Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique FAQ PART II - w/ Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about the courtyard package. I have an appointment booked for DD and my 2 neices at the DTD location for the Crown Package. DD had the Fairytale princess style last time and she asked me today if she could get a different hairstyle this time. We looked at pics and she loves the courtyard style.

All the girls have princess dresses that they plan to wear. Would they be able to get the Courtyard package and just take the shirt and tutu with us and still wear our princess dress we bring for home?

If that would work, can I upgrade to the couryard package once we get there or should I call and change my reservation?

I'm sure you could do that. They always let you wear your own dress, so if you don't want to put the tutu on, why would they care. :confused3That was our plan B before DDIL figured out the hairstyle.

O/T but Emzed I was wondering if you knew if you had to book a full package through CAA to get the parking pass? We just today joined CAA (for other reasons) and I was wondering if you knew if you could get the parking pass if you only buy tickets instead of room/flight, etc. Their office isn't open to ask - crossing my fingers CAA has some perks I don't know about! :)

O/T but Emzed I was wondering if you knew if you had to book a full package through CAA to get the parking pass? We just today joined CAA (for other reasons) and I was wondering if you knew if you could get the parking pass if you only buy tickets instead of room/flight, etc. Their office isn't open to ask - crossing my fingers CAA has some perks I don't know about! :)

I've received a parking pass (on request) from CAA with only the purchase of park tickets (they sometimes have a deal) and traveler's cheques! I have never booked a hotel nor airfare from them. Recently I have booked my own cruise and then transferred it to one of their travel agents but that was all. Having said that I have been a member at CAA since the late 80's (I have a history of unreliable automobiles which makes their roadside assistance a great benefit... but that is another story!) so that may be an advantage. They will have maps for you as well as a "tour book" in which there may be discounts you might find useful on your visit. It doesn't hurt to ask! :)

Do you have to decide the package you want and the hairstyle ahead and notify at booking? Or can my dds devide which style they want ehen we get there?
Are there photos somewhere of the different styles?

When I scheduled my booking, they didn't have me select my package. I am assuming I can select it when I arrive. Payment won't be due until then.

Lita said:
When I scheduled my booking, they didn't have me select my package. I am assuming I can select it when I arrive. Payment won't be due until then.

I just scheduled 3 days ago and she never asked me what package I wanted either. I just told her that I wasn't interested in the crown package because my girls were bringing their own dresses. I assume we decide when we get there what package we want?

I've been reading through this long post the last few days and I haven't come across a question I have (so I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered already). It will be my girls fort time at BBB in Feb. I tried to get an appt on our MK day at the castle but they had nothing available. I was able to get an appt at the DTD boutique for out DTD day though.
1. Is the DTD boutique just as nice as the one in MK?
2. Since we aren't in the parks at all the day they get their princess makeover - would you suggest we keep trying for the MK day? Will it still be special for them?

I'm in a similar position, tjknitz - I tried for MK on a morning but after numerous calls, I settled for DTD. We will head to MK after she's finished. I hope it is just as magical. I booked last week and they did ask me what package (Courtyard). I've heard Courtyard takes a little longer for the hair - does anyone have an estimated time on that?

tjknitz said:
1. Is the DTD boutique just as nice as the one in MK?
2. Since we aren't in the parks at all the day they get their princess makeover - would you suggest we keep trying for the MK day? Will it still be special for them?

It is decorated much the same the main differences being it is a bigger space (with more seating for both princesses and guests) and it is located at the very back of a huge gift shop ( which could be nice it you are planing to purchase a costume while there because the MK BBB can be limited on selection on hand, DTD location has almost limitless options). They also do a parade thru the DTD streets presenting all the new princesses of the day to crowds of subjects (i.e. moms, dads, on looking tourists, etc..) this parade isn't offered at MK, it's also a great photo op! Also although it is located away from the BBB area (down the street, 2-3 min walk) the photo area (the one included in the BBB package) had the same furniture and backdrop as MK's.

GirlOutlaw said:
It is decorated much the same the main differences being it is a bigger space (with more seating for both princesses and guests) and it is located at the very back of a huge gift shop ( which could be nice it you are planing to purchase a costume while there because the MK BBB can be limited on selection on hand, DTD location has almost limitless options). They also do a parade thru the DTD streets presenting all the new princesses of the day to crowds of subjects (i.e. moms, dads, on looking tourists, etc..) this parade isn't offered at MK, it's also a great photo op! Also although it is located away from the BBB area (down the street, 2-3 min walk) the photo area (the one included in the BBB package) had the same furniture and backdrop as MK's.

Do they do this parade every day in DTD? Oh my daughters would get a kick out if that!!! I'm sure if I ask their FGMIT they would know if there is a parade that day?

probably a stupid question but I am going to order the photopass + for our May vacation, would the BBB photoshoot pictures be on the photopass or will I have to pay extra for the BBB photo shoot?

tjknitz said:
Do they do this parade every day in DTD? Oh my daughters would get a kick out if that!!! I'm sure if I ask their FGMIT they would know if there is a parade that day?

I believe it's daily at 2pm mon - fri & noon sat - sun there are pictures on page 95 of this thread posted by twilight terror (about half way down the page) .

I did some online research and it appears the parade starts at the BBB and walks to the carousel , where the princesses get a free ride and then proceed to the photo location. I'd check with the cast members when you call for the appointment or check in to verify details and times.

probably a stupid question but I am going to order the photopass + for our May vacation, would the BBB photoshoot pictures be on the photopass or will I have to pay extra for the BBB photo shoot?

Anyone can have a BBB photo shoot added to PP at no charge. No + needed.

~April~ said:

They are included! And don't let a cast member talk you out of it! By pass the photo check in desk and hand your card to the photographer, tell them you prepaid for the cd and they will snap your photos no problem. If you talk to the cast members at the print/framing desk they will try and make you buy a package that you don't need!

I was asking about the morning of January Friday the 25th initially, and then also Monday the 28th (the two days I'm sure we'll be in MK).

I've read here something about a mermaid makeover. Where, when, and how much? ??

The mermaid makeover is over at The Pirates League. My 8 y.o will be getting that instead of the BBB like her sister, it is $42.55.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter