Becca's Wish Trip........Update:September 2011.....Photo's....Sorta :)

Welcome to my Pre-trip report, lovely to have you on board for the ride.

I think it is exceptional what the Big Give does for Wish Kids and their families, it is like some kind of Magic :wizard: that has suddenly come into Becca's life - Ours too.
Maroo's TR is brilliant, poignant yet hilarious at the same time, i really look forward to reading it, i will be sad when it is over though.

Mandy

You are so sweet!! Here I was just reading away...and I saw my name...and did a double take... You are so sweet!! :) I am speechless...I better get back to writing!!

The coolest Big Give ever! No dates yet and already Big Gived...that should be like being "booed"... what IS that anyway??? Being Boo-ed...? or Boo'd? or whatever?

I dunno what boo-ed is either, I did read someone explaining it on another thread but I still didn't understand and now I cant find the thread again to give you the link:confused3

Mandy

check your PMs. It's too late for being booed though.

As you know we went to see the Neuro on the 24th Oct.
He put Becca on Topomax - A 25mg dose once and day for 15 days and then twice a day thereafter.
Well........Becca very quickly turned into a complete Zombie! Listless, fatigued and lacking any sort of concentration altogether......Needless to say, trying to teach her school has been a total pain in the ****.
Last Monday after long phone talks with the doctor (through his nurse/answering service) we had the 25mg dose cut in half and she was getting more and more zombified.
She was taking her meds at night before bed. Wednesday and Thursday last week she woke up (late) and had her breakfast and then promptly disappeared to the bathroom and threw up, Friday she didnt even manage breakfast!

Now we know our daughter and the only times she throws up is if she gets the sudden onset migraine or she is coming down with something and she basically throws up for a full day.
This was different.....for a start, she hadnt had enough energy or verve in her to even start working up a migraine :rotfl: and once she threw up just that once she was fine :confused3
Anyways, to cut a long story short on Friday I again played telephone tag with the doctor/nurse/answering service and took her off the meds.
She has to go see the Neuro again tomorrow to discuss alternative meds.

I am afraid if he suggests something with the antihistamine properties in it we are going to veto it.
This exercise was meant to improve her quality of life but the meds just change her into a blob that didnt even have enough energy to work up any kind of headache. The migraines she suffers from are brought on by her doing too much and not having sufficient Oxygen to fuel what she is doing.

Mandy

I'm sorry Becca's been having trouble with her meds... :( That's no fun! I think it was wise to stop them if she was reacting like that. A lot of kids get all zombie like from antihistamines. I hope they're able to find something that will work for her. :thumbsup2

good luck with the Doctor tomorrow. Hopefully he will have an acceptable alternative.

I would say that it is not working then
jason is on verapamil for his daily head ache meds
then he get a Maxalt as soon as he gets one
sorry she is having pain migraines are no fun

Hopefully we will get something that works.
We dont want to put her on meds just for the sake of it, it is all a balancing act.
The meds to stop the headaches are making her a zombie and spoiling quality of life.....she doesnt do things when on the meds to get an headache as she is too tired.
She gets the headaches when she "overcooks" things but on the meds she doesnt reach that stage but either way she has no quality of life.
Without the meds at least she can enjoy life until the headache comes, with the meds she doesnt enjoy anything.
Our ultimate aim is to improve her lifestyle. The headaches are painful yes, but she doesnt get them all the time, they are cause and effect. PLUS....within 1/2 an hour and a quick nap the migraine is gone and she is back to normal. With the meds she is bad all the time.
Becca says she prefers the headaches!!

Sorry to ramble......:rolleyes1

Mandy

We have our dates subject to Doctors approval!!!

January 21st thought January 27th

:dance3: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :dance3:

I would love a huge meet up!! I am used to lots of kids, I work in a school, plus I take my sisters kids to church with me every Sunday.

Kayla really wants to meet Becca!

It looks like Kayla and Becca will be meeting!!:hug:

Mandy

WHOO HOO!! :cool1:
:cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Kayla is so excited! :goodvibes :goodvibes

So is Becca!
After she got off the phone with MAW (I was on the phone then) she came rushing to the puter to look for one of your messages where you had mentioned your travel dates.

Mummy she shouts, we are going the same as mom2lilnick!!! I can meet Kayla!!:rotfl: :rotfl:
Watch out!! Becca is already planning a sleepover:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

I just scanned a postcard that Becca received from Mickey via a Fairy Godmother (Thanks AshleyMWC :thumbsup2 :hug: ) on her recent Vacation to WDW.

postcardfront.jpg

postcardback.jpg

She was delighted to receive this postcard, especially since Mickey signed it too!:yay: :yay:

Mandy

So is Becca!
After she got off the phone with MAW (I was on the phone then) she came rushing to the puter to look for one of your messages where you had mentioned your travel dates.

Mummy she shouts, we are going the same as mom2lilnick!!! I can meet Kayla!!:rotfl: :rotfl:
Watch out!! Becca is already planning a sleepover:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Awwwww!! That brought tears to my eyes! Kayla will have just turned 13 on the 17th of Jan so she is thinking of this as a bday trip along with Nick's MAW. We will have to plan something really special. Kayla is really shy and quiet and has never had more than a friend or two over for her bday's. Maybe we can plan a pizza night or something for the two of them at GKTW!

Give Becca a big hug from us! :lovestruc :grouphug:

I'm Glad your dates let the excitemnt really begin and you will be down there with others how great that is.

JOe

Ians pre trip report

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=28559544#post28559544

Yes, we can actually start planning now we officially have our dates :)

I am trying to do research on LGMH's (Lime Green Mickey Heads)at the moment. I swiped a load from Home Depot over the weekend but now I have them I have no idea what I am going to do with them :rotfl: :rotfl:

Becca says she prefers the headaches!!
Poor kid that she would prefer the headaches. That right there should tell the doctor how bad the meds were.

We have our dates subject to Doctors approval!!!
January 21st thought January 27th
Yay! on the dates. How wonderful, now you can really start planning.

Yes, we can actually start planning now we officially have our dates :)

I am trying to do research on LGMH's (Lime Green Mickey Heads)at the moment. I swiped a load from Home Depot over the weekend but now I have them I have no idea what I am going to do with them :rotfl: :rotfl:
Put your Disboard name on one and hang it on your bag you carry with you in the parks. That way other Dissers may stop and say hello.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter