August 28, 2004 "LOST AT SEA" Cruise

52 weeks. Let the countdown begin.

WOO HOO

Have a happy and safe weekend, talk to you all next Saturday.

Joanna:Pinkbounc

Hi Everyone,
Just popping back to say hello. I have not posted since this thread began, but I do love checking it now and again to keep the excitment going. Oh how I wish it were this year.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Caren

good afternoon,

HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND

it is now officially less than a year until our cruise and I can't wait. I was wondering did anyone follow up on possible shirts for the cruise. I know the idea had been kicked around and several people agreed to it. let me know. i try to only look at the boards once a week becasue i get so excited. I have got to be worse than my children. As soon as anyone hears about the new brochures coming out can you let me know becasue i am really interested in the changes on the ship. and if i hear something first i will put it on the board. i have already booked my hotel so that we can come on down the night before. i really look forward to meeting everyone on the ship. have a great weekend.:Pinkbounc :p

Hi everyone!

I am SO happy to realize that our cruise is now less than a year away :p I checked on both the Disney official web site and my TA's web site, and the price of our cruise has gone UP! I am so glad we're already booked!! :)

I am wondering what excursions you're all considering. Here's what I have planned so far, although these could change by next year: (please keep in my that my DH and DSs aren't big beach people, so I won't be booking any beach excursions except of course the day we'll be at Castaway Cay)

KEY WEST:

Western Union Schooner. http://www.schoonerwesternunion.com/
They offer a "sunset" tour or a "midday" tour. This can be booked through Disney or booked on your own. I'm planning on the midday tour then doing a little exploring on our own. I'd like to stop into Margaritaville and the Hard Rock Cafe. We have late dining, so from what I've read we should be able to view the sunset from the top deck of the Magic before going to dinner.

GRAND CAYMAN:

Stingray City and snorkeling (our own gear). Not sure who we'll book this through yet.

Nautilus Undersea Tour. http://www.nautilus.ky/
I've seen pictures of this and they show this on the Disney Cruise Line planning video too, it looks pretty cool.

Hopefully have time to walk around near the pier a little on this day, too. I want a t-shirt from the Hard Rock Cafe, I collect them.

COZUMEL:

Tulum ruins!! Can't wait for this excursion :) Definitely will book this one through DCL. Take a look at the awesome pictures of the ruins and surrounding area on this site if you'd like: http://externe.net/photos/ll2-mexico-tulum-mayan-ruins/aligned_with_the_stars Scroll through all 46 of this person's pics.

We want to walk around the area near the pier, hit the Hard Rock Cafe for a t-shirt! :)

CASTAWAY CAY:

We'll have our own snorkeling gear with us, and we also want to do the banana boats. I hope to mostly relax this day but explore the island a little, too.

I can recommend Captain Marvins for the Stingray City Excursion. We used them last year and loved it - only about 15 people total on our boat and the guides got in the water with us and coaxed out lots of fish and eels while we were snorkeling - My kids loved it. We plan on using them again next year.

Ginny

IT'S ME AGAIN, I booked the radison so i can come down the night before.

As far as the excursions, i have not planned that much. I have to keep in mind that my husband was in a horrible accident in 2002 and he has a torn rotator, torn acl and back injuries. so that limits the amount of things i can do. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE PLANNED SO FAR:

grand cayman: ???????????????

cozemel: dolphin swim:D :D :D :D :D

key west: visit hemingway's house

castaway key: ?????????????

any suggestions, let me know

thanks

LESS THAN A YEAR AND COUNTING:Pinkbounc

Ginny: I've read a lot of good things about Capt Marvin's. I think the deciding factor on who we end up booking with will be the time frames they offer. We really want to do the Nautilus semi-sub on that same day, so I'll have to fit both in. Maybe we'll be on the same Capt Marvin's excursion if we end up booking with them :)

Tonia: Maybe we can have a pre-cruise get together at the Radisson the night before! We're already booked there. Sorry to hear about your DH's accident :( Many of our excursions do not require much physical exertion, such as the Western Union Schooner or the Nautilus semi-sub so they may be appropriate for him to do.

our cruise. I will be staying there also along with my sister and her family (havent made our reservations yet). We did this last year on our Magic Cruise and it was so nice to meet everyone ahead of time. The Radisson has a great pool too!!!

We will also probably book the Radisson the night before. We stayed there pre cruise in 2002 and was very happy.

OK already 3 families for a DIS meet. I'm traveling with 3 other families and I'm sure they will be staying there also. But I have to get them on the DISboards first.

Excursions...Hmmm, I will change about 100 times before next year, but this is what I like so far. Did the Western last year, so here goes

Key West...Trolley Tour
Grand Cayman...DCL excursion to Hell and back
Cozumel...It's MR.SANCHOS for me
CC...Put my chair at waters edge and tell me when its time to reboard.

Ahhh...Just reading about it is getting me psyched.

Joanna

My DH's sister and her husband are thinking of joining us on this cruise, so there may be even more people at the Radisson with us! :teeth: I emailed the link to the DIS boards to my SIL last night, so she may be lurking here. If so... HI TINA!! :p They plan on being in Florida for a week before the cruise and going to WDW, and visiting relatives, so I invited them to share our suite the night before the cruise. It's just the two of them so we'd have plenty of room because we have a 2-king bed suite reserved.

Joanna: I'm also considering the Trolley Tour for Key West. And I'D LOVE to go to Mr Sanchos but as of now we have the all-day Tulum ruins excursion planned for our Cozumel day.

Like I said in my previous post, all of the excursions that I am considering now, are definitely subject to change! lol

Key West - rent those scotter cars and tool around on our own - since we took the trolly tour last year

Grand Cayman - Capt Marvins 3 hour snorkle & Stingray City Tour

Cozumel - Shopping for my 40th birthday present - BIG DIAMOND EARINGS - and Mr Sanchos - Save me a spot Joanna

Castaway Key - Lay on the family beach and try to figure out how I can stay on the ship for another week - LOL

Ginny

Ginny: What are the scooter cars?? Do you have a website or info about them? I don't think I've ever heard of them before, but they sound interesting! Thanks! :)

Thanks so much Ginny, they look like a lot of fun!! :) I've saved that web site so I can show my DH.

Sea Spray...What category did you book?

Do you have the Walt or Roy suite???

Let us know, so we can stop by for a tour.:D

Joanna

Originally posted by Mjasp
Sea Spray...What category did you book?

Do you have the Walt or Roy suite???

Let us know, so we can stop by for a tour.:D

Joanna

Oh how I wish!! :p The only suite we'll be in will be at the Radisson the night BEFORE the cruise!! :teeth: On the ship we're in a Cat 9. :) If my SIL & BIL go on the cruise too, I don't know what category they'll book.

We have tee minus 51 weeks before we hit the high seas.....boy, the time is gonna creep :(

WOOHOO Welcome aboard xAbear....And the list grows. I LOVE it.

What a meet we will have. Did alot of other DISers join up for the 8/28 when you were aboard?

Joanna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter