unwarranted. If that bothers you and you can't handle it, then maybe you should avoid threads like this. I didn't go to another teams forum looking for trouble I came to a forum that I have been coming to since 2004.

What do you call it when the fans of other teams tell we Pats fans that our team are cheaters? I'd call that getting in our face.

It's funny but in your mind it's alright for the haters to have their opinions, but Pats fans don't seem to be able to have their own. Is that how it works?

Have a great weekend!

Oh, and feel free to ignore my posts since you can't handle them.

Do you always open your posts with a question? Just curious.

I'm certainly interested. Heck, I've even asked questions. Thanks for the reply. It was well mannered and quite reasonable. I appreciate that.

Some of you Pats fans are teetering off of the passion precipice and into pop a vein territory. It's fascinating to watch. popcorn::

Some of you Pats fans are teetering off of the passion precipice and into pop a vein territory. It's fascinating to watch. popcorn::

Right. My wife said to me why do I laugh every time I post on this subject. BTW, if you hadn't noticed, we Pats fans were proven right about this topic, just ask Judge Berman.:sunny:

LiveYourLife, just noticed you're a Chiefs fan. What are the expectations for them this year? Last year they beat both Super Bowl participants including a blowout of the Pats which seemed to turn the Patriots season around for the better. I think KC should do pretty well this year. I hope they pummel the Broncos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter