Big Announcement Coming

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by parkhopping, Jan 8, 2013.

1. LauraLea

LauraLea DIS Veteran

and remember the plans for a David Copperfield restaurant.......laura

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mrs. Bob Loblaw

Mrs. Bob Loblaw Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting that! I'm all for extra interactive stuff, so I can't wait to try this out of my next trip. New additions, whether big or small, help add to the magic. My hubbie and I enjoyed Sorceror's even though we're both in our 30s and have no kids. :wizard:

4. DizCaptain

DizCaptain °o° Disney Enthusiast

This. Thank you, just thank you.

5. lockedoutlogic

lockedoutlogic DIS Veteran

What an AMAZING, BIG, STUPENDOUS announcement....

must be at least a billion dollar price tag on this one, heh?

6. michelleiada

michelleiada DIS Veteran

Hope I don't get "flamed" for this but I totally agree. I LOVE Disney....but to me Disney and Star Wars are not one in the same. I'm sure Star Wars would draw crowds if done well but it's not something I would love.

7. lockedoutlogic

You are well entitled to your stance - no doubt.

But they didnt give crazy George 4 billion for nothing.
    Remember - he's also a large (second largest...I believe) shareholder now too.

It's coming in some form - sooner or later.

But I hear you...it's not the same as true Disney. In 1985 - they almost could not have been farther apart. Now they are closer - but still.

But look...neither is marvel, neither is avatar.

Harry potter, transformers, and potentially lord of the rings over at universal are all third party. They are leased at a high price to try and create sizzle or put butts into the parks.

This is the next evolution of the amusement park. You can't build a steel rollercoaster anymore...the world has gotten too "big" for that (or small...depending on your perspective)

It's gotta have a comic book character with merchandise tie-ins and sweatshops at the ready slapped on it now.

8. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

All of this bit about what constitutes "real" Disney always puzzles me. Corporations are ever evolving and there's no reason that Disney should remain static. They have chosen to use others' creativity rather than their own and that's certainly not a new concept.

I'm concerned because I'm not sure if the Disney style translates well to Star Wars or Marvel. I'm a bit of a nerd and I feel protective of those brands. I think that those brands could be damaged rather than the other way around.

9. yitbos96bb

yitbos96bb DIS Veteran

Funny enough, Disney had the chance to distribute and produce Star Wars originally. They passed on it to make Herbie the Love Bug I believe.

They also passed on ET as well to do a Herbie sequel (They taught us this years ago in my CP classes at Disney).

10. Tybalt

Tybalt Mouseketeer

Personally as a pseudo-nerd and Disney fan, I would be thrilled if Disney added Marvel-themed attractions and meet-and-greets at Hollywood Studios. Marvel appeals to people of all ages, and this would really help Disney compete with Orlando's HP World since it would appeal to teens as well as to children and adults! :thumbsup2

11. Mike2023

Mike2023 DIS Veteran

As much as I would like to see this as well I don't think it will happen in Florida anytime soon. Remember, universal still has the exclusive theme park rights to the marvel characters east of the Mississippi. Maybe on the west coast?

12. jagfanjosh3252

jagfanjosh3252 #1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

So. It's been a month. While that isn't long, I'm Still a huge skeptic right now.

13. parkhopping

parkhopping DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

So...apparently this is the Top Thread of the Month? What does that mean? I think it's interesting (obviously), but surely it's not the best thing on the boards...?

14. SpacePlace

SpacePlace Mouseketeer

I would think CarsLand because that has been in full swing and successful in DCA. Anything Star Wars might not come until later unless they have been planning this much longer than known by the public. But I do want to see SWs in the parks more than anything else right now.

15. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

The top ten got gold ribbons. The top thread was on the trip report boards. They announced this new feature on dis unplugged podcast for feb6. I think this thread was number 4? I can't remember.

The top thread of the year will get a $500 gift card I think I heard...

16. monorailrabbit

monorailrabbit Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

OMG that would be my most favorite day ever if they announced that!!! :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

17. DisneyFF1124

DisneyFF1124 Mouseketeer

The OP states a big announcement in the coming weeks. Just how many weeks are we talking about? Seems like the "coming" weeks have come and gone!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

18. lockedoutlogic

In this case..."coming weeks" means 2,641 weeks

19. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

Wasn't the Big Announcement the Pirates Interactive Game in Adventureland? There can't be anything else coming to the Magic Kingdom at this point.

This announcement seems to fit the bill.

20. Theaberdeenkid

Theaberdeenkid Mouseketeer

Seriously i have been watching this thread for a month for pirates!
    I guess imagining is far juicer than reality.

21. CelticHattress

CelticHattress Earning My Ears

New to the boards but my sister and I just returned from a trip to the world in mid-January. Two things stick out in my mind about new/upcoming events they might be announcing: when we were in the Magic Kingdom on our final Friday, I overheard a mother telling her children that she was waiting for the one year anniversary of the Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom game. It was sometime in February. She was telling them that there was suppose to be a whole new set released on that day to collect.

Also, on our last trip to Downtown, I was able to purchase a new jacket they had just put out. It was a jacket for the Mad T Party concert they hold at Disneyland. Being a huge Hatter fan, I had to buy it but my sister brought up a good point. Why would they sell a jacket at Disney World for an event only held at Disneyland??

Again, new here, so not sure if these ideas have been discussed and/or dismissed. Just thought I would share!

~Celtic~