Basking in the Glow of the (not so) Creepy Clown -2/11-Pictures, Final Thoughts, PTR!

Continued from previous post

After discovering the differences between males and females it was time for us to head here

1007435955_sBEfH-M.jpg

for this
1008121830_dKpPh-M.jpg

:woohoo:

Except one problem.

You see that little purple lettering at the bottom of the sign? "Check-in begins at 9 p.m."? Well...it was 8 pm. I had noted the time incorrectly!

So, where to now?

Anyone know where this is?
1007929127_h84Xk-M.jpg

Yep! Pirates!

1007525234_Yhzc4-M.jpg

Back to Adventureland and straight onto Pirates. I was a tad nervous about this one because Henry did NOT like it AT ALL last time we rode, but I thought we had to try. As we winded through the line, which was more than 15 minutes, but not bad, I spoke to him about the ride, warned him about the drop - he seemed cool with it all.

This queue really is very, very cool. I had forgotten what is was like since we haven't ridden it in a few trips.

1007596237_gQxJ4-M.jpg

1008002869_wmHtn-M.jpg

First we put him behind bars over in Tomorrowland, and now we let him stand near explosives. What good parents we are! ;)

I tried really, really hard to get a decent picture on the ride, but NONE came out. I gotta work on my dark, moving ride settings. Our boat did get stopped under the hairy leg, by the time I pulled my camera back out we were moving. :headache: I know you all would have enjoyed the big 'ol hairy leg picture!

Henry did GREAT on the ride. Loved it! He thought it was very cool when the boats were shooting the cannonballs and the water would spray up!

And into the dump shop---which is a fantastic one!
1007860131_wg2zN-M.jpg

Boys will be boys! :goodvibes

Henry first found a sword and then quickly found...
1008118384_smp6A-M.jpg

A gun. :rolleyes: Surprised? Me neither.

1008066553_FyZUL-M.jpg

1007857648_t7taA-M.jpg

This is so cute!

1008023287_XsPsf-M.jpg

After our ride with pirates and adventure through the gift shop it was time to head over to Tomorrowland and check-in so we could gorge ourselves with tasty desserts.

The line was long, but moved pretty quickly and soon we were led to a very nice table almost directly in the front! :yay: It was a great spot!

We quickly made our first, of many, buffet trips. Everything is mini (except the strawberries), so I know, I for one, always end up eating way more than I need to!

1007830853_JajWC-M.jpg

Starting with the round ball - Truffles, cannoli, mango sipper, tiramisu, creme brulee, 2 chocolate covered strawberries.

1007937946_hWMVc-M.jpg

Chocolate covered strawberry, cannoli, the first 3 of MANY donut holes for Joe (thought of you Tracey!), and a brownie

1007764753_VGgx3-M.jpg

Watermelon, creme brulee, chocolate covered strawberries, cannolis

1007661965_PRnMd-M.jpg

Oh how I love thee my mini creme brulee!

1007245323_Qizo9-M.jpg

Our table was decorated with these

We did this buffet back in 2009 as well and I have to say, I really like the changes they have made! The seating arrangement is better and they have the buffet on a higher level of the terrace, so everyone can sit closer. While the variety was slimmer, they had all the best stuff. The chocolate covered strawberries were ever flowing, they never ran out of anything - even at the end of Wishes you could snag a few things if you wanted.

They also added a Photopass Photographer.

1007920348_2dKiq-M.jpg

Back at our table with plenty of dessert in our bellies, we happily enjoyed the atmosphere and talked about our day as we waited for Wishes.

At some point earlier in the trip Henry had randomly busted out a "What you talkin' about Mommy?" and it was HILARIOUS to Joe and I. He kept saying this throughout the entire trip whenever Joe and I would be discussing something, he'd try to interrupt with a "What you talkin' about?" :laughing:

Video - What you talkin' about? (42 seconds)

Continued in next post

Continued from previous post

1008115076_hSRdg-M.jpg

This was his "coffee". It was milk, but he loved drinking out of the coffee mug like Mommy!

1007650202_vUn3a-M.jpg

And very soon...

1007762294_assz5-M.jpg

1007786202_RU8Hn-M.jpg

1007907180_UaGgd-M.jpg

1007711800_GpVCV-M.jpg

1007427857_uV2dq-M.jpg

Before the show started I told Henry Tinkerbell would fly right over us - he was very excited to see her. I recorded her flight, you can just make out Henry shouting "Tinkerbell!" in the background.

Tinkerbell's Flight (1 minute 19 seconds)

As always, it was a wonderful show. We love the dessert buffet and we love Wishes! It's a perfect combo. The view is better from other parts of MK, but it's not bad here. And endless creme brulee and chocolate covered strawberries are not available in other places. ;)

We joined the mob on the way out
1008102373_Ktyny-M.jpg

1007657373_Panwg-M.jpg

I don't have notes or pictures of our bus ride back, so it must have been uneventful.

Or I was sleeping. Which is entirely possible! :laughing:

One thing I DO remember was Joe and I talking about the great meet with Liesa and he said something that made my jaw drop.

"Ya, I didn't think the corn dog nuggets were very good."

SAY WHAT?!

I looked like this :eek:

My own husband!

:mad: :sad2: :scared1:

:rotfl: Just kidding! But I was a little shocked. This couldn't be! Then worry set in. Would he want to skip Casey's next trip? I started to bargain with him. I told him that I couldn't. We could eat our main meal elsewhere, but the nuggets would have to be done. Thankfully, I did not have to advance to the next step of grief, "depression" because he's cool with getting a hot dog.

Whew! Crisis averted!

;)

And with that - we were off to sleep in our beautiful BWV room, the next day we had plans for Epcot! Would Henry ride Test Track? Would he enjoy it?

Great update, Brook. I was getting a little worried because I had seen you ahdn't updated and you've not posted on my TR. But obviously all is well.

Love your story of Henry and the Country Bears and now knowing the difference between boys and girls. :)

Your pictures are great. We've not done the Treehouse in years and probably won't (Mark doesn't like all the stairs and really can't do that many at one time), so I enjoyed the pictures from that. I'm so glad that Henry loved POTC--another one "bites the dust."

Your fireworks pics are great. We keep going back and forth on the Dessert Party. Some people love it, some people don't think it is worth it. So we've still not made a decision if it is offered again next year whether or not we'll do it.

Whoa, this was a great update!!

The Swiss Family Treehouse is so fun. I love the views from the top!

Haha, that will be one Country Bear Jamboree that you will never forget! :lmao:

Oh my goodness, I am drooling at the desserts! :love:

I too, think Pirates has an excellent gift shop. Fun place and so many neat things to buy or take pictures with! :) Go figure the little man would find swords and guns. Boys!

Your Wishes pictures are so pretty!! I just adore Wishes. The desserts look yum. :) Glad Joe will settle for the hotdog or you would have to fanangle a way to get your delicious little nuggets! Ha!!

what a fun update! The Country Bears were my favorite when I was a kid. We took Madeline on our last trip and she liked it so much we went twice. :) Haven't taken her on the Swiss Family Tree house yet though. Maybe I'll have her watch the movie before June.

How do you make reservations for the Wishes dessert party? Is it the same way you make ADR's?

Great updates. All those attractions are on our list for Dec. The desert party looks pretty yummy!!

About Montessori-I moved my older DD from a public first grade to a Montessori one and we all really like it. She is doing advanced math and reading and learning all about history and cultures. C goes to the co-op school I teach at but will be going to the Montessori school next year for K. It is cool cause it is Montessori and also chartered by the school district. So it is free to attend but recieves what little state $$$ that public schools get.

1008066553_FyZUL-M.jpg

Is that a Ball and Chain on his ankle??? :lmao: That is way too cute!

1007830853_JajWC-M.jpg

Starting with the round ball - Truffles, cannoli, mango sipper, tiramisu, creme brulee, 2 chocolate covered strawberries.
Yum, yum, yummy!

They also added a Photopass Photographer.
I love that plush Mickey made an appearance in the family photo!
1007920348_2dKiq-M.jpg

At some point earlier in the trip Henry had randomly busted out a "What you talkin' about Mommy?" and it was HILARIOUS to Joe and I. He kept saying this throughout the entire trip whenever Joe and I would be discussing something, he'd try to interrupt with a "What you talkin' about?" :laughing:
I can't wait to go home and see this video! Can't watch You Tube at work, go figure.:rolleyes1

I love Henry's "boy/girl" epiphany! It just all seemed to click right there with the bears! Can you imagine all of the stories you'll be able to share with his dates when he's older? :goodvibes

Great update, it was well worth the wait!

Great update! I am so debating the Wishes dessert party. Are there fans? Does it seem cooler there? I think A and B could handle it but C is not likely. Were there lots of small kids? I am scheming to see if maybe A and I could go back there for that as a special treat on our second MK day. But I feel bad b/c last trip we got a special afternoon together and did CRT. That, DH had no interest in but a dessert party is different. Hmmm.

I am so glad you decided to update today! It is a teacher workday, and I have managed to finish everything I needed to do -- I was kind of bored. So, yeay, for having something to read!

I am cracking up that Henry realized the differences between girls and boys while watching the Country Bears Jamboree!!! :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: That's a classic for sure!

Hurray for Henry liking Pirates this time around! It's hard to resist the barrels of explosives, isn't it? ;)

I could so use a big plate of those desserts right now!

Whew! I was really worried about the fate of future trips to Casey's, but thank goodness Joe is willing to get a hot dog!

A quick reply..

He didn't REALLY say that!!!

(Did he??)

He really did.

:sad2:

And I betcha in March he'll get the hot dog, I'll get the Nuggets of Gold, and he'll want to eat a few of mine. I think it's a scheme of his to get more food from me while still appearing innocent!

Your last update gave me a great idea! When we go in March, it will be very close to my dad's 75 birthday and I wanted to plan something special. I considered doing the boat on the lagoon for the fireworks but I will have a baby with me and if he isn't a fan of fireworks, might be a bad idea, no escape route. BUT the wishes dessert party might be a perfect "special event" to celebrate my dad's birthday! :wizard: Woot woot!

Your shots of the fireworks are fantastic, love them!! And so glad Henry liked Pirates. We were nervous last time when we took Aiden but he loved it, wonder if his reaction will be different next time?!

The Wishes dessert party looks wonderful! All those desserts...yummy! :thumbsup2 So, Henry has started to notice the difference between girls and boys...I hope you can wait a few more years for the "real" discussion of differences...THAT was an interesting conversation (which has only just begun in our house)! :eek:

Off to pack - only one more sleep!! :dance3:

Brook, great update!:thumbsup2 I literally LOL reading Henry's thoughts on the Country Bears:rotfl2:

AFWIW, I would've had a blast w/the guys at the Pirates storepirate: Girls will be girls:laughing:

Great update Brook! It looks like you guys had a lovely evening at MK!

We did the Dessert Party in Oct 09, I've thought about adding it to our trip next month but keep going back and forth! Of course, anyplace with an endless supply of chocolate covered strawberries is the place for me!

I love that Henry learned the boy/girl difference at CBJ. How many people can say that?!! I haven't been to see the bears since sometime in the 80's!! Somehow I don't think it has changed much ;)
Your dessert buffet looks delightful! I always think about doing this and never do! :laughing:
Glad the crisis was averted with Casey's :rolleyes1
I thought of you a few times last week when I was in Disney....at Chick-Fil-A:lovestruc and of course at BW :goodvibes
Oooh I hope H went on TT. That is one of my favorite rides :thumbsup2

Tracy

Another great update! You did a really nice job on your fireworks pictures. :thumbsup2

I still remember the day...I was tagging-along with my older sister, visiting her elementary school before the school-year began (I wasn't old enough for school yet). Somehow a discussion came up about boys and girls and she said "You don't know the difference between boys and girls". I said, "Yes I do. Girls have long hair and boys have short hair." I could tell by the reaction I got, that I wasn't yet fully-informed.

Great MK update! We've never done the Jamboree either...that is one I want to def. do on our upcoming trip while my girl's are still young enough to enjoy it! That dessert party looks amazing! I'm a huge fan of desserts, but my husband is not and thinks it's a waste. UGH...maybe I can work on him some more for our next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter