August 28, 2004 "LOST AT SEA" Cruise

Mjasp

DIS Veteran
I know there is a thread about August cruises here, but it isn't just an 8/28/04 cruise.

So lets start an official 8/28 thread and see who is going, even though it is quite early.

It will be me, DH and 2 DD's who will be 12 and 8 at sailing time.

Joanna

MJASP...with DH, DD12, DD8 RADISSON
Mark "o"...with DW, DS 12, DS 5 ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE
Winnyis...with DH, DD9, DS6 RADISSON
Winnyis... also with Dsis, Dbil, Dnephew 8 and Dniece 4 RADISSON
Darwin91...with DH, DD7
Caren90...with DH, DD 12, DS 9, BIL and SIL with DS 8, DD 5
Sandygirl...with DH, DD7 celebrating her 7th birthday RADISSON
Elke...with DH, DS12 1/2 and DD10, Dnephews 11 & 9, Dneice 10
(21 total relatives on board)
Tonia...with DH, DD11, DS6, mom and 2 sisters 17 and 10
Seaspray...with DH, DS16, DS13 RADISSON
also with Seaspray are her SIL and BIL, Tina and Bill RADISSON
xAbearx and gdulaney
Lynr... with DH Bob, DS Matt 17, POLYNESIAN RESORT
Bashful64...with DH, DD10, DS8, DD4
Mikesmom88...with DH, DS15 and 19 family members, celebrating
aunt and uncles 50th anniversary!
Trishamg...with family, aunt, cousins, mom and 3 Godchildren,
ages 12, 8 and 3
Cynditoo...with DD's 8 and 6
Turtlekrawl...Jim with DW Sandy, DD Carly 17, DS Jimmy 15,
DS Alec 7 HYATT AT MCO
Karel...with DH and DS 13, DS 12 and DD 10 RADISSON
ThreeCircles...Jason and Travis...First leg of back to back cruises
Mary Anne...with DH and DS 16 and DS 13 RADISSON
Zupzup...with DH and DD 71/2 and DD 5 traveling with another
family with DS 8 and DD under 2
Paulinewdw...with DH and DS 13, DS 10 and DS 7 OLD KEY WEST
O'BWV...with DH, DD 14 and DS 11 RADISSON
MoranClan...with DW, DD Katie, DD Jessie, DS Bobby Jr. RADISSON
Reenieny...with DH, DD 15, DS 11 and DSister POP CENTURY
Admepo...Melanie and DH Adam celebrating 7th anniversary
Invaderzim...with DH and DD 17 UNIVERSAL ROYAL PACIFIC
Sgt.Jeff...with DW Wendy, DD Jessica 9 and DS Dakotah 6
Rcomputers...Gail & Julian MARIOTT HORIZONS
Missinshadow...Carolyn with DH John and DS John 8 Traveling with 17 relatives
Nuts4sn00py...with DH, DD 10, DS 9 and BIL, also traveling with her Best friend, and best friends DH and DS 9

It will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. We cruised in 2001 and 2002 - were skipping this year in hopes they will change the shows a little. It will be me, DH, DD(9 when we cruise) and DS (6 when we cruise)

We are traveling with my sister and her family - this will be their first cruise.

Ginny

Hi Mark and Ginny...I know the cruise is SOOOO far away, but I just had to start an official 8/28 thread.

Counting my days till Vistana, can't wait to count the days till our cruise. (Although that is wishing away our lives.) Planning is half the fun.

Ginny..Our 2 DD's will be in the same age group in the lab. Next year at this time we can tell them.

Joanna

I saw you other post about SPR's & regular category 10's - do you have an SPR for the 8/28 cruise - we have 2 of them 5522 & 5524 and their is another dis'er who has 5020,22 & 24

We all booked the first day they opened up back in Dec.

It would be neat if all Dis'ers had the SPR's

Ginny

Yes, we do LOL #5520 right next door. Hi neighbor! Are you able to read my posts? My last post isn't posted but is when I clicked on reply. Why isn't "Post Reply" on the bottom of your threads?

Joanna

replys.... Wonder whats up. We had 5520 in August 2002 and loved it. But I went for the adjoiners for this trip so we could swap off with my sis and BIL with going out after kids are asleep and leave the door between the rooms open so we could watch each others kids...

Ginny

Glad to know 5520 is a good cabin. Now we will have to make another door so we all could take turns watching the kids. LOL

MMouse...Where are you? This gives you time to save for college and still go before school starts and it is a good priced cruise.

Joanna

Hi There,
It's me. We have SPH's #5020,22,24. This will be our third cruise, we have 5020 and we also had it last August. My BIL has the other two SPH's for his family of 5, it is thier second cruise. Once you start you can't stop. I WISH it was THIS YEAR!!!
Caren

We are booked on the 8/28/04 Western. It will be a 7th birthday celebration for our DD. I can't wait! This will be our 4th, 2 Eastern and 1 Western so far. Hope we make it to Grand Cayman this time, we got stormed out in Jan. Seems like a long time to Aug of 04, but it will be here before we know it. See you all on board!

We are booked on the August 28, 2004 Western. We will be me, DH, DS - will be 12 1/2 and DD - will be 10. We will also have 21 relatives on board including nephews 11 & 9 and niece 10.

It is the first cruise for all of us. We have been counting down since last December when the rates and dates came out.

We look forward to seeing you.

Elke

Hi Caren, Sandy and Elke...Soon we will be under 400 days then under a year, but as much as I want to go I don't want to rush this summer, with all the bad weather we've had, summer has really just started here about a week ago.

On page one I listed who stated they were going, if I put someone in who shouldn't be there or not put someone who should be, just post and i'll fix it. Just makes it easier for someone to see at a glance how many DISers and their kids who are going and the kids ages.

Don't know how I'm going to add our "who's cruisin" list maintainer. Have no clue how to make that symbol.

So it does seem us DISers have the SPR booked for that cruise. Am seriously thinking of upgrading to a verandah, but won't do it till very close to sailing time if I decide to. Am afraid of getting the sewage smell we had on the 5/11/02 sailing, if it happens there is no verandah door to open to get fresh air. I'll wait and see.

Joanna

Joanna

Wonder if our cruise is going to be sailing pretty empty since it is at the end of August and with the 2 new itinerary's on August 7th and August 21st. I hope not, but for repeat cruisers with more than 4 cruises under their belt the new itinerary is very appealing i'm sure. This will be our second Disney cruise and i'm still very happy with the Western itinerary, so far.

Joanna

I don't think they will have any problem filling the ship. We chose it because the cost is less than the weeks just prior and because my DD isn't back in school until after Labor Day. More than likely there will be many east coasters who aren't in school yet. Personally, I prefer the Eastern itinerary. We did the Western only once and I am giving it a second chance. Maybe we will be able to tender in Grand Cayman this time. Hope so. But I think if the Eastern had been open for booking when we booked in Jan I would have chosen that sailing.

Then again...being on a Disney Cruise anywhere, anytime, is my favorite place to be!

See ya!

my family and i will be cruising also. this will be out first disney cruise and i am so excited. i will find out on tuesday what my room # is. i hope to see you all on the cruise.

WELCOME TONIA!

See you on the cruise. If you have any questions post them on the DIS. Everyone is very knowledgable and helpful.

Sandygirl

See, I told you all, another Jerseyite!;)

Sandy...Don't forget us NYers? Although it is the tri-state area, that will take on this cruise. Must be because we don't start school till after Labor Day.

WOOHOO Under 400 days :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

See you all then
Joanna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter