BL Summer Challenge 2009

Well I'm back from my family visit to N.C. and I weigh in today - so please send me some positive wishes! I tried so hard to stay on plan and did go off a bit - but I also walked/jogged over 3 miles, and had two days of swimming laps as well as swimming with the great-nieces on my back - I was exhausted the next day to say the least!

I am SO motivated to do the gym and eat correctly now - until I cruise - I really want to fit into that medium size sundress I just got from DISNEY! My DH got a matching shirt and it's cute!!!

Have a great rest of the week all!

Welcome back! Good luck! :goodvibes

Good day everyone, I haven't posted is a while and this has not been a good thing for me. so my goal this week is to post something everyday. When I go MIA, it's usually cause I'm off the wagon. And I really need to stay ON the wagon. I had a gain last WI which I expected as we had spent the weekend in Monterey. But I did not expect the gain that I had.

QOTD - What is your favorite time of year to visit WDW or DL?

Christmas is my favorite. Even with the crowds. We go to DL about once a month so going on rides is secondary to the overall theme. I love the fireworks on cool/cold evenings. Since I live where the average temp is the mid 70's, I like the nights where I can wear my MM mittens and have hot chocolate and watch the fireworks. I LOVE the fireworks. And for some reason they always make me cry.

QOTD: Let's do another Disney related today...If Disney were to get rid of any of their current rides or attractions which one would you miss the most.

Peter Pan and Pirates. PP is my favorite, but I don't ride it very often, cause the lines are always so long. Pirates, just cause it's the classic. It is a must do every trip. I think I would also miss the train. I like the down time of "A Grand Circle Tour Around Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom".

Glad you found your way back to us!!;)

Well I'm back from my family visit to N.C. and I weigh in today - so please send me some positive wishes! I tried so hard to stay on plan and did go off a bit - but I also walked/jogged over 3 miles, and had two days of swimming laps as well as swimming with the great-nieces on my back - I was exhausted the next day to say the least!

I am SO motivated to do the gym and eat correctly now - until I cruise - I really want to fit into that medium size sundress I just got from DISNEY! My DH got a matching shirt and it's cute!!!

Have a great rest of the week all!

Sounds like you had plenty of exercise going while you were away. Glad that you had a nice trip but got back home safely as well.

Tomorrow is our WI day, don't forget to send your weight and COW numbers in tomorrow. I'm going to make sure I don't forget mine this week too.:thumbsup2

I got a few things accomplished around the house yesterday but enjoyed a little more calmer day. Needing to run errands this morning but then will be back around to get a few more things finished up this afternoon in the house with the AC.

QOTD - This may have been ask before but I can't remember. Something I've been thinking about. Is it harder for you to stay on track with your plan over the weekend? Is there anything you can do to help you survive the weekend on plan?

I definitely find it harder over the weekend. During the weekends I find us eating out a little more which of course is nice from the stand point of not having to cook it but it isn't as healthy as eating at home. We still split meals when we go out so that helps with the portion control. I need to work a little harder at planning some meals at the house during the weekend and that might help.

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Checking in! I anticipate a smaller loss this week (two weeks in a row of 2 pounds is a first for me). THIS morning I'm only half a pound from my next clippie, if it doesn't happen tomorrow it will by my Monday WW weigh in. :thumbsup2 There's motiviation for a 'clean' weekend!

Glad you found your way back to us!!;)

QOTD - This may have been ask before but I can't remember. Something I've been thinking about. Is it harder for you to stay on track with your plan over the weekend? Is there anything you can do to help you survive the weekend on plan?

:woohoo: My daily commitment check in.

Yesterday was a good day I think. My Inlaws are Elks members and last night was Spud Night. This is where you get a GIANT spud and then you get to put on the toppings from the Topping Bar. Since I knew we would be having this for dinner, I planned my lunch to be mostly fruit and Veggies. So I feel that even though I had some toppings that might not have been the best choice, I had what I wanted, and I was only able to eat half. And my steps yesterday were over 14000 which gave me 7 activity points.

QOTD....YES, the weekend is much harder. If we are just have an at home weekend or if we are out of town, both are very very hard. During the week is much more structured. If we are home on weekends, my DH sleeps in late, but my latest is about 7:30 (he's til 10:00 or later) and I really dont have anything planned. Sometimes I'll watch a movie or read the sunday paper, but this is the time I tend to graze. I have started making the egg beaters in the Mug and really like this so I'm going to try having this for breakfast when I get up with a sandwich thin. If I make more of an effort to plan what I'm going to be eating I tend to do better. But if I get up with no plan that's were the grazing comes in.

So what I can do it plan. have a plan and stick to it. Plus this weekend I am commiting to coming here and sharing what my plan is and how I executed it.

Originally Posted by TammyNC

QOTD: Let's do another Disney related today...If Disney were to get rid of any of their current rides or attractions which one would you miss the most.

It would have to be Space Mountain. to go to the Magic Kingdom and not have Space Mountain is like going to the football game and not have Cheerleaders or a Marching Band. The Magic Kingdom won't be the same without Space Mountain. And with Space mountain down for rehab its kind of borring at the Magic Kingdom

QOTD - What is your favorite time of year to visit WDW or DL?

Usaly in the summer but Late May into Early June before it gets "Hatefull" Hot in florida

I would really miss the Tomorrowland Transit Authority - I know that is probably strange! We love riding that ride, everyone can ride and it is nice and long and cool.

Today's qotd - It is harder for me to stay OP during the weekend, but I usually try to do better with portion control. We do eat out more and it is sometimes really hard to find something that will work, but I just do the best I can. We went to an arena football game last weekend and I had a grilled chicken sandwich instead of a slice of pizza. That was a good choice, but I also had some bavarian nuts. I looked up the nutritional content when i got home :eek:and I wont be having those again! However cotton candy only had 57 calories for 1/2 of the bag so that would have been better!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! I have 4 nights in a row to work off 2 nights then work 2 more and then we are going to Fort Wilderness for the 4th!:yay::yay: We aren't going to the parks, but we are going to go to Typhoon Lagoon! I can't wait!

Jennifer

Yes, it is definitely harder for me to stay on track over the weekend. We usually spend more time away from the house. Often times, when we do this, I don't make the best food choices. I really need, when we eat out, to remember what my goal is and not to give into just eating what looks good.

My answer for QOTD:
Yes, weekends are harder, and I plan to use a bunch of my flexpoints over the weekend. Weekdays tend to be more structured, but if I don't bring enough food in my lunch, then I get into trouble hitting the vending machine. So I can mess up anytime.;)

Hello all. Is there room for one more? I just found this board and am looking for some motivation. I have about 20 lbs. to lose and have been thinking about trying to lose it for, oh about 3 years.

Has anyone ever had an overnight loss of more than 7 pounds? I've had a loss of 4 pounds (water?) - but never more and yesterday I weighed in at Medifast - this morning I weighed in at home (difference in scales is about .5 pound) and I was 10 pounds lighter.... I am of course going to check this out again tomorrow morning but it would explain my "lack of loss" for the past 2 weeks even though I kicked up my work-outs... and no it's not muscle changes because I've been working out since November.

Hi guys

I will post the results for last week's COW 4. For COW 5 just keep working for another week. Next Thursday I will just take the points for the 2 weeks you have been working on COW 5.

I am sorry but I can't think about the COW right now. I have my foot surgery tomorrow and there are a million things on my mind. I have to go out right now and get my prescriptions so they are in the house for when I get back. My surgery is at noon and I can't eat after midnight. I have to be at the hospital at 9:30 to get my crutches and lessons on how to use them (It's been 35 years since I last used them). I then have to be at the surgical floor by 10. Thanks for all the great words of support. They mean a lot to me. I will be back on either tomorrow night when I can't sleep or Saturday.

Kathy I am still thinking about you and your mom. My prayers are still with you and your family.

Talk to you guys soon

pixiedust: donac, here is some pixie dust for you for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery! I will be thinking of you sitting in your easy chair working on your needlework this week-end.

Don't worry about the COW and take care of yourself! You deserve it! We appreciate all that you do for us! :flower3:

:welcome: FLAngie!
There's always room for one more. Our WeighIn day is Fridays, so just PM me (LuvBaloo) your weight tomorrow and you'll officially be entered.

Peggy Jo - that's a huge loss, and the only thing I can think off is water weight and constipation :confused3 I have frequently seen overnight changes of 5-8lbs, which is why I don't weigh in when I feel bloated/yucky.

Hi guys

I will post the results for last week's COW 4. For COW 5 just keep working for another week. Next Thursday I will just take the points for the 2 weeks you have been working on COW 5.

I am sorry but I can't think about the COW right now. I have my foot surgery tomorrow and there are a million things on my mind. I have to go out right now and get my prescriptions so they are in the house for when I get back. My surgery is at noon and I can't eat after midnight. I have to be at the hospital at 9:30 to get my crutches and lessons on how to use them (It's been 35 years since I last used them). I then have to be at the surgical floor by 10. Thanks for all the great words of support. They mean a lot to me. I will be back on either tomorrow night when I can't sleep or Saturday.

Kathy I am still thinking about you and your mom. My prayers are still with you and your family.

Talk to you guys soon

Good luck with your surgery!

Hello all. Is there room for one more? I just found this board and am looking for some motivation. I have about 20 lbs. to lose and have been thinking about trying to lose it for, oh about 3 years.

:welcome: FLAngie! There is always room for another! Please PM your starting weight to LuvBaloo. We do our weigh ins on Friday. Also, you may want to check out the COW (challenge of the week) -- it is a great way to build on the healthy habits that we all need! Good luck!

Yes, it is definitely harder for me to stay on track over the weekend. We usually spend more time away from the house. Often times, when we do this, I don't make the best food choices. I really need, when we eat out, to remember what my goal is and not to give into just eating what looks good.

I have the same problem with week-ends -- it is just so easy to get to the fridge or pantry. Last week-end I stocked up on a bunch of fruits and veggies so I had good things to munch on. It worked pretty well so will try again this week-end.

I would really miss the Tomorrowland Transit Authority - I know that is probably strange! We love riding that ride, everyone can ride and it is nice and long and cool. . .
Hope everyone has a great weekend!! I have 4 nights in a row to work off 2 nights then work 2 more and then we are going to Fort Wilderness for the 4th!:yay::yay: We aren't going to the parks, but we are going to go to Typhoon Lagoon! I can't wait!

I would miss TTA, too, especially because it's companion is already gone at DL.

Have fun at Typhoon Lagoon! I can't imagine going to WDW and skipping the parks so I will be interested in hearing how your trip is -- I only get there once every 2 years.

My answer for QOTD:
Yes, weekends are harder, and I plan to use a bunch of my flexpoints over the weekend. Weekdays tend to be more structured, but if I don't bring enough food in my lunch, then I get into trouble hitting the vending machine. So I can mess up anytime.;)

Flexpoints, activity points, they all get used on the week-end. For those of you doing the COW don't forget your steps count as activity points. Even just 5000 steps a day is 2 points for me -- even housework counts!

Has anyone ever had an overnight loss of more than 7 pounds? I've had a loss of 4 pounds (water?) - but never more and yesterday I weighed in at Medifast - this morning I weighed in at home (difference in scales is about .5 pound) and I was 10 pounds lighter.... I am of course going to check this out again tomorrow morning but it would explain my "lack of loss" for the past 2 weeks even though I kicked up my work-outs... and no it's not muscle changes because I've been working out since November.

Wow, Peggy Jo! That is amazing! Maybe it is a combination of Medifast and lack of loss. I will be interested to hear if it sticks. It is sounding like you and your hubby will be wearing matching outfits soon! :hippie:

Don't forget to send your weigh in and COW info to LuvBaloo and donac tomorrow. Good luck to all!

Hi everyone! I'm going to be your coach for a week starting tomorrow. I'm going to have my own little format. I'm going to start each day by posting a positive article to encourage us and then I'll have a second post with the question of the day and my answer to it.

I'm so excited. I've taken a month sabatical from weight loss & have been working hard to maintain where I am to see if I want to lose more and am thrilled to weigh the same after three weeks and do think I'm going to go ahead and lose three more pounds so I'm very excited & ready to spread that happiness to all my fellow WISHers.

Peggy Jo - that's a huge loss, and the only thing I can think off is water weight and constipation :confused3 I have frequently seen overnight changes of 5-8lbs, which is why I don't weigh in when I feel bloated/yucky.
I knew a great deal was water because I had a visit from my "friend" and with the flying less than 36 hours previously I wouldn't be surprised... I will let you know when I weigh in again on Wednesday - but I think I'll weigh-in Friday's for this site... so we shall see tomorrow morning. I'm eating very clean tonight to make sure it does stick!!!
Hi everyone! I'm going to be your coach for a week starting tomorrow. I'm going to have my own little format. I'm going to start each day by posting a positive article to encourage us and then I'll have a second post with the question of the day and my answer to it.

I'm so excited. I've taken a month sabatical from weight loss & have been working hard to maintain where I am to see if I want to lose more and am thrilled to weigh the same after three weeks and do think I'm going to go ahead and lose three more pounds so I'm very excited & ready to spread that happiness to all my fellow WISHers.
Thanks - :woohoo:

There's always room for one more. Our WeighIn day is Fridays, so just PM me (LuvBaloo) your weight tomorrow and you'll officially be entered.

:welcome: FLAngie! There is always room for another! Please PM your starting weight to LuvBaloo. We do our weigh ins on Friday. Also, you may want to check out the COW (challenge of the week) -- it is a great way to build on the healthy habits that we all need! Good luck!

Don't forget to send your weigh in and COW info to LuvBaloo and donac tomorrow. Good luck to all!

Thanks for the welcome! What is the COW (challenge of the week) and where do I find info for it. I looked through a lot of the post but didn't see anything about it, so I decided that I would be lazy and just ask!:rolleyes1

Thanks, estherhead for being our coach this week and a big, big thank you to TammyNC for coaching this week, in spite of computer problems. I am looking forward to seeing the inspirational quotes -- I really enjoy the Sparkpeople ones. We are excited to see what you do and appreciate all of the time and effort our coaches put into getting and keeping us motivated! :love:

Thanks for the welcome! What is the COW (challenge of the week) and where do I find info for it. I looked through a lot of the post but didn't see anything about it, so I decided that I would be lazy and just ask!:rolleyes1

The COW is a way to slowly develop good habits. We are in COW 5 now, the details about the COW are on p 48, post 714. You get points for doing healthy things like drinking water, using your pedometer, doing something nice for yourself. It is a good way to see some success besides the numbers on the scale. You can do as much or as little as you want but you should give it a try for at least a week. I love it! It is one of my favorite things about these challenges. Hey, I even took up the piano at age 49 this week because I was inspired by the challenge of learning something new!

I knew a great deal was water because I had a visit from my "friend" and with the flying less than 36 hours previously I wouldn't be surprised... I will let you know when I weigh in again on Wednesday - but I think I'll weigh-in Friday's for this site... so we shall see tomorrow morning. I'm eating very clean tonight to make sure it does stick!!!

Thanks - :woohoo:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it sticks. If it works, you will have to share your secret in detail because a quick 10 lb weight loss right now would really be a great motivator! I'm hoping it sticks and we see your name as the biggest loser next week -- you go, girl! :cheer2:

Drink lots of water before you go to bed tonight to help with weigh in tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter