Big Announcement Coming

Wasn't there a rumor not too long ago that CarsLand was going in at DHS that was "totally happening" according to many blogs? Ultimately, nothing was announced...

I would not get my hopes up for any big news. It could just be an announcement to talk about Magicbands.

I never understood the allure of a Carsland.

If I was Disney I would have more considered opennig a Monster INc. Land.
You'd' have more ability to interact _ Castmembers etc.

There a number of things you could have made(laugh floor etc)

Real monsters in the our world

Door travel ride virtual where you are being chased and enter doorways to escape, being virtual they could have the ride change each time depending what doors you go through.

i love hs but agree that it can use something new. ;) toy story is such a big hit that no one can get near it. they need another one of those. maybe a roller coster that is not cork/screw. or a new water flume ride. wow, that would be a great addition.:goodvibes

i wonder how much unused land wdw has at hs???:scratchin

i love hs but agree that it can use something new. ;) toy story is such a big hit that no one can get near it. they need another one of those. maybe a roller coster that is not cork/screw. or a new water flume ride. wow, that would be a great addition.:goodvibes

i wonder how much unused land wdw has at hs???:scratchin

Pretty much zero.

To bad they can't close and remodel the meet and greet area across from
TSM to create a second TSM. Kinda like the dual flying dumbos in the new Fantasyland. Two rides would free up a lot of traffic plus it would easier to move a meet and greet.

~Celtic~

Pretty much zero.

They could remove the south half of the parking lot and build a replacement lot in the area between the present north half lot and Victory Way and build on the present south half of the parking lot. That would also require moving the present main parking entrance.

EDIT- Looking at it closer, just moving the DHS entrance road and toll plaza frees up plenty of space to expand.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=disney+hollywood+studios&fb=1&gl=us&hq=disney+hollywood+studios&cid=0,0,6484510933059032781&sa=X&ei=BYovUbGEHsau2gWExoHwDQ&ved=0CK0BEPwSMAM

I never understood the allure of a Carsland.

WHAT?! Carsland is absolutely amazing! Every little thing immerses you in the world of Cars. It is by far the best "themed" land in California. Tons of interaction available as full size Lightning Mcqueen, Mater, the firetruck and even the Hot Rods from the first movie, all drive out and pose for pictures. Moving Big eye windshields and everything.

This land is worth a Trip to DLR all by itslef. And you may have to spend your whole trip there to ride anything due to its insane popularity! I don't know if they will build it in Florida though because it was reportedly the most expensive land Disney has ever done. I think they will leave it unique to DLR.

Maybe WDW could do an Incredibles ride?! I loved that movie and think an indiana jones type ride where Syndromes robot is chasing you throughout the city as the incredibles try to stop it, would be FANTASTIC!

WHAT?! Carsland is absolutely amazing! Every little thing immerses you in the world of Cars. It is by far the best "themed" land in California. Tons of interaction available as full size Lightning Mcqueen, Mater, the firetruck and even the Hot Rods from the first movie, all drive out and pose for pictures. Moving Big eye windshields and everything.

This land is worth a Trip to DLR all by itslef. And you may have to spend your whole trip there to ride anything due to its insane popularity! I don't know if they will build it in Florida though because it was reportedly the most expensive land Disney has ever done. I think they will leave it unique to DLR.

Maybe WDW could do an Incredibles ride?! I loved that movie and think an indiana jones type ride where Syndromes robot is chasing you throughout the city as the incredibles try to stop it, would be FANTASTIC!

Carsland is one of the major reasons I would like to travel to California for our next trip. It sounded super fun to me!

I hope its the list of "Forgotten Characters". I am thinking it is Oswald related. I am thinking either the making of an Epic Mickey attraction or Oswald as a character. I still think that Mickey Junk Mountain would be a great Splash Mountain-like attraction to reintroduce Oswald and some of the other "Forgotten Characters" that are prominent in the game. My 14 year old has an amazing verbal rendition for the ride flow and structure.......future Imagineer!!!!! We have a gut feeling about htis one :thumbsup2

I wish! :thumbsup2 I just made my daughter an Ortensia shirt for our upcoming trip even though we know there will be nothing there.

Carsland is one of the major reasons I would like to travel to California for our next trip. It sounded super fun to me!

Agreed. I don't think they would build a duplicate at WDW (or similar even) for this very reason.

They'd be better off to build something themed with Toy Story or Monsters like pp mentioned. I vote for Toy Story. The kids LOVE TS. LOL

I completely agree each park needs to have there own unique things therefor putting Carsland at WDW would not be fair to Disneyland so i think they need to build something completely different. I would love to see another Pixar movie such as Monsters Inc. or Toy story. Toy story was such a hit for disney I'm surprised they haven't built a whole section on that yet.

I heard StarWars Land is coming...this is why they cancelled Pixar Parade and Disney Channel Rocks to make more room for it. Also, DTD of course with Disney Springs!

Agreed. I don't think they would build a duplicate at WDW (or similar even) for this very reason.

If WDW people decide to take a trip to Disneyland the majority of them would probably just trade a WDW trip for a Disneyland one so in the end Disney Company still gets thier money no matter which park they go to.

I heard StarWars Land is coming...this is why they cancelled Pixar Parade and Disney Channel Rocks to make more room for it. Also, DTD of course with Disney Springs!

Star Wars land is still just a rumor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter