BL Summer Challenge 2009

lisah0711

♥ her Disney office
Good morning, losers!

Welcome to the first day of the Between the BLs Challenge Summer 2009.

I will be your coach this week. Please be sure and PM your starting weight to our weightkeeper, LuvBaloo today. Our first weigh in will be Friday, 5/22.

Like in previous challenges, we will have a QOTD (question of the day). This is a fun way to keep the dialogue going and get to know each other. Not all QOTD will have something to do with weightloss or getting healthy -- lots of times they are about the happiest place on earth, KWIM?

Today's QOTD is a two part question. Tell us a little about yourself and your goals for this challenge.

I am 48 and married for 15 years. We have a DS who is 9, soon to be 10. :scared1: DH and I are self-employed as attorneys so we work hard but have a lot of flexibility in our schedules. It makes our stressful jobs much better.

I've struggled with my weight most of my life, especially since I've been married. My big goal is to lose 100 pounds. I am afraid this may be my last chance to get myself back after letting myself go for so long. My goal for this challenge is to lose 25 pounds. That is a big goal but I can do it if I work very, very hard. I gained enough between this challenge and the last -- where did that come from?!? -- that I had to remove my WISH 10 pound ribbon. So my mini goal is to get that back!

Kathy and Tammy, sounds like you are both raring to go. What is PFP?

Have a great day everyone!

Morning loosers!

QOTD: Well, I hit 60 this year and it's getting more and more difficult to lose weight, so I MUST get the job done now. I've been overweight most of my adult life (was a skinny, active kid....pre puberty!), and I know what it takes to get the weight loss job done...I just need to DO IT! I need to lose 100 pounds. I have a goal of a 25 pound loss by Labor Day and my WDW trip and DCL cruise, and it would be great to achieve that by the end of this challenge, but 20 for this challenge will make me happy (see...I've already forgotten the end date here....).

I'm following Weight Watchers on-line, as WW has always been good to me in the past, I just need to keep my commitment to IT.

Off to PM Shannon!

Good morning everyone! Looking forward to this challenge. This is going to take me right up to our vacation!:banana:

Same here - I leave the evening of 8/6, so I won't be able to finish - expect I can probably blackberry from Disney :)

I lost 1lb this week - I'm ready to start this "Between" challenge. I'm psyched and ready to go!

Good morning! I'm so happy I found this challenge!

My name is Lynda, and I am 36 years old. Happily married for 15 years and the mom of two kids. My dd Lauren is 13 and my ds Cory is 12. I work full time at a moderately stressful job at a public university. We live in Texas.

I've been overweight since I had my kids, you can only blame the baby weight so long! I have had some ups and downs over the years, mostly ups. I lost about 40 pounds on Jenny Craig years ago, and after the weight crept back (plus some) I lost about 40 pounds again eating low cal/low fat and working out. Unfortunately, that crept back plus more. NOW, I am more determine than ever. I have about 80 pounds total to lose, and have lost 16 so far. But, since this is a summer challenge, my I'll set my goal for this at 30 pounds. BTW, I am now doing a low-carb diet and I LOVE IT. And, I work out everyday.

We are going to WDW June 20-27, then to my parents in Ohio for a week, so I realize that will be a challenge for me as I have a much harder time dieting when good food is staring me in the face!

Sorry to be so long, I'm really excited to be a part of this!

Today's QOTD is a two part question. Tell us a little about yourself and your goals for this challenge.

have a great day everyone!

I am 30 years old, married for 7 years and have 2 children ages 4 and 10mo. I work in a sedentary job and have been heavy all my life. I lost 100 lbs about 6 years ago on WW but put it back on with my 2 pregnancies and haven't been able to get it off since. I wear a uniform to work and the largest pants they offer are getting too small :scared1: so I knew it was time to do something. I joined WW a couple days ago and am looking forward to working on this. My family is going to DL in September with my Sister in law and her family and I am worried about fitting in the plane seat for the ride down. My goal for this challenge is 25 lbs. I would love to be down that in 8 weeks so I can hit a personal goal by my 31st birthday but am not going to do anything crazy to get there. I am going to follow the program and let the pounds fall where they may!

Morning loosers!

QOTD: Well, I hit 60 this year and it's getting more and more difficult to lose weight, so I MUST get the job done now. I've been overweight most of my adult life (was a skinny, active kid....pre puberty!), and I know what it takes to get the weight loss job done...I just need to DO IT! I need to lose 100 pounds. I have a goal of a 25 pound loss by Labor Day and my WDW trip and DCL cruise, and it would be great to achieve that by the end of this challenge, but 20 for this challenge will make me happy (see...I've already forgotten the end date here....).

I'm following Weight Watchers on-line, as WW has always been good to me in the past, I just need to keep my commitment to IT.

Off to PM Shannon!

I am following WW too and have a similar long term loss need! We can do it! Good luck!

Sarah

Hi everyone

Goals for this challenge: To lose 10lbs per month or close to that to be in the 140's by my vacation (leaving on 8/6). Also to fit back into all my shorts that I have so that I don't need to buy more. As of today I'm 166.2

About me: I'll be 40 this July, and I'd really like to lose this weight once and for all. I was super skinny growing up till about 16. I wasn't fat then by any means, but I think that was the start of feeling like I was. I'm short - so any extra really makes me look bigger. I also am very big chested, so unfortunately this makes me look bigger also. I have two kids DS11 & DD17 and have been married for almost 22 years. I got to my WW goal weight in 2003 when DH went to the war in Iraq. That was 131 as my lowest. I was wearing size 4 pants, and still needed to lose about another 5-8 pounds to be doing really good since I'm so short. Well I only was at 131 for about a day. I gained a little and managed to stay in the 130's and 140's for a year or so and then got almost to 160 before I did the WISH Disney 1/2 Marathon in 2005 as well as another 1/2 marathon in Ocean City MD the same year. I got back down in the 140's and felt good through 2007 my last Disney family trip. That winter I gained into the 150's & low 160's from thanksgiving to Decemeber and then I had a hard time struggling to keep it at high 150's & 160's. Last July we went on a family trip and I was low 160's. When we got back it went up a little and then I went up to the to low 170's. DH went to Afghanistan and I still struggled. Over Christmas we went to Vegas to visit my mom for our first ever Christmas in Vegas with the kids. When we got back we started the BL 7 challenge. I was at 176.6. I got down to 165 during the challenge and then went to Florida and got derailed the following week after a weekend in Virginia at a Nascar race. I struggled all of April and finally got back on track at the beginning of this month. Today I'm at 166.2 and we leave for Disney in 83 days. I must kick this into gear and just DO THIS! I've set a goal of 10lbs each month. Not on track this month -but I'd be happy to get close to 150. Right now I'm concentrating on getting into the 150's and then I will re-concentrate on the 140's. I'll get there - I know I can do it and knowing I only have 83 days seems to have put me in panic mode. I've done this before - I know I can do it.

Oh - Also, I count calories now and don't do WW's anymore. I track on www.sparkpeople.com

well i've already made my first blunder....sorry LuvBaloo....i PMed my weight a week early i guess. just disregard

i'm off for a weekend at a dog show with my DD....I'll post about me and read about YOU! when i get home!

make this weekend count! each day matters!!!

I'm 35 years old. I'm a WW leader and adore WW but I'm struggling right now to lose/maintain weight. I only have 10 lbs to lose but am losing it sooooooo slowly that it will take me all summer. Right now I'm eating around 1200 calories a day but two days a week I eat 500-700 or so more. For me, this is the only way to lose weight. To mix up light eating days with a few heavier. If I do this perfectly I can lose about 3 lbs a month.

I have 3 girls: 8, 7, 2. And a very supportive dh. My challenges are how quickly I can gain weight & how slowly I lose it. How much I ADORE food. Love it. And my lack of time to exercise. I work 3 part time jobs (one is baking wedding cakes, yikes!) so my schedule is crazy busy one week & normal busy the next. When it is normal busy I am all over exercise. But when it's crazy busy... So I'm inconsistent with the activity.

Hello fellow Losers! I am a 56 and have a DD17. We are hooked on Disney. We like both WDW and DL and love DCL!! We are DVC members and typically go on a Disney trip about 3 times a year!

I have been following Weight Watchers since November. I hit a rough patch after a mid-March cruise, but am back on track. I am closing in on 25 pounds lost in about 6-1/2 months. I am hoping for a 10 pound loss during the summer BL challenge.

Good luck to all!!!

Hi!

My name is Maria and I'm 40, I've been married for 16 years and we have one ds11. I work full-time in a mostly sedentary job. I've been heavy since grad school (I ate my way through my thesis :eek:) many moons ago, lost 25 lbs a couple of times, but...I have plenty to lose. My goal for this Challenge is to lose 10 lbs. I've only managed to lose 10 total since January 1, but I'm going to be ambitious! I did the last two challenges, but I didn't have a good mix of working out and eating right, and I just didn't lose much. I changed everything up at the end of April, and I've had great results since then.

I've completed the WDW Half Marathon twice (yes, you can be athletic and heavy), and I'm signed up for my 3rd in January. I would really like to lose alot of weight so I can be much faster, and enjoy myself more. I run or walk 4mi most days of the week.

We are going on vacation June 18-28 (Orlando, here we come! :yay:), so I'm going to have a huge challenge not to gain back everything I've lost while we're gone. My birthday is June 8, and I'm also trying to reach a major weight milestone by that date. I'm on track, but I have to follow my plan to get there. I do WW online, and when I follow it, it works. I'm also reading The Beck Diet Solution, and it has really helped with the mental aspects. I feel strong and lighter, and I just want to keep going! :woohoo:

Thanks to the organizers for running this Challenge. I can't believe how helpful it is! :grouphug:

Maria :upsidedow

Hi,

Just a little about myself - I am 36, married for 15 years to my high school sweetheart (well really jr high - ha,ha). We have 2 kids 13 and 11. I never had a weight problem until having kids and have struggled with it since. We have started a walk/jog program and I also have started wearing a gowearfit monitor which tells me how many calories I have burned. It really makes me aware of the food I put in my mouth. One of my major challenges right now is that I work nights, 3 12hr shifts.

My goal for this challenge is to lose 20lbs and to be able to actually run a 5k. My son and I are doing a 5k on Memorial Day - he will run and I will be mostly walking.:goodvibes

Good luck everyone!!

***participant information for Between the BLs (Biggest Loser) starting May 15, 2009***

lisah0711
LuvBaloo
Donac
TammyNC
50sjayne
BibbidyBobbidyBoo
mikamah
tink1963
Maherae
Corinnak
pjilla
MelanieC
MickeyMagic
ohMom
RangerPooh
lulamc
uptown girl44
Worfiedoodles
bobnjenn0828
ibouncetoo
estherhead
Eeyores Butterfly
Newholidayx2
PRINCESS VIJA
njmom23grls
sahbushka
My2E's
njcarita
Sleeping*Beauty
princessbride6205
CruiseBoundnKY
mefordis
dizneedoll
sskem96
DisneyFam5
sneezie
maznorm
SpaceMtnFan
tessiemez
riverhill
luvthemouse71
sdchickie
Julianna07
PrincessCKL
robinb

updated thru post #693

Important information about our challenge http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2173748

Looking for the COW?
Week 1 COW, p. 11 post 157

Week 2 COW, p. 20 post 293
Week 3 COW, p. 33 post 485
Week 4 COW, p. 40 post 586

Welcome, Sarah (sahbuska)!

I copied our participant list to this thread so I can keep it updated.

It is so nice to see so many happy, motivated people joining us on our journey to good health! :goodvibes

We are off to see the Spokane Symphony do "The Music of Disney" tonight -- it was my Mother's Day present. :lovestruc We are going out to eat first where I will fill up on salad, stay away from the bread and eat half of whatever I order. I was also very, very careful with what I ate and my exercise today so I can stay on track.

Have a great evening all!

Hi!

. I do WW online, and when I follow it, it works. I'm also reading The Beck Diet Solution, and it has really helped with the mental aspects. I feel strong and lighter, and I just want to keep going! :woohoo:

Oh, my sister just gave me this book to read. It's sitting on my dining room table just waiting for me to pick it up! :lmao:

We are off to see the Spokane Symphony do "The Music of Disney" tonight -- it was my Mother's Day present. :lovestruc

Oh, that sounds so wonderful! Unfortunately I don't know if I'd be able to keep QUIET and not try to sing along. :scared1:

Just saw this new thread and it is a sign. I must join. Just yesterday DH and I had the discussion about moving the Bowflex out of his shop into the house so we will actually USE IT!

I am 34 year old, have 2 daughters, 10 and 14. During the Biggest Loser 7 Challenge i lost 17 pounds. I joined the 7.1 challenge, but never really did anything. I didn't even report my weigh ins, even though I did them. Just kind of got in a slump I guess, although I have managed to maintain my weight over the last month or so. I just kind of gain then loose the same 2 or 3 pounds.

This challenge, my goals are to loose 10-15 more pounds, and to really concentrate on exercising again. I would love to be able to do a 5K by the time the summer is over.

Jackie -- I highly recommend The Beck Diet Solution. Thinking about what I'm doing is the hardest part for me, and this book has really been helpful.

I did my 4 mi run this morning, and this afternoon I'm taking ds shopping for dh's birthday on Wed. Hopefully I'll burn a few calories walking around the mall!

My name is LuvBaloo. I've been married for 11 years, although DH & I have been together for 19 years. We were high school friends who became a couple 2 days after graduating, so not quite high school sweethearts;)
I have to DD's ages 4 & 7. I work full time and am taking one correspondence course at a time hoping to switch careers.
My weight slowly crept up through my adult years, and last Christmas I decided to get my butt in gear and do something about it. I started BL7 in January and have been slowly chipping off the pounds this year.

I'm happy that so many people have sent their starting weights in, and unfortunately I haven't done mine yet. I use the WiiFit for my scale, and DH set up the new TV on Thursday evening and hasn't got the Wii working yet :mad: He was supposed to have it working for this morning, but there's still no picture, so when gets up he wakes up he'll have to fix it for me!:confused3

Oh, that sounds so wonderful! Unfortunately I don't know if I'd be able to keep QUIET and not try to sing along. :scared1:

I did have to get my DS who is 9 to stop "conducting" once. I told him to do his conducting by his knees. :rotfl: There was an adult behind me who had a comment about just about everything at the beginning but finally quieted down. It was a wonderful concert and they did music from the Pirates of the Caribean for the encore. It is a treat to watch those songs played live!

Just saw this new thread and it is a sign. I must join.

Welcome! Be sure and PM your starting weight to LuvBaloo. First weigh in is Friday, 5/22. You may want to read the sticky at the top of the WISH page, too, if you haven't already.

I did my 4 mi run this morning, and this afternoon I'm taking ds shopping for dh's birthday on Wed. Hopefully I'll burn a few calories walking around the mall!

Nice job getting that exercise done right off the bat!

Thank you again for being our weightkeeper, LuvBaloo. Hope the WiiFit gets hooked up soon. I don't know why it is so hard to connect all the electronics to the t.v. but it is!

QOTD -- What are your plans for the summer? How will your plans help or hinder your goals for this challenge?

I have a DL trip coming up on 6/10. That helps my goals because I working, working to get in better shape for that trip. I can tell the 30 day shred video is giving me stamina. Still working on that in between days workout. Today I'll track my steps and make sure they are up there.

Later this summer, we will go to Lake Okoboji with all of DH's family. They have a places that has been in the family for 116 years. Everyone takes turns cooking so you don't have a lot of control of what is served. I am going to have to come up with some strategies to be sure I stay on track no matter who is cooking.

Have a great day, losers! Take good care of yourselves. :goodvibes

Good Sat morning. I just pm'd Luvbaloo my starting weight.

I will be 54 the 29th of this month. I lost some weight a couple of years ago but it has all come back. A good deal of it has been from this year. Ds2 left for college and is having not only fun but doing well (we are talking Dean's List well) but a month after he left I came down with shingles. If I am very tired I will still feel the pain but it has made me very lazy since It took me over two months to get off the medication. I also just found out (this week) that the bunion on my left foot is the least of my worries. My arch is extremely flat, there is a third bone spur and then the ankle has arthritis. I am reading everything I can about arthritis do see if there is a better diet to help it. It does hinder me in walking but I know I have to do something because what I have read so far all talks about keeping active and losing weight. Might be hard to do if I do get the bunion removed in June.

I have been married for almost 31 years this AUg and have 2 great sons 24 and 19. I could not ask for a better husband (college sweethearts) or sons. I have been at the same job for 32 years. I teach math and especially in the past few years AP calc. I love what I do and most of the kids are great.

Good luck to everyone. I will be introducing a new COW next week

QOTD -- What are your plans for the summer? How will your plans help or hinder your goals for this challenge?

We had started to plan a beach trip, but then my car started acting up and we decided it was time for a new one. So, that kind of dipped into our vacation $. Now we just can't decide if we will go or not. I suppose it is somewhat hindering me at the moment. If I had definite plans I think I would be more determined to lose a little more in order to look good in the old bathing suit.

I am going to try to start thinking about it like we will go anyway. I definitely need to go shopping today. We have no groceries! Nothing healthy to eat this morning! I am so not organized starting this yet, but plan to get it together today! I am one of those people that have a hard time eating right for some reason if I don't have it all planned out. I know it sounds crazy, but if my house is messy it makes it harder for me to eat healthy and exercise. For some reason I just want to be lazier when the house is a wreck.:confused3 Crazy huh?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter