BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Hi everyone! I just finished reading through all 127 pages - it took me a few days, but I did it! Yay! :) We are renting points from a points broker for our stay in September. We have two tiny ones and will be making trips back to the room each day for naps. What are some requests I should make to ensure we get a quiet room? Of course a view would be nice, but I'm mostly concerned about getting the itty bitties to sleep soundly! We've never stayed here before (or on Disney property at all, actually, even though we've visited WDW tons of times!). Also, I'm not sure how to make a request since we're going through a rental place for points. Help! Thanks a bunch.

P.S. Not sure if I stated this, but we're in a standard view studio. Thanks! :)

You would have to ask whoever you are renting from to contact member services and make your requests.

Thanks for that - I'll contact them. Where would you guys think a good place to request would be? At first I thought I'd do the "even #, north side" route, but I'm thinking now that even #, southside" might be better for a quiet room, as I've read that you can hear the loud boom of the fireworks from the room...? I'm thinking I want to stay away from the pool for sure, right? Those are odd numbered rooms... ?

Thanks for that - I'll contact them. Where would you guys think a good place to request would be? At first I thought I'd do the "even #, north side" route, but I'm thinking now that even #, southside" might be better for a quiet room, as I've read that you can hear the loud boom of the fireworks from the room...? I'm thinking I want to stay away from the pool for sure, right? Those are odd numbered rooms... ?

When making a request it's best to word it to best reflect what you are looking for - so in your case just ask for a quiet location. Otherwise for example the resort would only see north side and might stick you right next to an elevator not realizing it's quiet you want and that it might be better for you to be away from the elevator.

When making a request it's best to word it to best reflect what you are looking for - so in your case just ask for a quiet location. Otherwise for example the resort would only see north side and might stick you right next to an elevator not realizing it's quiet you want and that it might be better for you to be away from the elevator.

Great point, Kathy. Thanks for that advice.

I just called I am a DVC Member . I am staying at the BLT I wanted to request the higher floor and even number room. The lady said to me I could only make one request. So which one would I like. I asked her if she was sure she said yes the computer only does one. REALLY? Any suggestions?

I just called I am a DVC Member . I am staying at the BLT I wanted to request the higher floor and even number room. The lady said to me I could only make one request. So which one would I like. I asked her if she was sure she said yes the computer only does one. REALLY? Any suggestions?

Call back and talk to someone else. You can do more than one request.

I too would call back and try someone else, but be prepared to fight for the kind of room you want at check-in. I made one request only for a high floor and we were assigned the 5th floor in a room this thread lists as "standard view" though we'd paid for lake view.

I know requests are just that, but bottom line is they had a higher floor room available because they gave it to us when we pushed to get what we wanted. I don't know how much they look at requests anyway, but don't be afraid to ask for what you want and follow up at check-in if need be. Good luck to you.

I too would call back and try someone else, but be prepared to fight for the kind of room you want at check-in. I made one request only for a high floor and we were assigned the 5th floor in a room this thread lists as "standard view" though we'd paid for lake view.

I know requests are just that, but bottom line is they had a higher floor room available because they gave it to us when we pushed to get what we wanted. I don't know how much they look at requests anyway, but don't be afraid to ask for what you want and follow up at check-in if need be. Good luck to you.

That is one thing I don't get. As Disney Members paying our dues and paying for our points. You would think they would give you or atleast try to give you what you ask for. Exspecially, as in your case, they have it. Why do we have to push for it? I might have gotten 2 room2 out the past ten years going twice a year. Not a good average.:worship:

That is one thing I don't get. As Disney Members paying our dues and paying for our points. You would think they would give you or atleast try to give you what you ask for. Exspecially, as in your case, they have it. Why do we have to push for it? I might have gotten 2 room2 out the past ten years going twice a year. Not a good average.:worship:

Unfortunately, I do not think Disney sees members as paying customers anymore. It is just like your cable/Internet/Phone company. They will give a much better deal to new customers than to existing customers. DVC is much the same way. They already have our money, they no longer need to impress us.

That is one thing I don't get. As Disney Members paying our dues and paying for our points. You would think they would give you or atleast try to give you what you ask for.
The BLT is basically sold out at this point. Yes, there's some small number of rooms still held by Disney, but it is now mostly full of owners. So if you get a unit assigned, and don't like it, then some other owner will get it. Why does one owner deserve better views then another owner? Should he who complains the loudest get his way?

they probably took a room that was assigned to someone else that had a similar reservation but since you "fought for you room", the other family is stuck with the room you did not want.

they probably took a room that was assigned to someone else that had a similar reservation but since you "fought for you room", the other family is stuck with the room you did not want.

I'm aware of how the process works, but why take a request and then only fill them for some? I had asked for something simple and almost felt I would have been better off being painfully specific from the start. I think what I'm mostly feeling is dissatisfaction for what I get for my DVC points and those ever escalating dues. I have a delayed case of buyer's remorse. Sorry if my post sounded entitled. No one owner is more important than another. Yet I feel we are forced to fight to get what we want when DVC happily takes and then ignores requests.

Just an observation from reading posts over the years. Many people post asking "Best Room Request" or something similar. For BLT obviously that's North side, high floor, even numbered room if you have LV or SV. Now some people have other favorites and others don't put in a request always. But for example, if the majority of the people who do request, request high floor for the best possible view, then the problem is that there aren't enough rooms to meet that request for everyone who asks. So there will always be someone who doesn't get their request. So even if the CM's consider room requests when making room assignments, then they can't possibly satisfy everyone. Therefore, I vote for being happy that I'm at Disney!

........when DVC happily takes and then ignores requests.

But DVC is VERY clear that request are only that and never guaranteed. I think that is explanatory enough that people should realize that they may or may not get what they hoped for.

In your pushing for the request you may very likely been taking away that room from somebody else that had made the same request but just hadn't arrived as early as you did. Your assumption of requests being ignored is that the room you were eventually given was sitting there without it being assigned to someone with the same request - but since your request is probably the most popular that isn't a good assumption. And since it's a popular request and there are only so many rooms it also is a poor assumption that they can fill the request for everyone. So you got lucky and someone else had to settle.

The other thing to remember is that reservations overlap and thus your request may simply not have been available at check-in. Although it is nice to be able to make requests, I think Disney would be better off if they did not take requests and you simply got what you got. I wonder if people are so picky when they stay at other hotels.

Yet I feel we are forced to fight to get what we want when DVC happily takes and then ignores requests.

I think its an exaggeration to say that DVC ignores requests. We've made several DVC room requests, including for three stays at BLT, and every time our request has been reasonably satisfied. I guess we have been lucky in the past, and maybe the next time we won't get assigned a room that we've requested. But over the life of a 50 year contract I think it will all even out.

Just booked BLT for next spring break-got a theme park view studio. I am so excited because it's the last DVC resort I need to stay at. I'm enjoying looking at some of the pictures on this thread. :thumbsup2

Here are some pictures of room 7830. Love the view. There is so much to look at.

From the middle of the room
60060621a212875ecfd962cdc5279752.jpg

Left

0282f1da8d7d1d9737e6749e18d5be58.jpg

Straight

ad59eddc35d28920c317ffd4e3f531de.jpg

Right

74fce102810b03d0279dd7e3dda3e1ad.jpg

The other thing to remember is that reservations overlap and thus your request may simply not have been available at check-in. Although it is nice to be able to make requests, I think Disney would be better off if they did not take requests and you simply got what you got. I wonder if people are so picky when they stay at other hotels.

We've stayed at other DVC resorts and this was the first time we made a request. Ironically it was the information in this thread that led us to request a high floor (we were assigned 5th floor). A no-request policy would certainly make it more fair for everyone. A 5th floor room at Disney would be better than a high floor room almost anywhere else ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter