Big Announcement Coming

Ok...so I made a (rookie) mistake and actually clicked on the link...

Are you SERIOUS?!

A 22 year old CP from Miami?

Huh? What? Ehhh?

let me say this...for the 1,000 time:

CAST MEMBERS KNOW NOTHING.

never did, never will...they are low level, interchangeable cogs in the machine who are paid to service, not to think.

There are two type of cast:
Current and Former Cast that accept this as truth (such as the moron at my keyboard)

Current and Former Cast that don't accept it...also defined by Merriam Webster as "delusional"

the only thing i can say about this "source" is that he/she seems to have some web skill and the blog is nicely designed/ layout...

still no information worth reading...but at least theres that.

Geez...can't believe i fell for this one. Must have a touch of the flu or something:sick:

This. Thank you, just thank you.

What an AMAZING, BIG, STUPENDOUS announcement....

must be at least a billion dollar price tag on this one, heh?

disney is my life said:
I really hope it's cars land :dance3: to me star wars just isnt "disney" but it doesnt bother me since its easy enough to avoid, but im praying that avatar land is NEVER put onto Disney property. :scared:

Hope I don't get "flamed" for this but I totally agree. I LOVE Disney....but to me Disney and Star Wars are not one in the same. I'm sure Star Wars would draw crowds if done well but it's not something I would love.

michelleiada said:
Hope I don't get "flamed" for this but I totally agree. I LOVE Disney....but to me Disney and Star Wars are not one in the same. I'm sure Star Wars would draw crowds if done well but it's not something I would love.

You are well entitled to your stance - no doubt.

But they didnt give crazy George 4 billion for nothing.
Remember - he's also a large (second largest...I believe) shareholder now too.

It's coming in some form - sooner or later.

But I hear you...it's not the same as true Disney. In 1985 - they almost could not have been farther apart. Now they are closer - but still.

But look...neither is marvel, neither is avatar.

Harry potter, transformers, and potentially lord of the rings over at universal are all third party. They are leased at a high price to try and create sizzle or put butts into the parks.

This is the next evolution of the amusement park. You can't build a steel rollercoaster anymore...the world has gotten too "big" for that (or small...depending on your perspective)

It's gotta have a comic book character with merchandise tie-ins and sweatshops at the ready slapped on it now.

All of this bit about what constitutes "real" Disney always puzzles me. Corporations are ever evolving and there's no reason that Disney should remain static. They have chosen to use others' creativity rather than their own and that's certainly not a new concept.

I'm concerned because I'm not sure if the Disney style translates well to Star Wars or Marvel. I'm a bit of a nerd and I feel protective of those brands. I think that those brands could be damaged rather than the other way around.

Funny enough, Disney had the chance to distribute and produce Star Wars originally. They passed on it to make Herbie the Love Bug I believe.

They also passed on ET as well to do a Herbie sequel (They taught us this years ago in my CP classes at Disney).

Personally as a pseudo-nerd and Disney fan, I would be thrilled if Disney added Marvel-themed attractions and meet-and-greets at Hollywood Studios. Marvel appeals to people of all ages, and this would really help Disney compete with Orlando's HP World since it would appeal to teens as well as to children and adults! :thumbsup2

Personally as a pseudo-nerd and Disney fan, I would be thrilled if Disney added Marvel-themed attractions and meet-and-greets at Hollywood Studios. Marvel appeals to people of all ages, and this would really help Disney compete with Orlando's HP World since it would appeal to teens as well as to children and adults! :thumbsup2

As much as I would like to see this as well I don't think it will happen in Florida anytime soon. Remember, universal still has the exclusive theme park rights to the marvel characters east of the Mississippi. Maybe on the west coast?

So...apparently this is the Top Thread of the Month? What does that mean? I think it's interesting (obviously), but surely it's not the best thing on the boards...?

I would think CarsLand because that has been in full swing and successful in DCA. Anything Star Wars might not come until later unless they have been planning this much longer than known by the public. But I do want to see SWs in the parks more than anything else right now.

So...apparently this is the Top Thread of the Month? What does that mean? I think it's interesting (obviously), but surely it's not the best thing on the boards...?

The top ten got gold ribbons. The top thread was on the trip report boards. They announced this new feature on dis unplugged podcast for feb6. I think this thread was number 4? I can't remember.

The top thread of the year will get a $500 gift card I think I heard...

The OP states a big announcement in the coming weeks. Just how many weeks are we talking about? Seems like the "coming" weeks have come and gone!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DisneyFF1124 said:
The OP states a big announcement in the coming weeks. Just how many weeks are we talking about? Seems like the "coming" weeks have come and gone!

In this case..."coming weeks" means 2,641 weeks

Wasn't the Big Announcement the Pirates Interactive Game in Adventureland? There can't be anything else coming to the Magic Kingdom at this point.

This announcement seems to fit the bill.

Seriously i have been watching this thread for a month for pirates!
I guess imagining is far juicer than reality.

New to the boards but my sister and I just returned from a trip to the world in mid-January. Two things stick out in my mind about new/upcoming events they might be announcing: when we were in the Magic Kingdom on our final Friday, I overheard a mother telling her children that she was waiting for the one year anniversary of the Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom game. It was sometime in February. She was telling them that there was suppose to be a whole new set released on that day to collect.

Also, on our last trip to Downtown, I was able to purchase a new jacket they had just put out. It was a jacket for the Mad T Party concert they hold at Disneyland. Being a huge Hatter fan, I had to buy it but my sister brought up a good point. Why would they sell a jacket at Disney World for an event only held at Disneyland??

Again, new here, so not sure if these ideas have been discussed and/or dismissed. Just thought I would share!

~Celtic~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter