Best beer/cocktails at WDW -- yes I LOVE alcohol!

jacksgirl

DIS Veteran
We will be traveling to WDW in November. Traveling party includes me, DH, DS12, my parents, and my best friend. I'm looking for suggestions (because unfortunately I don't think we can drink them ALL in 10 days lol) for the best of the best here. Me, DH, and my best friend intend to indulge while we are there (while my Southern Baptist minister dad frowns, frets and prays for us). To give you a little more info, here are some of our drinking/flavor prefs:
Me -- I'm a beer girl usually, but I like unique mixed drinks (sweet but not syrupy). Favorite flavors - melon, strawberry, pineapple, pretty much anything. Not really a wine fan but I like moscatos and some semi-sweet sparkling wines. I love beer -- my go-to's are Dos Equis, Blue Moon, Shocktop, Michelob Ultra -- anything not too hoppy or bitter, no IPAs but I like lagers and unique flavors.
DH -- He's a gin and juice guy, but likes beer too. Pretty standard Bud Light for him, although he'll drink whatever I have on hand. Loves sweet, fruity, strong mixed drinks. His favorite - Beefeater Gin and pineapple juice. Favorite flavors -- anything except cinnamon. And he likes hard ciders - Strongbow is his favorite.
My BFF - He's all about some moonshine - the real stuff or the "sissy" flavors (that's what I call them anyway just to give him a hard time) you can get at the liquor store. His favorite is the caramel. He and I have the same taste in beer for the most part. He also loves hard cider -- Redd's Apple Ale is his fave. Also likes jello shots and some mixed drinks. Favorite flavors - strawberry, apple, caramel, basically anything.
None of us drink much wine (we are rednecks to the core), but will have a glass occasionally. Any suggestions?

Drink yourself around the World Showcase in Epcot!

Canada - Molsen Golden
UK - Welsh Dragon - Peach Schnapps, Melon liqueur, Creme de Menthe, Orange Juice, and Pineapple Juice. Or try a Beer Combo like a Black & Tan (Bass Ale & Guinness) or the Golden Fox (Boddingtons & Bass Ale)
France - I'd drink Red wine but the Grey Goose Citron Slush looks good
Moroco - Sultan’s Colada - Pina Colada with almond liqueur
Japan - Sapporo
American Experience - Sam Adams
Italy - Peroni Beer
Germany - Becks
China - Tsingtao Beer or Tipsy Ducks - a frozen concoction of cold tea and coffee blended with Bourbon whiskey and chocolate
Norway - Carlsberg
Mexico - Bohemia is my favorite but you could get a Dos Equis or Tequila

If you do a search you'll even find games for DATW or DAWS.

Canada - Molsen Golden
UK - Welsh Dragon - Peach Schnapps, Melon liqueur, Creme de Menthe, Orange Juice, and Pineapple Juice. Or try a Beer Combo like a Black & Tan (Bass Ale & Guinness) or the Golden Fox (Boddingtons & Bass Ale)
Japan - Sapporo
Italy - Peroni Beer
Germany - Becks
China - Tsingtao Beer or Tipsy Ducks - a frozen concoction of cold tea and coffee blended with Bourbon whiskey and chocolate
Norway - Carlsberg

WOW :worship:

I would second drinking around World Showcase! And if you all like fruity drinks then a trip to the Polynesian to visit Trader Sam's and the Tambu Lounge is in order.

Just an fyi, my understanding is the only place you can get anything alcoholic in MK is at Be Our Guest at dinner, they serve beer and wine. Sad isn't it.

Canada - Molsen Golden
Japan - Sapporo
Italy - Peroni Beer
Germany - Becks
Norway - Carlsberg

Wish they had a "winner" rating. Did most of this last year with my co-worker. By the time I got to Italy...never drink Italian Beer and I'm Italian, after the glass of wine, I wanted nothing else. Need to try this over a 3 day period.

DD will be 21 on our next trip and we're planning to spend an entire day in World Showcase drinking around the world. We'll have lunch in Mexico, dinner in UK, and a snack somewhere in the middle, sharing one drink from each country. I can't wait. :)

I'm an IPA fan (see that most of your party isn't) and highly recommend the Cigar City Jai Alai IPA. One of the better IPAs in the U.S. and very difficult to find outside the southeast.

I am a beer man too, but the Jalapeno Margarita and the Avacado Margarita at LaCava are most definitely the best drinks I have had at Epcot. Priced accordingly however. Otherwise, give me a Yuengling and I am a happy man. Give me a Half and Half over at Raglan and I am happier. Oh for a Boddington's right now but I am at work........

For fans of beer :drinking1 check the app on iTunes (I think it's called Beers & Ears.) IMO most of the mixed drinks are more mix than liquor. I've heard that Trader Sam's is making some pretty strong drinks, and I think the Lapu Lapu in the Poly lounge is also pretty stout. Drinks prices at WDW seem steep to me, I'd rather take a little field trip and buy off property and make my own at the resort. I know not everyone likes strong drinks, but at those prices it seems like a waster to buy a tall glass of mostly sugar and artificial flavors. :earsboy:

For fans of beer :drinking1 check the app on iTunes (I think it's called Beers & Ears.) IMO most of the mixed drinks are more mix than liquor. I've heard that Trader Sam's is making some pretty strong drinks, and I think the Lapu Lapu in the Poly lounge is also pretty stout. Drinks prices at WDW seem steep to me, I'd rather take a little field trip and buy off property and make my own at the resort. I know not everyone likes strong drinks, but at those prices it seems like a waster to buy a tall glass of mostly sugar and artificial flavors. :earsboy:
I concur, the frugal part of me just can't justify spending $13.00 on a watery drink. I will on occasion in the park but I ship the liquor I want for my after park night caps.

Canada - La fin du Monde
UK - Carl's Special (just ask for it) or a Leaping Leprecon
France - Grand Marnier Slushy
Moroco - Sultan’s Colada
Japan - Sake Bar!!
American Experience - Sam Adams (worst stop on the "tour")
Italy - Peroni Beer
Germany - Jagermeister or a Becks I suppose
China - Tipsy Duck
Norway - Carlsberg
Mexico - Tequila flight in La Cava del Tequila

Yum! Thanks for all the suggestions. That Welsh Dragon sounds amazing. I foresee a bit of staggering in the future for me and the BFF -- maybe hubby will keep us straight lol. He tends to be more level headed than us when we're drinking.

Canada - La fin du Monde
UK - Carl's Special (just ask for it) or a Leaping Leprecon
France - Grand Marnier Slushy
Moroco - Sultan’s Colada
Japan - Sake Bar!!
American Experience - Sam Adams (worst stop on the "tour")
Italy - Peroni Beer
Germany - Jagermeister or a Becks I suppose
China - Tipsy Duck
Norway - Carlsberg
Mexico - Tequila flight in La Cava del Tequila

Sam Adams worse than Peroni PLEASE!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter