Big Announcement Coming

yeah I have nothing against avatar but it would be a crime if Star Wars and Cars Land or something of that nature at least would be done before Avatar

I have heard that big changes are also come to downtown Disney. However nobody seems to really be talk about it

I feel that now that they have the star Wars franchise to do with it pleases, I think a Disney quest update would work extremely well

Always felts that , that super hero VR light saber thing should be star wars. So basically all they would have to do is do new graphics as they have the hardware already. THe platforms you stand on look like the whole Jabba the hut airskiff scene

THen that pod you sit in with the 360 screen to shoot at I remember always going in there with my brothers and sisters and replaying that whole Millenium falcon scene with Luke and Han. So again just new graphics as the hardware is again all there.

Then Id take those VR aladdin type things and make them into another speederbike thing on endor

its all there IMVHO waiting to be converted. I havent been in a few years ( about 5 ) but that would pique my interest even though I am not that into Star Wars.

I really hope it's cars land :dance3: to me star wars just isnt "disney" but it doesnt bother me since its easy enough to avoid, but im praying that avatar land is NEVER put onto Disney property. :scared:

First, WDW is not positioned currently for another 500 mil- 1 billion reinvestment...

Second, if they should decide to strike again - I'd be ridiculously disappointed if it were a cars expansion:

First - Cars is not a great Disney property.
The first was good, the second was bad...and it's been exploited to sell walmart grade junk to the lowest common denominator for 8 years.

Second - it would be another example of the Eisner/Iger over-cloning that has reduced the effectiveness of there attractions for years.

And as to the dvcmember website - if you notice, they're always trying to sell us something that doesn't make a lot if sense.
Like aulani...
I suppose it's nice and all - but the majority of the experienced traveler knows you don't go to Hawaii to have Mickey waffles. It's a limited draw (especially to east coasters) and I don't find it incredibly more desirable than vero or HHI...because of the difficulty of getting there and all the other places I'd want to go.

So as far as putting pictures of Disneyland up - they have the GC villas, but I'm sure they want to have justification to build more. That's the goal.

I don't see the point of Carsland in WDW...on about a dozen levels.

But a big one is that they should not clone rides inside the US any longer...they have the money to be patient and build two individual destinations with their own merit.
why are so many people against making the same ride in both DL & WDW???? I"m never planning on going to DL -sorry I don't see a problem with it if it is a good ride why shouldn't they added it??

Reddy said:
why are so many people against making the same ride in both DL & WDW???? I"m never planning on going to DL -sorry I don't see a problem with it if it is a good ride why shouldn't they added it??

Because its bad business sense on their part...an shows a lack of commitment to developing new, high quality, imaginative stuff for the consumer.

If they developed new, quality things for both places - it would give us reasons to go to both and allow them to get our money in both places.

This country isn't that big...

It also cheapens the rides. The tower of terror was cool...now there's a "ho-hum" fleet if them.

Soarin was a neat concept ( If simplistic)...
Now there's two - one if which no longer makes sense.

Either one if them - or perhaps both - should have been "soarin over America"

Or...since it was Epcot...should have been "soarin over the earth"

Duh.

Because its bad business sense on their part...an shows a lack of commitment to developing new, high quality, imaginative stuff for the consumer.

If they developed new, quality things for both places - it would give us reasons to go to both and allow them to get our money in both places.

This country isn't that big...

It also cheapens the rides. The tower of terror was cool...now there's a "ho-hum" fleet if them.

Soarin was a neat concept ( If simplistic)...
Now there's two - one if which no longer makes sense.

Either one if them - or perhaps both - should have been "soarin over America"

Or...since it was Epcot...should have been "soarin over the earth"

Duh.

IMVHO there is a small percentage of people who are that into Disney to travel to BOTH disney parks. IMVHO there are by far more people who will NEVER go to more than one location. The general populace IMVHO either go to FL or Cal. they wont go to both. So IMVHO NOT making Cars land in FL would suck. I could deal without the mater thing and the flying saucers. Replace them with another CARS theme ride but the town, the rockwork, RSR, they need to come to FL exact like they are in Cali.

JUST MY 2 Yen

IMVHO there is a small percentage of people who are that into Disney to travel to BOTH disney parks. IMVHO there are by far more people who will NEVER go to more than one location. The general populace IMVHO either go to FL or Cal. they wont go to both. So IMVHO NOT making Cars land in FL would suck. I could deal without the mater thing and the flying saucers. Replace them with another CARS theme ride but the town, the rockwork, RSR, they need to come to FL exact like they are in Cali.

JUST MY 2 Yen

I agree with this, most people go to one park or the other. Even if someone decided to go to the other park, most would probably exchange a DL trip for a WDW trip or visa-versa, so in the end Disney still get's the same number of visits out the guest.

jamarmiller said:

JUST MY 2 Yen

Or build something unique for you to enjoy in Florida...

And if you "need" Larry the cable guy...while the plane is pointing south, have the pilot turn it to the right every now and then.

Disney is a large enough corporation with enough revenue to develop and construct distinct variety in its 6 domestic parks.

If they don't, it is done in great deal for cost accounting.

This whole "it's inconvenient to got to both" is a little out dated in this day and age. Planes go all over the place and are quite fast.

Tons of people who are "disneylanders" make regular trips to WDW...it's not unreasonable for us to do the same. Remember: the management is and will always be more fond of Disneyland...it's worth visiting. WDW is there to suck the money out if your wallet like a Dyson.

If there is to be Star Wars expansion - it will be in Florida to draw from Europe and the east coast...If they are serious about letting Cameron construct something unique in animal kingdom, then we will be lucky to get it (if properly funded and constructed)

If I need to see cars...I can find the airport code on Orbitz to get to LAX (it's LAX)

LOL Might be outdated buts its the facts, most people dont do it ( fly that far and if they do then even less peope do it for a DISNEY vacation). Heck Most Americans dont even have passports and in this day of age THAT is really outdated and a tragedy. The world has so much to offer .

I am lucky I get to spend 8 months a year in Japan and 4 months a year in Florida, So I get to go to both WDW and TDR every year ( I skip Hollywood studious though every year, only go there once every 5 years ) and I will go to California Disney Resort most likely next year, but its going to be a once in a lifetime thing. Whether they bring Cars land or not to Florida I am only going once there. And yet I have gone to California for vacation over 20 times in my life ( mostly San Fran ) and will probably be going next year again .

Now if they bring Cars Land to Florida, then Ill go to DHS once every year like I do the other 3 parks in Florida and the 2 in Tokyo.

You have access to perhaps the two best disney parks...

Now that's just not fair

Why care about Florida at all? Lol!

Truth be told...I love EuroDisney...my fav park - along with DL, MK and my one and only EPCOT.

Seems like we're going back and forth just to waste time, no?

they need to do work on tommorrowland and replace stitch with something exciting and fun and maybe put in a flying saucer attraction like the tires at DCA. but we already have the main carsland attraction.... IT's call test track at epcot. not only do we not need to clone rides on both coasts, but we don't need to canabalise them between parks here.

Now that's just not fair

Why care about Florida at all? Lol!

LOL yeah I it is isnt it LOL

I guess I care about HS so much because I hate it so much LOL If that makes sense. I WANT to like it and it has a GREAT foundation but its just missing something big to make it on par with the other parks I go to ( IMVHO ). And I keep hoping Disney changes it , I know they can if they really want too just by looking at what they did with California Adventure.

Truth be told...I love EuroDisney...my fav park - along with DL, MK and my one and only EPCOT.

ONE DAY I REALLY want to go to Euro Disney with the family !

................ but we already have the main carsland attraction.... IT's call test track at epcot. not only do we not need to clone rides on both coasts, but we don't need to canabalise them between parks here.

See for me its the rockwork and the town and the experience of a ride going through it all that makes it unique. If they want to do a different kind of ride system but keep the town and the rockwork and the experience of going through its semi dark ride ( is that the ride word ) I would be totally okay with that.

I just love the massive and unique atmosphere carsland offers.

Something Star Wars I hope!!!!

Maybe something Star Wars with a new technology that incorporates more simulator components for invoking more of the senses. Imagine Soarin' technology, or similar, for flying over Hoth and attacking the "robot camels." That would be awesome...

Really hoping Disney goes ALL OUT on a Star Wars Land but I also think DOwntown Disney Disney Quest could /should do a ton of STAR WARS stuff as well

I really hope it's cars land :dance3: to me star wars just isnt "disney" but it doesnt bother me since its easy enough to avoid, but im praying that avatar land is NEVER put onto Disney property. :scared:

True, Star Wars is not Disney but I do like how they pulled off Star Tours from the start. If they do more Star Wars in any of the parks, I hope they do it as well and better. If they can bring in new technology for it, I think that would really make the difference. I'm not as excited about new rides with new stories when they are just using the same dark ride technology as Snow White's Scary Adventure. I want the story and technological excitement to be there, like the first time I rode Star Tours, Indiana Jones, Tower of Terror, etc.

People keep talking about a Star Wars land at DHS, but it doesn't seem like there's that much room for expansion. I guess they could go into the parking lot and squeeze in a few more attractions. Can anyone who knows more about computers than I do show a map for possible expansion for Disney's Hollywood Studios? I'd appreciate it, thanks.:)

People keep talking about a Star Wars land at DHS, but it doesn't seem like there's that much room for expansion. I guess they could go into the parking lot and squeeze in a few more attractions. Can anyone who knows more about computers than I do show a map for possible expansion for Disney's Hollywood Studios? I'd appreciate it, thanks.:)

This is an interesting article with a good corresponding map.

It provides fun speculation about quite a few changes including Star Wars, monsters inc, cars land, re imaging the sorcerers hat area, adding a new restaurant on the second floor of great movie ride and a few other ideas and a clear map.

True, Star Wars is not Disney but I do like how they pulled off Star Tours from the start. If they do more Star Wars in any of the parks, I hope they do it as well and better. If they can bring in new technology for it, I think that would really make the difference. I'm not as excited about new rides with new stories when they are just using the same dark ride technology as Snow White's Scary Adventure. I want the story and technological excitement to be there, like the first time I rode Star Tours, Indiana Jones, Tower of Terror, etc.

But Star Wars Weekend is absolutely amazing and is bringing more crowds in DHS! I love every minute of it. While it's not "Disney" as we know it, Disney now owns it but it will become Disney to my kids as well as my grandkids. I am a huge Star Wars fan, and I would love to see a whole SW land somewhere. Made my day when I was the "rebel spy" last year in DL!

I like the Indiana Jones ride as well, I wish that there was something similar in Florida.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter