Brady Suspension Reversed!!

I know a few Patriots fans who are pretty nice but I can't speak for the majority. I think that all teams tend to have some in-your-face fans and of course those people stand out.

I can't and won't be bothered to read any replies/comments BUT saw the thread title and came to say Hallelujah!

Brady has a large devoted female following based on his appearance & celebrity status who will heatedly defend him regardless because they are infatuated. Actual football knowledge doesn't always matter to them. The same can be said for most Pats fans actually, infatuated in the Brady bubble (not the football knowledge part) lol

Brady has a large devoted female following based on his appearance & celebrity status who will heatedly defend him regardless because they are infatuated. Actual football knowledge doesn't always matter to them. The same can be said for most Pats fans actually, infatuated in the Brady bubble (not the football knowledge part) lol

:rotfl2:

I guess maybe I'm just not as invested in it as others so the emotion doesn't make sense to me. I still don't understand the tone of some of the posts I've read in this thread and was hoping someone could give me an answer that made sense, but I'm still confused.
I'll try. Pick something you love. I don't know you, but I'll say art. You really love art. You go to museums everywhere, but you happen to REALLY like the Smithsonian. You get the newsletter, go online to see exhibits when you can't go personally, take your friends there when they come visit, etc....Then one day, everyone starts saying the Smith is crap. They pay under the table to get the "big" exhibits. They start saying some of the art is fake! There's no basis for it, but rumors are swirling. People start saying snide things to you, it's even in the news! An investigation is launched. Again, there's no proof, but David's Michelangelo is removed from the museum because it can't be displayed in such a disreputable "museum". People picket, every display they've had is picked apart as to how they got it and whether it was real or a forgery....around the world the Smithsonian is now to be sneered at, a carny, a charlatan! And all with no proof.

Does that help? Sports is an emotional thing. Whether it's baseball, hockey, tennis or any other sport, people LOVE their sport and their team. When "your" team keeps being told they didn't earn things, and they cheated when there is no proof and people refuse to acknowledge facts, it's frustrating. I would never condone cheating, but there's just NO proof that anything happened to the balls! I mean, there's just NOT! Sigh....a closed mind is a sad thing.

Im torn, on one hand Brady is as guilty as sin, so I want him punished, on the other hand Goodell did this with no real proof, he reminds me of the guy that runs your company, thinks he hit a triple when he was born on 3rd base, Goes around firing people with his nose in the air

Well, I find that slightly insulting :) I am a female, am pretty knowledgeable about football and I actually don't care all that much fro Brady. I DO care about fairness, rules, and witch hunts.

My comment wasn't all-encompassing. If it doesn't describe you, obviously, it doesn't apply.
Well, when you say things like "female following" and "also applies to most Pats fans", there's not much room for me outside that bubble, is there? I'm not getting hysterical (did you see the smiley) but just pointing out the dangers of generalizing. "Most" Pat's fans are pretty darn knowledgeable.

True, but saying he has a large female following isn't generalizing, it is fact. And I guess you didn't notice that I didn't say most pat's fans weren't knowledgeable, just that they were under the Brady spell.

Heck, I don't even like football, lol, so I really don't care. I was just offering up a reply to Goofy Disney Dads query. I personally know a lot of women who don't like football, but love Tom Brady.

I'll try. Pick something you love. I don't know you, but I'll say art. You really love art. You go to museums everywhere, but you happen to REALLY like the Smithsonian. You get the newsletter, go online to see exhibits when you can't go personally, take your friends there when they come visit, etc....Then one day, everyone starts saying the Smith is crap. They pay under the table to get the "big" exhibits. They start saying some of the art is fake! There's no basis for it, but rumors are swirling. People start saying snide things to you, it's even in the news! An investigation is launched. Again, there's no proof, but David's Michelangelo is removed from the museum because it can't be displayed in such a disreputable "museum". People picket, every display they've had is picked apart as to how they got it and whether it was real or a forgery....around the world the Smithsonian is now to be sneered at, a carny, a charlatan! And all with no proof.

Does that help? Sports is an emotional thing. Whether it's baseball, hockey, tennis or any other sport, people LOVE their sport and their team. When "your" team keeps being told they didn't earn things, and they cheated when there is no proof and people refuse to acknowledge facts, it's frustrating. I would never condone cheating, but there's just NO proof that anything happened to the balls! I mean, there's just NOT! Sigh....a closed mind is a sad thing.

Thanks, that does make a bit more sense. I guess I just didn't see it from such a devoted standpoint, but your example makes sense. I appreciate it.

Yes! Same thing every year. And if you think they are cheaters you are labeled a hater. It gets tiring. I think the only fans that are almost as close to being this annoying are Steelers fans.

Fans of any winning team are annoying it comes with the territory. For someone who is annoyed by Pats fans I couldn't help but notice you are reading this thread.

Fans of any winning team are annoying it comes with the territory. For someone who is annoyed by Pats fans I couldn't help but notice you are reading this thread.
I've had season tickets for an NFL team, an MLB team and an NCAA team for 30 years and I have found that winning is not what determines the attitude of the fans. Some of the rudest ones support teams that perennially suck and some of the nicest as a whole are for teams with the most impressive franchise histories. Some good natured trash talk between rivals is normal. And if you think this will never be told again as a joke about Brady, adjust your expectations. Heck, the more you react to it, the more you're probably going to hear about it. But other teams have had controversies (NO Saints bounty comes to mind) without multiple threads being started and their fans on this site being so aggressive to other posters. This claim that the whole country is in your face seems like a lot of hyperbole. The fact that not everyone will see it your way is not because the franchise happens to be having a string of successful years. Just look at the Yankees. They've been on a downward cycle for a few seasons and people haven't suddenly gone neutral on how they feel about them.

I've had season tickets for an NFL team, an MLB team and an NCAA team for 30 years and I have found that winning is not what determines the attitude of the fans. Some of the rudest ones support teams that perennially suck and some of the nicest as a whole are for teams with the most impressive franchise histories. Some good natured trash talk between rivals is normal. And if you think this will never be told again as a joke about Brady, adjust your expectations. Heck, the more you react to it, the more you're probably going to hear about it. But other teams have had controversies (NO Saints bounty comes to mind) without multiple threads being started and their fans on this site being so aggressive to other posters. This claim that the whole country is in your face seems like a lot of hyperbole. The fact that not everyone will see it your way is not because the franchise happens to be having a string of successful years. Just look at the Yankees. They've been on a downward cycle for a few seasons and people haven't suddenly gone neutral on how they feel about them.

This controversy was a big story though. Patriots fans didn't make it that. If it were any other team and anyone besides Brady it never would have become some huge deal.
The other thread about it was very long and there were lots of posters being aggressive towards the Patriots, Brady and Patriots fans. My guess is this thread and the in your face attitude is because of the other thread. I can see how someone who didn't read that one would think this is just Pats fans gloating and being aggressive but if you take at the two threads together its a different story.

Last edited:
This controversy was a big story though. Patriots fans didn't make it that. If it were any other team and anyone besides Brady it never would have become some huge deal.
The other thread about it was very long and there were lots of posters being aggressive towards the Patriots, Brady and Patriots fans. My guess is this thread and the in your face attitude is because of the other thread. I can see how someone who didn't read that one would think this is just Pats fans gloating and being aggressive but if you take at the two threads together its a different story.
The Patriots were irrelevant for nearly 40 years while teams like the Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders were building the league, plently of other more popular teams would get the same spotlight, maybe if ESPN wasn't based in NE

The Patriots were irrelevant for nearly 40 years while teams like the Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders were building the league, plently of other more popular teams would get the same spotlight, maybe if ESPN wasn't based in NE

While that may be true, it has nothing to do with why there's so much gloating in this thread.
Espn has hardly been pro Patriots during this controversy.
Yes, the media made this a crazy huge story when it shouldn't have been. Maybe they were helped along by all that bad information which was leaked to them.

I was commenting on was why Patriots fans are gloating so much in this thread. There was a lot out negativity dished out in the other one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter