August 28, 2004 "LOST AT SEA" Cruise

HI

Just missed this board and figured I'd give a shout.

Cindy::MinnieMo

Hi Jill!

How have you been?

Would you reconsider cruising with us on 8/19/06?

Why don't you pop onto that thread and say hello. I know everyone would love to hear from you.

-Mary Rose

HELP PLEASE!!

Can anyone who has gotten their 10% discounts for the 8/28 cruise please help me. I am getting a terrible run around from DCL. First they told me to write a letter. I wrote two. Then I emailed. Then I called twice. Both times I was told that yes, they were aware of the offer, but it would take time.

Yesterday in the mail I receive this ridiculous letter from a DCL rep telling me, in great detail, why I cannot receive "reimbursement" for my expenses (because I didn't buy my travel insurance through them). I wasn't asking for reimbursement! So in great frustration I called today and now the supervisor I spoke with (Kim) is saying they never made that offer and it does not exist!

I'm just trying to get a concensus of how many actually received it already. Also, any comments you were told by DCL or your travel agent about getting it and why.

Thanks so much. I fear this is a losing battle. How frustrating to have some people get the discount and others be denied!

I'm not sure what discount you are refering to. Do you mean the 10% and $200 onboard credit for re-booking onboard? Or in our case booking shortly after the cruise because the re-booking desk was closed towards the end of the cruise?

At first our Travel Agent (All Seasons) was told that we could not get the 10% discount/$200 credit because that's only good for booking while ON the cruise. But eventually she was able to get the discount for me, after I gave her Ginny's name, DCL was able to look at their reservation and see that they had been given the discount too. I can't believe that after your letters and phone calls that they are giving you such a run around:mad:

I also got the 10% and $200 stateboard credit, but with a little bit of a hassle. They kept telling me to wait for a 25% off voucher in the mail and then finally I said "there is no 25%, but there IS a 10% and $200 credit offer", that wasn't offered on the cruise because Donna was busy doing other things. Then she spoke with her supervisor and I got it.

Tell them you want your 10% off and $200 credit because you weren't able to book on board.

Wait for the morning, I always rather deal with day people.

Joanna

:wave: :wave2:
Thanks for saying hi. I wish I could go with you guys in 2006. But, I'm going to have to save up for the Xmas NYE cruise. My DGD & Her girlfriend don't want to miss any school. & asked if we could go then. I couldn't say no. We are also going to stay at SOG for NYE & watch the fireworks.

We are going to the NE Dis Meet in Allentown. Maybe we can meet again.

Jill

PS. The picture is of my DD's & their familys & myself.

:sunny:

Hello Everyone..

one year ago we departed on our 10 day unscheduled cruise...

Just thinking of everyone.....

Bobby

What a great thing to wake up this morning (At the NJ shore, no less!) and see a message in my email that there was a new post to this thread!! :)

It's been a year since the start of our wonderful 10-night cruise, and I remember it like it was a week ago! :)

That was the start to so many great friendships, and the best cruise we have ever been on! :boat:

I hope all of you are doing well, and I also think of "our" cruise all the time! :sunny:

Yes, we would have been at Castaway Cay right now!!! Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I am sad!!! It was good to see you and your family last night Bobby.
I miss the Disney cruise. This is the first year since we started cruising that I am not going!

Yes, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY everyone,... It was such a great year....

It was indeed great to get to know everyone last year.. Why cant we be there now!!! :goodvibes ..

We were at CASTAWAY CAY!!! Karen was going to here BODY MASSAGE... and we were just relaxin on shore...

Where did the time go??

Here is to next yr on the REUNION CRUISE!!! :banana: :drinking1 :drinking1

Doreen

Bobby
I was just talking about you to my daughter the other day.
NOt the one that went on the cruise. My other DD, the one that is going on the next cruise in Dec.

Sea Spray has talked to her & said hi. HI Sea Spray.

Everyone is excited about this cruise. It is a nice group like ours was. We are at 132 pages with1900 posts. Maybe we will catch up to this one.
We are talking about dis meets & excursions together.

It's hard to believe it's been a year already.
I hope everyone will be as great as you guys are.
Jill

Happy Anniversary everyone:

I was just thinking about this cruise yesterday and saying that it was a year ago but it seems like yesterday.

I am going to miss you all so much on your upcoming August 06 cruise. I will be in Disney 8/17 - 8/20 if anyone is staying there before your cruise I would love to meet up with you.

We are cruising on Carnival and it leaves on 8/20 so we decided to go to WDW for a couple of days before the cruise.

Let's keep this thread alive as long as we can.

Lyn

I too was thinking that just last year we we setting sail on our adventure. It was so nice to see this thread again. While we have no cruise planned in our future at all (we did do DisneyLand, California this year) and have 3 trips to Disneyworld planned on paper for 2006, maybe 2007 will be our year to think about getting on the high seas again.

Those of you sailing again in 2006, I hope you have a wonderful time and a smooth sailing.

Hi everybody ---

I was getting ready to post on our thread for this yr's cruise and saw that the thread from last year was up at the top of the page... I hope everybody has been having a great year!! We're leaving on Wednesday for Orlando and then boarding the Magic on Saturday...for the E Caribbean route. Hopefully we will be hurricane-free this year and New Orleans will get spared Katrina.

the other Ginny
:wave2:

Hi everyone! Wow what a nice little surprise to get the email about a new thread here! :)

Adam and I are doing great and hoping to plan a cruise for 2007 with the kids. by then we will have baby #4 here - yes I said #4!!! OMG!!! Can't believe it myself most days!!!

Hard to believe this time last year we were living it up on the Magic. Actually at this exact time last year Adam and I were getting our massages with the Romance Package!!! Woo Hoo!!! Need one of those now!!!

Hope you are all doing well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter