BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

We returned from yet another wonderful trip to WDW (came back this past Sunday). We spent 9 nights at BLT in a Lake View Studio room #8432. It was awesome. We loved how high up we were, we got to see everything on Bay Lake Side. We could also see glimpses of GF and parts of MK. I was a little nervous about being up that high, especially out on the balcony, but after the first day I got used to it and enjoyed my balcony every morning, afternoon break, and night :goodvibes. We did go up to the TOTWL one night after dinner at the California Grill and thought it too was great. The only downside was that the kids got a little bored up there, which I could understand, so we only stayed up there for a drink and took a few pictures then we left (no Wishes since Night of Joy was going on that night). I still have to take all of my pictures off of our camera and onto my computer...once I do this, I will post the views of our Studio.

We returned from yet another wonderful trip to WDW (came back this past Sunday). We spent 9 nights at BLT in a Lake View Studio room #8432. It was awesome. We loved how high up we were, we got to see everything on Bay Lake Side. We could also see glimpses of GF and parts of MK. I was a little nervous about being up that high, especially out on the balcony, but after the first day I got used to it and enjoyed my balcony every morning, afternoon break, and night :goodvibes. We did go up to the TOTWL one night after dinner at the California Grill and thought it too was great. The only downside was that the kids got a little bored up there, which I could understand, so we only stayed up there for a drink and took a few pictures then we left (no Wishes since Night of Joy was going on that night). I still have to take all of my pictures off of our camera and onto my computer...once I do this, I will post the views of our Studio.

We checked in on Monday and have the room right next door (8434)! We love being up so high and having the view across the lake. We can see all of the parks across the lake (EPCOT ball, DHS water tower, AK Everest) and the water pagent. We will be checking out tomorrow, but we will not be sad since we are going on the DVC member cruise! :banana::banana::banana:

7741- view of pool, lake. It is very close to the end, therefore the view of the lake is not great, and you can NOT see the water pageant at all.

We were on the 11th floor, room 8128. View of the CR, Sky Bridge, GF and MK. Fantastic Studio!

What two bedroom w/ MK view have you had and really liked? At the time of travel I will have a five year old and twins that will be three and I am nervous about being way up high with them. What floor is acceptable to have a good view of MK? Are there any safety locks on the balcony doors? I would also like to hear about specific rooms that you think are good ones with that MK view.

We have a mk studio booked for 3 nights in April. After reading this whole thread, I am not sure if that's such a good thing now. I don't want to stare at a parking lot. Maybe a lake view would be better. What to do?:confused3

We have a mk studio booked for 3 nights in April. After reading this whole thread, I am not sure if that's such a good thing now. I don't want to stare at a parking lot. Maybe a lake view would be better. What to do?:confused3
just ask for high as possible and don't do the reservation confirmation online - at blt it is much better to check in....

they really try to honor your request - but only if they can - (they can't if you go to the online)

Thanks for all this great info about the rooms at BLT. Which would be the best room to request for a standard view studio if we would like to see the fireworks from MK or Epcot?

even number north side/south side - north side is MK, south side is Epcot/lake

that say the north side has rooms higher up than south side - so you can see more.

don't know about the DVC members vs guest - most of the time paying guests if you are paying Disney and not a DVC member would probably get the best room that is available. heard this often enough - so just not sure.

I was a little nervous about being up that high, especially out on the balcony, but after the first day I got used to it and enjoyed my balcony every morning, afternoon break, and night :goodvibes.

understand completely - you are braver than me. have been put on the 14 and 11 floors and well asked for something lower - my only lake view.

that is one reason try to stay with standard - it only goes to the 5th floor....

my type of heights!!! although I do like TOW - it has a (as you know) a high wall around it - so you don't feel like you could fall - the rooms don't have this - so you can see better in the rooms.

yea for little kids even up to pre teen (my opinion) - they can't see over that wall that well and it is boring for them.

have you let them do Neverland Club at the Polyn- it is a kid sitting service that the kids actually love.

really do love BLT!!!

Just wanted to thank the poster a few pages back about emailing member services and requesting specific rooms. We stayed the week of 9/2-9/8, and I emailed them requesting 8128 or 8228 and was given 8128 upon check-in. It worked out perfectly for us.

Loved the view of the MK and the fireworks at night from our balcony!

Just wanted to thank the poster a few pages back about emailing member services and requesting specific rooms. We stayed the week of 9/2-9/8, and I emailed them requesting 8128 or 8228 and was given 8128 upon check-in. It worked out perfectly for us.

Loved the view of the MK and the fireworks at night from our balcony!

When did you send the email? Just curious if you would wait or send way in advance. Thanks.

Hi. With 131 Pages how do I find out where I want to be?
We have stayed at BLT in a 2 bedroom LV and staying next August in a standard studio for a mom/daughter trip with my mom.
Will we have a balcony with a standard studio (we usually stay in GV or 2 bedrooms since my family usually also comes along so never in a studio).
Are there any standard studios on 5th Floor or where ToTW is located?
If not, where do I want to request to get the best possible view?
Thanks SO much!

My BLT Lake View One Bedroom review is (finally) posted:

work2play: Feel free to use any of my photos of the view from 7634 that you might deem useful.

HI WDW, I know you love the Contemporary, but isn't BLT just great, you get Contemporary and space in one go....
Love, love your pictures, very nice to see so much details, and it made me longing even more for Feb 2' to hurry up and arrive. Since we bought there in 2011 we have been 3 times already, and so far have no urge to stay elsewhere.
Although AKL might be in the mix next winter.

HI WDW, I know you love the Contemporary, but isn't BLT just great, you get Contemporary and space in one go....
Love, love your pictures, very nice to see so much details, and it made me longing even more for Feb 2' to hurry up and arrive. Since we bought there in 2011 we have been 3 times already, and so far have no urge to stay elsewhere.
Although AKL might be in the mix next winter.
Thank you for you kind comments, Bolebrothers. You are so right that if you love CR, you'll love BLT even more. Although the Studio is actually smaller than a CR room and costs more, so I would not recommend it over a CR room. AKL seems so remote when compared with a MK area resort. It's a different experience/setting there and I think you should try it, but we personally prefer having more transportation options such as boats and walking to parks.

Do you have a favorite villa type and location? February will be here before you know it - happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter