• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best beer/cocktails at WDW -- yes I LOVE alcohol!

I went for F&W last year, and Germany had a Riesling flight that I loved. Does anyone know if this is something they normally have? I've never been drinking at Epcot except for that one time. I'm a big Riesling fan, and it was hard to get drinks from the other countries when I had found something I really liked.

Do they still serve the Tres Pistoles beer in Canada? That's the husband's favorite.

I love the Avocado Margarita in Mexico, the red wine flight at Tutto Gusto and the Grand Marnier Slushy in France.

They did last November in the beer cart in Canada! They had switched from the cherry ephemere to the regular ephemere (apple flavored) which was a minor disappointment.

I discovered Kona because of the Tambu Lounge at the Poly. I love their Big Wave Golden Ale and Pipeline Porter. From what you said about your tastes, you might enjoy Big Wave too if they have it at the time. It's super refreshing! They also have a lager, but I haven't tried it. Luckily, I can get Kona where I live, so it's not like an "only at WDW!" thing.

It's called Schofferhofer Grapefruit. I think that's how it's spelled at least. FWIW, I prefer the Traveler grapefruit.

I've found it at Total Wine if you have one nearby.
We can get this locally as well at an independent beer retailer.

The Leinenkugel's grapefruit shandy is amazing too, and not as heavy as the grapefruit shandy.

My favourite place to drink on property was the Crew's Cup Lounge. I tried Trader Sam's and it was just not my speed. I love bourbon and whiskey so it is a great place and they had a drink called the Smoked Turkey. It was awesome.

I would suggest watching the DIS Unplugged podcasts on drinking around the world and drinking around the Broadwalk.

My other favourite was the pomegranate margarita at Mexico. Just an FYI for Mexico, they will not accept foreign driver's license but require a passport.

La Cava in the Mexico pyramid makes exceptional margaritas. Avocado is my favourite. NB the drink does carry a premium price tag.

Re the passport: for non-US residents, we should be carrying a photocopy of our passport anyway. I fold a colour photocopy up small, put it in a snack sz ziplock bag and tuck away in the bottom of my park bag. However, I doubt that I will ever have a problem at La Cava as I am a tad bit over 21 yrs. Wonder if I could tip large to get them to card me? That would make my day! :-)

The unibroue varieties at the Canada cart are very, very good and much better than any Molson or Labatt product IMHO.

La Cava in the Mexico pyramid makes exceptional margaritas. Avocado is my favourite. NB the drink does carry a premium price tag.

Re the passport: for non-US residents, we should be carrying a photocopy of our passport anyway. I fold a colour photocopy up small, put it in a snack sz ziplock bag and tuck away in the bottom of my park bag. However, I doubt that I will ever have a problem at La Cava as I am a tad bit over 21 yrs. Wonder if I could tip large to get them to card me? That would make my day! :-)

The unibroue varieties at the Canada cart are very, very good and much better than any Molson or Labatt product IMHO.
I agree about being carded. My mustache is grey and my hair is thinning...just once I would like to be carded at WDW/Epcot. :earboy2:

Epcot - Canada - Unibroue Trois Pistole for dark ale, Ephemere for lighter ale (Cherry is my favorite, but Cranberry and Apple are also good). Ephemere is not bitter at all, no hops.

I went for F&W last year, and Germany had a Riesling flight that I loved. Does anyone know if this is something they normally have? I've never been drinking at Epcot except for that one time. I'm a big Riesling fan, and it was hard to get drinks from the other countries when I had found something I really liked.
I think so. Germany offers the Wine Flight at the Weinkeller year round. In fact, if you actually wanted to branch out to wine flights in other Epcot countries, there is a wine walk that can be pre-purchased for flights in France, Germany & Italy.

The only reason it annoyed me was because they said it was Florida state law, but nowhere else on property, nowhere at CityWalk, nowhere in Fort Lauderdale or Miami had this rule. I carry a picture of my passport on my phone, safer then a piece of paper you may lose. But it was just really annoying, especially when it was my final stop on drinks around the world.

I love the grapefruit beer so much that I had to find a local place that sold it.

Now Grapefruit beer is on my list. I am not a beer drinker, but occasional indulge in one. My DSIL shares with me when we tour Epcot, so its a win win for us!

It's going to be tough going for me this August on our trip as my wife and I have committed to some real honest to god weight loss this summer (goal is 20 pounds each). Includes both diet change AND exercise. We are off to a great start and will definitely not want to ruin in in twelve days time at WDW. I realize that alcohol calories will need a drastic reduction. So very sad. I do like a good drink every now and then... or maybe a little more often than every now and then when I am on vacation. ;)

I am making a list of "must haves." The list is just, well, too long atm.

It's going to be tough going for me this August on our trip as my wife and I have committed to some real honest to god weight loss this summer (goal is 20 pounds each). Includes both diet change AND exercise. We are off to a great start and will definitely not want to ruin in in twelve days time at WDW. I realize that alcohol calories will need a drastic reduction. So very sad. I do like a good drink every now and then... or maybe a little more often than every now and then when I am on vacation. ;)

I am making a list of "must haves." The list is just, well, too long atm.

Weirdly enough, I actually lost 5lbs during my week and a half Food & Wine/Free Dining vacation last fall. I always do rope drop & try to walk at least 8-12 miles/day. The walking was key (for me) to keeping off the weight due to all the rich food. Have you considered one of those little pedometers or a fitbit? I have a German made basic Ozeri pedometer that I picked up on amazon for approx $20. So much less $ than a fitbit. It works well for me and keeps me on track. If I make myself walk fast during the morning (rushing to rides & attractions) then I can eat what I want for lunch & dinner! :-) 'Cause dieting at WDW is a drag.

I highly suggest the grapefruit beer in Germany. YUM!

I second this. Buy as many as a time as you can. FWIW, they also sell this beer by the bottle at Ft. Wilderness, at the Settlement Trading Post at the bar in the Trails End. They have a take out window as well.

I have been looking too! No luck so far, but need to check the larger liquor stores. Where did you find it?

Try Leinenkugel's Grapefruit Shandy. It's a special limited release. It's not exactly the same but it's very close.

Yes, I know murdered the spelling of that name.

Weirdly enough, I actually lost 5lbs during my week and a half Food & Wine/Free Dining vacation last fall. I always do rope drop & try to walk at least 8-12 miles/day. The walking was key (for me) to keeping off the weight due to all the rich food. Have you considered one of those little pedometers or a fitbit? I have a German made basic Ozeri pedometer that I picked up on amazon for approx $20. So much less $ than a fitbit. It works well for me and keeps me on track. If I make myself walk fast during the morning (rushing to rides & attractions) then I can eat what I want for lunch & dinner! :-) 'Cause dieting at WDW is a drag.
In fact my wife and I both bought fitbits and they are making a huge difference! Having two young kids will slow us down some at WDW but we are staying at POR and those grounds are fantastic for an early morning run.

1) No always.
2) Try some Single Malt Scotch, with just a splash or water.
. . . 56 calories
. . . ZERO carbs
3) And, it has three of the four basic food groups.

3) Who said low-carb diets were tough!

None of the hard liquors have carbs as long as you stay away from the flavored varieties since they often add sugar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter