BL Summer Challenge 2009

I got up and did my weigh in this morning. After 2 weeks of gains, I got a loss :cool1: of 0.6. I'm happy I managed to end up with a small overall loss for this challenge, and am confident I'll have more success in BL8!:goodvibes

Dona - sorry you're still having problems with your foot.

Yeah, I did it! I met my goal for the challenge! Thank goodness we extended it for a few extra weeks! :cool1:

My goal was to lose 15# and I ended up down 15.6 total. :woohoo:

I got on the Wii fit yesterday morning, and for the first time it told me I was overweight instead of obese. I've never been so happy to be called overweight! Everybody else in my house is normal or obese, so I'd never heard it say that before.

I'm hoping to take off 10 more pounds before we go to WDW on Thanksgiving, and then just maintain til after the first of the year before I stress too much about losing more. I'll still have 20# to go after that, but if I stress too much about losing over the holidays I'm afraid I'll go crazy and end up gaining a ton.

Congratulations to everyone who took part in the summer challenge. Whether you lost, maintained, or gained, you're better off than you would have been without the support and encouragement of the other people in the challenge, so you're already one step ahead to start the BL 8 Challenge!

QOTD: Do you plan to participate in BL8? Why or why not?
Definitely! WW is only once a week. A week is a long time, and I would have fallen off the wagon a long time ago if I didn't have this thread to come to when I needed a lift. Just reading about other people facing the same struggles and working to overcome them makes me realize that I can do this and I will reach my goal and keep it off for good!

Yeah, I did it! I met my goal for the challenge! Thank goodness we extended it for a few extra weeks! :cool1:

My goal was to lose 15# and I ended up down 15.6 total. :woohoo:

I got on the Wii fit yesterday morning, and for the first time it told me I was overweight instead of obese. I've never been so happy to be called overweight!
Congratulations on meeting your goal! :cheer2: It's awesome that you've achieved a healthier BMI. Go you! :woohoo:

Hi Everyone!

I am really excited because I lost 3.8 lbs this week! I know coaching made all the difference -- making sure I came to this thread every day kept my head in the game. I am going to use that strategy for BL8, I'm ready to post! :woohoo:

Maria :upsidedow

Way to bring it for the last week, Losers!

I have not yet weighed in - and am actually excused because I am at the Disneyland half marathon. It seems like a very, very underwhelming way to end the challenge, without a weigh in on the Final Friday. :guilty:

On the positive side, I finished the half this morning and saw many WISH friends on the course, too! And actually I do have a loss (and a gain) to report this week! I LOST over 31 minutes of time since my first half marathon in January. I finished in 2:28:10 this time, which is...I feel like it's really amazing. People train and work for months to shave off a few minutes. I had a couple of strikes against me in January, between the concussion in October that caused me to miss a month of training in November and the 40 additional pounds I was carrying, it is not surprising I ran this one faster, but a full half an hour! It was a great course and we were lucky that the weather mostly cooperated - it stayed cool and cloud covered the first two hours.

What did I gain? Two medals for completing the Coast to Coast challenge. The Disneyland Half Marathon medal is lovely, but the C2C is a Show-stopper!

I will weigh in on Tuesday morning, but would not be surprised if I was actually up a little - I tend to retain water a few days after a challenging run like this, but we'll see!

Corinna!!!! What an amazing post! Congrats on the 1/2 marathon! What an inspiration you are!

Sarah

corinnak - that's a great loss/gain story from your half marathon!

And here's the list of people that haven't reported in yet for the final weigh in! So if any of you are checking in and just forgot, there's still time to stand up be counted!

bobnjenn0828
disney1990
Donac
maznorm
SeedsLuvDisney
TammyNC
tink1963
yrdlyprincess​

Good morning everyone.

We are back from my sisters camp, and I am ready to get back to healthy living. We have two days to relax and get ready for school to start, but I'm going to go to the grocery store and stock up today. We've pretty much cooked on the barbeque or eaten out for 2 weeks, and though vacation has been wonderful, it will be nice to be home and get back into a routine.

A big congratulations to everyone here who has stuck this challenge out. Summer is a tough time to lose weight, and some of you have lost some amazing numbers!:cool1: If you've gained or maintained, I like to think how much worse off it could be if you hadn't been coming to this thread for inspiration. The fall will be a good time to lose, and it looks like most of us will be doing the next challenge!:banana:

:thanks::thanks::thanks: A really big thank you to Shannon for being weightkeeper, Dona for being cow keeper, and Lisa for organizing and keeping this challenge going. You all have been such a wonderful support system for me. Thank you also to all the weekly coaches. It's great to have a different coach each week.

Corinnak- congratulations on running the half marathon, and on your improvement in time. That is fabulous.:thumbsup2

Dona-:grouphug:It has been a rough summer for you with your surgery and all. I think a maintain is pretty awesome with all you've been through. Hope you're feeling better real soon.

Maria-3.8!!! awesome ending to a successful challenge. I always do better the week that I am coaching too. It does prove checking in daily does work.

sskem06- Congratulation on being overweight!!! I know that is such an accomplishment. That is my first big goal that I am working towards.

princessbride6205- congrats on your awesome loss this challenge!!

Jenjolt- the baggy pants story is funny. So nice when our clothes are too big, rather than too tight.

Lisa- Congrats on 9 pounds this summer, and 13 for the year. I know how hard it is, and truly feel that the slower it comes off, the more likely it will be permanent weight loss this time. You can be the poster child for checking in here frequently contributing to your success. Nice work!!:thumbsup2

Shannon- nice job on your loss this week. It's always motivating to see that scale go down.

Have a great day everyone.

Today's the day! Looking forward to the final results! Thanks to everyone who helped with this thread from those who participated to those who tracked our weight to those who coached!~ It's been great being a part of this group!

Sarah

Here we celebrate our progress and recognize our superstars for the last week of our BL Summer Challenge!

Reminders:
-I don't follow the BL TV version of handling gains. All losses are the simple formula of: (last week - this week) divided by last week

First some stats

not reporting in for 3 weeks --------- 2
not reporting in for 2 weeks ----------2
not reporting in for 1 week -----------1
Excused------------------------------2
DONE because they reached Goal------1
new recruits this week----------------0
weigh ins this week------------------16
gains--------------------------------6
maintains----------------------------2
losses------------------------------8

Summer Between BL Challenge Final Week
weekly total group LOSS for this week = 9.4 pounds

Average percentage of weight lossthis week 0.26%

Before the weekly superstar list comes the disclaimer. I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me.

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of final week? This week, the top losers list is a top 8 :banana:
(That criteria may change from week to week depending on the number of people/losses/gains, and sometimes just to spice it up! :goodvibes )

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge Final Week Superstars!!

#8-0.33% - LuvBaloo
#7-0.36% - MelanieC
#6-0.46% - PrincessBride6205
#5-0.71% - FLAngie
#4-1.04% - lulamc
#3-1.56% - sskem96
#2-1.84% - Worfiedoodles

and now

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge :cheer2:
Final Week Biggest Loser!!

#1-3.09%- sahbushka:banana::banana:

This summer challenge has been a struggle for some of us (including me). Remember to stay positive, be proud of your successes and learn from your mistakes.

Congratulations sahbushka!!!

We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser.

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version

31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by

or we have a medium version

31040weeklyBLmed.jpg

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by

and we have a small version

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg[IMG]

or use
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by [IMG]

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great!

:cool1:Here's the Final Results!

I'm sure everybody is curious to see how we ended up. So I'll get right down to it :goodvibes

Total starting participants. . . . . . . . . 34:cool1:
Total joining up part way through. . . . 13 :thumbsup2
Total dropping off . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 26 (Summer is tough!):upsidedow
Total who reached goal . . . . . . . . . . 1! Way to go SpaceMtnFan!:worship:

Total weight loss reported by all participants. . . . . 251.6pounds!:thumbsup2:cool1:

Now for the 21 of us, who stuck through until the end:
# who gained. . . . . . . . 4 :upsidedow
# who lost. . . . . . . . . . 17 :banana:
average loss . . . . . . . . 3.9% :cheer2:

And Here's the top Losers for the Challenge!

With 2% or Less:
MelanieC
Worfiedoodles
FLAngie
disney1990
LuvBaloo
MickeyMagic

Between 2 & 4%:
pjlla
lisah0711
SeedsLuvDisney

Between 5 & 8%:
maznorm

Between 8 & 10%:
PrincessBride6205
sskem96
bobnjenn0828
corinnak
(a star with losses every single week, except the last because she was away running a half-marathon!:worship:)

And now, there's a gap up to our next loser at 12.5%:
lulamc
(who never had a gain, she was steady with losses and maintains even after coming back from vacation!:worship:)

Our Top Losers at over 14%:
:dance3:SpaceMtnFan & Sahbushka!:dance3:

Congratulations Sahbushka! for being the Biggest Loser of our summer challenge! :cool1: You so totally rock! :rockband:
All of your had work this summer paid off -- I am so happy for you!

And a GREAT BIG CONGRATULATIONS to all of our other superstars, especially folks like corinnak and lulamc who did so well all summer long!

We should all be proud of ourselves for sticking with it through the summer!

A great big thanks to all of the participants, coaches, and Shannon (LuvBaloo) and donac (COW keeper) for making this challenge a great one! You guys are the best! :love:

Thanks for the cool statistics, Shannon. I am surprised that almost half the weight lost in the challenge was done in the last week! :confused3

The fall challenge sign up has started. It is a sticky at the top of the WISH boards. So please come join the conversation and good luck with the next challenge!

The weekly report had a few typos in it.

Sorry folks. I realized it earlier this morning, (thanks Sahbushka!) but then I couldn't get into it to change it.

So I'll go back and edit after I do this post.

But just to clarify, the 8 losers in the last week did not lose half the weight of the challenge. And Sahbuska did not have a loss every week, but she did do fantastic as you can tell by her 40pounds clippie!:worship:

:cool1:Here's the Final Results!

I'm sure everybody is curious to see how we ended up. So I'll get right down to it :goodvibes

Total starting participants. . . . . . . . . 34:cool1:
Total joining up part way through. . . . 13 :thumbsup2
Total dropping off . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 26 (Summer is tough!):upsidedow
Total who reached goal . . . . . . . . . . 1! Way to go SpaceMtnFan!:worship:

Total weight loss reported by all participants. . . . . 253.1pounds!:thumbsup2:cool1:

Now for the 21 of us, who stuck through until the end:
# who gained. . . . . . . . 4 :upsidedow
# who lost. . . . . . . . . . 17 :banana:
average loss . . . . . . . . 4.2% :cheer2:

And Here's the top Losers for the Challenge!

With 2% or Less:
MelanieC
Worfiedoodles
FLAngie
LuvBaloo
MickeyMagic

Between 2 & 4%:
pjlla
lisah0711
SeedsLuvDisney
disney1990

Between 5 & 8%:
maznorm

Between 8 & 10%:
PrincessBride6205
sskem96
bobnjenn0828
corinnak
(a star with losses every single week, except the last because she was away running a half-marathon!:worship:)

And now, there's a gap up to our next loser at 12.5%:
lulamc
(who never had a gain, she was steady with losses and maintains even after coming back from vacation!:worship:)

Our Top Losers at over 14%:
:dance3:SpaceMtnFan & Sahbushka!:dance3:

Congratulations to our big losers. :banana::banana:

I'm glad I ended the summer with a loss, even though it wasn't as much as I wanted.

party: Congratulations Sarah!!!party:
and a big congrats to all the losers!! Weigh to go!!!:thumbsup2

I know summer is such a tough time to lose weight, and maintaining can be just as tough, so you all should be commended for sticking to it, and seeing those pounds gone forever.

And a kudos to those 4 of us who gained. We stuck with it, and now that fall is upon us, it's time to become losers.

Thank you Shannon for being an awesome weightkeeper. It was so nice to know when you would post the results, and love the final statistics.

See you all on the other thread!:woohoo:

Congrats to all the participants. Wether you lost or gained we all stuck it out throughout the summer. ON to BL8. See you there.

Wow..... those BL summer challenge statistics are AWESOME!

I love seeing stats like that. My biggest THANKS to Lisa, Shannon, and Dona for all they did to coordinate and keep this challenge going. :worship:

To those of you who lost during this challenge.... WAY TO GO! It is so tough to continue losing during the summer.

To those of you who maintained during this challenge.... that is what is is all about! :cheer2: It is truly more difficult to maintain (even if it is not at your ideal weight) than anything else.

To those of you who saw a gain this summer, but CONTINUED to come join us on this thread.... YOU ROCK!! :banana: It is SO hard to come talk to your "group", whether it is a group IRL, like a WW meeting, or an on-line group like us here, when you KNOW your weight isn't heading in the right direction. But you definitely did the right thing and kept trying to get your mind and heart headed in the right direction. Congrats to you.... the fall will hopefully find you in a "losing" frame of mind and body.

I can't wait to see you all (plus some new friends) over on the BL8 Challenge. ..........................P

WOO HOO AND CYBER FIVE TO
SpaceMtnFan & Sahbushka

and to everyone who loss......:rockband: i will say it out loud, i gained. our 11 days at WDW is still hanging around my middle and very unwelcomed! but i will perservere......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter