August 27, Fantasy Eastern

My daughter (and I) are looking forward to Animator's Palate and drawing characters that they are animated on screen. Has anyone a link to download the form? We'd like to get in a little practice ahead of time.

I have another question.... DCL seem to be pretty open to bringing alcohol (wine, beer) on the ship 1 per person.... can you bring those little shooter bottles of alcohol, too? would i leave them in my suitcase? Also, i read to bring a water bottle to fill up at the pool, etc.... can you bring open water containers or water bottles w/ water in them on board? (walk on with open container of water?) Or, is it like going through airport security where the water bottle has to be empty? With the little ones, i'm sure they will have a drink in hand when we walk on the ship...is this ok?

My daughter (and I) are looking forward to Animator's Palate and drawing characters that they are animated on screen. Has anyone a link to download the form? We'd like to get in a little practice ahead of time.

I love this idea. All I've been able to find online are photos that people took of the blank sheet of the paper. We might make our own just for fun one night. My drawings are always a little lacking in the creativity department.

I have another question.... DCL seem to be pretty open to bringing alcohol (wine, beer) on the ship 1 per person.... can you bring those little shooter bottles of alcohol, too? would i leave them in my suitcase? Also, i read to bring a water bottle to fill up at the pool, etc.... can you bring open water containers or water bottles w/ water in them on board? (walk on with open container of water?) Or, is it like going through airport security where the water bottle has to be empty? With the little ones, i'm sure they will have a drink in hand when we walk on the ship...is this ok?

DCL allows you to carry on two bottles per person. A link to the policy is here:
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/carrying-alcohol-onboard/

It's best to pack the bottles in your carry-on, although this can be a little cumbersome if you are the type who checks in well before the rooms are opened up. Among the many threads on DCL and alcohol is the sentiment that putting it in your luggage could lead to some unfortunate spills.

As for water, you can bring the bottles with you. They will go through the scanner with your other carry-on materials, to the best of my recollection.

However, it's helpful to note that because soda is included in the cruise, it is very easy to get a cup of ice water wherever you go onboard.

papertraveller - I've only found images too! Perhaps when we get back from our cruise, I'll scan a copy and upload a .pdf for others to practice on. I'll bet before too long, they'll have these on iPad, since so many kids are doing artwork on those these days!

I was going to scan one of ours, but it is too large to fit into the scanner.

Does anyone know if they still sell the paintbrush butter knives on the Fantasy? We got only one of them years ago and would like more of them.

I wondered what the price point difference would be between a Disney cruise and the equivalent days at WDW. If you book 7 nights at the Caribbean resort - Pirate room (about the equivalent of the Deluxe stateroom with Verandah I booked) plus 7 day park hopper tickets with extras, and a dining plan for two which includes 3 meals and 2 snacks you get $5,114 - about $400 more than I'm spending for the cruise. What's NOT included? All day, all you want snacking at various delicious self-serve restaurants; all the sodas and coffee, tea you want; free towels on ship and off at Castaway Cay; Castaway Cay itself; FREE 24 hour room service; first run Disney company movies, including movies in your room every moment; everything being no more than 10 minutes from your room, so if you ever get tired you can head go your cabin and order room service and eat out on your verandah or in the privacy of your room with your free movies; your wait staff knowing your names from night one thru the end of your stay....

And all this, for $400 LESS?

Does anyone know if they still sell the paintbrush butter knives on the Fantasy? We got only one of them years ago and would like more of them.

This is so funny -- that's the ONLY thing on my onboard shopping list! We also bought just one, and I'd love to have more!

We are flying in on Friday and headed to Port Canaveral (area) to stay over Friday night....anyone else staying there? Looking at Cocoa Beach because we'll be there by noon. I have an 11, 9 and 3 year old (5 of us all together).

I was helping a friend look for a honeymoon cruise for her and her fiance, for next January. They may have to change their wedding date to accomodate the 7 day cruise they want to take tho!

One thing we noticed, the week OF Valentine's Day is about 20% cheaper for all staterooms than the week AFTER Valentine's! My hypothesis? Think of all the guys who FORGET Valentine's Day, then HAVE to book something the VERY NEXT week to make up for it ("No, honey, PLEASE! I didn't forget you, I, uh, I, ah - BOOKED A CRUISE!" <sounds of furtive dialing or online searching of Disney cruises> "What the h---? Why are these so expensive AFTER Valentine's Day?")

The FE list on page two, post 35, has been updated. One more stateroom to go before the first list is complete and we start on Group Two!

My DD (age 12) wanted to know if there were others around her age into Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Panic at the Disco and 21 Pilots? She's looking to be more her own person this cruise and hopes to find some friends.

We are flying in on Friday and headed to Port Canaveral (area) to stay over Friday night....anyone else staying there? Looking at Cocoa Beach because we'll be there by noon. I have an 11, 9 and 3 year old (5 of us all together).

We are staying at the new homewood suites across from the Country Inn and Suites. They are open to booking starting in July and less expensive than CI&S.

We're flying in Friday from John Wayne airport (Orange County, CA), and staying at the DoubleTree at Orlando hotel. Yay for Hilton rewards points, our hotel is free!

Morning,

My family and I just booked this cruise. We are excited to be back onboard the Fantasy. We have three kids two boys (15/14) and one girl (9). Really looking forward to visiting Tortola. Am curious what excursions people are looking at or have taken on Tortola.

We've seen that the Dream got the Star Wars upgrade since last we sailed. Has the Fantasy received anything special? Right now we're wishing we could go to Vannelope's (on the Dream). What does the Fantasy have to offer?

DIS MEET
Saturday, August 27

FE LIST

Group One

8058 - papertraveller - DH, DW, DD (16)
7567 - sirena - DH, DW, DD (14), DS (11)
8042 - maximus86 - DH, DW, DD (14)
7092 - nichde - DH, DW, DS (10), DS (7), DS (5)
7086 - nichde's friends - DH, DW, DD (10), DS (7)
7626 - screnwriter - Dad, DD (12)
9050 - Maple Leaf - Grandpa, Grandson (16), Grandson (12)
9048 - Maple Leaf - Granni, Granddaughter (14), Grandson (14)
6142 - sund23 - DH, DW, DS (11), DD (9), DS (3)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter