• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Basking in the Glow of the (not so) Creepy Clown -2/11-Pictures, Final Thoughts, PTR!

Happy Annversary!

I love corn dog nuggets. I also love that Henry made tooting noises when opening up Mr. Potato Head. haha

He is ALL BOY! :rolleyes: :goodvibes

I love when i read about a Dismeet in a TR! Can't wait for my first..in March...I hope! :woohoo:

I didn' t know Oso was at a character breakfast! We aren't big DHS people but I think Aiden will really appreciate it this time around so I really need ot do some digging on what is and isn't there. Oh and I do the same thing with songs all the time, last night at bed time it was "Special Agent Aiden he's all ready for bed". :) Amsues the kid, makes the hubby roll his eyes :laughing:

You are in early March, right? I can't keep track of all the DISers going in late Feb/early March, there are a ton of us! I think your first DIS meet is gonna be a BIGGIE! :banana:

Oso just joined at Hollywood & Vine in DHS - so now it's Handy Manny, Oso and the Little Einsteins. I'm SO GLAD they finally updated it! I've done a very similar song with Henry with very similar reactions from Joe. :rotfl:

So funny about Tootin' Tate! Sound like something my boys (2 and 4) would do!

Happy Anniversary. My DH and I celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary yesterday. We have been together since we were 15 but we waited to get married til we were 22 :laughing: We thought we were so much more grown up then LOL. So sixteen years all together I guess, time flies. Have a great day.

Happy Anniversary to you as well!!! What a very cool story about being together since you were 15! You literally grew up together - and sustained all the changing in those years. Love that! :thumbsup2

I don't know how the heck I got 6 pages behind!

All caught up now. Great updates. How exciting to meet Leisa!

I just woke from a nap when I read about your nap. LOL! I could really appreciate that feeling of just totally resting. My son is famous for giving me a time that is on the dot. ..."at 10:13, so and so called". :rotfl2:
You really got some fabulous pictures this trip. And Henry is cracking me up with his Mickey. I love that he fed him nuggets too.

I would've died laughing hearing him say "wheres his butt" too. Thats our corny sense of humor at our house too.

Henry has gotten really into stuffed animals lately - and thinking they are real. He wants to bring them ALL on the trip to Minnesota. :rolleyes:

We all laughed at Henry asking about Tate's butt, it was hilarious!

Very nice to take a nap and recharge the batteries.... for Henry & you!!! :)

I love seeing the MK decorated for Halloween. Maybe we can get back there next October... :rolleyes1

A Corny Dog DIS meet!!!!! LOLOL :lmao:
With one of our favorite DISers... Liesa!!!!!!

My first TOP sighting of the trip!!!! Well, I guess it has to be the first since she hasn't even made to the US yet on her TR!!!!!! :laughing::laughing: :lmao::lmao: :rotfl2::rotfl2: :rotfl::rotfl:

1007777259_j9vRS-M.jpg

Great pic!!! You aren't a giant, Liesa is just a shorty!!!!

And LOOK at her crown... excuuuuuuuuuse us!!! :lmao::lmao:

So nice to meet a 'celebrity' in real life... your meet sounds wonderful! :)

OOOOOOOOOOOH I'm telllllllling. Taking pics during Monster's INC!!!! ;)

I bet Liesa's pictures of Tate are going to be VERY entertaining. I was trying to feed/wrangle Henry and socialize during the meet, so I only got the one. I'm certain he'll have quite the adventure with her!

It was great meeting a Cleb. ;)

I'm okay with you telling on me about Monster's Inc...that means I'll go to Mickey Jail and be closer to the World. ::yes:: :laughing:

Woo Hoo for corn dog nuggets! I think of you every time I pass Casey's :)

Sounds like a really fun DIS meet! That picture of the two of you is hilarious - you do look like a giant! :laughing:

I'm 5'9", so I am tall for a female, but I felt especially HUGE at that moment! Liesa is tiny and petite. I am....NOT! :rotfl2:

Yep, we looked for him this time, but he wasn't there. I was going to tell him he had become 'famous' on the DISboards. ;)

Bella was still saying 'boon' on the summer trip, but this trip she had graduated to 'baaaaalloon'.

I want to be back there right now, too, and I could be if Jill could have gotten a few more days off. Darn job of hers! :upsidedow

I wonder what that balloon CM would think of him becoming a cleb here on the DIS! I'm surprised he wasn't working! It seems like he was always there!

Henry doesn't even say balloon correctly yet, yay for Bella!!!

Those silly jobs DO get in the way of vacation. I've thought about that quite a bit when considering taking a job...!

Woo Hoo!! I missed your last update so I got a double dose today! :cool1:

Yay for Henry meeting Buzz! :thumbsup2

And it looks like a really fun DIS meet! :goodvibes

That is the best thing about being behind on the DIS, you almost always get an update or two!

Hurray for a DIS meet!:cool1: I'd love to accomplish one of these next November.

AHEM, I for one, agree with you Brook! Liesa was stylin in her crown! It's boys ya know, they just don't get it.....

I hope you have a DIS meet too! I'd love to visit again in November. :cloud9: But it's truly looking like March will be IT for Disney next year. I'm sure there will be other DISers though!

Your boy just makes me smile! :) I love the picture of him on the ramp going up to the TTA. :thumbsup2 Just adorable!!

:yay: for your corndog nuggets and meet with Liesa. I too love her crown! She wears it very well :)

Happy, happy, happy Anniversary!!! :hug:

Tracy

Thanks! :goodvibes Henry really loved all those moving walkways. He became quite the pro by the end of the trip!

Thank you for the anniversary wishes! I also think Liesa wears the crown quite well!!

YAY for a great DIS meet!!! And to share corndog nuggets...that just makes it golden!!!! Henry and Tate...that was just too cute!!!

Yay for another great evening at MK!!!!

Love the pictures of BWV!! I can't wait to stay there!!

It was a wonderful meet! Friends + nommy food! I hope you and LL love the BWV, I just fell in love with it and very much look forward to staying there again!

Love all your pictures from MK!!! I love the Halloween decor!

Looks like a great DIS meet!!! :goodvibes

I just love reading your report because Henry reminds me so much of my little Luke! The smiles & the joy in their eyes just make the Disney trips so much more worthwhile, don't you think?!? :goodvibes

(sidenote: Luke has watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse every morning since he was probably 4 or 5 months old. This past week, he just started saying "Mouse House" everytime he sees Mickey! He means that he wants to go see the Castle...or at least that's mommy interpretation of it! I thought of it when I saw the pic of Henry's Mickey beside the castle! I also love the way he was carrying his Mickey!)

The Halloween decor at MK is truly beautiful. I didn't get many pictures of the details because I've gotten them on previous trips, but it really is VERY pretty. I think I like it more than Christmas even.

And yes! I LOVE the smiles and joy from the little ones at Disney World....it's magical! That is so cute about Luke! Henry sings the theme song now and when he sees the Castle he shouts out "Mickey's House! Mommy, I want to go back to Mickey's!" I think I've trained him well. ;)

Great update on your Casey's meet! I just wrote my Casey's review the other day (will be posted once Katharina has time between packing and unpacking her appartment to edit it) and was thinking of you!

I don't think you are a giant! There must be something about forced perspective going on in this picture, like they use on the buildings at Main Street!! ;)

You see, Katharina and I were smart, we took a photo with Liesa sitting down and while we made her sit upright, we did slide down a bit... :rolleyes1

I bet you have posted your Casey's update by now! I gotta get over there (and almost everyone else's reports too!). I will be by soon, and even though I know the outcome, I'll still enjoy it!

You and Katharina are very smart for doing the sitting picture with Liesa! :rotfl: Too funny! We'll go with that forced perspective theory. ::yes::

Hi Brook! I am all caught up again! What a treat, I had several posts to read so I could keep going and going.... :goodvibes I love the picture of Henry on the Peoplemover looking out over Tomorrowland! He looks like the king presiding over his kingdom! :thumbsup2
Thank you for posting the pictures of the carpets in the BW! They do such a great job with all of the themeing, we all enjoy finding the hidden Mickey's in them....
Your DISmeet at Casey's must have been fun. I think it would be fun to see some DIS friends in person. Glad you got your little nuggets! :rotfl:

I love finding the Hidden Mickey's in the carpet too. I pointed them out to Henry this trip and he was just amazed! It will be really fun when he understands the Hidden Mickey concept a bit better and we can hunt them out.

Hey Brook:goodvibes,

Geeze Louise, I was behind on your fun tr! All caught up now. Love all the cute pics of sweet little Henry. I'm so impressed, this trip looked like it went smooth as silk!:thumbsup2 Good for you! I remember from your winter tr that you felt like a tour guide at times which made it difficult to really soak in the Disney atmosphere! I felt the same way last year when the in-laws came with us.::yes::

Ok, I laughed when I saw the pic of Henry elbowing you out of the way when you were behind bars with Zurg!:lmao: So funny! He really is a cutie.

I know I'm about to get flamed (or at the very least chastised!;)) but I don't get the corn dog nugget obsession. Are they really that good? I'm not a fan of regular corn dogs so maybe that's my problem!:laughing: My 3DD's love them so maybe we'll have to swing by Casey's. DH loves the regular hot dogs there too. Am I just a corn dog snob or something?:laughing: And your dismeet looked like so much fun! I think it's so cool when that happens.:goodvibes

Looking forward to your next update!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Our trip really did go VERY smoothly. A few minor bumps and one Mommy meltdown, but overall, it was awesome. The best yet, IMO. December was exhausting for me, it was nice to have a more relaxing type trip. March will be a dream!

No, I don't think you are a corn dog snob! :laughing: They just aren't for everyone, Joe isn't as crazy about them as I am either. Mine are attached to a memory, which makes them extra special for me...but I TRULY like corn dogs and these are bite-sized, and just right...all together, I love 'em! But no worries, you aren't alone! :goodvibes

More comments later (as in AFTER Sunday), but I'm seriously thinking that Tim was secretly jealous that he can't get away with wearing a tiara too. :lmao: Didn't you notice the silk top too?? You really didn't think I WASN'T Cinderella, did you??

:lmao: You are hilarious! I do think Tim is jealous though!

I could loan out my tiara to him and he could re-take that picture.... :lmao:

:rotfl: That would be AWESOME! Oh man, just thinking about that....!!!!!!!

I'd be afraid he'd never return the tiara. ;)

Oh TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!! Nice one Kathy!!! (and you are right!)

You don't think I'd walk around MK with a tiara on my head? I think I'd fit right in!!!!! princess:

I've walked around MK in 90 degree heat for hours looking like this:

DSC06640.jpg

I think i could make it with a teeny-tiny tiara on. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

You so NEED to do this to appease us Tim!!!!

Love the costume! :thumbsup2 But that in 90 degrees??!?! You are a very dedicated man!

How awesome to meet another Dis'er over yummy CDN! I can't think of a yummier way to meet. Boys and their tooting jokes. I tell ya Brook, it's starting now and will not end for awhile. My 7 year old is always going on about some bodily function. lol!!

The picture you posted about "soaking it all in". Ah....sigh. It gave me that internal yearn. The one where you are really, really wishing for your Happy Place, kwim? It's tough to wait to go back.

Great update lady! :)

I truly don't think the bodily function thing will ever end, because get a couple male adults together even and the talk eventually turns to that! :rolleyes: It's in their blood or something!

Oh yes, I know exactly what you mean about that internal yearn. I can't look at my pictures for very long sometimes because of it!

Yep, boys and bodily functions, it truly never ends. :rolleyes:
Brooke - I always love your pictures - it makes me want to be at MK soooo bad! In 12 days I will be there - but not at MK, only HS and Epcot this trip - maybe I'll catch a glimpse of the castle from a bus window! :laughing:

And you've got it from more than one! I'm sure you team those boys up and it's a bodily function marathon! :rotfl:

Your trip is SO CLOSE! Are you just bursting at the seams?! I hope you get a glimpse of MK at least. Epcot is so wonderful too though....:cloud9: ENJOY IT!

All caught up again.
Love Henry in TL and on Buzz, with Buzz and the TTA ( now the Peoplemover)

Liesa is fabulous isn't she? You both are. I am so glad I got meet with both of you.

Love the tiara

Thanks Pat! :goodvibes You are equally as fabulous!! I'm looking forward to writing our DIS meet and sharing those pics!

The ones at Pop tasted the same to me as the ones at the parks. Maybe it was just our BK, because even my DH thought the drink was awful. And he normally likes most things. He isn't picky like I am.

I should try the ones at BK again sometime - we have one pretty close. I try to avoid fast food, but I might need to take one for the team on the official "Are the BK frozen Cokes gross or not?" :laughing:

Love this picture of Mickey. I might have to take a similar picture on my next trip.

Here is a pic of my DS's Mickey last time we were there. We called it our own Hidden Mickey.

IMG_2895.jpg

Great update as always. You are so good at trip reports. So glad that you go to Disney alot, because I don't know what I would do without your trip reports to read. It would not be good.

Love your Hidden Mickey pic too! Henry was holding him up from his stroller, so that got me the idea. I like how it turned out too!

Next year March will probably be our only trip. :sad1: But at least it will be long, right?! :goodvibes Thank you for the nice compliments on the TR though, I really enjoy writing them and reliving it all!

Dude!! You rock!! I totally remember that get-up you wore- so suave!

You're right! I think it's teeny tiny too, I need a bigger one. princess:

::yes:: !!!

Hi Brook! I'm still reading along...when there is time and trying to catch-up on a couple of my FAV trippies! Your pics are just amazing...they really make me feel I am there right now (*wishing*)! Well we are getting excited for our Christmas trip in that it will be here before we know it! We were originally coming back the day before Xmas Eve BUT :love: DH suggested spending :santa:Christmas EVE/DAY:santa: at Disney so our trip has been extended a bit, too ;)! I'm not complaing..lol! BTW, I have been looking out for you in the neighborhood...but haven't seen ya around yet :rotfl:. I will recognize you and lil' Henry from your pics! I usually frequent Starbucks (not DD) on Ditmars each am, after dropping off the kids for school. Hope to see ya around! :flower3:

That is SO GREAT about going over Christmas! I would love that. This year we are staying in NYC, so trust me - I have thought about trying to make it work...but it just won't this year- vacation wise and money wise! But, some year, we will! It would be so wonderful to wake up and open presents, etc right at Disney World...:cloud9:

We will meet up! I've been so busy lately with everything - but we WILL! I gotta reply to my PMs and we'll figure something out soon. Maybe next week....! I'm good with Starbucks too, I don't get there too often since I walk past DD, but it's coffee - I'll drink it! :goodvibes

I've enjoyed your pictures immensely. I REALLY, REALLY want to stay at BWV. We usually go in October (F&WF) and have never been able to book a room that we can actually afford.

But I still dream!

Now back to read MORE.

Thank you!!!! I hope you get into the BWV soon! I know it's a tough one to get during F&W. I was pretty surprised to get it during F&GF in March too, but I'm glad we did. It's a great resort!

awe, you gotta love the pics of H with Buzz.

And I gotta say, sometimes the sun doesn't bring out the best in adults too hehe Not only 3 year olds have tantrums hehe

That is VERY true! I have a Mommy Meltdown later in the week. :rolleyes1

What a nice day at the MK, and a nice meet!

It was!

I'm here!!!! I caught up. :) Life has been wild but calming down now.

Love your MK day! You got a LOT done!!

I must try that pretzel this trip.....YUM!!!!!

I'm so with ya on that wild life. Mine has had its moments this past week as well.

The pretzel was nummy! It was filling too!

Sounds like a great DIS meet with great food!

It was! It was wonderful to meet Liesa, and even better with corn dog nuggets!

Woohoo! :cool1:

Thanks BE!

Love the updates! I'm behind again, but working to catch back up. I didn't realize you met up with Liesa. That's awesome! Henry's Tate interaction had me CRACKING UP! (For the obvious reasons.)

Good stuff that!

Looking forward to more. Great job on the photos as always!

Your welcome! Henry was such a nut with Tate. And he's just all boy with the bodily function noises and discussions. :rolleyes: :rotfl: If he could read Liesa's report he would be laughing right along with all of us!

Oh wow! I don't think we have ever mentioned that to each other before - Happy Anniversary to you as well (now belated!) Were you married in 2006 as well?

I hope your move went well and smoothly!

Yes, 2006 - maybe we should also compare times :lmao:

The move went as smoothly as a move can go, I think, but additionally I got a nasty cold jsut somedays before and moving didn't really improve my health. Right now I'm terribly behind with everything, but I know I will just need some time to catch up.

Brook, great to see you posting on your TR again!

Sounds like you are really busy with changing your life once again. :goodvibes Do children start school when they are 4 in the USA? Here you don't start until you are 6. But many kids start going to a nursery (we call it Kindergarten, but I think it is different from what you call kindergarten because it is not a part of school). when they are 3.

I hope you will find a job which will offer you what you need and which you will enjoy! :goodvibes

Good luck on your job hunt.

I agree with you on the Holiday decorations. I've seen them in Oct. and Dec. and I much prefer the Halloween decor to the Christmas. We are going next Nov. for Thanksgiving, too bad Halloween stuff won't still be up, I could get a 2 for 1 on the decorations :lmao:

Hi Brooke,
I wish you the best of luck with your job search. I was a SAHM for quite a few years, while I loved every minute of it and was so fortunate to be able to stay home. I needed to work! I needed to be with adults! It was hard at first to find something because I was not working for I want to say a good 3 years. At first I worked part time at night then I ended up going back to school. :goodvibes

I can't believe Henry will be starting school already! Will he be in 3k or a 4k program? Watch out once they start school time flies by. It's hard to believe my oldest is a senior this year and my youngest is a freshman! :faint: I'm sure he will love it and he needs to be with kids his own age as well as you need adults to. :goodvibes

WOW! Best of luck finding just the right job that you can shine in! I know He's got your back covered. I'm keeping my eye out too for some part time work- only to travel with the $$ I earn.

Keep us posted on your progress!!

Catching up after our trip!

Woo hoo for a wonderful (minus a meltdown or 2) day at MK! I LOVE the pics with Henry and Buzz! I also love his story of why Buzz had to go inside! :lovestruc He's a smart little guy!

What a fabulous meet! I tried to keep up with Liesa's TR but there's so much going on over there!!!! WOW!

I never noticed the informational column on the board LOL!!

And you've got it from more than one! I'm sure you team those boys up and it's a bodily function marathon! :rotfl:
Your trip is SO CLOSE! Are you just bursting at the seams?! I hope you get a glimpse of MK at least. Epcot is so wonderful too though....:cloud9: ENJOY IT!

Yup, add DH into the mix and it's out of control! :lmao:
I am so ready for my girlie girl trip! Yes, I am bursting! :banana:

Good luck with your job search!! I hear you on the decision to look for work. Both working and SAHM are such hard jobs and so different! I have been mostly a SAHM for 3 years now and I am just about ready for a part time job. It will be good to get out of the house on a regular basis and interact with adults!

I think Henry will LOVE preschool, if that is the route you are going to take. David started going two days a week this year and he loves it! I am considering switching him to the 3 day a week program mid-year, especially if I go back to work. He has so much fun interacting with the other kids, and I love that he is learning to listen to other adults besides me!

You were talking a while back about potty training difficulties. Not that this will make a difference :laughing: but have you seen The Potty Book for Boys? The main character is named Henry and its a really cute book! It hasn't helped us PT yet, but maybe it'll help you! :lmao:

Good luck with your job search! I stayed home for 8 years, went back when my youngest started first grade. I was SO ready for it. I was able to return part-time to the company I worked for before kids. I've been there for 2 years now, 25 hours/week, so that I can be home for the bus. It's a perfect schedule and I was lucky to find it. In reality I work more than 25 hours most weeks, but I can usually do the extra from home. With kids a flexible schedule is the most important thing. I hope you find the right place and circumstances for you and your family.

Good luck with you job search, Brook! Im sure you will find something that will work perfectly for you:) I have been a SAHM since I had Kayla almost 21 years ago. I worked up until the day I had her, but havent worked out of the home since. I wouldnt even know where to begin:rotfl:
And have a great time in St. Lucia:cool1:
My DH's cousin lives there. DH's twin sis and little sis went a couple of years ago for a visit and said it was absolutely beautiful! From the pictures I saw I would agree:thumbsup2 Who's staying with Henry?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter