1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Big Announcement Coming

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by parkhopping, Jan 8, 2013.

1. SFreelove

SFreelove Mouseketeer

I think it's pretty safe to say it's probably going to be CarsLand at HS!! :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dcibrando

dcibrando DIS Veteran

and/or DTD - maybe both ;)

4. lockedoutlogic

lockedoutlogic DIS Veteran

Define "safe"?

5. MrsDuck

MrsDuck DIS Veteran

Wasn't there a rumor not too long ago that CarsLand was going in at DHS that was "totally happening" according to many blogs? Ultimately, nothing was announced...

6. bgraham34

bgraham34 Wilderness Lodger

I would not get my hopes up for any big news. It could just be an announcement to talk about Magicbands.

7. Cogswel_Cogs

Cogswel_Cogs DIS Veteran

I never understood the allure of a Carsland.

If I was Disney I would have more considered opennig a Monster INc. Land.
    You'd' have more ability to interact _ Castmembers etc.

There a number of things you could have made(laugh floor etc)

Real monsters in the our world

Door travel ride virtual where you are being chased and enter doorways to escape, being virtual they could have the ride change each time depending what doors you go through.

8. jamarmiller

jamarmiller Mouseketeer

Marvel Land coming to Hong Kong !

9. the who #3

the who #3 DIS Veteran

i love hs but agree that it can use something new. ;) toy story is such a big hit that no one can get near it. they need another one of those. maybe a roller coster that is not cork/screw. or a new water flume ride. wow, that would be a great addition.:goodvibes

i wonder how much unused land wdw has at hs???:scratchin

10. mcd2745

mcd2745 These Mickey pretzels are making me thirsty!

Pretty much zero.

11. CelticHattress

CelticHattress Earning My Ears

To bad they can't close and remodel the meet and greet area across from
    TSM to create a second TSM. Kinda like the dual flying dumbos in the new Fantasyland. Two rides would free up a lot of traffic plus it would easier to move a meet and greet.

~Celtic~

12. Q-man

Q-man DIS Veteran

They could remove the south half of the parking lot and build a replacement lot in the area between the present north half lot and Victory Way and build on the present south half of the parking lot. That would also require moving the present main parking entrance.

EDIT- Looking at it closer, just moving the DHS entrance road and toll plaza frees up plenty of space to expand.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=disney+hollywood+studios&fb=1&gl=us&hq=disney+hollywood+studios&cid=0,0,6484510933059032781&sa=X&ei=BYovUbGEHsau2gWExoHwDQ&ved=0CK0BEPwSMAM

13. USS Disney

USS Disney Military Mouse

WHAT?! Carsland is absolutely amazing! Every little thing immerses you in the world of Cars. It is by far the best "themed" land in California. Tons of interaction available as full size Lightning Mcqueen, Mater, the firetruck and even the Hot Rods from the first movie, all drive out and pose for pictures. Moving Big eye windshields and everything.

This land is worth a Trip to DLR all by itslef. And you may have to spend your whole trip there to ride anything due to its insane popularity! I don't know if they will build it in Florida though because it was reportedly the most expensive land Disney has ever done. I think they will leave it unique to DLR.

Maybe WDW could do an Incredibles ride?! I loved that movie and think an indiana jones type ride where Syndromes robot is chasing you throughout the city as the incredibles try to stop it, would be FANTASTIC!

14. tlkgt76

tlkgt76 "If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney

Carsland is one of the major reasons I would like to travel to California for our next trip. It sounded super fun to me!

15. darby01_2007

darby01_2007 Hskpg Coordinator

DTD is going to have a major transformation coming! Disney Springs

16. Disneytwinsmom

Disneytwinsmom DIS Veteran

My son who is 4 wouldlove Carsland! We are planning on going to Disneyland when he is 6, just to see that!

17. mssong85

mssong85 Mouseketeer

I wish! :thumbsup2 I just made my daughter an Ortensia shirt for our upcoming trip even though we know there will be nothing there.

18. AmyB2006

AmyB2006 I'd rather be in Disney!

Agreed. I don't think they would build a duplicate at WDW (or similar even) for this very reason.

They'd be better off to build something themed with Toy Story or Monsters like pp mentioned. I vote for Toy Story. The kids LOVE TS. LOL

19. rteetz

rteetz DIS Veteran

I completely agree each park needs to have there own unique things therefor putting Carsland at WDW would not be fair to Disneyland so i think they need to build something completely different. I would love to see another Pixar movie such as Monsters Inc. or Toy story. Toy story was such a hit for disney I'm surprised they haven't built a whole section on that yet.

20. Taramcc73

Taramcc73 Earning My Ears

I heard StarWars Land is coming...this is why they cancelled Pixar Parade and Disney Channel Rocks to make more room for it. Also, DTD of course with Disney Springs!

21. DanBoris

DanBoris DIS Veteran

If WDW people decide to take a trip to Disneyland the majority of them would probably just trade a WDW trip for a Disneyland one so in the end Disney Company still gets thier money no matter which park they go to.

Star Wars land is still just a rumor.