August 28, 2004 "LOST AT SEA" Cruise

Unduly stressed. The 2 days at sea aren't back to back, so for sure they will not get bored.

Welcome aboard and when I get back from the PTA meeting, I will put you and your family on the page one list. Let me know who will be sailing with you.:D

Joanna

hey Cynditoo

don't worry about the two days at sea. I thought about that when i first booked but i had a good friend who sent me into the castawayclub.com and i took a look at the navagators although they won't be exactly the same but it gave me a glimpse of some of the things that kids can do. so don't worry everything will be fine and me and my family will see you there.

Tonia:D :D

Hey everyone!

I'm at the NJ shore staying at my niece's house tonight.... I came down on Thursday so I could be with my mom and family while she's still in the hospital. They haven't done the surgery yet, it looks like it's postponed until some time next week. My DH is back in Massachusetts with my DSs while I'm here for a few more days. Thanks again for all the good thoughts regarding my mom.

Anyway, wanted to sign on to do the official weekly countdown!

48 WEEKS TO GO and I'm even more excited since I called our TA this past week and upgraded our cabin to a verandah cabin!! :) Of course, I wouldn't care if we were sleeping in the lobby, it's going to be so much fun!!! :teeth:

Hope you all are doing well this weekend!!

i am glad you are doing okay, we all said before our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I am very happy for you that you upgraded, i am still thinking about it but i think i need the extra money more.

enjoy the shore it is suppose to be a great day today and there is nothing like jersey shore fries ha ha ha ha

iwill talk to everyone next week

seaspray i hope you have a safe journey back home.

Seaspray...Good Luck to your mom. Glad you were able to check in for us, believe it or not, I count on you to count for us LOL.

Enjoy todays beautiful weather.

Joanna

SEASPRAY - Thinking of you and your family.

Do you think they would let us sleep in the lobby? I've been known to sleep just about anywhere. We had a verandah on 2 cruises but didn't on the last and won't this time. Can I hang out on yours?

Glad to see we have new members. WELCOME cynditoo.

And the countdown continues...

47 Weeks -

Hi all.....we are about 47 weeks now from hitting the high seas and having a great time.....the weeks sure are going by slow, but, I guess it'll get here eventually.....hope everyone is doing well and have a great week !!! Andy:teeth:

Hi Andy...Yes the time is dragging. In about a month we'll get in the 200's, as far as days go. But I do like the countdown of weeks instead of days.

Joanna

Originally posted by xABearx
47 Weeks -

Hi all.....we are about 47 weeks now from hitting the high seas and having a great time.....the weeks sure are going by slow, but, I guess it'll get here eventually.....hope everyone is doing well and have a great week !!! Andy:teeth:

:wave:Hi Andy!

Yes, 47 weeks from tonight we'll be at the Radisson at the port, looking forward to boarding the Magic the next day!!!

I've had a week from "you know where" this past week. In addition to my mother being in the hospital STILL, her health is declining so they haven't done the surgery for the feeding tube yet, then while I was in NJ, my 47 yr old brother drove himself to the ER because he wasn't feeling well and while he was there his heart stopped for 8 seconds!! They ended up putting a pacemaker in the next day, and we're all still in shock over that. He should be fine, they found no evidence of heart attack, blockage, or any other heart disease. They actually don't know why his heart stopped like that. Then, last Sunday while I was still in NJ, my DH called me and said our hot water heater had sprung a leak during the night, so he woke up to a flooded basement. We had recently turned it into a finished basement. Fortunately we have excellent homeowner's insurance and they sent over a water damage restoration company and now, less than a week later, our basement and familyroom (plus there's a laundry room, my DH's home office, and a workshop down there) is bone dry once again! They got the water up quickly and all this past week they had huge dehumidifiers and warm air blowers set up to make sure the entire basement was dried out properly. Our insurance adjuster was here on Wednesday and when he left we had a check in our hands to cover replacing the wall to wall carpeting, as well as paint, and other associated expenses. We will still receive another check for all of the items that were damaged and destroyed from the water.
Then this week I had some very bad abdominal pains so I went to the doctor yesterday morning. After doing some preliminary tests she suspects ovarian cysts. I am scheduled for an abdominal ultrasound in a few weeks. I also found out that my blood pressure is sky high, 145/100!!! After this past week, I'm not surprised. lol
So....in the end, it's been an amazingly stressful week, but things could definitely be much worse.

Tomorrow morning (Saturday morning) at 10am I will be on the phone calling Telecharge to get tickets to see Jerry Seinfeld in concert at the Wang Theater in Boston, in January. This is supposed to be a very popular event, please wish me success in getting tickets!! DH and I are huge Seinfeld fans, and my DSister, DBIL, DNiece, and DNephew-in-law want to go with us, so I'll be trying to get 6 tickets.

I hope you all had a good week, and have a wonderful weekend!! Are you all still as excited about our Disney cruise as I am, even though we still have almost a year to go?? :hyper:

OMG, Seaspray...You had the same kind of week I had in August. It was horrible and I'm glad everyone is doing better.

Good Luck with the tickets, we love Seinfeld, we always quote him, especially when we are in Florida and the server never checks on us. Remember that one don't you. LOL

Joanna

OH MY OH MY Seaspray, what a time you are having, that sounds like the last year that i had. 7 days sleeping in chair with my injured husband and 6 weeks in the rehab center with him and this wed. we will go for a second opinion for his torn acl and torn rotator and i am hoping that they can do the surgery because that would make him much easier to live with. You and your family are in our prayers. well today we were out at the mall and we stopped at the travel agent and asked if they had any new dcl books and my son is soooooooo excited just looking at the book and i can not wait until the limo picks us up at the house to take us to the airport. we will stay at the radisson and then the next day i can not wait to see my childrens faces when they see the boat (i can't wait to see my face i am just as excited as they are) everyone have a great week and say a little prayer for us for wed. as we will be extending prayers for everyone and their families to be safe and happy. until next week.

Tonia:D

46 Weeks --

Hello all....well, another week has passed and we are now down to 46 more to go....hope all had a great week and an even better weekend, 3 day for some of us......Andy

AHHHH 46 more weeks to go. We are off on Monday here.

Andy...I'm sure you know this already, but did you check out the pricing for the GA. residents.

Joanna

Originally posted by Mjasp
AHHHH 46 more weeks to go. We are off on Monday here.

Andy...I'm sure you know this already, but did you check out the pricing for the GA. residents.

Joanna

Hey Joanna.....I did not see the pricing for us here in GA....I did read on another post that 1 person in the party had to be from FL to qualify for the discount which didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.......Andy

Sorry Andy. GA. rates only go till December 2003 for now. If you have time off for Thanksgiving week, its $1857 for 2 in a category 9. Is that price good?

Joanna

That seems to be a very good deal during Thanksgiving.....we use our points to cruise though, got next years cruise in a Cat. 9 using the on board booking which was 130 pp which I thought was a great deal.......Andy

Hi All!

Just wanted to add our names to the 8/28/04 Western Cruise.....

It's me, Jim

DW Sandy
DD Carly 17
DS Jimmy 15
DS Alec 7

This will be our second cruise, we were on the 8/23/03 Eastern (VerandahMan) ;) Cruise....

Looking forward to getting to know you all......

Jim

Originally posted by turtlekrawl

we were on the 8/23/03 Eastern

Jim

We were on this cruise as well.....maybe we'll run into you this time around......Andy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter