Best beer/cocktails at WDW -- yes I LOVE alcohol!

I've tried the Ballast Point Sculpin Grapefruit and thought it was awful, and Ballast Point makes some of the best beers out there, so I'll probably pass on the grapefruit beer.

Me, DH, and my best friend intend to indulge while we are there (while my Southern Baptist minister dad frowns, frets and prays for us).

Tell your Southern Baptist minister dad that you don't drink any more (but leave out the part that on the other hand you don't drink any less either).

BJ's Brewhouse does some nice beers usually, Yard House has 100+ on tap.

http://www.yardhouse.com/menu-listing/beer

None of the hard liquors have carbs as long as you stay away from the flavored varieties since they often add sugar.

1) Not exactly true.
2) Most liquors have carbs.
3) But, no where close to the carbs level found in the mixes (eg. Ginger Ale, 7-Up, Coke, etc.)

I kind of skimmed over the posts on here but my favorite is the Dole Whip with either coconut rum or dark rum. SO GOOD! That's located at Tamu Tamu Refreshments inside AK.
I also love the Lost on Safari drink at the Dawa Bar in AK:
Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Pink Pigeon Mauritian Rum and Pangani Punch
They have a lot of great drinks at Dawa too. I've heard their Bloody Mary is great but I don't drink those.

I think so. Germany offers the Wine Flight at the Weinkeller year round. In fact, if you actually wanted to branch out to wine flights in other Epcot countries, there is a wine walk that can be pre-purchased for flights in France, Germany & Italy.
Ohh, that's good to know. I will probably try that next trip. Thanks!

I just shared this on another thread, but our absolute favorite warm-weather beer in WDW is the St Ambroise Apricot Wheat found in Canada (the popcorn cart next to Le Cellier's entrance). I tend to gravitate towards Blue Moon/UFO White/Sam Adams Summer so I think you'll love this one OP. The most refreshing thing I've had on a sweltering WDW day. If you like Strongbow (as I do too!) try a Cider & Black from Rose & Crown in the UK.

DH drinks almost exclusively beer, and attempted to drink around the world last fall (he failed after France!) He tends to like heavier stuff than what it sounds like you do, and to him basically every country except Norway, Germany and America of course was basically Bud Light.

We found Trader Sam's to be a good value, otherwise I would agree with most previous posters that mixed drinks at WDW are rarely worth your money. I swear by Josh at EasyWDW's recommendations, since he considers the value of the drink to be the alcoholic content/size of beverage compared to what you paid for it (and what it costs outside WDW). If you're planning to drink around Disney, don't leave without checking that site out.

Oh, and a tip for drinking around the world from a friend (and former CM). Start early in your day and make two loops, skipping every other country. So do Mexico-China-Italy-Japan-France-Canada, then go around again doing Norway-Germany-USA-Morocco-UK. We plan to try this our next trip, plus made an ADR for Via Napoli so we can skip Italy during the walk around :)

Last edited:

I love this thread! :) I will be in Epcot on my last 30's bday ... so plan to indulge that day! I am not a beer drinker, I do like ciders though ... the Germany wine flight sounds very interesting to me! and the grapefruit beer is a "maybe"!

I love this thread! :) I will be in Epcot on my last 30's bday ... so plan to indulge that day! I am not a beer drinker, I do like ciders though ... the Germany wine flight sounds very interesting to me! and the grapefruit beer is a "maybe"!
If you like ciders, you'll like Schofferhofer. It's a shandy, so there's just as much grapefruit juice as beer. It can be inconsistent, though. The last six pack I bought was a little skunky.

If you like ciders, you'll like Schofferhofer. It's a shandy, so there's just as much grapefruit juice as beer. It can be inconsistent, though. The last six pack I bought was a little skunky.
Oooh ok ... that's even fun to say - Schofferhofer! I'll add to my mental list. Which I'm thinking might get fuzzy after a few drinks ... haha 46 more days!!!

The hubs loved the Schofferhofer! So much so, he found it back home and still has one waiting for him in the fridge! I love the different wine flights-Italy's being my favorite. Love the idea to go around WS twice-skipping every other country!

If you end up at the water parks, both bars serve an awesome Mai Tai. And if you like margaritas, my favorite is at the Italian Kiosk, made with Grappa & Lemoncello Liquor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter