BL Summer Challenge 2009

Whoo hoo!!:cool1: Congratulations all you biggest losers!!!:cool1:
Thank you luvbaloo for being our weight keeper! You are awesome!!

. Like I said before.... you can't control your Mom's illness, but you can control what you do FOR YOURSELF! P
Thanks P. I wrote this down on a postit on my desk as a great reminder for myself. Thanks for the prayers.

Remembering the good times and learning from the bad.Memory can be used for good or for evil. If you use your past as a source of learning, it's worth remembering. If, however, all you do is mull over your mistakes and punish yourself for your failures, it's a waste of time. Rehashing failure can paralyze you in mortal fear of making another mistake, which, of course, just makes the feeling worse and practically guarantees future letdowns. The key to making meaningful changes is to pay more attention to the future than to the past. Have you ever noticed that the best athletes also have the shortest and most selective memories? Instead of dwelling on a missed shot or a flawed dive, they concentrate on making corrections and getting the next one right. It's as if the failed attempt never happened. It's forgotten and they don't fear trying again. If you mess up, even in an epic, life-altering way, work hard to leave it behind and concentrate on the possibilities yet to come. Tomorrow is much brighter when it's not smeared with a fixation on yesterday.

So for those of us who strayed from our good heathy habits this week, forgive yourself, learn from your mistake, and spend that energy looking forward instead of kicking yourself for being human.
!
Thanks Lisa. This is such a good reminder, and I'm usually pretty good about not beating myself up after a bad day, and getting right back on the wagon. It's really the mindless eating that can continue for days that gets me in trouble.

Morning all. Hope everyone is having a great op day! I am on WW and have been staying exactly on my target points every day so I decided to break it up and have a high point day yesterday. My dh and I went to the new Sonic in town as neither of us has ever been to one and he really wanted to go. I purposefully ordered a lot of food and had my high point day. I used 17 of my weekly points but it was such a large unhealthy meal and I had a hard time sleeping last night because I just didn't feel good, ya know? Anyway, I hope the plan to shake it up works because I would really like to see some bigger losses!
I've heard lots of people on ww have good luck when they mix their days up with higher points and lower point days, and my ww leader is actually encouraging it. It keeps the body's metabolism from getting used to one level all day, and helps keep it up.

Burger King: Veggie Burger, no cheese, no mayo with apples on the side

:
I never knew bk had a veggie burger. That's so good to know, we'll have to try bk instead of Mcd's next time.

No we aren't but my other sis Di and Jackie are always told that! Jackie is older - I guess I'm not aging very well.... sniff sniff but then again Jackie did say that photo of her was 7 years old - so maybe I don't need to dive into a sea of despiration quite yet... :rotfl2::thumbsup2
No tears please, didn't mean to offend. :) You do look alike, and if the avatar pics were bigger, I"m sure you'd look much younger than your sis!:rotfl:

I lost 2.6 last week! It was such a nice boost after maintaining for forever.

Monday QOTD: I try to. I am currently having some severe abdominal issues that I've posted about elsewhere. I can never tell if it is directly related to food or something else (undergo an endoscopy/colonoscopy next week). The frustrating part is the same thing one day will be fine but the next day will be terrible. I've only been able to figure out one or two things that are definitely off limits.
Congrats on the loss, and good luck with your procedures next week.

I took a 12 mile bike ride with DH and DS11 tonight. There were so many hills involved and I guess I had my gears set too high too - I noticed at one point when going up a hill that it seemed like the brakes were on because it got SO hard pedal (duh - yeah)! Even my arms are sore from the angle and holding the handle bar so tight!
Awesome Melanie. We went about 3 miles yesterday. My son is 7, and loving his bike, but it's a single speed, so we don't do to well on hills yet.
I'm actually going to get out this morning for about half an hour and ride before work.

Monday QOTD: Are you in tune with how your body reacts to foods? Do you listen to your body for cue's it gives you?
I'd say I'm not that in tune to my body as far as food goes. I do try to slow down while i'm eating and enjoy the taste. I have noticed lately that spicy foods will give me some heartburn, and really fatty foods tend to run through a little too quickly. That over eating, full bloated feeling is so not fun, but I need to think of that before I go off the deep end.

Originally Posted by MelanieC
Tuesday's QOTD: What is your favorite piece of equipment (equipment, propt, video, etc) for working out?
I guess it would be my hand weights, and my bike. I don't really have any other equipment

Have a great day everyone!

congrats everyone! extra cyber high five for SpcMtnFan!!

I'm going to toot my own horn and wish myself a happy birthday!

My way of celebrating ME is to stay OP as much as possible today. I originally was thinking that I might hop to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast instead of my usual at home... you know... I DESERVE a nice breakfast. But I started thinking about it. What I REALLY deserve to to be healthy, happy, and slim. So I skipped the Dunkins and really enjoyed my usual breakfast of French Vanilla Cafe and high fiber cereal with skim milk. I deserve a healthy body MORE than I deserve all those Dunkins calories (large latte light with Splenda and a veggie eggwhite flatbread is 9 points!!)

I have been CRAVING fried clams lately... since seeing a newspaper article about a new place that opened. I have been mentally planning how yummy those fried clams, french fries, and onion rings were going to be.... after all, I DESERVE them since I have been working so hard on losing weight. But again, after thinking about it.... I DESERVE a slim healthy body. So our dinner plans are Applebee's where I will order from their WW menu and I am SURE that I will thoroughly enjoy it!.................P

What I REALLY deserve to to be healthy, happy, and slim.

P - you are brilliant. What a wonderful way to celebrate, by taking good care of yourself so you can celebrate many, many more times. I am so impressed with the way your thinking has shifted. When unhealthier foods stop looking so much like tempting "rewards" and start looking like impediments to the things you REALLY want, you know your brain is in a new place!

:bday:

Congratulations to everyone who lost and maintained last week!

:cheer2::dance3::yay:HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PJLLA! :yay::dance3::cheer2:

Congrats and sticking with your plan on your birthday. You are soooo right, we all deserve a healthy body and feeling fit. I'm going to remember this the next time a piece of fried chicken stares me in the face!

This morning I hit my WW 5% goal. :woohoo:And I'm averaging 1.6 pounds per week (not bad for a still inactive old lady). So my next goal is to drop 17 more in the next 11 weeks till my WDW trip. I'll have some mini-goals along the way to keep on track...next one is that 15 pound WISH clippie!

...time to go pack my lunch....

Happy Birthday, PJLLA!

QOTD Tuesday: Fave equipment?
Favorite equipment at the gym: elliptical machine
Fave accessory: iPod Touch - watching the Biggest Loser on my iPod while I work out is so motivating! Now I'm listening to podcasts and deciding my next show to download.

Congratulations SpaceMtnFan and to all the other losers! :cool1:
I'm glad to see our group is heading in the right direction even as our numbers dwindle. :sad1: Remember there is lots of summer left and plenty of time to get back on track and be ahead of the game when fall rolls around. You can do it! :thumbsup2

Thanks Lisa. This is such a good reminder, and I'm usually pretty good about not beating myself up after a bad day, and getting right back on the wagon. It's really the mindless eating that can continue for days that gets me in trouble. Have a great day everyone!

Oh, yes, Kathy, the mindless eating. :hug: I'll be glad when our new healthy habits have really set and mindless eating is a thing of the past!

My way of celebrating ME is to stay OP as much as possible today. I originally was thinking that I might hop to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast instead of my usual at home... you know... I DESERVE a nice breakfast. But I started thinking about it. What I REALLY deserve to to be healthy, happy, and slim. So I skipped the Dunkins and really enjoyed my usual breakfast of French Vanilla Cafe and high fiber cereal with skim milk. I deserve a healthy body MORE than I deserve all those Dunkins calories (large latte light with Splenda and a veggie eggwhite flatbread is 9 points!!)

And that sounded like a reasonably healthy breakfast before you said the points . . . :rotfl:

A great big :bday:party: happy, happy birthday to you, Pamela!

You have so much to celebrate after all your hard work paying off for you! You totally rock and are an inspiration to us all!

Congrats and sticking with your plan on your birthday. You are soooo right, we all deserve a healthy body and feeling fit. I'm going to remember this the next time a piece of fried chicken stares me in the face!

This morning I hit my WW 5% goal. :woohoo:And I'm averaging 1.6 pounds per week (not bad for a still inactive old lady). So my next goal is to drop 17more in the next 11 weeks till my WDW trip. I'll have some mini-goals along the way to keep on track...next one is that 15 pound WISH clippie!

And a great big congratulations to you, Jackie, for making your mini-goal. I'm chasing the 15 pound WISH clippie, too. I am going to have to work really hard the next few days to get there. :woohoo:

Have a great day, losers!

I think I am caught up on reading now, WOW, I had a ways to go.

Congrat's to all the losers this week, great job!!

No time to respond to posts but hopefully the internet will corporate and stay on-line for a few more days until our new modem comes in.

Going to try and get my moose back into my sig too;).

This morning I hit my WW 5% goal. :woohoo:And I'm averaging 1.6 pounds per week (not bad for a still inactive old lady). So my next goal is to drop 17 more in the next 11 weeks till my WDW trip. I'll have some mini-goals along the way to keep on track...next one is that 15 pound WISH clippie!

Way to go on the 5%... I remember that moment and it was exciting.

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes!..................P

He everyone! I'm back in the challenge :). I PM'd my starting weight to LuvsBaloo and I am ready to go. I am sad to say that I am at exactly the same weight I was at when I started the LAST challenge. BUT ... I started Weight Watcher's (again *sigh*) this week and I am way more accountable than I was last time.

I have been CRAVING fried clams lately... since seeing a newspaper article about a new place that opened. I have been mentally planning how yummy those fried clams, french fries, and onion rings were going to be.... after all, I DESERVE them since I have been working so hard on losing weight. But again, after thinking about it.... I DESERVE a slim healthy body. So our dinner plans are Applebee's where I will order from their WW menu and I am SURE that I will thoroughly enjoy it!.................P
What a fabulous attitude!! I love it!! Enjoy your day you healthy, slim girl you!! Whoo hoo!!
party::bday:party:
He everyone! I'm back in the challenge :). I PM'd my starting weight to LuvsBaloo and I am ready to go. I am sad to say that I am at exactly the same weight I was at when I started the LAST challenge. BUT ... I started Weight Watcher's (again *sigh*) this week and I am way more accountable than I was last time.
Welcome back, and congrats on starting ww again!! We have all been there, and I like to think of where I might be if I hadn't come back to ww again. Twice I rejoined ww at 20 pounds more than my previous starting ww weight, and this time, I had lost 40 pounds, and kept 20 off, so by coming back, I'm ahead of the game. You can do it!!
At our ww meeting a few weeks ago, they talked about how quiet it gets over the summer, and if you don't come to the meetings, people average gaining 10-15 pounds, but if we keep going to the meetings, even if we don't lose over the summer, we can usually maintain, so that puts us ahead of the game if we had stopped going.

Oh, yes, Kathy, the mindless eating. :hug: I'll be glad when our new healthy habits have really set and mindless eating is a thing of the past!
It will be a thing of the past, won't it? We can stick to this and do it!!

Whoo hoo!! Congrats on your 5%!! 1.6 a week is awesome!!

Thanks everyone for the inspiration you just gave me to have a healthy snack, and get out for a bike ride with my son. I rode 30 min this morning, and after his dentist appt, we'll head out to the park. I definitely do better the more I check in here.

Have a great evening.

:welcome: robinb! Any time I don't gain, I feel like I am ahead of the game. Would I rather be in losing mode? Oh, yeah! But maintaining beats gaining and losing will come soon, too.

At our ww meeting a few weeks ago, they talked about how quiet it gets over the summer, and if you don't come to the meetings, people average gaining 10-15 pounds, but if we keep going to the meetings, even if we don't lose over the summer, we can usually maintain, so that puts us ahead of the game if we had stopped going.

This is so true. Even our thread is quieter than it was when we started but our stats show we are still heading in the right direction -- slowly but surely!
Nice job with bike ride!

Thunder storms are rolling through so will have to log off the computer. Have a great evening, losers!

Closed on my house today. Would have been better if I weren't feeling like total crap. Doc told me that to prepare for my procedures next week I have to take Milk of Magnesia before I go to bed since constipation is one of my symptoms. It did nothing for me. I ended up with some of the worst cramps I have had yet and feeling like I was going to hurl, not to mention it did psycho things to my blood sugar. The night before last I had cramps so bad I could barely walk. Makes it difficult to get anything done. Thank God I'm feeling a million times better now.

I'm not really coutning points or anything, I've been bouncing back and forth between my parent's house, my new house, and my current apartment, each a 2 hours drive from eachother. I figure once I get moved in I can really get serious.

:flower3::cool1:Happy Birthday PJLLA! :cool1::flower3:

:cheer2::dance3::yay:HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PJLLA! :yay::dance3::cheer2:

:thumbsup2:cool1::banana: Way to go Jackie! That's a great average loss! :thumbsup2

:welcome: I love seeing more people signing up!

Closed on my house today. Would have been better if I weren't feeling like total crap. Doc told me that to prepare for my procedures next week I have to take Milk of Magnesia before I go to bed since constipation is one of my symptoms. It did nothing for me. I ended up with some of the worst cramps I have had yet and feeling like I was going to hurl, not to mention it did psycho things to my blood sugar. The night before last I had cramps so bad I could barely walk. Makes it difficult to get anything done. Thank God I'm feeling a million times better now.

I'm not really coutning points or anything, I've been bouncing back and forth between my parent's house, my new house, and my current apartment, each a 2 hours drive from eachother. I figure once I get moved in I can really get serious.

You have such a hectic life right now! When do you start your new job?

#10-0.84%- DisneyFam5
#9- 0.95% - CruiseBoundnKY
#8-1.14% - Sneezie
#7-1.34% - Donac
#6-1.39% - lisah0711
#5-1.40% - LuvBaloo
#4-1.66% - Eeyores Butterfly
#3-1.67% - tessiemez
#2-1.77% - lulamc

and now

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge :cheer2:
Week 4 Biggest Loser!!

:jumping1:
#1-2.02%-SpaceMtnFanparty:

Congratulations to everyone - Woo hoo look at all those biggest loser's :worship:

:bday: - OMG you rock. This is huge and it really is what we all strive for. You are getting what this is all about and it's not about rewards. It's so hard to mentally come to this place where you can decide that being healthier is better than the instant gratification that food gives you.

In my next post - I'll tell you about my decision that was similar to this. Great job - way to go :banana::banana:

Woo hoo on the WW goal for 5%. 1.6 is great! I'm barely scraping by with 1 if even that. Go for the 15lb - you can do it :)

I'm chasing the 15 pound WISH clippie, too. I am going to have to work really hard the next few days to get there. :woohoo:

Have a great day, losers!

You will be there soon - keep up the great work :)

Woo hoo - Welcome back :)

Thanks everyone for the inspiration you just gave me to have a healthy snack, and get out for a bike ride with my son. I rode 30 min this morning, and after his dentist appt, we'll head out to the park. I definitely do better the more I check in here.

I so agree- everyone here is so motivating and it always makes me think about my choices. Awesome ob on the bike ride.

Thunder storms are rolling through so will have to log off the computer. Have a great evening, losers!

Hope they weren't too bad!! Stay safe!

Woo hoo on the closing of your house. I'm glad your feeling better - sounds like it wasn't fun at all.

Hang in there till you get moved. I know the transitition periods when things are hectic like that can be bad.

This week has seen a rise in the scale and I don't know why. I increased my veggie and fruit intake (maybe the fruit?) and also increased my exercise (finally -whew)! It did go down a little today, but not sure what it is going to be tomorrow.......especially since I have WI tomorrow because we will be gone.

Tomorrow evening we take DD17 to see her #1 college on her list. Well technically it's the only one she wants to consider......kids can be so stuborn. It's in Missouri and we are driving it will be about 16 hours to get there. We are also taking a side trip to Kansas to visit my Dad and my two great Aunt's on Father's Day. It's awesome that it works out that I will get to see my Dad on Father's Day. Woo hoo.

Sorry I haven't been on much the past two days, my tummy was off yesterday and I didn't feel that great. I basically ate anything I craved since nothing sounded good. I ended up with 1500 calories, so that wasn't bad at all considering I wasn't feeling good and I was just eating anything that remotely sounded appealing.

Today is better but it was still a little off. It was easier though to eat healthier things.

Tonight though I was craving a Whopper and I even got the money back from my MAC card to go. But as I was driving back towards the restaurant I talked myself out of it and I came home and made a bowl of oat bran with a little raw honey and raw coconut butter on it. Way healthier and a lot less calories than the whopper. Yeah me for making a better descision.

Sorry the QOTD is late, busy day at work - I've been working 10 hour days this week and then tonight I had to pack and grab some stuff from Target, the grocery store and get more cat food from the vets.

Wednesday QOTD: If you could go to WDW right now- Where would you be and what would you be doing?

I would be at MK walking down Mainstreet getting ready to start a fabulous day!!!

Wednesday QOTD: If you could go to WDW right now- Where would you be and what would you be doing?

Right now at 7am I'd be waking up and getting ready for breakfast hopefully somewhere fun. Crystal Palace, Norway, or (in my dreams) at Cinderella's Castle. I can't wait my next trip. I get to make my ADRs next week. Oh goodness, I better start figuring those out now. Eeek!

This week has seen a rise in the scale and I don't know why. I increased my veggie and fruit intake (maybe the fruit?) and also increased my exercise (finally -whew)! It did go down a little today, but not sure what it is going to be tomorrow.......especially since I have WI tomorrow because we will be gone.

Tomorrow evening we take DD17 to see her #1 college on her list. Well technically it's the only one she wants to consider......kids can be so stuborn. It's in Missouri and we are driving it will be about 16 hours to get there. We are also taking a side trip to Kansas to visit my Dad and my two great Aunt's on Father's Day. It's awesome that it works out that I will get to see my Dad on Father's Day. Woo hoo.

Sorry I haven't been on much the past two days, my tummy was off yesterday and I didn't feel that great. I basically ate anything I craved since nothing sounded good. I ended up with 1500 calories, so that wasn't bad at all considering I wasn't feeling good and I was just eating anything that remotely sounded appealing.

Today is better but it was still a little off. It was easier though to eat healthier things.

Tonight though I was craving a Whopper and I even got the money back from my MAC card to go. But as I was driving back towards the restaurant I talked myself out of it and I came home and made a bowl of oat bran with a little raw honey and raw coconut butter on it. Way healthier and a lot less calories than the whopper. Yeah me for making a better descision.

Sorry the QOTD is late, busy day at work - I've been working 10 hour days this week and then tonight I had to pack and grab some stuff from Target, the grocery store and get more cat food from the vets.

I would be at MK walking down Mainstreet getting ready to start a fabulous day!!!

WTG on resisting the Whopper, I'm sure after it was all over you were excited that you had won that battle. Have safe travels over the weekend.

QOTD - I would be fixing myself and cup of coffee and heading out to the balcony with my book to catch some reading before everyone else woke up.

Eeyores Butterfly - Glad to hear you are feeling a little better, sorry you're having such issues. I am sure you can't wait to get settled into your new place, how exciting.

lisah0711 - Not sure what is wrong with my moose...the link is there it just isn't showing up.:confused3

There are lots of errands on the calendar today then I'll come home and get dinner fixed then off to a ds last ballgame of the year.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Right now at 7am I'd be waking up and getting ready for breakfast hopefully somewhere fun. Crystal Palace, Norway, or (in my dreams) at Cinderella's Castle. I can't wait my next trip. I get to make my ADRs next week. Oh goodness, I better start figuring those out now. Eeek!

Is'nt it so fun when you get to figure out your ADR's - course it feels even better to not have them done :)

WTG on resisting the Whopper, I'm sure after it was all over you were excited that you had won that battle. Have safe travels over the weekend.

QOTD - I would be fixing myself and cup of coffee and heading out to the balcony with my book to catch some reading before everyone else woke up.

Eeyores Butterfly - Glad to hear you are feeling a little better, sorry you're having such issues. I am sure you can't wait to get settled into your new place, how exciting.

lisah0711 - Not sure what is wrong with my moose...the link is there it just isn't showing up.:confused3

There are lots of errands on the calendar today then I'll come home and get dinner fixed then off to a ds last ballgame of the year.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Have a fun day - it sounds busy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter